That's Not Me ~ Kaleb Fanfict...

By bratayay

Unknown: "Annie where are you? I've been waiting for over an hour!" Katie: "That's not me." "Sorry, I think y... More

Introduction
1 ~ gymnastics injury ~
3 ~ contest entry ~
4 ~ caleb & california ~
5 ~ the beach ~
6 ~ the leblancs ~

2 ~ the contest ~

257 11 9
By bratayay

Katie's POV

"How do you feel, Kate?" Mom asked once I was awake from surgery Thursday afternoon.

I shrugged. "Groggy," I muttered.

"That makes sense," Mom said as she rubbed my hand. "Anyway, the doctor said they would discharge us after they check on you once you woke up. I can go get the doctor if you'd like."

I nodded. "Yes please."

Mom left the room for a couple minutes to get the doctor and then came back.

The doctor and one of the nurses checked me and cleared me to go home. They signed my discharge papers and the nurse wheeled me in a wheelchair to Mom's car in the parking lot.

"You want something to eat?" Mom asked.

"No thanks," I replied. "I'll just eat at home."

When we got home, I went to my room and watched Netflix; typically boring Katie.

While I was loading a new Pretty Little Liars episode, my phone buzzed.

I picked it up to see Caleb had texted me; I forgot that I told him I was getting surgery!

While I was texting Caleb, Mom yelled from outside the door that Brennan would get me for dinner a few minutes. So, I said goodbye to Caleb and while waiting for Brennan, I did some research on the school's website about their contest.

The contest was about who would write the best short story or create the best story through photography, which was something I was good at.

I could probably win! I thought as I grinned and printed out a copy of the flyer from the website.

"Katie," Brennan called as he knocked on the door.

"It's open!" I called back.

Brennan opened the door. "Dinner's ready," he said.

I nodded and he helped me into my wheelchair and pushed me to the dining table.

"What's this, Kate?" Dad asked as he held up the flyer from the printer.

"It's a contest," I explained. "I was hoping to enter."

Dad handed the flyer to Mom and she quickly scanned through it. "Photography, I bet you could do that."

"Yeah," I said with a grin.

"Where do you want to go?" Ryan asked after he had looked through the flyer.

I shrugged. "Maybe LA, I've always wanted to go."

"Is there supposed to be a specific theme to the contest?" Dad asked.

"I guess not, there wasn't one listed on the flyer," I answered.

"Actually, there is," Brennan pointed to tiny print under the flyer's title. It read: Create A Story About Mystery, Nature, or Adventure! Entry due June 30.

"June 30? That's in two weeks!" I exclaimed as I reread the print to make sure I had it right.

"You'll do fine, Kate," Mom smiled. "Now, let's eat!"

•••

Later that night, I began brainstorming about what my project should be. I loved taking pictures of nature, but how could I create that into a story?

I wrote down several ideas but ended up scrapping them all; none of them were good enough to win!

And of course, just when I needed the help, Caleb texted me.

After we stopped texting, I quickly began writing down what Caleb came up with. I wrote down ideas on what I wanted each photograph to be, because another rule was there couldn't be more than 10 photographs, so I had to use my pictures wisely.

Eventually I fell asleep while I was still brainstorming and writing ideas down. I was hoping I would come up with something good, that way I could meet my new friend.

•••

A/N: welp I haven't updated in a while, oops.

But what's up 'tayays? I'm bored and procrastinating when I should be doing homework that's due tomorrow oOPS so I better get started on that :/

What did you think of this chapter? Please leave your thoughts below because I love seeing what you guys think/predict about the story :3

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If so please don't forget to vote comment and share because I love your feedback!

Thanks, until next time ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 63.5K 43
" Wtf is wrong with you, can't you sleep peacefully " " I-Its pain..ning d-down there, I can't...s-sleep " " JUST SLEEP QUIETLY & LET ME ALSO SLEEP...
2.1M 57.7K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...
797K 29.5K 97
𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓: you are going to die. does this worry you? ❪ tua s1 ⎯⎯⎯ 4 ❫ © 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴𝙷𝚇𝚁𝙶𝚁𝙴𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚂...
438K 15.3K 163
Sevyn and Von hung around the same people but did not like each other. But they were just cordial. Until Von's birthday came up and Sevyn was the onl...