Not A Damsel in Distress

By WriterAnisha_2307

Previously titled as Arrogant's Smart Wife. ..... Abandoned on the next day of Marriage, Kavya is forced to l... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Part Sixty Five: Their Unconditional Love
Part 66: The Raichands'
Bonus Part 1: Honeymoon Preparation
Bonus Part 2: Honeymoon - 1
Bonus Part 3: Honeymoon - 2

Chapter Fourty Three

34.2K 2.4K 543
By WriterAnisha_2307

Raichand Mansion, Delhi

Sonia and Yash are sitting in the living room, waiting anxiously for the Kapoor family to arrive for the dinner.

She plays with the end of her saree, while thinking of the reason for the sudden dinner. He sighs at her actions and releases the material from her grip to stop her actions.

Yash assures, "Calm down, Sonia. Ranveer must have planned this dinner as a gesture to have good relation with us. We have his daughter in our family, think from his perspective."

She shakes her head in denial and states with a doubt, "After one month, he has planned a dinner to maintain relations? I am telling you, he has something else running in his over-smart mind. He is Kavya's father."

Yash sighs in defeat and replies, "I know, but will stressing and making assumptions help? No, right. Just calm down and wait for them."

Sonia opens her mouth to speak, but a cheerful and familiar male voice interrupts her, "The wait is over my friend."

They turn and to find the Kapoor family entering the Mansion. Yash and Sonia stand to greet Ranveer and Nimrit, but when they greeted Myra, they sense the disappointment in her eyes. They knew the reason, so didn't react and accepted it with a smile.

Once settled on the couch, Ranveer initiates a conversation, "So, how is the old man and the gorgeous young lady doing?"

Sonia giggles and Yash asks with a glare, "She is young and I am old?"

Ranveer responds, "Of course, any doubt?"

Yash smirks and faces Nimrit to ask, "So Nimrit, how are you feeling after tolerating this crazy man for ages? I am sure you had a tough time, but don't hesitate to call me when you want to hide the dead body."

This time Nimrit giggles, making Ranveer glare and throw a cushion towards Yash. The women share a laugh, when Yash replies by throwing two cushions and one hits Ranveer's head.

Meanwhile Myra's phone vibrates and she finds a message notification from Ruhi.

Ruhi's Msg- Today Armaan came to pick Kavy. He thanked me for shifting to Mumbai and supporting her. He is being honest with his approach and I feel, he deserves a chance.

Myra's Reply- That's great. Hope, he stays honest and keeps Didu happy. I can't tolerate to see her upset.

Ruhi's Reply- Yeah :'(

Myra's Reply- Listen, right now I, Mamma and Papa have reached at Raichand Mansion for dinner, but Papa denied to inform Didu. What should I do? Tell her or not?

Ruhi's Reply- I think you should wait till the dinner is completed. If there is something important, then tell her or else don't, already she has so much to handle.

Myra's Reply- Ok. I will talk to you later.

Myra locks the screen and finds Ranveer and Yash still arguing. Nimrit jumps into their fight and snatches the cushion from the men's grip. She places the cushions aside and sits beside Ranveer.

Nimrit scolds Ranveer, "We came for an important motive and you have started a childish fight."

He gives an apologetic look, while the other three frown at her words.

Ranveer faces Sonia and Yash to ask, "We came for something important, but first we want to ask, how the business is running, is there any stress?"

Yash answers truthfully, "No, everything is settled now."

Nimrit smiles and Ranveer suggests with a grin, "That's great because I and Nimrit-"

He turns to face his smiling wife and turns back to continue, "We have planned honeymoon for Armaan and Kavya as a surprise gift."

Yash, Sonia and Myra stare at them in shock and murmur in union, "Honeymoon?"

Penthouse, RGC Office, Mumbai

Kavya stands against the floor length window of the sitting area and stares outside, while processing the events of the last night, sufficiently Armaan's way of handling her at the back of her mind.

Though Vikas had provided complete details of Riya's case and suicide to Armaan, it wasn't simple for anyone to assume what might have affected her last night. One needed to know her thinking process well to judge her actions before deciding a way to calm her.

However, the way Armaan handled by making her speak her heart out first. Then showing the right amount of dominance to stop her wild thoughts and grab her whole attention before giving the needed assurance on her each doubt and insecurity.

Kavya fails to deny Armaan indeed knew her and the way, she melted in his arms and didn't allow him to leave her side even for a second creates a fear in her senses.

He had left her once, he may do it again.

But Armaan's activities since morning kills every fear her alert mind was developing.

The hint of hurt, she ignored in the morning in his eyes, when she pushed him off the bed and took time to remember the events of last night. Then his sudden change in behaviour to annoy her and not allow to become upset on recollecting Riya's case. Plus, the incident happened in the basement and lastly their hug.

Kavya wraps her arms around herself, remembering how Armaan got her to the penthouse by carrying in his arms. Though she wants to blame her tiredness to not argue or ask him to allow her to walk, she cannot ignore the feeling of contentment during that time.

A part of her wished to rely on him to test, whether he can offer her the needed comfort and support or not. It wanted to give him a chance to prove her, whether he was serious to seek forgiveness and give their relationship another chance.

She closes her eyes as she recollects the slight disappointment her heart experienced, when Armaan informed he had to go back after making her comfortable on the couch. But it was important as he had to send Varun back at the police station and needed to take care of some paper work, regarding the same.

Kavya eyes open to see her hands as the memory of her fight with Varun clouds her mind.

She realises, Armaan could have asked his bodyguard or the police officers to hurt Varun. But he didn't, he allowed her to hurt the person, who caused pain to Riya, to her and might cause pain to Geetika, if he wasn't exposed at the right time.

Armaan knew, she needed to hurt him with her own hands for giving justice to Riya with whom she compared herself. He knew, she needed to feel strong and confident, who can fight her battles and not end up dead as Riya.

Another realisation downs on her face as she recollects Varun was already vulnerable and weak to even fight against her. It can be assumed, he was starved the whole day and the ropes were tightly secured around his wrist, plus there was low ventilation in the basement. He was enough tortured to not survive longer.

Undoubtedly Armaan wanted her to fight him for her own satisfaction. But he was cautious of her state of mind and didn't wanted to cross the limits.

He was confident, she won't use the knife to hurt Varun and will prefer to use her hands. But he stayed close by as he was aware, if the fight lasted longer than she might lose her senses again and hurt Varun more than intended.

Kavya fails to stop herself from accepting, Armaan knew her more than she can assume, he does.

It gave her mixed feeling, a part was happy with his efforts and care, whereas another part still felt suspicious with his change of approach.

Kavya closes her eyes again and thinks, 'Why Armaan.....why are you doing this now, when I had prepared myself to live without you.'

Suddenly, she feels a presence behind her and opens eyes as a strong woody fragrance fills her nostrils, silently indicating who has returned.

Kavya demands in whisper without turning around, "Why?"

Armaan whispers back, "You know."

She lowers her gaze and thinks, 'But I am still scared to believe you after what you have done.'

However she doesn't say a word to him and remains quiet, staring outside the window.

Armaan walks closer and places his hand over her shoulder. He turns her to face him and stares in her innocent, teary eyes.

He cups her face with both hands and caresses her cheeks​ with his thumbs, trying to provide her the comfort, she needs. But it only increases her dilemma.

Armaan suggests after a moment of silence, "Can we just forget this situation for a while and enjoy a night together as we did prior to our marriage?"

A wave of sadness overpowers her senses and Kavya removes his hand from her face. Armaan doesn't react, sensing the pain and hurt, clouding her eyes with a hint of fear, which stabs his heart.

She demands, "Do you think, we can act or behave as we did prior to our marriage? Is there anything left between us, Armaan?"

He answers confidently, "There is, Kavya."

She demands impatiently with teary eyes, "Then tell me what is between us? Tell me now in loud and clear words."

Raichand Mansion, Delhi

Nimrit and Ranveer's smiles​ drop, gazing Sonia and Yash's stunned faces. They give each other a confused look and turn back to face them.

Ranveer asks with confusion, "Did we say something wrong?"

Yash forces a smile and assures, "No, it's just that you surprised us as well because we didn't expect you to plan a honeymoon for them."

Nimrit speaks before her husband can react, "Actually, this is my plan. I was concerned for them, they belong to different lifestyle and they didn't get enough time before marriage, plus now they are working. So, I thought to send them on honeymoon."

Sonia states with a forced smile, "That's a great idea, Nimrit."

Nimrit smiles and Sonia whispers to Yash, "Will Kavya agree?"

Yash whispers back, "I am worried for Armaan as well."

Meanwhile Myra thinks, 'Didu won't be comfortable, I should stop them.'

Myra faces her father to convince him, "But Papa, by sitting here, how can we assume everything is normal there."

Her parents stare at her in confusion and she clarifies, "I mean to say, Papa you are a businessman, you know one mistake takes months to rectify, then how can we expect, everything to be normal in two months? We should wait for a month or two more. There is no compulsion to go on honeymoon within few weeks of marriage. They can go later."

Nimrit and Ranveer stay confused with her disapproval, whereas Yash and Sonia understand the reason behind her words and decide to help her in cancelling the honeymoon plan.

Yash compliments with a smile, "Your daughter is very understanding, Ranveer."

Myra lowers her gaze and he continues, "She is right, I can say everything is normal, but not perfect. Still a few matters are needed to be taken care of and Armaan is signing another new project this week. So, I doubt they can go in this month."

Nimrit's eyes saddens at his word and Yash assures, "But we can definitely plan for a month later."

Sonia stiffens at his words and Yash places his hand over her knee, silently asking her to relax.

Nimrit smiles and asks, "Ok, we have waited so long, then we can wait for a month more. But we can at least discuss the place, how about Paris?"

Sonia agrees with a smile, "Yes, it's a beautiful place."

Nimrit, Sonia and Yash start planning their honeymoon, except Ranveer, who suspiciously stares at her daughter and mentally analysis the reason for her behaviour.

He thinks, 'First she wasn't happy seeing their dance in the party....now gave excuses for postponing honeymoon....what is running in my little one's mind?'

His attention is grabbed by Nimrit, who asks his inputs for the honeymoon plan and he enters the discussion with others.

Myra takes a deep breath as she was aware of her father's suspicious stare, yet ignored it. She needed to help Kavya, who was had suffered for a month for her well-being. Now, it was her turn to protect her sister.

She thinks, 'Sorry Papa, but this is for Didu's comfort. She is still stressed with everything and needs time.'

Penthouse, RGC Office, Mumbai

Armaan takes a step closer and confesses, staring into her eyes, "In clear words, we are married and I believe in this marriage now. I have considered you as my wife and I want to take care of you, Kavya. I want this relationship to grow and progress."

How much ever Kavya was longing to hear these words, yet a part of her didn't allow her heart to celebrate this moment and reminded her of the days she cried and suffered because of him.

Kavya states with moistened eyes, "So convenient Mr. Raichand."

She pushes his chest lightly and continues, "So conveniently​ you change your mind and say, now I believe in this marriage and consider you as my wife."

Kavya pushes his chest again and Armaan doesn't stop her, allowing her to remove those feelings, which she has kept hidden deep in her heart.

She continues, "First, you deny everything without thinking of me and now, as per your convenience and comfort, you declare, you consider me as your wife."

She takes a hold of his blazer with both hands and pulls him closer to ask, "Does my thinking, my feelings, my decisions ever matter to you? It's you, who have always made the decision of what should happen in our relationship. What about me?"

Armaan asks with promising eyes, "What do you want? Tell me, we will only follow your orders and you can punish me for my deeds."

Kavya shifts her gaze away and chuckles bitterly before repeating his words, "We will only follow my orders and I can punish you for your deeds."

Armaan frowns and stares in her hurtful eyes as she turns to face him and pulls him closer with his blazer.

Kavya retorts in a harsh tone, "This is not your business deal, Mr. Armaan Raichand, where you have to follow certain points written in the contract and claim compensation for the mistakes."

She yells in frustration, "This is my life, which you have ruined and punishing is not a solution."

Her words create a havoc in his senses, yet he stays silent and tries to understand, how to handle this situation. He is well aware of the damages, he had caused and was willing to do anything for rectification.

Kavya continues in a gradually lowering voice, "Punishment will.....will make it worst."

She tightens​ her hold on his blazer and confesses, "Because punishing you will only hurt me."

Tears escape from her eyes and she hits his chest with her fist, releasing his blazer, while murmuring, "It will only hurt me....only hurt me."

Armaan wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her in a hug and apologises, "I am sorry."

Kavya whispers, after resting her forehead against his chin and closing her eyes, "Your sorry is not helping, Armaan."

He asks, caressing her waist soothingly​, "What do you want me to do?"

She accuses in response, "You won't be able to do and leave me alone to cry again."

Armaan tightens his grip around her waist and promises, "I will never ever leave you, Kavya. I swear on my life to do anything and everything for you for the rest of my life. Just say."

Kavya orders, "Then return the past 75 days to me. Exactly 75 days back, you entered my life, so I want it back."

Armaan agrees without hesitation, "Ok. I will return these 75 days to you."

Kavya opens her eyes at his words and stare at him in confusion. She notices sincerity in his eyes, which increases her confusion and Armaan cups her face, leaving her waist.

He asks, while caressing her cheeks, "Do you want to start now?"

Unable to understand his intention, Kavya gives a short nod, eager to know how he will return those three months.

He states, "Wait a minute."

Armaan walks aside, removing his phone from his pant pocket in the process and stands 5 feet away. He calls someone and talks in whispers, not allowing Kavya to hear.

Once he disconnects the call, Armaan returns to her and wipes the remaining tears from her cheek with his thumb.

He cups her face and promises, "I won't disappoint you from now."

Kavya continues to stare at him with confusion, as he holds her hand and requests, "Come."

He takes her to the exit of the Penthouse, towards the elevator.

Kavya's Room, Armaan's Mansion

Armaan enters the room holding Kavya's hand and walks towards the bed. He leaves her hand to collect the shopping paper bag, placed on the bed and turns to face her.

He requests, "Can you please wear this?"

Kavya hesitates before taking the bag and nods. Armaan moves out of the room after smiling at her and allowing her to change.

Kavya removes the dress from the bag and finds a white color anarkali suit with white floral earrings. She frowns at the clothes, however wears it and combs her hair, leaving it open.

Outside the Room

Kavya opens the door to walk out and finds Armaan standing there, wearing a black three piece suit. He smiles, asking for her hand and she places her hand over his. He escorts her towards the staircase and climbs further upstairs.

Terrace

Armaan and Kavya reach at the terrace. She finds a small round table covered with lavender color cloth with 2 white chairs at the either sides. A butler is standing with a trolley, besides the table which has their dinner.

Realisation downs over her face and she places her hand over her stomach, caressing the fabric of her dress. She lowers her gaze to glance at her attire, then stares at him with surprise.

Armaan smiles and cups her face in his hands, before asking, "This is exactly how we had started, 75 days back, right?"

Kavya nods, without breaking the eye-lock and she remembers their first meeting in Kapoor Mansion in Delhi. Their outfits and dinner arrangements were similar as they had on that night.

Armaan states, "Let's relive this moment, Ms. Kavya Kapoor."

A small smile tucks at her lips and a lone tear escaped her left eye on hearing her old name from his mouth and Kavya nods, silently agreeing with his idea to return the days.

Armaan wipes the tear and takes a hold of her hand before walking towards the table. He pulls a chair for Kavya and helps her to sit comfortably.

He walks around to sit across the table and takes his seat. He gestures the butler to serve the dinner, then orders to leave.

Armaan initiates a conversation, "So apart from helping people and martial arts, what else are your interest?"

Kavya stares at him for a brief moment and answers in a low voice, "Sketching."

Armaan smiles and replies with a thank you, making Kavya smile and gestures her to eat.

During the dinner, Armaan continues to ask questions regarding her interests and informed certain facts relating himself with interest.

Armaan had determined to rectify every mistake, he made prior to their marriage of not paying attention to their meetings and chats.

He decided to know Kavya completely now to keep her happy and share everything about himself to earn her trust.

Kavya's participation in the conversation was hardly a quarter as compared to Armaan, which happens to be the reverse of what​ happened prior to their marriage.

By the end of the dinner, a spark of happiness reflected in Kavya's eyes, making Armaan content with his efforts.

Though this is a time consuming process, Armaan felt confident, one day he will win her trust back and keep her happy.

************

That's all for now.....will update next part as soon as possible.....hope you liked this part, do give your reviews...till then Keep Smiling and Take Care

My contact details:

Wattpad Profile - @WriterAnisha_2307
Email- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Hangout- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Facebook - Anisha (Link - https://www.facebook.com/worldofanisha)
Twitter - worldofanisha
Instagram- Anisha_23_07

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Wafai By B.

Romance

410K 37.6K 27
β€’ A Marriage in Trouble Romance β€’ His dream was to see his business roar and touch new heights. Her dream was to have a perfect family she missed out...
772K 42.4K 65
β•°β”ˆβž€She is suspense secret Will he solve her? β•°β”ˆβž€She is broken Will he console her Agreement between their parents can make the vows between them suce...
15.4K 1.5K 24
--Slow Updates-- **Keshavi Mishra Γ— Arjun Sharma** Keshavi who is suffering from her insecurities and have trust issues towards me...
9.3K 363 18
first of all thankyou all of you for giving me a chance to write this wonderful story so lets begain Akshat agnihotri A cold,arrogant.ruthless ceo of...