Black Rose

Autorstwa KateeSmurfette

Rose Kidman is what people refer to as nice, naive, too kind, too trusting and basically a doormat, but she f... Więcej

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Author's Note
Chapter 22

Chapter 13

4.5K 237 47
Autorstwa KateeSmurfette

"Mummy, when is daddy coming?"

I looked down at him and he was giving me the same puppy dog eyes that he'd been giving me for the past week and a half. As had become the norm, I didn't know what to say to him. I didn't have an answer for him.

"You do realize that you need to leave at some point right? I'm surprised he hasn't stalked you yet," Phyllis commented before sipping her tea.

"He's too busy with his lover," I mumbled bitterly.

She sighed. "I don't think that they're lovers. Based on what you told me, he wants to be with you."

"Which explains why he kissed her back and has been out with her every night since right?" I shot back.

"Ok, so his actions don't exactly defend his cause, but you can't hide forever. As it is, you haven't been to school in almost a month. I'm surprised Gail hasn't fired you yet," she said.

"Technically I have been working. I just worked out a different arrangement with her until I'm ready to come out of hiding," I argued.

"I'm just glad you're not denying the fact that you're hiding," she said amusedly.

A week and a half ago, I watched as the man who claimed to love me kissed another woman. He was momentarily dazed, but he undoubtedly kissed her back. When she pulled away, gushing about how much she'd missed him, he only stood there frozen, not saying anything.

It hurt me deeply to see him not do anything about the situation, so I got into the car where Fabio was already waiting. It was as though he knew what was about to happen when he gave Olivier the heads up, and he knew I would want to get as far away from the situation as I could.

Except Ethan followed me.

He got into the car with me and when he reached out to wipe away my fallen tear, I broke down as Fabio drove away. I eventually managed to ask Fabio to bring me to Phyllis' house, and again, Ethan wouldn't leave.

Olivier eventually called and texted me, trying to explain, but I just wasn't ready to listen. Just as I was about to give him the opportunity, I was bombarded by article after article of all the different places he'd been spotted with his friend.

The most painful part was reading about myself. Our pictures from Denver had made it into media, and him being spotted with this friend, has people wondering if I was just a fling. It didn't make things any better that every time they asked him about me, he told them 'no comment'.

He couldn't even defend our relationship in public.

I'd even avoided Grace's text and calls. Fabio hadn't shared my location with either Olivier or Grace, and he told me that he told Olivier that Ethan was safe with me and refused to leave my side. I don't know how Olivier feels about that though, especially since he waited for so long to finally have Ethan as his son.

Only for me to take him away.

Ethan and I have formed a strong bond since. He's been at my side the whole time. We've been staying at Phyllis' house since Nina was away at camp, and her husband was away on business, leaving her home alone.

She was shocked when I told her about Ethan, and I guess my emotions overwhelmed me because I opened up about everything else. She believes that I should still give Olivier a chance to explain himself, but I don't even know if I'll be able to look him in the eye.

"Mummy," Ethan whined beside me.

"What is it baby?" I asked him.

"I want to see daddy," he pouted.

"I don't know where he is," I lied.

Well it wasn't entirely a lie.

"Can't you call him?" he asked.

"I guess we can try," I said.

There was no way that I was going to be speaking though.

Instead, I called Olivier's number and gave Ethan the phone. "It's not mummy."

"You are so wrong for this," Phyllis said lowly beside me.

"I'm not talking to him," I defended.

"She's here with me and Aunt Phyllis," Ethan said into the phone. I smacked my forehead so hard, Phyllis laughed out loud.

"When are you coming to fetch us?" Ethan asked.

There was silence for a while and I was curious about what Olivier was saying to him. "Ok."

He hung up the phone before handing it back to me. "Daddy says he's coming."

"Right now?" I squeaked.

He nodded excitedly. "He said I must tell you that if you run, this time he will come for you."

Phyllis shook her head, laughing as she headed to the kitchen. "The two of you are something else."

"Do you think he's mad? He sounds mad," I panicked.

"I doubt he's mad. He's probably more anxious than anything. However, I wouldn't test him. He's given you more than enough time to mope and ignore him. I highly doubt he's going to let you run, and Ethan isn't getting you out of this one either," she didn't fail to add.

"I'm not ready," I said, a little breathless.

"Ok, calm down would you? The man told you he's in love with you. This is your first big hurdle. Stop being such a wimp. Put your big girl panties on and handle it," she scolded.

"We have to leave Phyllis. We have to leave before he gets here," I pleaded.

"Did you not hear what he told Ethan? He will come looking for you," she stressed.

"Can I at least buy myself some time to gather my wits? I'm feeling a little overwhelmed here," I confessed.

"You're scared of nothing, but fine. I'll drive you guys to your apartment," she offered.

I'd been wearing her clothes while we were here, and she'd gone out to buy Ethan clothes. We gathered the clothes that she'd bought him and put them in a bag before heading out to my apartment.

Ethan was his usual talkative self, excited to once again be outside. I was feeling super nervous for whatever reason. I wasn't even sure why, but I had a feeling it had a lot to do with being afraid of whatever Olivier might tell me.

I wasn't ready to have my heart broken to my face.

We arrived minutes later and Phyllis parked in the guest parking area. We headed out, and Ethan was eager to see yet another new place, except the last thing I expected to find when I opened my apartment door was all my stuff gone.

And Olivier standing in the middle of the empty lounge like he predicted this would happen.

He was dressed in a pair of jeans, a t-shirt that clung deliciously to him and a pair of sneakers. His arms were crossed which only served to accentuate their brawniness. I had to bite my lip at the sudden rush of dirty thoughts that flashed through my mind.

"I can't say I didn't see this coming. It's been a long time Oli," Phyllis said amusedly, while Ethan ran to hug his legs.

"Thanks for taking care of them," he told her, squatting to hug Ethan back. I was instantly hypnotized by his voice.

It had been torture not hearing it, even if the torture was self inflicted.

"Any time. I take it Grace and Fabio are somewhere around here," she commented.

"They're downstairs in the car. Fabio parked a few blocks down," he informed.

"And Valerie?" she questioned.

That snapped me out of my ogling. "Wait! You know who she is?"

Instead she ignored me. "Hey Ethan buddy. How about we go and get some ice cream and let mommy and daddy talk?"

"Ok!" Ethan said before heading over to her.

"Listen and handle it," she told me before she walked out with Ethan.

My lounge had always felt small, but with the tension that filled the room and this big man, it felt even smaller. I was looking everywhere but at him, and I could feel his eyes on me. When I heard him move, I moved back too.

Until alas, my back hit the wall, forcing me to look up at him as he boxed me in.

I was caged in, surrounded only by his signature smell as his orbs stared directly into my own, taking me apart. He wasn't saying anything, and my heart threatened to lodge itself in my throat. His eyes narrowed, and I strangely clenched at the heated look.

Before I knew it, his lips were on mine, my legs around his waist.

I moaned into his mouth when he pinched my hip, his hand travelling under the tank top I was wearing. It was cold, but it felt amazing as I pulled him in impossibly closer. I'd missed this, missed being with him like this.

"You're so predictable Miss Kidman," he murmured on my lips before claiming them for yet another searing kiss.

"You knew where we were the whole time, didn't you?" I asked knowingly as he trailed kisses along my neckline.

"There's nowhere you could go that I wouldn't find you," was his brilliant response.

I was lost in him, lost in what he was making me feel. It was exhilarating, and I'd even forgotten about my nervousness at seeing him. We were undoubtedly getting carried away, since our tops were somewhere on the floor.

"Ethan, Grace," I barely managed to say.

"Fabio," was his response before he recaptured my lips.

My back touched the carpet and my mews of pleasure were swallowed by our kisses. The world could've been at war in that moment and I wouldn't have cared. He was the only person, the only thing I was focused on.

And boy did he keep my attention on him.

"I got all your stuff moved to the mansion," he informed me as we both came down from our high, wrapped up in each other.

I lightly bit down on his shoulder as he moved out of me. "I figured from the empty apartment."

"I also bought the building and put it in your name," he added.

"What? Why?" I asked, confused.

"Because the building has potential and I want you to turn the apartments into stylish but affordable apartments," he said.

"I know nothing about that kind of stuff," I reminded.

"You're also a smart woman who'll figure it out," he said before kissing my forehead.

"Who's Valerie?" I blurted.

He sighed and stood up, allowing me the sight of his glorious form. "Valerie is an ex and one of my oldest friends."

"And does she know about me?" I asked.

"She knows that you're my girlfriend and that I'm in love with you if that's what you're asking," he replied.

I wanted to ask if she knew her boundaries, but I refrained.

"Why did she kiss you?" I instead asked.

"She's done that since I got a divorce. We've had a casual on and off relationship, but that was before you and I. I explained everything to her and she understands that I am not hers to have," he responded.

And yet I couldn't help but feel like there's a chance she doesn't know that.

"And who can have you?" I asked.

His back was to me as he put his pants on. "No-one. I'm taken."

"Then doesn't it mean that whoever you belong to can have you?" I asked cheekily as I put on my own pants.

He turned and shot me a raised eyebrow. "Are you really talking about yourself in the third person?"

"I'm the one who you belong to?" I mocked surprise.

"Are you sure you want to test me right now Miss Kidman? I'm quite upset with you as it is," he said.

I smirked. "You certainly weren't mad at me a few minutes ago."

He looked amused. "My reaction to your body is inevitable, especially after not seeing you for as long as I did, but it is in no way connected to how I feel emotionally. I'm pissed off at you, and it doesn't make things any better that my daughter isn't talking to me right now," he informed.

"What? Why?" I asked, all playfulness gone.

"She was upset about how she found out us, and when she figured out that we were in the middle of a fight, things went from 'how could you not tell me something so major?', to full on silent treatment and glaring," he explained.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"You seem to forget that I tried calling you multiple times. Fabio told me that you were ignoring her calls and texts too, so I can't say I know what's in store for you when we get back to the mansion," he said, walking over to hold me now that we were both fully dressed.

"I don't like being in trouble," I whined, making him laugh.

"Well, you brought it onto yourself, so now you must face the music," he said.

"Yeah, yeah," I said.

He tenderly pushed my hair from my face. "Are we ok?"

"I don't know," I said honestly.

He sighed. "Are you at least coming home?"

"That I definitely am," I said, nodding.

"Good," he said before kissing my forehead.

We headed out and he told me that we'd be taking my car there since Fabio probably left with Grace, and Phyllis with Ethan. Since they were nowhere in sight as we drove out, I guess he was right. It was early in the evening on a Sunday, so there wasn't any traffic.

"How are things at work?" I pierced the silence.

"Some things are fine, while some aren't. Castro is proving to be a pain in the ass. He's developed this new habit of poaching my clients as well as any potential business I have my eye on," he replied.

"That's suspicious," I commented.

"It's something he's always done, but not so vigorously," he said.

"Even poaching potential business?" I questioned.

He frowned. "Well not that part."

"That's the part I think is suspicious. How would he know about businesses you were interested in?" I hinted.

"I have a fucking mole in my circle," he said angrily.

I reached out to hold his free hand. "And you're a smart businessman, which is how I know you'll be able to come up with a way to catch the mole without losing out on any more business."

"I was in denial about the possibility of a mole, but I guess it's the only reasonable conclusion. I'll have to set a trap first," he said.

"And they'll feed Castro the wrong information," I caught on.

He nodded. "That will at least be the first step in finding out if I have a mole to begin with, before I tarnish any relationships. It took a long time to get to where I am with the select people that I trust to do business with."

"Don't let it throw you off your game. You've got this," I encouraged.

"Oh, I know I do. Business isn't something I worry much about, or at least not until you came into my life. I worry about you and where we stand more than anything," he informed.

I pulled my hand away from his. "There are things that I need to understand Olivier. There are certain things that you need to open up to me about without me asking, or being blindsided about for that matter. I won't lie to you and say that the kiss with Valerie did not hurt me, because it did. It baffles me even more that you've gone out for dinner with her every night since. It's had me paranoid, especially since you didn't seem to be very forthcoming about defending our relationship or even admitting that it's a thing to begin with."

He pulled the car over, stopping in a very busy street. I was about to ask why, but he was already out of the car, coming over to open the passenger door. He helped me out of the car before pulling me into a passionate kiss.

I was high on him. My back was on the car while my hands were around his neck. He pulled me impossibly closer and I moaned when he captured my bottom lip in his mouth, sucking lightly on it. By the time we pulled away, I was dazed.

"What was that for?" I managed to ask.

"Valerie is my ex, but she also happens to be a good friend. We didn't have a toxic relationship, and neither did it end badly. However, you're the most important woman to me, so I apologize about the kiss and about dining with her. I see now how inappropriate it was, especially considering the fact that you're the one I want to be with. With regards to our relationship- I didn't want to say anything to the press simply because I didn't want to say the wrong thing. I didn't want you to be even more mad at me because I assumed that we were still in a relationship, so I refrained from admitting to one in the first place. My kissing you right now is to confirm the rumours about us. I'll probably have to release a statement as well, but I never want you to feel like I was hiding you, or that I don't think that our relationship isn't worth defending. You're very important to me Rose, and I'm sorry that I made you feel otherwise," he said sincerely.

Oh my heart.

"You sure know how to make a girl feel guilty about ignoring you," I mumbled.

He chuckled before kissing my forehead. "Does this mean we're ok?"

"Are there any more surprises that could come my way?" I asked.

"I don't think so. Daisy is the only person who I still have to tell you about, so nothing else comes to mind. I'm an open book about everything else, so if you need to ask, feel free to do so," he replied.

"Daisy?" I asked in confusion.

"My ex-wife," he informed.

"Oh. Well, I can't think of anything right now, so I guess I'll just have to ask any questions I have later. Right now, we need to go and talk to Grace. It's unsettling to know that she's not talking to you because of me," I admitted.

"She's not talking to me because of us. I'm just as much to blame here," he argued.

"Alright fine Mr Sharing Pants. You can take half of the blame, but we still need to talk to her before things really get out of hand," I pointed out.

"I'm only now realizing that going out with Valerie must've upset her further," he said, scowling.

"Why? Does she not like her?" I asked, shamefully hopeful.

He smirked. "You could sound a little less hopeful about that, but no, she's never been a big fan of her. Valerie avoids being in her presence if it can be helped."

"Tsk, tsk. The women you've kept in your life are worrying Mr Black," I joked.

"Which is why you need to break the spell Miss Kidman," he shot back.

"Such big responsibilities, but alas, you are my damsel and I must save you," I teased.

He laughed. "I missed your nonsensical humour."

"I'm going to pretend you said you missed me, period," I said, making him laugh some more.

After one last kiss, he let me back into the car before we continued our journey home. When we arrived, the house was eerily silent, until I heard a loud cackle coming from the lounge. We arrived to find Grace, Phyllis, Fabio, Ethan and Valerie there. Valerie was the one who was cackling as she spoke French to the person on the other end of her cell phone.

"Rose!" Grace shouted in what I could pinpoint as relief, before running to hug me.

"Hey sweetheart," I said as I hugged her back. I was teary eyed for whatever reason.

"I missed you, but I'm so mad at you," she said once she'd pulled away.

"I know. Your dad told me," I replied.

"How about we head up to the study to talk?" Olivier suggested.

I looked to Phyllis and Fabio. "Go. We've got him."

The three of us sauntered towards Olivier's study and I could still hear Valerie's loud cackling, which secretly irritated me. It's so high pitched and I just can't understand how anyone could live with hearing it. We arrived and Olivier closed the door before silence descended on the room.

"How long has this been going on for?" Grace finally asked.

"Since the weekend you first slept over at Nina's house," I told her honestly.

She narrowed her eyes. "Is it a fling?"

"Would she move in if it was a fling?" her father asked her.

"What? She's moving in?" she asked in a tone I was unsure about.

Olivier nodded. "I had her stuff delivered to the fourth garage yesterday, which is probably why you didn't see them, but yes, she's moving in. Ethan's adopted her as his mommy, and I know that you feel the same, even if you're mad at us right now."

I wasn't about to argue with what he'd said, even though I wanted to. Instead, I watched the little girl in silence as the gears in her head turned. My own thoughts were mulling over her father's words. If she and Ethan had adopted me as their mom, what exactly did that mean for my relationship with their father?

"Are you happy?" she finally asked me.

"Aren't you supposed to be asking your father that?" I countered.

"My father is rough around the edges when it comes to things like love, and I need to know that by taking a chance on him, nothing changed for any of us," she said vulnerably.

"Oh sweetheart, nothing could ever change how I feel about you, or Ethan for that matter. Your father and I are just starting out with this, but he makes me happier than I've ever been my whole life. We have things to figure out and learn about each other, but I never want you to doubt our relationship because above all, you and Ethan are the two people we always keep in mind. We would never want you two to get hurt in any way, and I don't want you to constantly worry about whether our relationship is working or not. You need to trust us ok?" I told her softly.

She nodded. "Do you love him?"

I looked over to him and he looked just as curious as she was. "I do."

"What about Valerie?" she asked, turning to him.

"Like I told Rose, I've made things clear with Valerie, so she knows that I'm not hers to have. I've also been shown the error of my ways in terms of how I handled things with her the past couple of nights, so I will deal with that," he replied.

"So you want to be with Rose right?" she asked.

He nodded. "She's the only woman for me."

"And what about my learning?" she asked me.

"I'm going back to school tomorrow, so learning resumes as normal from tomorrow," I told her.

"Ok, then I'm happy. Please just promise me that you'll try to make this work. I need this to work," she said lowly.

We looked at each other before walking over to hug her. "We promise."

We walked out of the study and went back to the lounge where Ethan had passed out with his head on Phyllis' lap. Fabio and Phyllis were engaged in a quiet conversation, while Valerie typed away on her phone.

What was she doing here again?

"Did you eat?" Olivier asked Grace.

She nodded. "Aunt Phyllis and Fabio already took Ethan and I out to eat, so I'm going up to read and then sleep."

"I should also be heading out," Phyllis said as she stood up.

"Stay," I requested. She looked to Olivier who nodded.

"Well alright. I'll have Grace show me where to put Ethan down," she said as she stood up. She picked Ethan up once she was standing.

"I'm going to confirm that thing for you," Fabio told Olivier, who nodded.

"Goodnight dad, goodnight mom," Grace said cheekily as she hugged us both.

He laughed while I poked her side, making her giggle. "Goodnight princess."

Soon enough, it was just Valerie, Olivier and I left in the room. I don't know whether she was lost in her own little world, or whether she was just being blatantly rude, but she continued to ignore us while she was on the phone. I rolled my eyes and turned to head upstairs, but Olivier stopped me.

"I'm going to bed Olivier," I said blankly.

"I'll handle her, I promise," he said before kissing my forehead.

I was choosing to trust him as I headed up to what I now guess is our room. While my other stuff was in the garage, my clothes had been neatly packed into his closet, and I couldn't help but wonder if the Grinch, I mean if Carol had done it.

I decided that I wanted to take a quick shower before bed. I headed to the bathroom and turned on the water. I stripped down and once it was perfect, I stepped in. I was washing my hair when Olivier stepped in with me, and I was happy about how quickly he'd gotten rid of Valerie.

I was tired and he seemed to understand that much as we only kept it to making out. When we got out, he got dressed in his expensive pyjamas and I in my silk nightdress and matching gown. I suggested that we first check on Ethan before sleeping.

It was after all the little one's first night here.

Olivier led me down the passage until we arrived to a cars and robots themed bedroom. I could only smile as I thought about how excited Ethan would be about his new room. He was sleeping away so peacefully as Olivier wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

"How was your time away with him?" he asked lowly.

I smiled even more. "He's my sweet little angel."

"So you accept him? Accept us?" he asked.

I turned to face him, scowling. "I already told you that I do."

"I was, I was afraid," he whispered.

For the first time since reuniting with him, I saw the vulnerability and fear that he'd probably hidden from me. My heart hurt knowing that I made him doubt me. I'd been selfish in my reaction to the Valerie thing by not thinking about this side of our situation.

His fear that I'll leave him.

Being who he is, handling situations like this is new to him, and it was proven by the fact that I was the one who had to make him realize that going out with his ex while I was mad at him didn't make any kind of sense.

I leaned in and kissed him, and he picked me up and wrapped my legs around him before we headed back to our room. He lay me on the bed and we proceeded to make out. I wanted him to feel my emotions through the kiss.

"I love you Olivier," I whispered as I looked into his eyes, caressing his cheek.

He smiled before kissing me again. "I love you too Rose."

I woke up to a black rose beside me with a note and I grabbed the note to read it:

I have a board meeting at 8, so I had to leave early to prepare. I'll call you once it's over if you have a free period. I love you Miss Kidman.

OMB

I smiled and looked to the clock to find that it was only six, making me wonder what time he actually left the house. I got out of bed and I felt a little woozy. I thought nothing of it as I walked to the bathroom, until it felt like my stomach was churning.

I ran the rest of the way and made it to the basin in time to throw up. It was horrible and my chest was burning. I barely heard Grace calling for me, until she walked into the bathroom and found me still throwing up.

"Mom, are you ok?" she asked, panicked.

"I don't know," I managed to say before throwing up again.

She left the room and I had no time to ask her where she was going, until she returned with Phyllis. Phyllis arranged a cool cloth for me and once I was done throwing up, she put it on my forehead, which I welcomed.

"How do you feel now?" she asked me.

"Better now that I've thrown up," I admitted.

"You don't look entirely sick, so you do know that there's a high chance you're pregnant right?" she pointed out.

"What?" Grace and I shouted.

"It looks like Olivier's going to be a father of three."

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

9.6M 290K 74
Heather Drake is a 22 year old who is hiding from her past and trying to start a new life in California. She is going to be starting with a new caree...
482K 13.9K 70
She is sweet. He is cruel. She wants freedom. He wants her all to his self. ~*~ Roselyn has been a good little girl all her life. Never said the word...
566 25 12
A black woman named Lucy who works as a Barista at a cafe in New York city and enjoys reading novels ends up working for a stuck up ,snobby , Asian...
9.8K 596 35
Romeo Perry is a wealthy Billionaire, he wants for nothing... the world is at his feet and people bow down to him and asnwers his ever beck and call ...