Fighting (Sequel to Fate)

By EverlarkFire

Katniss is now in District 13 and fighting. For Peeta. For their unborn child. For Panem. But can she bring P... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
A.N.
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A.N.
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
A.N.
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
A.N.
It's up!!
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 10

2.8K 65 43
By EverlarkFire

Katniss P.O.V.

"What's wrong?" Peeta asks me when he sees the aggravated look on my face. "You were only gone for a few minutes. I thought only Haymitch could make you that mad in such a short amount of time."

I laugh a little and sit down on the edge of his bed. 

"I had to meet with President Coin," I tell him. "She wants to start filming right away. Has a camera crew ready for me and everything."

Peeta gives me a sympathetic look. I told Peeta about mine and Coin's agreement. He could tell I didn't like it, but I assured him I'm okay with it as long as it got him back to me.

"When do they want you to start?"

"Tomorrow," I say. 

Peeta reaches over and grabs my hand. "I want to be there for you." I start to protest, but Peeta interrupts me.

"Let me rephrase that," he says. "I'm going to be there for you."

"Peeta…"

"I'll be fine to just sit there and watch you, Katniss."

I sigh. "I'd feel a lot better if you'd just stay here, but I have to say that it will help with you being there."

Peeta smiles at me and brings my hand up to his lips. "I love you."

I smile back at him and nod my head. "I love you too."

"It still surprises me to hear you say that," Peeta says. 

I give him a look. "What do you mean?"

"The first time you've said that to me was four days ago when I woke up," Peeta tells me.

I stare at him for a moment. What do I tell him? What do I say to that?

"Peeta," I say slowly. "I've told you plenty of times before then that I love you."

"You have?" Peeta asks me as if he don't believe me. "When?"

"The night after Snow announced the Quarter Quell was being postponed," I tell him. "That was the first time I told you. You proposed to me just a few minutes later." Peeta slightly shakes his head, and I can tell he's trying to recall this. 

"Katniss," Peeta says in a slightly guilty tone. "I… um…" He stops and clears his throat. "I'm so sorry. I don't… I don't remember."

"That's okay," I tell him quickly. "You've been through a lot. Mom said this is normal. You'll be back to yourself in no time."

Peeta nods, but still seems so unsure.

"Is there something you need to talk to me about?" I ask Peeta. He takes a deep breath and shakes his head. 

"I'm fine," Peeta says as he gives me an unconvincing smile. "Why don't you go eat something and lay down for a while? I know you're worried about me, but there's no reason to be. You have to take care of yourself and the baby."

I shake my head. "I'm not leaving your side. And besides, I've already ate."

"Seven hours ago," Peeta says. 

"I'm alright. I'll eat when I'm hungry," I tell him. My stomach growls about that time, and I roll my eyes. "Are you kidding me?" I mumble. 

Peeta chuckles and shakes his head at me. "Go eat."

"Fine," I sigh. "I'll go get me some food, but I'm eating in here."

"As long as you eat."

"Speak for yourself," I say. "You need to eat too."

"I'm eating. You can ask the nurses if you think I'm lying."

I smile at Peeta and lean over to kiss his cheek. "I'll take your word for it." 

I start to stand up, and Peeta places his hand on my back to help support me. I turn to face him and smile again.

"Thank you," I tell him. 

"You're welcome, Katniss," Peeta says as he leans back and relaxes against the bed. "Now go feed our baby."

I laugh a little and walk out of the room. I absolutely love it when he says 'our baby.' Especially now. Even though Peeta's still confused about some things, I can tell he still loves the baby very much. It's comforting to know that Snow couldn't take that away from Peeta. 

"Katniss, where are you going?" I turn to see Mom walking towards me.

"I'm going to go get something to eat," I say. "Peeta's orders."

Mom smiles at me. "I forgot to tell you," she says. "I didn't see any brain damage on Peeta's tests the other day."

"Thats good news, right?" I ask her hopefully.

"Well," Mom sighs, "it is, but if he just had mild amnesia, he should have been over it by now."

My heart drops. "So what do you think it is?"

"I'm not sure yet," Mom tells me. "But don't worry yet, Katniss. We'll figure it out."

"Okay," I say as I nod my head.

"For now, Peeta needs to try getting his strength back. Maybe after you get done eating, Peea can try to walk around a little bit."

"Alright," I say.

"Now go eat," Mom says.

I laugh and nod my head. "Okay," I say before I walk off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No, Katniss," Peeta says as I try to get him to lean over on me. "I don't want to hurt you."

"You're not going to hurt me, Peeta," I tell him. "I can tell you're feeling weak. Just let me help you long enough to get you back over to the bed."

"Fine," Peeta says. He wraps an arm around my waist and leans into me a little bit. We get almost over to Peeta's bed before his legs give out. He falls to the ground, accidentally pulling me down with him.

"Oh my gosh! Katniss, are you okay? Are you alright?" Peeta asks me frantically as his hands go to my stomach. 

"I'm fine, Peeta," I tell him calmly. "I didn't hit the floor that hard. How about you? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I think so," Peeta says as he nods his head. "My legs just got really weak on me."

I stand up and hold my hand out to help Peeta up, but he shakes his head at me. "Aboslutely not."

"Peeta, come on."

"No. I've got it," Peeta says as he puts his hands flat on the floor and tries to push himself up. Peeta's arms start shaking, and he falls back to the floor.

"At least let me go get my Mom to help you," I say.

"No. I don't need help," Peeta tells me. "I've got it." After a few tries, I can tell Peeta's getting aggravated. 

"Peeta, please calm down," I tell him softly. "You're making yourself upset for no reason, and you're tiring yourself out."

"I don't need help to get up off the floor, Katniss," Peeta tells me angrily. I know he's not mad at me, but I still back up a little. 

"I'm sorry," Peeta says as he looks down at the floor, looking a little defeated.

"It's okay," I tell him truthfully. "But please don't get so mad. I know it's aggravating, but it's not your fault, Peeta."

"I know," he says. "That's what makes this so unfair. There's absolutely no reason for this to be happening."

At this point, there's tears in Peeta's eyes. I bend down beside of him and gently lay a hand on his shoulder.

"You've got to fight through this," I tell Peeta. "I know it might not be easy," I stop for a moment and lay my hand in his, "but I'm right here by your side the entire way."

Peeta puts his free hand behind my head and pushes my lips down to meet his.

"Thank you," he says softly.

I nod my head. "Now let's get you up off the floor."

Peeta chuckles and reluctantly takes my hands. 

"Don't try to pull me up," he says. "Just help me keep my balance." I nod my head and do as he tells me to. Once Peeta is standing, he looks at me and smiles.

"Now to see if I can make it back over to the bed without falling again," Peeta says. We walk slowly, but eventually make it. Peeta lays back down on the bed, and I sit down on the edge again. Peeta reaches over and takes my hand in his. I look over at him and smile.

"I think we make a pretty good team," Peeta tells me.

"The best," I reply.

"Katniss?" Peeta says quietly after a few moments of neither of us saying a word.

"Yeah?"

"You're going to think I'm an idiot for asking this, but we are married, aren't we?"

I smile at him and nod my head. "Yes, we are," I tell him. 

"I thought so," Peeta says. "I was just afraid to ask, and…"

"Never be afraid to ask me about anything, Peeta," I tell him. "This is a step in the right direction. If you're unsure, just ask me. Promise me, Peeta, that you won't let fear get in the way of you getting better."

"I promise, Katniss," Peeta tells me as he gently squeezes my hand. 

I look up at Peeta, and hope fills me. I can tell by the look on Peeta's face that he'll fight to get better. Snow hasn't taken Peeta away from me completely. Snow hasn't won yet. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay so I'm dealing with a lot right now so if it's okay, I want to ask you all who are reading this a random, sort of personal question.

Do any of you suffer or have suffered from Social Anxiety? I feel like I'm completely losing my mind. I used to have panic attacks in large crowds or small groups where I felt like the attention could be more easily put on me. But now I'll be sitting at home by myself and randomly start having an attack for no reason at all. I've visited the doctor, but he wants me to go to a therapist and my parents won't let me go. It's affecting my sleep, and I'm sick all the time, along with tons of other affects.

With that being said, writing is literally the only thing keeping me from going insane. Your comments and votes are literally the best. Thank you so much!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 241 23
Amity Tides may have survived the 70th Hunger Games but will she survive the life of a victor? - A Finnick Odair x OC love story [This is a MATURE bo...
27K 1.1K 24
Katniss Everdeen and her family own the Everdeen Family Bakery in District 12. She loves her brothers and father but hates her abusive mother. Peeta...
155K 2.6K 25
What if Katniss actually did love Peeta and got pregnant...... Takes place when Katniss blows out the arena and is in the hovercraft (COMPLETED) All...
Sparks Fly By (:

Fanfiction

26K 344 39
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games, but nothing is as she wishes. Katniss' relationship with Peeta is strained, and rum...