Dribble En Pointe

Autorstwa abittoosweet

On this court you can have whatever your heart desires. High rollers giving you cash just to dance for them... Więcej

Chapter 2 - The punch

Chapter 1

213 9 10
Autorstwa abittoosweet

A/N: Let's start fresh, shall we?

On this court you can have whatever your heart desires.

High rollers giving you cash just to dance for them?
You've got it.

Want a chance to perform in front of thousands of people?
You've got it.

Enjoy the thrills of what the NBA world has to offer?
You've definitely got it.

Demi Lovato had been dancing since she was three years old and never wanted anything more than to be a Lakers dancer once she finished high school. She trained so hard for the position that she has on this team. Dancing runs through the young woman's blood. In fact, her mother was the first Lakers dancer to step foot onto the basketball court back in 1988.

Besides dancing in front of millions of people each week, being in the NBA has its perks. Free gym memberships, free hair appointments, a pretty good salary, and so much more.

While the perks are good, we cannot not forget the cons.

Rigorous schedules, practice everyday for nearly three hours straight, and having no choice but to wake up at six every morning. What's a social life?

Dancers also cannot do anything that will cause headlines. They have precious reputations to protect.

What's something that will cause a headline?
Dating an NBA player.

Ms. Demi Lovato, a dancer on the Los Angeles Lakers dance team broke the most important rule when she started dating Tremaine Neverson, the co-captain of the Los Angeles Lakers NBA team.

Do you think hiding this secret for the past three years has been easy? Lies would be told if it was.

The two have been playing an exhausting game of planning secret meeting spots and trying to avoid the security cameras in the arena. It is as if all eyes are on either of the two, 24/7.

How long and how well can they hide this little secret?

6:30PM, Trey's mansion in Beverly Hills.

"You players have it so easy and can get away with the slightest offense. Y'all are allowed to party with whomever, be in a random music video, have women all on your arms. We don't share the same rules, Trey. I have a reputation to protect. This is my career. If I even mention that you and I are dating, let alone talking, I'm going to be kicked off the Lakers." Demi argues, tears threaten to spill.

She crosses her arms and looks down at the wooden floor of Tremaine's kitchen, barefoot, in one of Trey's sweatshirts and a pair of leggings.

Trey nods his head and lets out a deep rooted sigh.

The pair had been arguing about this situation for two nights now.

"If you get kicked off the team, I can easily get you back on the team, D." Trey replies and scratches his head, hoping he said the right words to his pissed off girlfriend.

"So what?" Demi repeats and scoffs, "You've known how bad I've wanted this job and you don't care if I'm kicked off? And now you wanna use nepotism?"

"It's not that it's just-"

"It's just what Trey? I can't lose my job!" She yells.

Without giving the baller a chance to explain himself, the dancer storms out of the kitchen to grab her purse off the island.

She needed time to clear her head. This was all beginning to become too much.

Tears stream down Demi's cheek as she makes her way to the living room. Quickly wiping her tears, she is prepared to make her exit without a single word to her boyfriend.

All she wanted to do was stop fighting with him and just make up.

"I just want to be with you, Demi. Publicly." Trey shares out loud as he follows Demi to the living room. He gently grabs her hand and tries to pull her close to him, as she pulls away.

"I want to be with you publicly too. I'm just so tired of hiding." She tells him before wiping her eyes again. Trey abruptly stops walking and wraps Demi in a warm embrace.

He is her safe place. He will always be.

"Hey." Trey gently whispers.

"Look at me." He tells Demi, softly caressing her cheek as the tears stream down her face. He looks into her eyes and takes a deep breath, those big brown eyes get him every time. He couldn't bear to see Demi cry, it breaks his heart.

"I know it's hard. Believe me, I know baby. Do you know how bad I want to scream from the rooftops that we're together?" He asks as Demi still looks away from him. He sighs and presses a kiss to his girlfriend's cheek.

"Demi, I promise we'll figure this out." Trey reassures his girlfriend as he wraps his arms around her waist.

Little did the couple know, they had to figure this out fast.

6am. Demi's car.

After a long day at Trey's house, Demi was sure that she was going to pass out from exhaustion. She had dinner at Trey's and cried into her pizza all over again, at this rate she must've cried an entire bucket of tears.

She returned home at nine o'clock at night and passed out immediately.

Every morning at six, Demi works out at the gym for an hour. She comes home to take a nice hot shower and then starts her classes at nine, ending at four thirty each day and then she has dance practice from six to eight. It's surprising that she even has a social life. She is a biology student with a very busy schedule.

Today is Friday, her favorite day of the week. This semester Demi has no classes on Fridays, leaving her with a three day weekend.

Friday and Saturday are for homework and chores.

Sunday is for church, naps, shopping, and fun.

It's back to business on Monday.

Starting her car, Demi takes a sip of her protein drink. She is about to drive when she gets a phone call from her boyfriend and jumps from being so deep in her thoughts.

"Good morning." She says with a yawn.

"Good morning, we gotta talk." Trey responds, worry dripping from his lips. Demi changes her route to the gym and makes her way to Trey's.

"I'll be over in five minutes." She says, promising herself to working in Trey's at home gym. He owes her for making her lose out on this workout.

"Okay, I'll let you in." The couple hang up and Trey paces around his living room as Demi's heart begins to race.

What could he possibly want at six in the morning? Was it worth ruining her workout for?

Demi pulls up to Trey's mansion and sighs out loud. "I'm messing up my schedule." She groans as she makes her way to the front door.

Trey immediately answers the door without a hello or even a kiss for his girlfriend.

"Um..." Demi responds in confusion as Trey abruptly cuts her off.

"Someone caught a picture of us kissing last night and put it on Twitter, and now it's trending." Once the words come flying out of his mouth, Demi is speechless.

"What do you mean someone found out and posted it on Twitter? How did they find out?" She asks, feeling her heart racing.

Trey whips his phone out to show Demi the tweet.

Demi's eyes widen as she sees the tweet and begins to go into mental gymnastics.

"We're going to be okay, Demi." He mumbles as Demi scans Twitter before seeing the one picture that could ruin her career as a dancer.

"But my job." Demi says, her eyes widen and her hand goes over her mouth as she processes this information.

"I have an idea," Trey chimes. "I'm going to fix this, Dems. I promise."

The two head into the living room when she doorbell rings, alarming Demi.

Trey jumps up to grab the door, surprised to see his manager, Jake Thorn. He lets the young man into his lavish house.

Demi turns her head and sees what is going on. "You told Jake about us?" Demi snaps, jumping off the couch, having enough of this conversation.

"We're way past that, Demi."

Jake shakes off Demi's attitude. "Hello to you too, Demi. Look you two, all you have to do is say is that Demi just got the tragic news of her pet passing away and you, Trey decided to comfort her. Things got heated between you two and you kissed. It was a one time thing. Just lie, everything will be brushed under the rug."

Trey looks over at Demi who nods her head at him. "Okay, fine." She stresses, wanting to desperately get out of this situation.

"Will this get Demi her job back?"

"I'm guessing yes, if the lie is convincing enough." Jake answers.

Demi frustratedly groans and walks away from the two men, letting them have their conversation. She needs strong coffee this morning.

"I don't want this to be a guessing game. She can't lose her job. I need you to make sure she keeps it." Trey says with a stern voice, causing his tough manager to shake with fear.

"Okay. I will have a meeting with the board to discuss this further and then we'll go from there. In the meantime, try to stay out of the press." Jake leaves Trey's house and he goes to check on Demi who is feeling conflicted.

He finds her looking outside of the window where the balcony sits, in deep thought. "I've got us, Dem." Trey says in Demi's ear as he wraps his arms around her waist, pressing a kiss to her shoulder.

"Whatever happens, just know I'm always going to be by your side," He promises, wrapping his arms around her waist, pressing a kiss to the back of her head. "I mean that." He whispers in her ear.

It didn't affect him knowing that the whole world knew about them being together. What did affect him was knowing that he could be the reason for his girlfriend losing her job.

Knowing that he could keep his position on the team and sit out for a couple games, being held with a warning, while Demi would be banned from the NBA for life did not sit right with him.

Demi turns around looking into Trey's eyes. She lets out a lighthearted chuckle.

"What?"

She turns around in his arms and looks up at him, smiling, unknowingly sending a million butterflies to Trey's stomach.

"I'm thinking about our conversation that we had last night about us being together publicly."

"Well it's happening, Dems." He answers bluntly, unashamed. Demi runs her hand on his stubbly cheek.

"Yes it is, Trey."

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.2M 54.5K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
425K 10.8K 60
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
442K 30.2K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
599K 30.3K 59
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...