Pirate's Curse | Harry Hook

clevercxs द्वारा

Completed [2019] √ Cover by @RiderStilinski ❝If you can dream it, you can do it.❞ - Walt Disney ... अधिक

Pirate's Curse
|PLAYLIST
|1
|Note
|2
|3
|4
|5
|6
|Gifs #1
|7
|8
|Gifs #2
|Erina
|9
New cover!
|11
Wallpapers
|12
|13
|14
|15
|16
| Commentary
|17
|18
|19
|New Characters!
|20
|epigraph
|21
hi everyone
|22
|23
|24
|25
|26
|27
|28
|29
|30
Epilogue
Felix's Pirate Makeover
|Ask the Author!
|Thank You
Feedback
MY SOCIALS

|10

16.5K 406 131
clevercxs द्वारा

     I WATCHED THROUGH TINTED WINDOWS as golden rings began to take form, arching over the road to Auradon. With my elbow rested upon the door, and my chin pressed into my palm, I could feel my arm fall asleep. Likewise, I began to nod off, only to be startled awake by our limousine becoming airborne. It was as if we hit something, or rather, something hit us. The limousine fell downwards with a thud, causing us to hit our heads on the roof.

     "What was that? Did you hit somebody?" Evie shrieked, and I craned my body around to look out the back window. Carlos looked over my shoulder and shook his head. Nothing.

"That was weird." Carlos looked around cautiously. "Maybe we popped a tire." He suggested, but I knew that wasn't the case.

     Narrowing my eyes, I watched as the furthest rings behind us quite literally fell into the ocean. It was as if they'd been deflated, or untied. Each ring created waves with their descent, and sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

     That isn't right. My mind is playing tricks on me.

     It was as if the remaining rings had suddenly been set on fire. Instead of a soft, golden glow, the rings were a brilliant blue. The flames grew taller and taller, until the rings burned to ashes. "Guys." I warned, only to be ignored by the three VKs discussing how to save Mal.

     As if following a trail of gasoline, a line of blue flames appeared on the road behind our vehicle. I could practically feel the heat of the flames beneath my feat. I could smell burning rubber, and assumed our tires were on fire.

"Do you guys smell that?" I panicked, unbuckling my seatbelt and standing up to move. Everyone shook their heads, and I pointed out the rear window. To my shock, the bridge was on fire behind us. "Jay, drive faster." I warner, feeling my pulse increase.

Carlos grabbed my hand, and stood up next to me. "Erina, what's going on? Are you feeling okay?" His thick brows furrowed with worry. He could see how startled I was, but it was clear he couldn't see what I saw. I shook my head, feeling my throat tighten.

Jay didn't speed up the car, however, we were almost home. Carlos took a seat next to me, as I dashed toward the window. Pressing my palms against the glass, I watched in horror as the bridge turned to ashes.

"The bridge is on fire! It's literally turning to ash and falling into the w—" My babbling was interrupted by Jay, who spoke from the driver's seat, "There's no flames. Guys, I think she hit her head on some coral or something. She needs to see a doctor."

Carlos and Evie agreed, and Evie moved to sit next to Carlos and I. She spoke gently and placed her hand on my knee, "Erina, the bridge is fine. We don't smell anything unusual, and we most definitely aren't on fire. Look." Evie pointed towards the bridge behind us. To my astonishment, the bridge was perfectly fine and intact.

"Huh." I sighed, turning to face forward as we entered through Auradon's barrier. "Maybe drowning scrambled my brain a bit. Or maybe my time in the Isle deprived me of so much magic and beauty — that it all hit me at once... once I was exposed to it again." I shrugged.

"Erina? How did you almost drown if you're part mermaid?" Carlos inquired. I grinned, looking over to him, then to Evie.

"I... suppose that in order to breathe underwater, I need magic. Magic doesn't exist on the Isle, therefore I couldn't use any. However," I took in a deep breathe, and watched Jay drive up to the front of the school. "I'm not sure if I could breathe underwater even if I had some sort of magic. I've never tried before, and after today, I don't plan to."

And with that, the four of us stepped out of the limousine. I was home — well, not my home. My home was the Isle, however I was too fatigued to start complaining.

I could hear frogs and crickets chirping in the garden, doing their best to disrupt the night's silence.

Auradon no longer felt like home to me; it was so unfamiliar. After meeting Harry, and adjusting to life in the Isle, Auradon was old news.

I missed the Isle.

Entering through the main doors, I trudged up the grand staircase which led to the girls' hallway. Evie wasn't far behind, but I was too tired to wait for her. Shuffling my feet down the carpeted hallway, I could feel myself swaying from side to side as if I were still onboard of Uma's ship.

Luckily it was late enough that the hall monitors were off duty. The last thing I needed was to get into more trouble tonight. I found my room, and tried to turn the doorknob; it wouldn't open.

I don't have my key. It must be on my nightstand.

I knocked softly, looking both ways to ensure I didn't wake anyone up. It didn't take Ally long to appear before me in the doorway.

"Hey." I whispered, as she quickly pulled me inside by my wrist. I winced, "Hey, easy, I'm sore. It's been a long day for me." I chuckled, kicking my shoes and socks off.

"What happened? Tell me everything! Did you find Mal? I-I hope so!" Ally's eyes lit up as her excitement grew.

"Shhh, it's late. I don't want anyone else to know I've been away." I sighed, falling onto my bed next to Ally's. "Alright, so-"

Ally jumped on her bed, squealing with excitement. She propped herself up with pillows, and  shaking with excitement.

     "Well for starters, I was captured by a pirate." I chuckled briefly, recalling the moment I first saw Harry.

     "Who?!" She gasped, immediately covering her mouth with a blush.

     "Harry Hook, the oh-so infamous son of Captain Hook." I teased. "While I was looking for Mal — on my own — I let my stubborn ego get the best of me. I wanted to prove to him that I could find her on my own, and that I didn't need his help. But, like I said, I was captured. The rest is history."

     It was as if Ally had seen wonderland for the first time; her eyes were wide with elation and curiosity. Her adventurous side craved to know every last detail of my experience.

     "No! Tell me what else! What did Harry look like? I heard he's cute, and extremely tall. Oh! And protective over his girlfriend." Ally clutched a heart shaped pillow to her chest, swooning over the thought of Harry Hook.

   I regained my posture, unsure if I heard her correctly. "Ally...Who told you that Harry has a girlfriend? People actually know who he is?" I paused. "I assumed saying his name was as forbidden as using magic in Auradon. Why would someone from here associate with a pirate?" I couldn't help but interrogate her, despite the time. I feared that she knew too much about Harry, and potentially me as well.

   "Oh yeah! Mal used to date him before she met Ben. They broke up, and Mal left Harry and her best friend Uma behind. Uma and Harry stayed together on the Isle, bonding over a common enemy. Mal."

     I felt my heart plummet to the bottom of my stomach. My palms were sweaty, and my chest ached. I'd made a huge mistake. Leaving Mal on the Isle with her ex was a recipe for disaster.

     In extreme detail, I managed to tell Ally about my entire day. I did, however, leave a few things out.

     "After all I went through, Mal is still on the Isle." I muttered dryly, pulling layers of blankets over my body. I lost Harry and never found Mal. I felt as if I let Auradon down whilst breaking my own heart. "But she's tough. If Uma gives her any trouble, she'll know what to do. Perhaps Harry will find Mal and keep her locked away in a cage like he did with me. She'd be safe, at least." The thought of Harry and Mal reuniting pained me, however imagining Mal in a cage truly brought a smile to my face.

     I had no idea what possessed the future queen of Auradon to run away from her picture-perfect life. I was worried not only for Auradon's sake, but my own. If Mal chose to stay on the Isle, she would surely run into Harry again.

     Maybe he's the reason she left...

     "Anyways, when I—" I stopped talking after realizing that I'd lost my audience. Ally pulled a blanket over her head, and turned off her lamp.

     The moon cast bright rays upon the floor of our room. Our very pink, and very girly room. Everything was pink with lace and bows, but it never bothered me until tonight. I would prefer to live in a room that was decorated like the interior of Uma's ship. Dark. Elegant. Villainous.

   "I'm in love with Harry." I whispered, interrupting  the silence before Ally could begin snoring. She shot upright, nearly knocking things off the nightstand.

     "The one who kidnapped you?!"

     "Yes." I replied breathlessly. "It didn't happen right away. We were at each other's throats for a while. But then.. I realized he wasn't so bad." I grinned, feeling the natural light illuminate my complexion. "He uh, realized I wasn't so good, either..." I smirked into my pillow.

   "What do you mean by that? That you're 'not all good'? What happened to you on the Isle, Erina?"

     I instantly sat up, my headboard slamming against the wall. "Nothing really!" I dropped my head in defeat. "I guess the Isle opened my eyes." Ally's jaw dropped, eyes widening in fear. I could sense that she was starting to panic, and I couldn't understand why. "C'mon, you know me!" I kicked the blankets off and practically ran to her bedside. "You know I'm not like the other princesses. I'm feisty! I love danger and mischief, j-just like you. That's exactly what I found on the Isle, and I loved it. You would like it too if you gave it a chance—"

Ally shook her head, getting out of bed and pacing around the room. "You're a villain now, aren't you? That no good Harry Hook's stealing my best friend." Ally clenched her fists by her sides. I'd never seen this side of Ally before. She was fearful of losing me, however was going about it the wrong way. I could see her stress ramping up with every passing moment. I knew I needed to calm her down, or else we'd get caught.

"Ally calm down." I soothed, cautiously approaching her as if she were a wild animal. "He's not stealing your best friend. I'm right here and I always will be. If I ever have the chance, I'd love for you to meet him. You know," I continued, following Ally back to our beds, "You'd be surprised at how much a of a sweetheart Harry is. Uma totally has him whipped, though. And that makes sense now after you told me about their drama with Mal." I was trying to keep things light to avoid any further conflict, but that's a difficult task when you're dealing with a lunatic.

"Harry and I shared food, we danced, we almost kissed a few times.. It was the greatest thing. I probably sound crazy, hear me out, but I'd rather live on the Isle with Harry than live here in Auradon."

   Ally nearly fell out of her bed. "—with me." She added, pursing her lips together in anguish. "I knew we loved a couple pranks here and there, but you sound evil. Erina, you've gone mad!" Ally's voice wavered as she turned the main light on. She fumbled around in her nightstand drawer, pulling out her phone. She immediately began to text someone.

     "Who are you texting? It's almost 1 am." I groaned, acknowledging the fact that this wasn't going to end well. It took everything in my power not to pounce her right then and there for her phone.

     "This is for your own good." She got out of bed, and attempted to lock herself in the bathroom. I caught her arm before she could shut the door.

   It was too late, she'd sent whatever she needed to. And to my displeasure, it was to my mom. Snatching the phone from her hand, I read what she'd sent:

Ally: Erina's back from the Isle. She's gone mad. Please come to our dorm, asap.

Erina's Mom: On my way.

   "Oh come on." I gasped. "You texted my mom, and snitched on me?" As if I hadn't been through enough today, my best — and only — friend betrayed me.

"No, I snitched on you earlier, right after you and Jay left. Ariel needed to know you were leaving."

My face was drained of all color. My mouth was dry, and I was completely lost for thought. "So, she knew I was gone the whole time?"

Ally nodded. "All of Auradon should know by now." She grinned mischievously, her smile glowing in the darkness of our bathroom. Clenching and releasing my fists, I fought a sudden urge to shove her against the wall as Harry did to me.

Maybe the Isle did change me. Or, it just helped to bring out my true self.

   "I want a new roommate. You're ridiculously in-sane!" I snapped, storming out of the bathroom. I stopped in my tracks, and turned on my heels to face Ally. "I know that Harry tied me up. I know he and I fought ruthlessly against each other with pirate swords. And I know that he locked me in a cage only to push me off a plank to drown in the ocean. But at least he had a reason for all of it. You just like causing trouble, and hurting those closest to you." I scoffed, peaking through my door to see if my mom was anywhere near.

"Erina let me say something."

"You just did." I smirked. "I'm not finished." I spat bitterly at a girl who I once admired. "I also know that Harry would never betray me like that. Uma ordered him to push me off the plank. My hands and ankles were tied, and guess what? I nearly died. I practically did. But he went against Uma, destroying the loyalty he had with his entire crew. He dove in to save me. Because that's what real loyalty is. To me, you were like a sister. My crazy little sister." I began to walk towards her, as a look of sheer terror flooded her eyes. Her shoulder blades hit the wall, and I towered over her mercilessly.

"You're making no sense, y-you're scaring me."

"Oh? I'm scaring yeh?" I found myself reveling in the pleasure of scaring her. Chuckling beneath my breathe, I leaned in. "I'm not an Auradon girl. I belong on the Isle. And I deserve better friends than you. After all, you're just a girl. Daughter of an irrelevant... Alice." I left Ally trembling in fear against the wall, as I strode over to the window overlooking the campus. In the distance, I could see the shadow of the Isle. It beckoned me to return.

There was my home.

   "I'm a trapped animal, can't you see? I'm trapped here in a land of giggled and bubbles..."

I heard the floorboards creak behind me. I caught Ally tiptoeing towards the door. "Sweetie don't do that." I warned her, my back still turned to the room's entirety. My fingers played with the hem of my shirt, folding and unfolding it anxiously.

   "Ratting me out to my parents was such a low blow. I may never get to see Harry again... they'll try their hardest to make sure of it." I spoke grimly, my face void of all visible emotions. The scariest thing a person can do is hide their true feelings. You'll never know if they're happy to see you or planning your demise.

A sudden knock on our door caused my head to whip around. Mommy dearest is here.

I took a deep breath, and acted as if nothing had happened. When I opened the door, my mother did not hesitate to invite herself in. "Erina." She growled sternly. "You're lucky to have a friend like Ally. She told us where you were when you didn't. I can't believe you went to the Isle!" She cried, running her hands through her ageless locks. "Your father and I were terrified. However, we understand why you did it. It doesn't help me to sleep at night knowing you went with Jay, but you made it home in one piece, and that's what matters."

Princess Ariel — as I may begin to call her — looked over my shoulder towards Ally, who stood as far away from me as possible. Her hand was clasped to her chest as if slowing her heart.

My mom, being as clever as she is, realized what was going on. "The Isle changed you. I can see it in your eyes, Erina. Those beautiful eyes are polluted. The horrific things you saw in the Isle must have brainwashed you-" I could see the hurt and betrayal in her own eyes. I hated to see her upset but what's done is done.

"Please leave." I whispered. "I am not having this conversation right now.. It's 1 am and I've had a long day. Please just.. give me space to figure this out. I know the Isle changes people, but it hasn't changed me. It helped me to realize who I really am inside." I sniffed, looking between Ally and my mom.

"I'm evil." My eyes were glued to the floor, analyzing every imperfection in our handwoven rug.

She nearly fainted. She clutched the her chest with both hands. "Please tell me this is just a joke or even a phase. You don't mean that, no way. One day on the Isle couldn't have impacted you so greatly." She was searching for an explanation to my behavior. "Perhaps you're just exhausted, and need some sleep in order to think clearly."

I shook my head. "I've always been different. You know that better than anybody. But I belong on the Isle." I pleaded.

Must I keep repeating myself until the sun rises?

She made herself comfortable on the foot end of my bed, running her hands over my sheets. I deadpanned over to Ally, who had returned to her bed. She looked me dead in the eyes, and was null of both remorse and regret.

"Erina fell in love." Ally blurted, only to be distracted by yet another text message.

I watched as my mom stood up slowly as I waited in front of her. "Who?" Her throat strained to produce words. "Who has stolen the heart of my only daughter?" She reached out to caress my cheek. "Your father will hunt him down-"

   "As if dad could take on Harry Hook." I raised an eyebrow, standing up for Harry in his absence. She removed her hand from my face in anguish.

     "The son of Captain Hook?" She asked faintly, as if it were prohibited to say his name aloud.

     With a grin, I nodded. "You wouldn't understand. It happened so fast. I can assure you that it's true love." I took a short step closer, now standing within inches of her face. "I mean, my own parents — of all people — know what it's like to fall in love this fast, right? Or to fall in love with someone from 'the other side'. For crying out loud, dad married a fish." She could feel the heat of my words upon her lips. I couldn't help the menacing undertones of my voice, however, it worked in my favor. I glared up at my royal pain of a mother, and her eyes widened.

The corner of my lip twitched into a grin.

She was lost for words, as was Ally. Princess Ariel's lips were parted as she searched for the right thing to say. She simply couldn't put a sentence together that would get through to me, so she took a different approach.

   "Don't bring Eric into this," the fiery red head warned on her way towards the door. "You've been burdened with the Pirate's Curse. Pirates always find the good girls and make them bad. Those girls never return to their roots, and they lose everything they ever loved. Goodnight Erina. For your sake, I hope you can find the inner strength to move on." She glanced over to Ally, then back to me. "You'll never see that boy, or the Isle ever again. It's what's best for you." She warned, before shutting the door behind her.

"That could have been a lot worse." Ally shrugged.

   "You don't get to say that to me. You know," I scoffed, "It's funny how everyone thinks they know what's best for me. Ally..." I closed my eyes, then crawled back into bed.

"Mhmm?"

   "I didn't mean to scare you. I was upset. I might strain the relationship I have with my family, but the one person I can't lose from Auradon is you... even if you told all of Auradon about what happened. I can't forgive you for that. But if I'm going to get what I want, which is to go back to the Isle, I can't do it alone. I don't want to." I didn't know how Ally would respond to me wanting to return. After today's events, I wouldn't have been surprised if she texted my mom right back.

"I will.. help you find a way back to the Isle. But you should stay in Auradon for a while. Cotillion is the day after tomorrow, and you and I still need dresses."

I groaned, rolling onto my side to face her. "That sounds gross. I don't do dances." I couldn't think of anything worse than formal dances created with the intention of celebrating people you don't care about.

"I think you should come. I'll have Evie make you her most wicked dress yet. Since, y'know, you're 'evil' now." She teased.

"Okay goodnight." I yawned, feeling my bed engulf my tired body. We turned off our lamps, and nestled into our cozy little beds.

It feels really nice to sleep in a bed again. I wonder how many people on the Isle have beds...

   "Night, future Mrs. Hook." Ally teased, deciding to accept my love for Harry due to reasons unknown.

"Oh please." I giggled, and we both fell asleep and woke up to a very busy couple of days.

_________________________________
This was a filler chapter! Sorry there wasn't any Harry Hook ! xx

{ edited }
- please leave a vote!

[old] YO WHAT'S GOOD THIS FIC HAS 5k READS!!!!

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.4M 50.2K 166
"...I've always wanted a strange teenager to show up at my doorstep, half dead. I - what's your name again, kid?" "Adelaide," she answered, feeling a...
44.9K 817 23
"it's like she's so... effortlessly beautiful" minho spoke, not even thinking about the words that were spilling out of his mouth. "i can't explain i...
674K 10.6K 62
The Bitches Series Book 1 Meet Ricardo Thaddeus Traviel - the super yaman, the super organized, the super lazy and the super galit lagi sa mundo. ...
42.5K 678 49
Subject A14: The healer, also known as Grace arrives in the Glade with no memories of who or where she is. What she does know, is that she is the onl...