Running Out Of Time

By books_are_my_tardis

More

Adventure Is Out There
Bossatronia
Memories
Home
Unexpected Rescue
Reunited
Boss Battle

The Fall

175 13 22
By books_are_my_tardis

"What the-"

Jack was cut off as another explosion hit the castle. This time, a section of the ceiling caved in, crumbling around them and causing a huge cloud of dust to rise up in the air.

"Well that's not good." The Engineer mumbled under his breath.

"Jack, tell Robin to have the guards bring every citizen they can to the safe house underground!" Jack's dad commanded.

Jack nodded with eyes with wide eyes before dashing off.

"What's going on?!?" A young man with blue hair with matching blue hair yelled as he dashed out of a nearby room.

"Billycons." The king grumbled.

"How can they have regrouped so quickly? We just forced them off of our land yesterday!" The queen exclaimed.

"Because they had help." The Engineer realized.

The next explosion that hit the castle caused everyone to fall to the ground as the room they were standing in started caving in.

"Gaja!" The Engineer exclaimed, quickly jumping to his feet.

Amy felt the Engineer lift her to her feet by the hand and not let go as the two ran out of the throne room with Signe, the blue haired man, the queen, and the king in tow.

"Ethan, where are your parents?" The king asked the blue haired man once they cane to a stop in front of the blocked off doorway.

"I-I don't know." Ethan stammered.

"Robin managed to get everyone in the safe house, he's just waiting for us." Jack panted as he ran back, cape billowing behind him.

"I have to find my parents!" Ethan protested.

"Everyone go ahead, I'll find them." The Engineer instructed.

"I'm not leaving you!" Amy shouted, staying put as everyone else ran ahead.

"Now is really not a good time to argue!" The Engineer huffed in irritation, running into a room that was adjacent to the throne room.

It looked like it was some kind of kitchen, but Amy didn't spend much time studying it.

"EXTERMINATE!"

Amy heard a robotic voice shout A green laser hit the wall above Amy's head, small chunks of rubble raining down on her.

"Oh my god." The Engineer swallowed hard, his face turning pale as he turned around.

A cone shaped robot with a whisk and plunger connected to it was right behind Amy and the Engineer.

"Run!" The Engineer commande, pure panic evident in his tone as the robot fired another green laser, this one barely breezing by his arm.

This time Amy decided not to argue.

She followed the Engineer out the side door of the room that led to outside.

Everything was in chaos.

Buildings were reduced to piles of debris, the suns blocked out of view by a large UFO shaped ship.

"What are they?!?" Amy yelled as she watched one of the robots shoot at a home, causing it to crumble to the ground.

"Daleks." The Engineer whispered, his voice barely audible over the robots.

"Engineer!" The king came running into view. His crown was missing and his robes were torn in various places, a large scrape running from his forehead to his jaw.

"The safe house is down, the Daleks...they bombed it, it's completely devastated." The king stated, his expression grim.

"Where's everyone else?" The Engineer looked around in case the were close by.

"I don't know, we were on our way to the safe house when...." the king trailed off, his face lined with worry that revealed how old he really was.

"Dad!"

Jack was encircled by a ring of Daleks, as well as Ethan, Robin, the queen, and Signe.

"EXTERTIMATE ALL BOSSATRONS!" One Dalek declared, making Amy's blood run cold.

They were going to destroy an entire population.

"Hey talking trash cans!" The Engineer shouted at the Daleks to gain their attention.

His plan worked.

All Daleks turned to face towards them, thousands of blue eyes watching him.

"SUBJECT: TIMELORD. NAME: UNKNOWN. AGE: UNKNOWN." A Dalek listed off.

"My name is the Engineer, and I'm going to fix this planet." The Engineer smirked, watching Ethan, Signe, and the Queen sneak around the Daleks towards them.

"EXTERMINATE!" The Daleks screeched, all of them ready to open fire on the Engineer.

"Wait!"

A kid wearing a bright yellow t-shirt and neon green shorts with short brown hair and matching brown eyes stepped in between them.

"I want to take care of them myself." The kid grinned wickedly.

"Screw you Billy!" Jack snapped at him.

"Glad to see you haven't changed Jack." Billy laughed in response.

Billy strode up to Jack, twirling a short knife in between his fingers before he cut Jack's arm.

"Ow, fuck off!" Jack snarled, clutching his wound protectively. Billy ignored him and collected a sample of his blood in a tube he had in his pocket.

"I told you we Billycons don't stay down for long." Billy smirked before driving the knife through the queen's stomach.

Her eyes widened in a combination of shock and pain as she fell to her knees, the king catching her before she hit the ground completely.

"I'm bored, execute the rest of them for me." Billy waved dismissively towards the others.

"EXTERMINATE!" The Daleks cried before firing green lasers at them. The king got hit in the chest before he could react while The Engineer dragged Amy and Signe out of the way while Robin followed, taking Ethan and Jack with him.

"To the TARDIS!" The Engineer declared, racing toward where he left in in the middle of one of the streets.

"I can't leave my parents!"

Jack and Ethan argued in unison.

"God I'm so sorry." The Engineer apologized before knocking their heads together hard enough to knock them out before scooping Ethan up in his arms bridal style.

"Someone take Jack." The Engineer gestured at him with his head before running towards the TARDIS.

Robin scooped him up before he and the others followed the Engineer.

By the time they arrived, The Engineer had draped Ethan on the small black love seat and was typing in coordinates so they could leave.

"I have to erase their memories and take them somewhere safe." He whispered.

"Why?" Robin frowned.

"They're not safe with Daleks looking for them." The Engineer shook his head as he waved his sonic screwdriver over Jack and Ethan's faces.

"I gave them different memories of a family on Earth and a YouTube career, so that's where I'll take them." The Engineer decided.

"Why YouTube?" Signe asked.

"That's what I do in my free time." Mark shrugged.

"What about me?" Robin broke in.

"I need you to watch over Jack." The Engineer instructed. Robin nodded solemnly in response, watching Jack's chest rise and fall with each breath he took.

"And Ethan?" Amy interjected.

"I'll take care of him." The Engineer promised.

"What happens if either of them remember any of this?" Signe chimed in.

"I don't know." The Engineer admitted as the TARDIS took off with a noise that sounded like a mix of a wheeze and a groan.

The Engineer brought Ethan to LA close to where he stayed on Earth when he wasn't traveling and brought Jack to Ireland since it was somewhat similar to us old home.

Signe went back home to Denmark while Robin went to Sweden wearing the new clothes the Engineer gave him and leaving his uniform behind.

Then it was just Amy and the Engineer.

"Do you want to go home?" The Engineer asked gently.

"After all that? No chance." Amy smiled, her smile tinged with sadness as the Engineer chose a new destination for them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 135 13
Third book in the Test The Limits Series, I'd suggest reading the other two first!
136K 3.8K 41
[ANTISEPTICEYE X F!READER]