Knowing the Marauders

By silentbynature

Bex Dumbledore, the girl with power and many secrets returns for her sixth year at Hogwarts. But after things... More

Knowing the Marauders
Birthday Surprises
Talk To Me
In Charge Of A Magic School
Telling The Muggle Borns
The Start Of Term
It's All Up To The Students
I Hate You Sirius Black
Those Eyes
Sacrifices Must Be Made
Ravenclaw's Power
Amortentia
The Truth Hurts
Finding Family
The Angry Red-Head
They Know
Lily's Grudge
Blood Isn't Everything
Dramatic Train Rides
Teaching Trixie A Lesson
Time With Tom
Bickering Over Rosier
Shopping Adventures
Sirius' Secret
Sparks Fly
The Wrath of Mrs. Potter
Sleepy Surprises
Christmas Exhaustion
Crazy Mornings
New Girl
The Late Practice
Bex Day
The Hospital Wing and Sudden Sicknesses
Late Night Visits
Miss. Popular
Attack Of The Bludgers
Love Confessions
Kidnapping Severus
Late Night Detention
The Bex Games
Apologies and Threats
Saving Lives
Speeches and Sandwiches
Fire Erupts and Sirius Worries
Regulus' Wish
Death Trap
The Dance
Once More
Rambling
The Speech
Potions With Peeves
The Power Of Bex
The Art Of Being Good
How They See It
Speaking Of James
Stupid And Sweet
Unlucky Spoon
Boggart Bonding
The After Math
Welcome
Betrayal
Mistrust
Re-Sort
Ozzy's Tricks
More Dramatic Rides
The Next Book!

Habits

20K 1.4K 294
By silentbynature

Chapter 46: Habits

-Bex p.o.v.-

I gasped.

No. I thought.

No this could not be happening. This had to be some sick joke.

I pushed the clothing aside, searching frantically through my wardrobe. I glared darkly, recalling a conversation, "I am so going to kill you, Regulus."

I glanced down at my clothing. I was in the dress I had worn last night, only rumpled from sleeping in it. I had been too lazy to change out of it. Now I regretted it. My pajamas would have been so much better than any of the monstrosities in my closet.

I groaned, slipping out of the dress and pulling on a new one. It was the blue dress Mrs. Evans had given me for Christmas over a year ago. And it was by far the best dress out of all of the others.

I stalked out of the empty dorm room. I felt people stare after me as I passed through the common room, but I ignored all of the stragglers, heading to the great hall. I pushed the doors open, glaring at one boy in particular.

He looked up, sensing my eyes on him, smirking at my attire.

"I am going to kill you." I growled.

"I love your dress, you look hot. I told you that you should start wearing dresses more often." He chuckled, "but what's the problem?"

"The problem," I stalked towards him, claiming the attention of the entire room. "Is that you changed all of my clothing into dresses! I don't have one pair of jeans, all I have is dresses!"

Someone catcalled, breaking the harsh silence.

"Looking good, Dumbledore!" A male voice called out.

"Great job, Black! Appreciate the show you got for us!" Someone else called out to Reggie.

I scoffed, turning swiftly on my uncovered heel, I left the room. I stormed out of the castle, leaving through the front door. My bare feet became dirty almost immediately.

"Gorgeous!" He jogged after me.

"What?" I grunted, glaring at the ground. "Are you here to whistle at me, tell me I look hot, say I'm giving you a good show?" I looked up at him harshly, my glare cutting through the chilly air.

He hesitated, "I actually followed you to make sure you didn't get cold. It's a bit cold out today."

I rolled my eyes, "I don't get cold, remember," I snapped my finger, creating a small flame, snapping it again to put it out.

"Oh, right." He rubbed at the back of his neck. "Sorry."

"You weren't the one acting like that." I muttered, kicking out at a stone as we walked.

"Those guys were being pigs. Would you like me to hex them for you? I'd be happy to." He inquired with a raised eyebrow, smirking.

I giggled, shaking my head, "no. Thanks anyways."

He shrugged it off.

"Why are you still walking with me? Aren't you bored of me by now?" I questioned, looking up at him curiously. He had accomplished what he was here to do, why was he still around?

"I never get bored of you, Gorgeous. I could talk to you for hours. Hell," he chuckled a little. "I could just stare at you for hours and not be bored."

I quirked an eyebrow in interest. "How? Wouldn't you get tired of watching me for so long, it's not like I'm anything special."

He thought it over before speaking carefully, "you do things."

"What kind of things?"

He shrugged, "you know, like you bite your lip when you think or something."

"Oh, please continue." I looked up at him in amusement.

He sighed, grabbing my hand. He pulled at my hand a little as a signal to follow him. He led me over to a log and pulled me down to sit next to him.

I felt strange from holding his hand. It felt all weird on the inside. It was that feeling I hadn't felt in a long time, the one that came with being around Sirius.

I looked down, noticing our fingers were still locked together. Sirius looked down as well. He jerked his hand from mine, rubbing his neck and looking the opposite direction of me. I giggled slightly, watching him.

He frowned in concentration, thinking over what to say. "When you do school work, you lean over the table and your hair falls in your eyes. You flip it over your shoulder, and sometimes if your bangs fall forward, you flick your head a little and they move back into place." A small smile played at his lips, "when you read something that doesn't make sense, you narrow your eyes at it, questioning it mentally. If someone says something you don't like, you crinkle your nose up."

I looked at him curiously.

He pointed at me slightly, "when you look at someone or something questioningly you always tilt your head to the side, it makes you look like a curious little puppy."

I giggled softly, smiling at him.

"You giggle at things, rarely laughing. I'm not sure why, but you never fully laugh, it's always chuckles or giggles." He inquired, raising an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes at him. About to speak, but he continued.

"You roll your eyes constantly, I doubt you've gone through an entire day without rolling them."

"How do you know so much?" I asked him curiously.

"Like I said, I could watch you for hours and not be bored." He rubbed his neck again.

"Well, you want to know what I've noticed about you?" I asked.

He looked up from the ground quickly, his eyebrows shooting towards his hair line.

"I've noticed that you sit all stretched out when you're not worried. You relax and just slouch, you know? Like you just go with the flow. But when you're nervous, or worried, or anything like that, you sit up as straight as possible, all rigid." I paused, thinking of something else. "You always have your hair in a perfectly messy hairstyle. If a piece falls forward or out of place you run your hand through your hair, ruffling the hair a little bit and putting it all back into place."

He rubbed at his neck again.

"And you always run the back of your neck. Sometimes it's because you're nervous and sometimes you just do it." I pointed out.

He chuckled, "alright, so you know my habits as well. Seems like we're even. Ready to head back in?"

I nodded, standing next to him. We started the slow trek back up to the castle. Halfway there, we were met with Severus and Regulus, they were walking down the hill with James and Remus.

I looked at them in confusion and curiosity. I noticed Sirius smiling down at me, which I found out was because I had subconsciously tilted my head to the side, just as he had said.

"There you two are." James called out.

"We were beginning to worry." Severus spoke to me, smiling.

Regulus smirked, "I've got you you're regular clothes, if you'd like to change," he chuckled, pulling one of my regular school outfits from his bag.

I rolled my eyes at him, grabbing the clothing from his hands. "Loser. I'm so getting you back for that later."

He laughed, grinning down at me, "we'll see about that."

"Oh we will." I pushed his arm, smirking. "That's a promise. And I never break a promise."

The boys were still being civil towards each other. They had learned that, for me, they could be nice or not speak. Generally they didn't speak to each other, just sat in the presence of one another, but never spoke. Though on occasion, they would speak. It got awkward at first, but they would calm down and have a normal conversation eventually. Usually having to do with me, they didn't really have much of anything else in common with one another.

-----------------------------------

Can I get over thirty votes on this chapter?!?! If I do, that means I'll have over ONE THOUSAND votes for this story, and it's not finished yet! Please please please vote! I hope you all like it and vote!

Comment, VOTE, share, fan, and follow please! Thank you so much! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 2.2K 110
Juliette Potter is finally at Hogwarts with her favourite person in the world, her brother! They have been together since the start of the time and n...
1K 5 39
An OC joins Hogwarts during the Maraurders Fifth year! What happens when she finds out their secrets? Does she tell or will she help? Allison didn't...
21.1K 648 37
*** A girl with a scarred brain who wanted nothing more than her brothers to be safe. A boy with scarred skin who wanted nothing more than the girl t...
269K 7.1K 28
*This book was written years ago when I was young and inexperienced. It will be really cringey at times so read at your own risk. I DO NOT support JK...