Not A Damsel in Distress

By WriterAnisha_2307

Previously titled as Arrogant's Smart Wife. ..... Abandoned on the next day of Marriage, Kavya is forced to l... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Part Sixty Five: Their Unconditional Love
Part 66: The Raichands'
Bonus Part 1: Honeymoon Preparation
Bonus Part 2: Honeymoon - 1
Bonus Part 3: Honeymoon - 2

Chapter Fourty Six

36.5K 2.5K 793
By WriterAnisha_2307

Next Morning

Graveyard

A lone tear escapes Kavya's eye as Riya's body is bought from the ambulance to bury in the graveyard.

She feels an arm, wrapping around her shoulder and turns to face Armaan, who gives her a reassuring nod.

She whispers, "Thank you."

He shakes his head and states, "She deserved a proper funeral."

Kavya argues in a defeated tone, "She deserved to live a happy life."

Armaan rubs her shoulder and consoles her, "I know, but we cannot change the past, Kavya. This is the least, we can give her and Geetika."

She nods and turns to find Geetika and her parents with Vikas, Ruhi, Mary, Rihan and Max arrived for the funeral. She nods at them with gratitude and keeps her gaze fixed on Geetika.

Kavya whispers, "Thanks for helping her as well."

He just rubs her shoulder in response and they turn to see Riya's body being placed in a coffin.

Armaan knew Riya is Hindu, still he organised a burial and not cremation. He wasn't sure, Kavya can manage to see Riya's dead body burning as per Hindu traditions. He feared to have a repetition of that evening.

So, he took Mary's help and organised a burial through the Church's Father, she visits. It was a safe option, keeping Kavya's emotions in check and even providing Riya, a proper funeral.

Soon the Father starts the burial ceremony and Kavya watches with teary eyes. Armaan caresses her shoulder to offer comfort and she involuntarily leans her head against his chest, remembering her last chat with Riya.

On the other hand, Ruhi feels uncomfortable with the ceremony. Though she arrived for Kavya and to pray for Riya's soul to rest in peace. The memories of her parents' death clouds her mind.

She glances at Kavya, who is silently crying in Armaan's arms and decides to wait outside as her friend is in safe hands.

Ruhi turns to leave, catching Rihan's attention, who is standing with Max and Mary.

He frowns, while thinking, 'Where is she going?'

Rihan decides to follow her and exits the graveyard.

He finds Ruhi, leaning against Armaan's car and walks towards her, reading a painful expression on her face with a few tears in her eyes.

He calls her name in a soft tone, "Ruhi?"

She wipes her tears hurriedly, not willing to express her emotions to anyone and faces him with a fake smile to ask, "Yes?"

Rihan frowns at her fake smile and enquires, "What are you doing here?"

Ruhi shakes her head and takes a minute to come up with an excuse, "Nothing....just standing here and enjoying the weather."

He raises his eyebrows in amusement for the silly excuse, but soon realises she lost her parents in an accident and the funeral might be discomforting for her.

So, instead of demanding any other explanation, he walks closer to lean against the car beside her and remains silent.

He was well aware, Kavya and Ruhi are strong women, who doesn't need sympathetic words or explanation. They just need silent support and assurance, when they are upset.

Rihan even recollects, Armaan didn't speak much with Kavya now, he just kept his arm around her shoulder to provide support.

Similarly, Ruhi needs silent support, which he was willing to provide by standing besides her.

After an hour, Kavya and Armaan exit the graveyard to find Ruhi and Rihan, leaning against their car.

Regret engulfs Kavya's heart as she reads the sadness in Ruhi's eyes and immediately knows the reason for the same. She rushes to her, grabbing their attention and making Armaan frown in confusion.

Ruhi straightens up and Kavya hugs her before whispering, "I am so sorry, I didn't realise such places-"

Ruhi interrupts in a low voice, "Its okay. I know, you were already disturbed."

They continue to hug each other, providing comfort, while the men stand in silence to not disturb their moment.

Ruhi asks after composing herself, "By the way, how long is my lioness planning to stay in crying baby mode? You are annoying me, Kavy."

Kavya breaks the hug in shock and opens her mouth to speak, only to be stopped by Ruhi's complain, "I came here to help you and not to babysit a brat."

Kavya asks in disbelief, "Brat?"

The men smile in amusement as Ruhi rolls her eyes playfully and complains, "What else should I call you? On Friday, you didn't respond to any of my call or message. Saturday, you were fuming in anger and almost burnt my tongue with your super spicy curry."

Kavya reasons with a sad pout, "It wasn't my fault, you read those messages."

Armaan presses his lips to not laugh, remembering his messages to annoy Kavya.

Whereas a surprised Rihan notices his arrogant friend, listening to the girls chat with interest. The man, who never wanted to listen anything apart from business related news, today was listening to a childish argument of two best friends.

Meanwhile Ruhi continues, "Then was it my fault? First spicy curry, then honey overloaded pancakes. Your culinary skills were dangerous that day."

Kavya offers, "I will make it up to you."

Ruhi demands with interest and raises her eyebrows, "How?"

Kavya answers with a grin, "Pizza dinner."

Ruhi widens her eyes and asks dramatically, "Who makes pizza wait till dinner? I want now, it's almost lunch time and we didn't even cook lunch today. So, I want NOW."

Kavya reasons, "It's our first day for supervision duty in the construction site. We need to check, if the place is comfortable enough for your pizza lunch."

Ruhi opens her mouth to argue, but Armaan speaks first, "Construction site is closed today."

The girls face him to ask, "What?"

Armaan nods and states, "Yes, the workers are going for medical check-up. So, your duty starts from tomorrow."

Rihan mutters under his breath, "Workers are going for medical check-up or you are sending them?"

Armaan mutters under his breath, "Shut up."

Rihan presses his lips to not giggle, meanwhile Ruhi orders Kavya, "So, order pizza for lunch at my place."

Kavya opens her mouth to reply, but Mary comes from behind and states, "But Ruhi-"

Everyone turns to face her and she continues, "Technically Armaan should treat you for pizza. It was his stunt, which affected Kavya's culinary skills. Right?"

Armaan frowns at her and Mary gestures Ruhi towards him then Kavya, giving her a hint of her intention.

Ruhi catches the hint and orders, "Yes, Armaan get pizza at my place and eat with us."

Kavya faces Armaan, assuming he will deny as he has office to attend, but to her surprise, he agrees, "With pleasure."

She stares at him in shock and he asks, "You don't want me come?"

Kavya shakes her head and states, "It's your wish."

Armaan smiles and instructs the women, "Then ladies, proceed to Ruhi's place in my car, Max will drive and I will get the pizzas."

They agree and Armaan opens the door for Kavya to sit. While Rihan opens the other door for Ruhi and Mary as Max sits in the driver's seat.

Once the car left, Armaan instructs Rihan, "I will drop you at office first, then-"

Rihan interrupts, "Oh Boss, hang on. I am coming with you for pizza lunch at Ruhi's place."

Armaan asks, "Why?"

Rihan makes a sad face and asks dramatically, "You can't treat your best friend and employee a small pizza? This is what I receive after taking a bullet and serving my loyalty for years?"

Armaan rolls his eyes and orders with irritation, "Can you stop being dramatic?"

Rihan glares playfully and denies, "No, you can enjoy your wife and her friend's dramatic chat, but not mine. This is cheating."

He crosses his arms against his chest and turns to face away from Armaan, who rolls his eyes again and agrees, "Fine, come with me."

Rihan squeals in excitement and turns to hug his friend, who demands, "Why are you being a brat today?"

Rihan withdraws from the hug and replies with a playful wink, "Giving company to your wife."

Armaan glares at him as he laughs and rushes to sit in the driving seat of his car. Armaan shakes his head in disbelief and sits in the car as Rihan starts the car.

Ruhi's Apartment 

Rihan and Armaan enter the apartment with 8 boxes of pizza after Mary opens the door. She takes the boxes from them, as they remove the coat with tie, while making their way towards the living room.

Though, Armaan halts at his spot to see Yuvi, sitting in Kavya's lap.

He murmurs through gritted teeth, "What the hell is he doing here?"

Rihan frowns at his words and finds him, glaring at a kid in Kavya's lap.

He asks, "What happened?"

Armaan informs, "This kid is a problem."

Rihan stays confused and faces Mary, who is giggling silently, which only increases his confusion.

But his attention is captured by Ruhi, who brings napkin, plates and glasses from the kitchen. He immediately steps ahead to help her after dropping his coat with tie on the couch's arm and arranges everything on the table.

Then he takes his seat besides Mary on one couch as Ruhi sits on a chair at their right and Armaan takes his seat besides Kavya after tossing his coat with tie on the arm of the couch.

Mary whispers to Rihan, "Today, you will see your friend jealous."

Rihan frowns in confusion and finds her staring at Yuvi, who is gazing mischievously at a furious Armaan.

Kavya faces Armaan to inform, "Yuvi was alone at home and his mother had a hospital appointment. So, I invited him for lunch."

Armaan thinks, 'Why Kavya?'

Instead he forces a smile and comments, "So thoughtful of you."

Kavya smiles and tells Yuvi, "Baby, sit on the couch for a minute, so I can help Ruhi with the serving."

Yuvi taps on his left cheek and she leans to kiss there, making Armaan clench his fist in anger. The kid then shifts from her lap to sit between her and Armaan. While Mary and Rihan press their lips to control their giggles from escaping.

Yuvi whispers to an angry Armaan, "Hello Old Meanie Uncle."

Armaan glares at him and opens his mouth to whisper, but Yuvi yells in excitement, "Wow! Only cheese pizza."

Armaan corrects him with a glare, "Its margherita."

Yuvi wraps his arms around Kavya's waist and complains, "Kuku, this old meanie uncle is shouting with big big eyes."

Mary and Rihan face tough time in controlling their giggles, while Ruhi frowns at his words. Kavya faces him then at Armaan, who immediately composes himself.

She explains Yuvi, "Yuvi, uncle is correcting you, he wasn't shouting."

Armaan smirks in victory and Kavya faces him to scold, "Armaan be polite, he is a kid."

He nods with a sigh and Kavya continues to serve pizza for everyone, while Ruhi serves cold drinks, then passes them their share.

Kavya offers a plate to Yuvi, but he opens his mouth and she grabs a slice to feed him.

Armaan glares at Yuvi as he chews the pizza, while climbing on Kavya's lap and silently asks her for water.

He thinks, 'Can't this kid sit and eat on his own?'

Yuvi asks Kavya after seeing Armaan, "Big meanie uncle doesn't like pizza?"

Kavya scolds him politely, "Baby, don't call him meanie, bad manners."

He apologises, "Sorry cutie pie."

She smiles at him and faces a fuming Armaan to ask, "Are you alright?"

Armaan thinks, 'Once I throw this kid out of the house, I will be alright.'

Instead he says with a forced smile, "Yes."

Kavya states with a smile, "Then eat."

Armaan nods and grabs his slice to eat, watching Kavya take a bite after feeding Yuvi.

While Ruhi frowns, watching Mary and Rihan grinning uncontrollably. She finds them eyeing a furious Armaan and a grinning Yuvi.

She concentrates on their behaviour and realises Yuvi is purposely taking Kavya's sole attention, which is making Armaan angry. Ruhi shakes her head with a silent chuckle and decides to help Armaan.

She complains with a sad pout, "Yuvi, you won't allow Ruru to pamper you?"

The innocent kid didn't understand her intention and hopped off from Kavya's lap to sit on Ruhi's lap. She feeds him with pizza, while winking at Armaan, who gives a thankful nod in return.

Armaan faces Kavya, who is chewing her pizza and shifts closer to her, while taking a bite from his own.

But Yuvi complains, grabbing everyone's attention, "I am getting bored."

Armaan rolls his eyes in annoyance, while Rihan asks, "What would you like to do young man?"

Yuvi smiles at his compliment and asks, "Can we play some game?"

Rihan thinks for a moment, keeping Kavya and Armaan in mind and asks Ruhi, "Do you have an empty glass bottle?"

Ruhi informs with a nod, "At the top shelf above refrigerator."

He nods and makes his way towards the kitchen to grab the bottle. After returning, he empties the center table and grabs a chair to sit across Ruhi.

Rihan requests Yuvi, "Young man, can you sit on my place, so we can play."

The excited kid agrees and shifts to sit besides Mary. Ruhi hands him a plate to eat on his own now.

Rihan yells in excitement, "We are playing truth and dare."

The women and Yuvi seem excited, however Armaan rolls his eyes in irritation, but seeing Kavya happy, he doesn't deny to play.

While Rihan explains, "I will roll first and who gets the mouth side of the bottle has to select between truth or dare, while the person at the other end will give the question or task. Agreed?"

Everyone nods and Rihan winks at Mary, who will give the question or task to Armaan, if the mouth of the bottle points at him.

She winks back and he rolls the bottle. The mouth lands towards Yuvi and other end at Kavya.

She asks with a smile, "Truth or dare?"

Yuvi answers with pride, "Dare, I am a strong young man."

Armaan orders, "Then go to your home."

Kavya faces him with raised eyebrows and he immediately covers up, "Touch the door and come back within 2 minutes. This can be a good task for him."

Mary, Ruhi and Rihan press their lips to not laugh, while Kavya agrees with a smile, "Yes, this is a good task. Thank you Armaan."

He smiles in response and she grabs her phone to open the timer app, while asking, "Ready Yuvi?"

Yuvi stands at the door and nods, asking Kavya to start the timer. He rushes to complete the task and finishes in 1 minute 50 seconds, earning a round of applause from everyone, except Armaan, who rolls his eyes again.

Yuvi rolls the bottle and the mouth lands at Ruhi, while the other end lands at Rihan.

He asks, "Truth or dare?"

Ruhi answers after a moment of thinking, "Truth."

Rihan asks immediately, "First crush/love?"

Kavya giggles at a memory, making Ruhi glare at her and others remain confused.

Kavya encourages Ruhi to answer, "Come on Ruhi, tell them."

Rihan faces Ruhi, who plays with her fingers in embarrassment and answers, "Kavy's youngest Uncle Diljeet."

Kavya continues to giggle, grabbing Armaan's sole attention and smiles at the sight.

But Rihan asks with a frown, "Uncle?"

Ruhi remains silent and Kavya shares in-between her giggles, "She was 11...and...and was obsessed with Bollywood love stories. Diljeet uncle shared his ice cream with her on valentine's day. So, she thought this is a...a God's sign that he is her soul...soul mate, but in reality uncle came to get help from Papa to marry....marry his longtime girlfriend...and told her....he wishes to have a dau...daughter like her. Poor Ruhi didn't eat ice cream for 2...2 years."

Ruhi throws at cushion at Kavya and reasons, "I was just 11 year old innocent girl and since then, I didn't think of any man."

But Kavya continues to laugh, making Mary and Armaan laugh as well, while Rihan sighs in relief to know, she never had a relationship.

Ruhi rolls the bottle, proceeding the game and ignoring her giggling friend.

The mouth lands on Armaan and Mary asks, "Truth or dare?"

Armaan answers, "Dare."

Mary challenges, "Recognise your wife."

Armaan raises his eyebrows, while Kavya stop giggling and frowns in confusion.

Mary elaborates, "I will tie a cloth around your eyes and you will get a few pairs of hand, you need to recognise Kavya's hand."

Yuvi asks her with excitement, "If meanie uncle failed, will he do chicken dance?"

Mary giggles and plays along, "Maybe."

This excited the kid, but the adults were stressed.

Rihan thinks, 'This would be tough.'

Ruhi thinks, 'If Armaan failed, then Kavy will be upset.'

Kavya faces Armaan, thinking how he will recognise her as they have held hands only a few times. She is even aware, he has no feeling for her to sense the connection between them.

Armaan turns to face her, noticing the fear and sadness in her eyes. He knew, what she is thinking, but he needed her to believe him and this can be a great opportunity to prove himself.

Armaan leans to whisper near her ear, "Trust me."

He stands to walk aside and nods at Mary. She stands, while grabbing her scarf from her bag and moves to tie it around his eyes.

Mary notices a big leaf shaped ring in Kavya's left hand and silently asks her to remove it. She takes the ring and gives to Ruhi, so she can wear it.

Kavya watches the ring in Ruhi's finger with sadness as she knew that ring had caught Armaan's attention in the morning, which can help him to win.

Armaan forwards his hand and first Rihan goes, but recognises his huge manly hands and pinches the left one, making him yelp in pain.

Rihan curses under his breath as others laugh, except Kavya, who remains stressed, seeing Ruhi going next with her ring perfectly fit in her finger.

Ruhi places her hands over Armaan's and he touches her hand to recognise. He stops at the leaf ring, making Kavya bit her lower lip in nervousness.

Rihan whispers to Mary, "This test seems more of Kavya, than Armaan."

Mary whispers back, "I know, that arrogant is so relaxed as if he can see through the cloth."

Armaan smiles, making Kavya close her eyes in defeat, but his words, make her open her eyes in surprise, "You are not Kavya."

Kavya grins, jumping to her feet and walking towards her husband as Ruhi comes back.

Rihan and Mary chuckle silently at her excitement, concluding it was rather her test than Armaan.

Kavya happily places her hand over Armaan's hands. He smiles, holding her hand, but doesn't move his fingers to recognise, making everyone frown in confusion.

Armaan greets confidently with a smirk, "Hello, Mrs. Kavya Armaan Raichand."

Rihan and Mary's jaw drops in shock, while Ruhi claps, feeling happy for her friend, but Kavya stares at her husband in shock as well.

Yuvi murmurs with a sad pout, "I wanted to see meanie uncle's chicken dance."

Mary and Rihan whisper at the same time, "How did he recognise her by just holding her hand?"

While Armaan request in whisper, "Can my wife help me to untie this cloth, so I can see her gorgeous face?"

Kavya's eyes widen at his words and he leaves her hand to turn around, giving her the access to untie the cloth. She obeys and he turns to face her with a smile.

He whispers, "Thank you."

Kavya couldn't stop her lips from curling up to a smile and whispers, "You recognise me."

Armaan whispers, "You had doubts?"

Her eyes widen in panic and she denies, "No...I...I..."

The sound of the notification interrupts her and they turn to find Rihan reaching for his phone. He reads the notification, which was a reminder and informs Armaan, they have a meeting in an hour.

Armaan turns to face Kavya and states, "I need to get ready for the meeting."

She nods and gestures him to follow, while turning to make her way towards Ruhi's bedroom. Armaan grabs his coat and tie before following her.

Meanwhile, Rihan grabs his tie to wear and Mary helps Ruhi to clear the boxes.

Bedroom

Armaan watches Kavya, playing with her fingers through the mirror as he wears the tie around his neck.

He clears his throat to grab her attention and states, "I..."

Kavya meets his gaze through the mirror and he continues, "I enjoyed the time....it's been ages I ate pizza and played truth or dare."

She smiles, but Armaan frowns as her smile was forced and not natural. He wonders, what mistake did he commit now and soon realises the reason for her sudden sadness.

Armaan turns around to grab his coat from the bed and walks towards her, while informing, "But the best part of today's lunch was..."

He observes her expressions, while wearing the coat and continues, "My task to recognise my wife."

Kavya lowers her gaze, while pressing her lips to not smile at his words. She feels her cheeks heating up and plays with her fingers to distract herself as she senses his gaze on her.

Smiling to himself, Armaan grabs her left hand and caresses the index finger to feel the slight hollow of the ring mark, caused by the leaf ring on her finger. 

Kavya stares at his fingers, massaging the mark and frowns in confusion, but doesn't lift her face to meet his gaze.

Armaan leans to whisper near her ear, "Amazing perfume, Kavya."

He sniffs her fragrance, making her eyes snap in shock to meet his. She realises, Armaan sniffed even after whispering trust me in her ear before his task started.

Armaan straightens up with a smile and states, "I will meet you in the evening, Mrs. Raichand. Have a good day."

Without waiting for her response, Armaan turns to leave the room after leaving her hand. 

Kavya fails to stop the smile, lacing her lips and chuckles to herself, recollecting his smart move to win the task.

************

That's all for now.....will update next part as soon as possible.....hope you liked this part, do give your reviews...till then Keep Smiling and Take Care

My contact details:

Wattpad Profile - @WriterAnisha_2307
Email- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Hangout- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Facebook - Anisha (Link - https://www.facebook.com/worldofanisha)
Twitter - worldofanisha
Instagram- Anisha_23_07

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 632 12
"You aren't going anywhere." This time he said a bit seriously. The sadness and guilt she felt in his eyes were long gone and again were filled with...
15.4K 412 20
It's a love story between a college girl and a handsome ceo πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ Swetha Natrajan❀️ She is a 20 years college girls who is s...
1.8M 75.4K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...