Girl Vs World

By lovebooksforever01

"Everything happens for a reason. That reason causes change. Sometimes it hurts. Sometimes it's hard. But in... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
CAST
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue
VOTE OF THANKS
The Motive (fiftyshadesofbiebah)

Chapter 20

89 13 3
By lovebooksforever01

Lily's POV

Walking in the school hallway that was unusually quiet today, just soft murmurs could be heard. I made my way to the staircase where the girls and I usually meet up before class starts.

I spotted the girls there, except for Mary. I have to admit, I really missed her these past couple of days. It just wasn't the same without her.

"Hey." I greeted and they all mumbled a small hi back. Something's definitely up. "What's wrong?"

I waited patiently for someone to answer me. "I-uhm-it's." Katie sighed heavily. "Mrs Walker had a heart attack last night." No. Please no.

"She passed on."

My heart dropped.

Mrs Walker, my Art teacher was... gone?

I could feel the tears stinging at the back of my eyes. She was my favourite teacher and ironically taught my favourite subject too.

I found it hard to come to terms with.

She was always so vibrant and passionate, especially when it came to love.

I couldn't even speak at this moment. She was an amazing woman.

"Well, Principal Williams has organised a small memorial service in the hall. We were actually waiting on you." Becca said as I nodded.

The school's hall was huge , with rows of black chairs. The girls and I sat in the fifth row.

There was a beautiful picture of Mrs. Walker on the stage, she was a true beauty for her age. Her blonde hair was always in a neat bun with her bangs covering her forehead.

I hated the fact that I'd never be able to see her face again. How cruel wasn't that?

Sitting in this uncomfortable chair, my mind drifted to my parents and Liam. I couldn't contain my tears.

Death was such a bitch!

I wiped my traitorous tears away furiously. I absolutely hated crying, especially in front of people.

"It'll all be okay." Julie rubbed my shoulder comfortingly.

"I never had her as a teacher but she'd always greet me with the biggest and warmest smile ever." Katie said with a sad smile.

Many students went up onto the stage and spoke about the wonderful person Mrs. Walker was.

To my surprise Brody walked up to the stage and stood by the podium.

I wasn't crying anymore, just felt a bit gloomy, but right now for some unusual reason. I felt nervous and curious as to what Brody would say about Mrs. Walker.

"Good morning fellow students." He greeted with his mesmerising voice.

"Even though I have only been at RHS for exactly a week, Mrs. Walker had made a big impact in my life in this short time - she had given me a chance at finding love."

At this the crowd of students, more like 99% of the girls had been murmuring to each other.

"We'd make a cute couple, don't you think?"

"He's so sexy."

"I'm in love with him."

"Ugh he's so hot."

These girls were so annoying honestly.

Principal Williams took the microphone from Brody. "Quieten down and let Mr. King finish his speech or you're all getting detention."

At this, the entire hall was quiet, you could even hear a pin drop.

Principal Williams then gave the microphone back to Brody.

Brody searched the entire hall first, as if searching for someone. When his eyes landed on me, he never broke his gaze and I couldn't bring myself to look away.

"If it were not for Mrs. Walker, I wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to meet the most beautiful girl I could've ever laid eyes on. A girl whose heart I am hoping to steal." My breath hitched in my throat and when he looked away to the audience, I visibly relaxed and let out the breath I was holding.

"Mrs. Walker had an amazing soul. May she rest in peace." And then he made his way off the stage.

Was he talking about me? I think he was or maybe it was someone else.

Truth is, I knew he was talking about me. I didn't know how to feel about it. This was all so new to me.

After we all observed a moment of silence, Principal Williams allowed us to head to the cafeteria since we'd "behaved ourselves".

The girls and I all got our lunch and sat at our table.

Just as I was about to take a bite out of my slice of pizza, Becca spoke up beside me. "Is there something you're not telling us Lily."

Oh no.

"What do you mean?" I asked, acting dumb.

"Drop the innocent act Lily. Now tell us please." Becca begged. "Like Brody kept staring at you. We didn't even know you knew him."

I cleared my throat as I gave my friends each a quick glance.

"Well we were paired by Mrs. Walker for an assignment and we spoke a few times. He's actually Scott's roommate. How funny isn't that huh?" I giggled nervously.

"And you're only telling us this now hmmm." Julie questioned across me.

"Sorry?" My pathetic excuse for an apology. "I just didn't think it was so important."

"We'll forgive you just this once, but don't keep things like this away from us."  Katie decided, as she stole a fry from Julie's tray.

"Ay! Hands off missy." Julie hit Katie's hand playfully as Katie sent her a cheeky grin.

"So, has he made a move yet?" Becca asked with a huge grin.

"Err well..." I trailed off.

"Well...?" Becca urged.

"Heaskedmetogoonadatewithhim." I rushed the words out in a small whisper.

"What?" They asked simultaneously, looking confused.

"He asked me to go on a date with him." I said more clearly.

"What?" They asked at the same time again.

"He. Asked. Me. To. Go. On. A. Date. With. Him" I said slowly, a bit amused by their expressions.

"Oh my god!" Becca squeeled making me laugh.

"Aww, I'm so happy for you." Katie said as she gave me an approving smile.

"Girl. You're so lucky. He is smoking hot." Julie slapped the table emphasising the fact.

"Who's smoking hot?" Rob, Julie's boyfriend aka Becca's twin brother, asked with a frown playing on his face as he came to stand behind Julie's chair.

"Oh hey babe." Julie said, turning to Rob and ignoring his question.

"Brody King." Becca answered as Julie shot her a glare.

"You think Brody is smoking hot." Rob asked, pouting.

"Well yeah but you're like smoking smoking hot." She said as she pulled Rob onto her lap and kissed him.

I was seemingly the only one shocked by her act.

"She's the dominant one." Katie said with a chuckle, as I nodded slowly in understanding.

"Ugh guys, get a room." Becca complained.

"I love you my hottie." Julie whispered to Rob, loud enough for us to hear.

"I love you too beautiful." He stayed seated on Julie's lap as he turned to us. "I hope you girls are coming to Dustin's party on Friday night. It's gonna be the bomb." He grinned.

"I don't think that's a good idea..." Becca began.

"No, uhm. We'll be there." Katie answered.

"You sure?" Julie asked and she nodded.

Rob stood up from Julie's lap."Well I have to go. I need to get ready for basketball practice. See you later my girl." Rob pecked Julie on the lips and she smiled. "Bye ladies." He waved at us as he left the cafeteria.

I seriously can't wait to go to my very first teenage party. I'm sure it'll be fun.

"Have you girls heard of Mary yet. I miss her terribly." I said with a heavy sigh.

"Me too. She said she'll be here tomorrow though." Katie said.

I have been sending multiple messages to Mary but she never responded to any of them which made my heart sank a little. Maybe she's just been too busy.

"Oh shoot!" Becca smacked her forehead. Ow! She cried out. "I seriously need to stop doing that. I've picked it up by you you know." She chuckled as she pointed at me.

And we all let out a laugh.

"What's up?" I said with a small laugh.

She tapped her phone in her palm repeatedly. "I was supposed to meet Liam and go over a few things before his next test but I completely forgot."

Her face was full of panick. "I'll see you girls later okay?" We gave her small nods and she sprinted out of the cafeteria.

Julie, Katie and I exchanged glances then burst out laughing.

"She's got it bad." Julie laughed.

"Young love." Katie said with a short laugh.

"So when is Mr. Hotness taking you out on a date?" Julie asked with a smirk.

"Not sure. He said he'll let me know this week." I answered.

"Looks like he's planning something romantic hey Jules." Katie nudged Julie with her arm.

I started to blush but then I felt a presence behind me.

"Hey Lily. Can we talk?" I immediately knew who it was.

Zack Rider.

*****************************

Leaving you guys with a cliffhanger *cue evil laugh*

Mary's returning soon, let's just say she's going to surprise you *sneaky smile*

I'd appreciate feedback 😊

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter xxxxxxx

Vote, Comment & Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 1.9K 54
Your heart was empty, it has been for 15 years and you kept coming back to that same old place you were told to stay. You knew that nobody will come...
356K 9.7K 56
I've always lived with my mother and sister. But things happen, lives change... People change. Best ranking: #1 in #laurenjauregui
70.3K 1.6K 25
You text Lauren thinking it's the suicide hotline, can she save you before you do something drastic? (Gxg takes place when Camila is in the group)
42.2K 1.1K 16
*(lauren/you/camila)* gxg Y/n had never understood the world's obsession with romantic relationships, no matter how hard she tried. Lover after love...