Finding Mr Right ✔️

Bởi chimyxoxo

"Here." He places the ball in my hands. "Let's try a different approach." He stands right behind me as my hea... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
Author's Note

Chapter 22

56 3 0
Bởi chimyxoxo

We're currently heading to the hotel for the reception. To me, it's the best part of a wedding. The tension in the car this time around isn't as thick as before since we're talking lightly.

"I'd love my wedding to be just like theirs." Bianca, whose name I learnt recently, sighed dreamily as we all chuckle. I'm guessing she's a hopeless romantic.

"Uh, no way. I want mine to be hotter. Like my husband must sweep me off my feet when he wants to kiss me- like literally must." Another one of Mia's cousins, Vanessa, butted in earning amused looks from us.

"What about you?" Lisa, the third bridesmaid who is James' cousin, asks.

"Me?" I ask for clarification, after I noticed them all looking at me expectantly. She smiles with a nod. "Oh. Well, I guess I'd love my wedding to be blissful; I want it to be the true pronouncement of two people that'll always be there for each other and will love each other no matter what. I want it to be promising and long lasting." I finished off with a smile as I meantl every word.

"Awwn, that's both realistic and fantasy-ish. I love it." Lisa gushes as she claps her which I grin to. I like her personality cause she's like Mia; vibrant and full of life.

As time goes by, we keep making small talk till we get to the hotel. It's huge and well decorated in the wedding's colour codes which makes it look more elegant than usual.

We all get down from the car as we join the crowd of people at the entrance as the photographer starts yelling "the newly Wed!"

James and Mia stand on the platform changing poses as the cameramen does his job.

After taking pictures for more than an hour, guests proceeded to take their seats in the specially decorated section of the hotel for the reception. We(bridesmaids and groomsmen) trailed behind James and Mia sitting on a slightly elevated platform. Mia and James are at the middle, while the rest of us sit on a straight line perpendicular to them; bridesmaids on one side and the groomsmen on the other.

The master of the ceremony, Dean, who is quite popular, stands on the stage to kickoff the event. From my seat, I spot mum, dad, Marissa, Leone and Duke (James' father) as they were seated on one table. On another, I also spotted Mr Simon which puts a small smile on my face because it shows he cared at least.

I keep looking around as Dean mentions the newly wed and carries the crowd along, till I spotted him- Thomas. I got a sickening feeling as I saw Bailey with him as all hope of her not latching onto his arm the whole time withered away. His tie was the same colour with her dress. Big surprise. I look away as fast as I can. Today, I'm going to have fun no matter what and no one's going to ruin the day for me.

"At this stage i'd love to call on the chief bridesmaid who goes by the name, Dianna Amore and is also the stunning Mrs Lockworth's best friend. Uh... Mr Lockworth, no harm intended." He apologizes with a cheeky grin as everyone laughed.

I stand, smoothening out my dress before making my way to the platform as people clap and cheer though some whistle which makes me blush a little. I take the microphone from Dean, as he fades into the background.

"Wow! Where do I start?" I joke as a few chuckle. "Okay," I begin with a sigh. "Mia and I have been best friends since middle school and we've always been stuck with each other. We've had each others back, quarreled a few times but we always got back on track cause we understand each other and we've got a special bond. It wasn't until we went to college that she found James," I state with a smile, as I glance at them "and they've been as strong as anyone could ever imagine. I remember how whenever they fought, Mia would come over and rant, then cry, then rant and continue the process. Even when he told her about him leaving the state for a while to visit his grandparents; she had feigned a look of happiness but when he left, oh my God!" I exclaim as everyone laughs. "Though she told me not to spill. Love you Mia." I smile as I blow her a kiss. She glares at me for a while jokingly before catching the kiss and placing it on her chest, which causes a few 'awwns' to erupt from the crowd.

I turn back around, becoming solemn as I get to the main part of it all. "James is an amazing guy for her and they are perfect together. They won't do anything to hurt each other purposely and they are deeply in love with each other. From the very start, I knew it'd come to this because they are perfectly in sync with each other and though I'm happy for them, I'll miss her so so much that it hurts." I smile though it was pretty obvious that my tear glands are warming up. The hall is eerily silent as they listen keenly, while glasses of champagne are being dropped on everyone's table. "But I know it's for a good cause; it's time for her to show how amazing she is: as a wife, soul mate, mother and better more, a friend." I finish as a tear rolls down my cheek.

I'm about to continue when in a haze, I catch a glimpse of a white fabric before being engulfed in a bone crushing hug. I hug her back with every fibre of my being because an hour after the reception, they're catching a flight to Italy immediately. A few tears streamed down my face and from the hot drops of tears I feel on my back, I guess she's crying as well.

Against our will we pull away. "Hey, don't cry. It's your special day; a day of happiness and celebration." I coax as I carefully wipe the tears away from her face while she wiped away mine. "You're lucky the mascara is waterproof." I joke as she chuckled. "Now now, step aside lady let me finish up my speech." She shoots me an amused look going back to her seat. "Well wasn't that a great opera?" I joke as people laugh. On instinct, I look in Thomas's direction and I regret it seeing how cuddly he is with Bailey with his hands holding hers on the table. I quickly look away, hoping I wasn't caught.

"Anyways," I motion for one of the waiters to come closer, as I take a glass from his tray bsfore he continues serving others. "I would... "

Sh*t! He came!

My throat bobs anxiously. As soon as he closes the door and turns around, his eyes land on me, silently scrutinizing me before locking eyes with mine and shooting me his famous smirk, which makes me scoff inwardly.

Way to kill the moment, hotshot!

I clear my throat and continue, "I would love to make a toast." I say with a grin, raising my glass. "To Mr and Mrs Lockworth, for unending love in their marital life." I finish off as everyone clinks their glasses and takes sips of their champagne. I take a sip of my own as I make my way towards my seat, while loud cheers and claps erupt in the hall.

As Dean carries on, I take long sips of champagne while discreetly looking at the crowd. Instantly, my eyes landed on Thomas as we stare at each other for a while before I avert my gaze. That doesn't do me any good because now, I'm staring straight in to Blake's eyes and he doesn't make any attempt to break the eye contact- for some reason, I can barely look away. After sometime, I tear my gaze away as my cheeks flame up.

Get yourself together, Dianna! My conscience warns as I fix my eyes on Dean as he smoothly anchors the event.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

It's now time for refreshments though Dean continues cracking jokes on stage. People bustle around greeting other people they know in merriment.

I stand from my seat as I walk towards my family's table.

"Angel." Dad acknowledges me with a hug once I get to their table. I'm really glad he could make it since I know how busy he usually is.

"Mumm" I greet hugging her.

"Well someone's looking dashing today." Dad compliments, while i twirl around in my dress earning a laugh from him.

"So, have you guys been having fun?" I ask, as we sit.

"Of course, the wedding has been amazing. You guys did an incredible job planning this." Dad remarks, as he takes a sip of his drink while mum and I grin and do a little victory dance.

"It's too bad Debby isn't here." I sigh with a pout. "I miss her so much." I says a bit emotional as I tap the table. After a while, I look up noticing neither of them responded. "Uh... So you guys don't miss her anymore?" I ask quite confused cause normally, they'd make a comment or two concerning how much we all miss her.

They still don't respond,which makes me feel uneasy especially with the looks they have on their faces.

"Okay something's definitely wrong. What's wrong?" I scrutinize them as my heart rate increases. Just then, someone taps me which made me jump a little.

"Sorry, I... " I begin, but stop immediately as I stare at the person behind me. "Debby!!" I shriek, springing onto my feet and attacking her with a bone crushing hug.

She laughs wrapping her arms around me. "I'm guessing you missed me."

"Missed you?!" I shriek again, "Words cannot even describe how much I've missed you." I grin as I pull away in order to examine her face. "Gosh! No one even told me you were coming." I whine casting an unbelievable look at our parents while they smile sheepishly.

"I wanted it to be a surprise." she says, as I look back at her.

"Well this a really big surprise." I exclaim as we all laugh. "I'm so glad you're here." I pout as she rubs my cheek.

"I'm so glad I'm here too and I've got a whole load of gist." She grins at me with a wink.

"So wait, we don't get gist too." dad asks with a pout as mum rubs his back. Debby and I giggle.

"Honey, of course you would... Just not from them." Mom responds while kissing his cheek. "Why don't you guys catch up. We'll check out the hotel." Mum says as she steers dad away.

Once they are out of sight, Debby's eyes pierces through mine. "So... " She begins with a wicked grin I've known all my life to mean- Tell. Me. Everything...

Sooooo part two of the wedding. I've got a lot planned for this wedding. There are still more mind blowing things to come so keep reading😁😁😁😘😘😘...

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

24.9K 3.9K 43
"I'm breaking my boundaries for you, I'm boxing every negative thought of mine, I'm literally going my way out for you...please don't hurt me." "Neve...
149K 6.4K 45
Diana Prichard learned early on about how much of a bitch life could be. Forced to abandon the one she loves and marry a monster to save her father...
1.3M 51.2K 47
My life should be great. I have an amazing job with one of the biggest event management companies around, and I have a wonderful boyfriend. Oh wait...
78.9K 6.1K 44
Infertility! A simple word but can create havoc in a woman's life. Specifically, if that said woman's husband is having an affair with his long-time...