The Rider

By Leeyanda15

Taylor Mckenzie is one twisted mysterious woman. Grew up with no love or parents but a ruthless man who turne... More

Fresh Start
Paranoid
Duggies
Fight
The visitor
Cheseburger
The Fountain
The Heat
Black and Blue
The VIP
Red House
Pitch Black
Heartless
Phone call
Numb
Sin
Deal
The Baiter
Night Time
First Kill
Clubhouse
Ownership
The Estate
Acquaintances
Bittersweet
Shadows
Shelter
Promises
Hideout
Brothers
Sinful
Black Aces
Bourbons
Miss Preźton
Danger
Mr Stavato
Lust
Adrenaline
Afterwards
South Carolina
Dead Angels
Her-story
His-story
On the Move
On The Lookout
An Element
È la donna che
The Only
Comfort
Lessons
One Last Time
Author's note
Last one

Time

36 3 0
By Leeyanda15

"Shit. Time was never on our side." - Me
•••••••••••••••••••••••••

My eyes flutter open from the bad dream I had and I soon find myself consumed by darkness again. My head is throbbing and my body is in pain. I raise my head from the soft pillow but wince when I feel a huge amount of pain hit my head. My ears feel wet. I raise my hand and touch my ear to see water.

Water.

And that's when it hits me.

I almost killed myself.

I suddenly feel someone else's presence in the room. By his heavy breathing and his glistening eyes you can tell it's Luca, sitting in a chair at the corner of the room, just watching me. His in his usual dark clothes and his hair has been ruffled with. His body looks tense and his eyes just cold.

We almost had sex yesterday.

Or did we?

"We didn't." He says noticing the startled look on my face.

At that I immediately relax and let out a small breath of relief.

Always attracting the crazy one's, maybe it's cause you're also crazy...

I slowly sit up and as soon as I do I feel the cold air hit my skin and that's when I realise I'm naked.

He has seen you naked.

I pull up the blanket and pull it over my naked chest. I rest my head on the headboard and close my eyes.

A moment of silence passes and I momentarily take comfort in it.

"You had a panic attack then blacked out."

"I need to take a shower." I say trying to get up.

"Who's Sinn?"

I immediately freeze at his words and look up to see him still eyeing me. I shut my eyes completely and try to wash away all the memories and stand up to go take a shower. As soon as I stand and start walking towards the door he also stands and walks towards me blocking the way.

"I need to take a fucking shower." I grit out angrily trying to calm down.

He looks like his having an internal conflict with himself, whether he should continue pushing me or let it go. He then goes with the latter and lets it go, backing away from me. He grips my face roughly and pulls it towards his.

"What's going on inside that pretty little head of yours Mckenzie." He says harshly in my face.

I look at him and smile, I let out a cold laugh that I don't even recognize. His hand goes down and he puts it around my throat gently, coming closer to me.
The smile on my face slowly disappears from the intensity of his gaze and is replaced by a straight line. I feel his words crash into me, he sounds strained, intruged even. I blink rapidly and look away. I remove his hand from my throat and walk past him, shoving his shoulder roughly.

"You're just some fucked up shell of who you used to be." He says from behind me.

I momentarily stop, my back facing him and fist my hands, holding in my anger.

He walks towards the door and opens it, he stops, his back facing me and his hand on the door knob.

"Try to kill yourself again...." He just let's the rest of the sentence hang like it's a silent promise for what's to come. He leaves, locking the door behind him.

●●●●

"What do you have so far?"

"She's currently being held captive by the Italians. My sources say she's doing a job for them but we're not sure what."

I suck in a deep breath and try to calm my nerves down. We've never been this close to finding her, it almost feels too good to be true. For twenty years I've been looking for her.

"Do you know where they're keeping her?" I say pouring myself a glass of whiskey.

"No.. Not yet sir, we need more time."

My grip on the glass suddenly tightens like the knot in my stomach.

"You see that is something that I don't have my friend." I reply harshly.

"We know someone on the inside who might help us with her location but we'll need something to persuade him."

"If it's money give it to him." I say finishing the whole glass.

"Yes sir."

"It's been twenty years Nett and now that I've finally found her I'm not letting her slip out my fingers again." I say all those emotions coming back.

"Sir there's one more thing."

I look up to catch a hint of doubt on his face.

"She might be in danger."

"What do you mean?"

"Someone is after her sir and they want her dead."

I crease my eyebrows in confusion.

"Who? "

"Were not sure yet sir but I'm certain it has something to do with Rob."

"Dead or alive, I want her Nett."

I want my daughter back.

●●●●

"So what's next?" I say crossing my arms.

He turns his gaze towards mine and leans forward putting both his hands on the table.

"Well you'll start by telling me who Ford is?" He says dryly.

I expected his question sooner or later.

"An old friend of mine, well enemy now." I state still keeping my composure.

He looks at me for a while as if trying to pick up something but eventually gives a small nod.

"Why does he want you dead then?" He asks with a hint of curiosity.

"Why do you wanna know." I ask back shrugging my shoulders.

"It seems like you guys had a little disagreement which turned out to almost fucking."

I almost choke at his bluntness and look up to see him raising his eyebrow in question. He seems interested to know and doesn't bat an eyelash as if wanting me to fall under his gaze.

"Something like that." I say shifting uncomfortably in my seat.

"Now my concern is how does he know you're working for us? Why does he want you dead McKenzie? Is there something more to what meets the eye?" He's taunting me.

I keep quiet and refrain from answering back.

"You always seem to fascinate me Mckenzie." He says lowly.

And you always seem to fascinate me.

I wish I could add..

"We're leaving tomorrow morning."

"Where are we going? I thought my job was done I got you the file."

"No. That was only the beginning of our whole plan. We're a team now McKenzie, it's just you and I." I don't like the sound of that.

"Take this fucking chip off me first then we'll talk business." I say lying.

"Not just yet unfortunately."

"You said we had a fucking deal Luca!" I say now shouting angrily at him.

"Yes I did, I lied." He seems to not have a single care in the world as he takes out his cigarette and lights it on. I slowly approach him at the end of the room and pull out the cigarette between his lips.

"Don't fuck with me Luca. I don't fuck with you Italians never have so don't play me for a fucking fool." I throw the cigarette onto the ground and step on it. I start heading for the door to leave the room but then suddenly feel his tight grip on my arm.

"Fine. New deal then?"

I look at him for the longest time and start weighing my options. I'm surprised he's even negotiating with me, two seconds ago he seemed like he doesn't give a fuck.

"I'm listening." I say turning around to look at him.

"Robert has two shipments of cocain worth one billion and my only chance to finding them is through you."

Woah. That's a lot of fucking money, I didn't know Robert was dealing with that much amount of drugs.

"What do I get in return?" I ask him curiously.

"Safety and part of the money."

"How much?" I ask him wearily.

"A hundred thousand." I almost laugh at the low offer. He must be joking.

"50/50 of that billion take it or leave it."

"You're fucking insane. 30 million that's my offer and that's a lot of fucking money McKenzie." He seems agitated now and I watch him run a hand through his hair waiting for my final answer.

"300 million is my final take leave it or take it."

His lips edge down in a frown and I can see his frustration. He pauses for a long moment that I fear he won't take the deal.

"Fine but the chip stays and you're still basically working for me McKenzie."

"Whatever makes you sleep at night boss."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4M 472K 65
𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐭...
50.5K 930 37
〆 Edited Mackenzie Black is someone any girl would dream to be. She has the body, the looks, the hair, flawless skin, and the cute but dangerous atti...
33.4M 1M 53
Maya, an innocent nurse, finds herself forced to accept protection from the Phantoms motorcycle gang, specifically the dangerous, irresistible biker...
7.2M 206K 44
~~~ Ryder's face turned angry as he pushed me back up against a wall. His face hovered inches from mine. I could feel his hot breath on my lips that...