For The Love Of Food |NY•2 ✅

Od JessicaMorel0

Mark Jacobs is a Chef with three Michelin Stars after his name. He is head chef and owner of a fancy New York... Více

Authors Note
Prologue
One
Three
For The Love Of Food - Now On Inkitt

Two

6K 207 8
Od JessicaMorel0

Ok if I'm going to lunch with Mark it means cancelling my plans with Maddie. I hope she is ok with it. I know she misses Dylan.

The lift doors click open and I step out and head towards the studio. I walk passed Nicole who is looking majorly stressed out I'm guessing Mrs Washington has given her a thousand jobs to do this morning. The studio door is open as models and photographers are coming in and out.

"Morning Amber"

"Oh morning Matt" he is my favourite out of the InStyle photographers. Maybe because he was the one to suggest me to Mrs Washington.

I grab my first outfit off the rack and get changed. When I come back out Maddie enters with Dylan and three Starbucks coffees.

"Dylan hey! You're back," I say making my way to them.

"Hi Amber. Couldn't stay away" he wraps his arm around Maddie pulling her into his side. So sweet!

"Got enough coffee Mads?"

"One if for you" she hands me the steaming paper cup.

"I can't do lunch today" the two of us say in unison. We laugh.

"Mark?"

"Dylan?"

"Why don't you and Mark come over for dinner?" Maddie suggests.

"Really? That would be great." I reply, "Hey aren't you wearing the same clothes as last night?"

...

I have never had a girlfriend. Ever. I'm a serial first dater but when I met Amber something in me snapped. I wanted to be with her. To touch her, to kiss her, even just to see her. We even did the whole valentines thing. I cooked for her. Prepared at least twenty dishes all involving chocolate and she made me a very happy man with lingerie that her and 'Victoria' have been keeping a secret. It was low key but it suited us. Amber has changed me, suddenly I'm the guy who texts someone 'goodnight' every night. Except last night... I know that is why she was disappointed. Stupid Dylan I was helping him with his late Valentine's surprise for Maddie and completely spaced. I step into the lobby of the InStyle building and see Amber chatting with a group of other models my steps slow as I get closer, taking a chance to eardrop.

"Come on Amber come to lunch!" Jocelyn Peters asks, argh, that chick irks me!

"I can't Jocelyn I have plans"

"With Mark?" clarifies one of the models that I don't know.

"Uh huh" Amber replies and I can hear her blush in her voice, "We are doing lunch"

"Mark huh? And what does he do?" Jocelyn asks, her tone condescending.

"He is a chef"

"Gross really? A little blue collar don't you think?" Seriously bitch! Come at me!

"Jocelyn!" scolds the unknown model, "Amber likes this guy! Be nice"

"I'm just saying that Amber can do better." Sick of this conversation I pick up my pace and approach the group.

"Hey there gorgeous," I say from behind Amber. Before she can say anything Jocelyn responds.

"Hi cutie, like what you see? I'm Jocelyn, that's Amber and this is Lea. What's your name?"

"I'm Mark," I watch the colour drain from Jocelyn's face. Not as ugly as you thought I'd be huh? "You ready babe?"

I wrap my arm possessively around Amber's waist and she nods.

"Bye girls, I'll see you tomorrow" We turn and walk out onto the street, "You heard what she said didn't you?"

"I may have been listening"

"I'm sorry"

"Amber. It isn't you. She is a cow, I don't give a damn what she thinks about me."

Amber pulls out of my grasp as we walk. I'm not totally forgiven... "So where are we going Chef Man?"

"Sushi bar on 41st street. Sound ok?"

"Mmm"

...

What I failed to mention was that we'd be making the sushi ourselves.

"I can't believe we are doing this! Are you sure they don't mind?" Amber says as the kitchen crew leaves us with everything we need to make our delicious lunch.

"Yuki and I go way back. So what do you want on your sushi?"

Amber's lips tug up into a grin, "uh... salmon...and pickles...and peanut butter...and olives...and –"

"Ok, ok stop taking the piss. How about smoked salmon and avocado to start and then you can create your disgusting sushi"

"Disgusting?" Amber scoffs.

"Yeah you heard me. My cooking is wasted on you and your ridiculous tastes. You have the palette of a pregnant woman!" I laugh as I start rolling our first scrumptious morsel.

"Hey!"

"Kidding... sort of" I smirk as she whacks my arm.

"I just love food!"

"Me too gorgeous" I hold up the first finished product. "Here try this"

Amber opens her mouth for me to pop the sushi inside. "Mmm..."

"Good?" I ask as I try my own piece.

"Very. Thanks for this Mark. I'm having fun"

"I'm glad. I have to apologise Amber I didn't mean to not text last night I just –"

"Mark, it is ok. You don't need to apologise it just made me realise that I'm taking this a little more serious than you"

"What...no Amber. I was helping Dylan with something and I just... look that isn't important. I am taking this seriously...I swear"

"What are we to each other Mark? When my family called this morning I told them that I wasn't seeing anyone... did I lie?"

"Amber..."

"Let's not talk about it now. Let's just have fun. Oh and I told Maddie and Dylan we'd have dinner with them later" she smiles and begins rolling her own sushi.

I don't have girlfriends. I certainly don't do relationships. I don't want to give this up though...

...

"I think I blew it man," I whisper to Dylan while Amber and Maddie set the table in Dylan's apartment.

"Tell her how you feel" Dylan offers.

"But ... I don't do girlfriends"

"Mark, you have been hanging out with, texting, calling and doting on this girl for almost a month. I hate to break it to you bro but she already is your girlfriend you just haven't told her"

Holy shit! He is right... I have a girlfriend. Amber Bishop is my girlfriend. That gorgeous blonde, tanned, Australian bombshell is my girlfriend.

...................................

Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment! 

A/N: Updated a few hours earlier cos I'm feeling generous. Please let me know what you think! I'm keen to see if people are actually interested. I have almost another twenty chapters planned out so far and it just keeps coming ;)

Follow me! 

Also check out my other works!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
382K 3.4K 7
Meet Rosella Patterson, the eighteen year old daughter of the rich businessman Jace Patterson. She has everything: great parents,friends,good looks...
51.8K 1K 18
Everyone wants him he's rich he's sexy he's amazing plus he's rich. All the women in his company wants to either date or have a one night stand with...
1.7M 110K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...