Waves Of You {CEO}

By kaitly-nicole

He chewed on his bottom lip, these alien feelings spreading like wildfire through his insides. Her deep blue... More

one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight

three

40 2 0
By kaitly-nicole

I hope you all enjoy. :)

****
'Her piercing blue eyes bore into his, filled with tears. He felt all of his heart strings being pulled at, he couldn't stand to see her cry. "Why did you do this to me?" The man couldn't come up with a legitimate excuse. He had been cheating on her. After four years of being with her, the spark had went dull and he couldn't find it within himself to leave her. After all, she was his first love. 'Aiden, answer me!' She said sternly, the tears threatening to spill over. 'I-I love you. I always will, but the spark has faded. Please don't cry.' Anger flared in the young girls eyes, how could he even dare say he loved her when he was just in bed with another woman? She narrowed his eyes at him, her tiny body shaking with anger. 'I want you out of my house and I want you out now. I gave you four years of my life only to have you waste all of them. Don't you know how much this hurts me? Aiden nodded his head. She thought he was a pathetic excuse for a man and from that moment on, she promised herself she would never love again.'
***
Noah jumped at the sound of his name. He opened his eyes wearily, only to be met with the wide blue eyes of Emberly. He thought they looked much like the girl in his vision, but he couldn't be sure it was her. He only ever seen the girls eyes in his vision and nothing else. Not her face, hair, body or anything. 'A lot of people have blue eyes.' He thought to himself.

"Sleeping the day away are we?" She chuckled, taking a seat in one of the chairs before him.

"I guess you could say something like that." He knew she wouldn't believe him if he had said anything about his visions. Only his parents knew about them, and even they couldn't tell him what they meant.

"Well get your lazy butt up, I'm starving." Noah laughed at her, hearing his own stomach rumble.

"It seems I am too. What would you like?" He asked, grabbing his coat from the door.

"Italian sounds delicious."

"Italian it is then." He nodded her way and opened the door for her. He was surprised at his actions, seeing as he wasn't normally this nice. The vision had him shaken up, as they would often leave him.

Emberly walked ahead of him, wondering why he was being so nice to her. Normally huge CEO's were buttholes but this one seems different. She felt eyes staring into her back, she turned her head ever so slightly to see Mr. Axel staring at her long red locks.

"Is that your natural color?" Emberly scoffed.

"Yes and do you always stare down your assistants?" She asked, pressing the down button for the elevator.

"Wait, don't answer that." She said as she stepped onto the elevator.

"Normally I don't, no." Emberly laughed, not believing the man beside her.

"Sure. Anyways, what kind of meeting do you have tomorrow?"

"I'm supposed to be partnering with French Industries, if all goes as planned. They will be a huge investment for my company." Emberly nodded her head, she knew eventually she would get the hang of things but for now, most of this was a foreign language. She loved she had her own office though, it made her feel like those years in college finally paid off.

She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She was weary of taking it from her pocket. It was an old IPhone, that looked like it had been to hell and back.

"We need to get you another one of those." She heard from in front of her, she looked at the callers name and hit reject. He was the last person she wanted to talk too.

"You mean I need to get me another one of these, I've had this since I was eighteen."

"I have to treat my employees well or else they won't stay with me. Besides, I need you to be up to date for better communication."

"I'm not sure if I'm ready to part with this old thing." Emberly laughed. This phone had been with her through everything.

"It's time for a much needed upgrade. Isn't this pasta just delicious?"

"It isn't the only thing at this table that is delicious." Emberly smiled. She could see the shock in Noah's eyes. She burst out laughing.

"This tea is divine." She said in between her laughter, taking a huge sip. For once in his lifetime, Noah could feel his own cheeks heat up. This woman was giving him unknown feelings left and right. He wasn't even sure he had feelings before she waltzed into his life a day ago.

"Anywho, what shall I bring to the meeting tomorrow?"

"Just a notepad and pen. I will need you to write down a lot of information. This could break or make my company." Emberly nodded, taking the last bite of her Chicken Alfredo. There was no doubt that she was stuffed but when the waitress came back out and asked if she wanted dessert, she couldn't resist a slice of cheesecake.

"Is this together or separate?" The waitress asked, batting her eyes at Mr. Axel. He took notice of that and smiled in her direction.

"Together please." Emberly opened her mouth to protest, she was totally capable of paying for her own meal.

"I told you I have to treat my employees well." Emberly rolled his eyes at him. She normally didn't like for anyone to buy her meal, she felt guilty even if that person was a multi-millionaire and had plenty of money to spare.

"Thank you." She mused, shoving her phone back into her purse. She wished he would stop calling her. Each time she seen his name, her stomach would drop and those feelings of that night came rushing back to her. She shook the feeling off, excusing herself to the ladies room.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror, seeing her red lipstick had only just come off. She couldn't stand not having any lipstick on, she felt dead without it. Taking the tube from her purse, she expertly applied the lipstick and smiled at herself in the mirror. She made her way back out to the table, seeing Noah slip his jacket back on. She couldn't help but notice his muscles as he moved. She could feel her heart speeding up. Damn he was such a fine man, but she knew looks weren't everything. Her mind quickly thought back to the promise she had made her self only a year ago and sighed. Why did all of the unfortunate things happen to her?

"Are you ready?" Emberly nodded her head, taking one last sip of her tea and following Mr. Axel out of the door. The walk back to his office seemed awfully long, even though it were only about a five minute walk. It was chilly outside seeing as it was November in Manhattan. Once they were back in his office, he handed her a stack of papers.

"This was submitted yesterday, I haven't had any time to read over it so that's why I'm asking you. You can write down any thoughts you have and when I have the time I will read over them. Hopefully this one is a winner."

Emberly felt the excitement bubble up inside of her. She had always wanted to read manuscripts of books and help those wanting authors get published.

"I'm so excited. I will get right on it, sir!" She smiled, taking the papers in her hands and making her way to her office. She sat down in the huge comfortable chair and began to read away. From the first line she could tell this one was unique and different. Just exactly what this company needed. After reading the last page, she found herself wanting to read more of it. She took out a sticky note and wrote her thoughts down.

'This is definitely a winner! With a few minor fixes. I believe this would be great for your company Mr. Axel!'

Emberly smiled, satisfied that this would be the next big thing in this company. She had her fingers crossed Mr. Axel thought the same. She stayed seated for a few more moments before deciding to get up. She made her way back to his office which was only two doors down and knocked vigorously.

"Come in."

"So I read over this and Mr. Axel, I think I have the next big thing right here in my hands. I think it will do your company great wonders." Noah looked at her in awe. Normally his assistants would just bring it back and try to seduce him. He could tell she was different and just the kind of different he was longing for. Not once has she tried to push herself onto him and make him uncomfortable. He could tell she was truly here for the job and to him that was an indication that he had found a keeper not only for the company, but himself too.

"Thank you Ms. Novell. That was all I needed you to do for me today. I will see you again tomorrow bright and early!" Emberly internally groaned but smiled at him anyways, letting her gaze linger on his for a few moments. His hazel eyes bore into hers and she couldn't help the involuntary shiver that ran down her spine.

"See you later!" She called, feeling his gaze still on her back.

Noah watched intently as she left, her gaze still burning in his mind. Those eyes seemed very familiar to him but yet he couldn't place it. He sighed heavily and closed his laptop. He grabbed his coat from the door and as he was exiting the building, he found himself growing excited for tomorrow.

***

Uh oh things are beginning to get interesting! Is it just me or can you guys feel the connection between these two already? :P As always don't forget to Vote, Fan, and Comment. Each and every comment, vote and fan is very appreciated! I love you guys so much!

-Katie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 7.4K 55
ရိပ်ချေ ကိုကြီးကိုချစ်တယ် ။ ကိုကြီးလည်း ရိပ်ချေကိုချစ်လာရင် ဖွင့်ပြောပေးနော် ။ နွေဦးရိပ်ချေ 🍀 နေမခန်း & နွေဦးရိပ်ခ...
150K 2.6K 130
NOT MY STORY, NOR MY TRANSLATION For Offline Reading Purpose Only Author(s) 鹿迟 Summary Sheng MuMu was transmigrated into a novel. While others transm...
4.3M 236K 49
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
647K 28.6K 41
ဒီဇတ်လမ်းလေးကတော့ ချမ်းသာတဲ့အလွှာကြားက စုံတွဲတစ်တွဲရဲ့အိမ်ထောင်ရေးပဏိပက္ခတွေအကြောင်းကိုရေးဖွဲ့ထားတာပါ။ မိန်းခလေးတိုင်းရဲ့ အိမ်မက်ကချမ်းသာတဲ့အမျိုးသား...