Our Life Together | Consumed

By JJGrim

A story about Star battling her feelings and internal suffering. What happens when Things change? What happen... More

Table of Contents|Release Dates
Chapter One - Evolving Emotions
Chapter Two - True Colors
Chapter 3 - Times are Tough
Chapter 4 - Change the future
Chapter 5 - Forget the Past
Chapter 6 - Gaining Control
Chapter 7 - Shooting Star
Chapter 8 - I Think I love You...
Chapter 9 - Life Goes On
Chapter 10 - Trust your Heart
Chapter 11 - Recovery
Chapter 12 - Unraveling History
Chapter 13 - Happy Birthday
Chapter 14 - Total Eclipse
Chapter 15 - Chasing Butterflies
Chapter 16 - Without the One you Love
Chapter 17 - Resurrection
Chapter 18 - A Shoulder to Lean on
Chapter 19 - Moving On
Epilogue : Final Note
Wow...
Quick Update!
Sequel Update : Release

Chapter 20 - Try to Forget

71 4 6
By JJGrim

This is it! The conclusion to a 20 week long project! Enjoy!

Marco's PoV

I awake the next morning missing Star. I'm worried and Scared, and I don't have any way to check on her because she took my scissors. I listen to what Tom said though, and I let her have some time to herself. I go downstairs and eat some breakfast. It's weird, eating in my own home again. My mom and dad still asleep, not even knowing I'm here yet. I walk out of the kitchen with my bowl of cereal, and sit on the couch. It's not the same anymore though. Not without her. I look at all the movies we watched together and it only sharpens the pain I feel. My thoughts are interrupted by a ring at the doorbell.

I'm thinking to myself, who is up so early in the morning? It like... Seven in the mornings. Either way, I answer the door. "Jackie? What are you doing here?" I ask. "I just... Wanted to talk." She says. "Sure, come in... Sit." I really didn't want to talk to anyone right now, including Jackie, but I didn't want to be rude. "So?" I say, hoping she'll give some sort of explanation of why she's here. "Marco, you already know I care about you, and I don't want to come off as annoying or anything, but I want a second chance... At us..." My mind is blown. Was that really something she had to say at seven in the morning?! "Look Jackie... I wish I could tell you that I still have feelings for you, but the truth is, I'm just not 100% sure how I feel. Whenever I'm with Star, I feel like I love her... Whenever you're around, I have these... Feelings... I don't quite understand." I didn't know what to say, other than the truth. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about me and Jackie continuing to date. In fact, even when me and Star were together, I felt awful about leaving Jackie the way I did. "I get it dude. Don't push yourself to make a choice or anything, I'm not asking you to." She looks away from me and I look away from her. It feels like there's a bit of tension in the room. "Marco, do you wanna hang out today? Don't take it the wrong way, I still wanna be your friend." After I consider it, I decide there can be no harm done. Jackie is still cool, and I definitely look at her as a friend. Maybe this will help me fully understand my feelings. I know I have strong feelings for Star, but I haven't gotten a chance to really understand my feelings for Jackie. "Yea, why not?" I say. She smiles. "Awesome... I'll call you later. We can figure out what we should do then." She stands up off the couch, and looks at me one last time before leaving. "I appreciate how you still wanna be friends Marco. Just remember what I said." She left, still smiling. As the door closed behind her, I heard her hop on her skateboard. The words she said slowly echoing throughout my head. I don't want to hurt her feelings, but I think mine are stronger for Star...

Star's PoV

It was one of the hardest things I've ever done leaving that house the way I did. Telling Marco I loved him, just to tell him I couldn't say what was on my mind. I want to forget about what I saw, but the image is burned into my skull. "Star... How are you dear?" My mom says. I sacrificed my own mother to save someone I loved and cared for, and for my kingdom. Does that make me a bad person? "I'm... Better. I took this from Marco's house before we left." I set down the spell book in front of her. She looked at it as if she's never seen it before. It dawns on me she really never has. "What is it?" My mom says. "A spell book. We might be able to figure out how to recover your memory if we ask this little guy who lives inside." I open the book, and skim from page to page, hoping to find him. 'Glossaryk?" I ask. The book rumbles in front of me and the pages flip frantically, and stop on one. Glossaryk rises from the text. "Star?" He says, curious as to why I called him. "How do we recover memory that was destroyed?" Glossaryk looks around, noticing the rubble, but doesn't mention it. "The orbs... Remember Star?" I cover my face with my palm, annoyed. "No... Ugh! My mom's orb was destroyed! Like completely!" I add. "Hmm, I see. Well, you can't retrieve it." He says casually, like what he is saying isn't a big deal. "What! What do you mean we can't retrieve it? We have to be able to retrieve it! It's my mom!" I can hear myself yelling, and my mom is just watching as I talk to Glossaryk. "Well, the only other way she's gonna get it back is over time. Show her pictures, tell her stories, eventually, the spell will wear off and she'll have all of her memory back." I sign with relief. At least there's some way to return it. "Great... How long does that take?" Glossaryk rubs his chin, thinking of the answer. "Anywhere between, 5-15 years." Again, I'm full, of anger. "So , that's it! That's all we can do! Wait for it to come back!" Glossaryk sighs, as he grows tired of having this conversation with me. "Star, those orbs are a lot harder to destroy them they look, are you sure it isn't just lying around somewhere? I mean, did you even look for it?" The book closes as he says that. "Mom, start moving around this rubble. We have some searching to do."

Marco's PoV

I was laying on the couch with the TV on, half asleep, when I heard footsteps. "Marco!" I hear. It was my parents. They ran down stairs and I jumped up to greet them. "Oh Marco my boy! I am so glad to see you!" My dad says. My mom just hugs me tight enough to choke me. "I missed you so so much!" I tell them I love them,but I quickly think of Star, and I start to get depressed. "Marco? What's wrong?" My mom says, sitting me down on the couch. She must've noticed. "There is something seriously wrong with Star... I'm worried about her." I glance down at my feet, thinking of her again. I can't get her out of my mind. My mom rubs my back. "I'm sure she'll come around... She tells you everything!" My mom makes a good point. "Now, we have some catching up to do young man!" My mom says. My dad sits on the other side of me and we start talking about everything that's happened.

Jackie texts me while me and my parents are talking. "Guys, I forgot to tell you the Jackie and I are hanging out today." They share a similar confused look. "When did make plans with Jackie?" My mom asks. "This morning..." I regret saying it as it comes out because I feel like they'll be mad. "I don't have a problem with you hanging out with your friend. Just be back by a reasonable hour!" My dad says. My dad is always so mellow with situations like this. I look down to read the text from Jackie. "So, what are we gonna do?"

Star's PoV

My mother and I spend our time searching through the rubble. "You know Star, even if we don't find this thing, I'm sure we can work at restoring my memory some way." I get frustrated. I hate how my mom is planning for failure. "Don't say that. We're going to find it. Glossaryk wouldn't have mentioned it if we wouldn't." I say, pushing some more giant rocks. "I'm just saying, I know you're willing to go to these lengths for me, and I love you for it, but I can deal with the loss of my memory." I drop one of the rocks I picked up and look at her. "Mom, do you even remember dad?" I ask. Her face grows more and more depressed, and I can't tell whether she can or can't. "No..." I hear her say subtly. "You deserve to know what happened..." I start to relive that day, and my body jolts with fear and disgust. "Star I-" my mom begins to say, but I tell her to shhh. I see a blue light shining from underneath some rocks. "Mom! Come here and help me!" She runs over and helps me move all of the rocks out of the way. "Unbelievable..." I say, as we uncover my moms memory orb. "Pick it up!" I say to her, while gesturing her towards it. She slowly moves her hand towards it, and grabs it. As she does, she levitates in the air a bit. Her cheek marks change form their black, back to their originally pink. Her eyes pulse with a light blue, and the same dark blue pulse flows out of her that flew out of me. She falls to the ground. "Star! I-I remember!" She says excitingly. I pull her up and we immediately go into a hug. "Told you we would find it..." I say with a huge smile on my face.

As the hug between me and my mom ended, I realized, some things didn't change. Sure, she has her memory back, but I still saw the same thing. Something that if I don't change, will haunt me for as long as I live. I start to cry, and my mom asks what's wrong. "I-I can't say!" I say, sniffling and wiping my tears. "I... I'll be right back." Before my mom has a chance to intervene, I cut open a portal to Earth and enter.

Marco's PoV

I was in my room getting ready for Jackie to arrive when a portal opened up. I knew who it was going to be, and I was happy, yet angry. Star walks through, and stands still looking at me. "We have to talk..." She says. She sounds upset. "Is everything alright?" I ask her. She tells me to sit, that I might want to. "What's wrong?" I ask. It feels like I've been asking that a lot lately. "Marco... I don't want you to take this the wrong way, because you know that I love you no matter what..." She pauses, and I despise where this is going. "Star..." All I can say is her name because I don't know what else to say. She starts crying and whimpering, and I sit still, unable to move because of the fear inside of me. "Marco... We... We can't ever see each other... Ever again..." She says. "What! What do you mean? Did Toffee put you up to this? Eclipsa?" It didn't take very long for me to start yelling. Even with me yelling, she stays calm. "No... This is all me Marco... I chose this..." She says, failing to make any eye contact. "No... No you didn't... Why are you doing this? What happened Star? Please tell me!" My anger is quickly turning into depression. My hatred for what she is saying turned to tears. "I... I just think we shouldn't talk anymore..." I slam my fist against the wall with tears running down my cheeks. "No! Star I know you better than this! Something is wrong! What am I supposed to do about us? With the feelings I have of you!?" She finally makes eye contact with me. "I guess... Try to forget..." She says. "That's what I'm going to do... Try to forget..." Her eyes begin to flood with tears like mine. I want to say more, I have more I need to say, but I'm too late. Star is already through the portal back to Mewni. With my scissors.

After about ten minutes, I stop the crying. I get a text from Jackie. "I'm outside." I rethink everything Star said, and everything she told me before she left as I walk down the Stairs. I walk out the front door and see Jackie standing across the street. She smiles and waves. When I reach her, she asks if I'm ready to go. "Not quite... Yet..." I say. "Everything alright dude?" She says. I smile. "Yea, but I thought about everything. My feelings for Star and all of that." She gives me a bit of a confused look on her face. "I wanna try again. I want to make us work." I tell her. She smiles, and I grab her hand. With our hands linked, I feel strange. The fact that I'm never going to see Star again hasn't really settled with me. Its making me realize that nothing lasts forever... Nonetheless, I listened to Star. I got with Jackie.
I'm going to Try to Forget.

😭😭😭😭😭
That is where the Story ends.
How are you guys feeling after reading that?
Go on to the Next part to read the epilogue, but be sure to tell me what you guys are feeling in the comment section!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 742 33
WARNING⚠️: LANGUAGE ~~ One day you're watching tv when all of a sudden, BAM! You get sucked into your favorite cartoon, Star vs the Forces of Evil...
57.3K 1K 38
This is a Star vs the forces of evil fanfiction about Star and Marco's daughter (Aurora) and how her life changes after she meets her mother for the...
38K 871 23
Hi guys! This is just a genderbend version of Star vs the forces of evil. I hope you guys like it :-) I don't own Star vs the forces of evil this jus...
350 46 17
(Yo, writing club kids, this is the story.) Two people are connected in a way that they can't even imagine. A profound connection that leads both of...