Mr. Book Store

By alwaysbeingme17

McKinley Davis is trying to kick start her career as a book writer. Already working for a writing company at... More

Outlook On Life~1
The Reason Why~2
Mount McKinley~3
I feel protected here~4
Christmas Time~5
The Feeling~6
Sleeping Habits~7
Time Of Need~8
Did you...?~9
to be loved and to be in love~10
How did we end up here?~11
If You Don't Know~12
McKinley's Birthday~13
Period.~14
His life, Her Life~15
The Proposal~16
When You're In Love~17
So In Love~19
Lessons Learned~20
Emotions~21
Always more~22
Can I sleep in your bed?~23
True Love~ 24
What More?~25
Filler~26
Mine~27
Her Choice~28
New Beginnings~29
Moving In~30
One Year~31
Sick Days~32
The Future~33
Christmas Time~34
Vegas!~ 35
Kids with a plan~36
Big Decisions~37
Final~38

Don't let me go~18

28 0 0
By alwaysbeingme17

MR BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 18

MCKINLEY P.O.V

"Luke!" I shouted waking him up. We had spent the night as his place for his birthday the following Friday after his birthday. I had cooked a meal and we sat around watching movies. After he went to bed, I started watching conspiracy theories and they were blowing my mind. 

"Kin, it's four in the morning." He mumbled. 

"I know but did you know that a munchin killed them self on the set of The Wizard of Oz and you can see it hanging from a tree in one of the scenes?" I questioned as I clicked on another video on youtube. 

"That's not true." 

"Luke, the proof is right there." I commented. I couldn't believe that he didn't believe me. "You're literally no fun." 

"What else did you find out?" 

"Taylor Swift is actually a satanist." 

"Okay, that's far fetched." He answered as he rested his head on my chest. I played with his hair as the video played. I had the volume down to make sure I didn't wake him but then I did anyway. 

"I never said that I believed it." 

"But you believe that a character from The Wizard of Oz killed themselves?" He asked and I nodded. He chuckled a little while we both watched the screen, listening as different things pop up about different famous people. "Louis Tomlinson is so gay." He mumbled and I lightly hit his head. 

"Are you saying that in a mean way because that's rude?" I questioned. 

"Maybe a little of both. He really could be with that other guy." I shrugged as I took a sip of the water that I had on his nightstand. "Babe?" He questioned. 

"Yeah?" 

"Can you like.... Oh I don't know, go the fuck to sleep?" He asked. 

"Fine." I huffed as I closed my laptop down and cuddled next to him. But of course, I couldn't sleep. My mind was racing. 

"Go to sleep." He mumbled when I turned over for the fifth time. 

"I can't!" I shouted angry that my body wouldn't just shut down. He began rubbing my back under my shirt. His finger's lightly ghosted over my skin making goosebumps rise on the surface but someone calming me. 

"I love you." He mumbled as I kissed his nose.

"I love you." I answered keeping my eyes closed. 

Luke woke me up the next morning asking if I would make him coffee because he can't. He's a liar he just wanted me to get out of bed.

"No." I whined as I rolled away from him and pulled the covers over my head. I really did not want to get out of bed. 

"Please?" 

"No." He then laid beside me rubbing my stomach. "What time is it?" 

"11." He answered. "I've waited hours for a cup of coffee." 

"There's a coffee shop a few streets over." I turned to face him. "Why didn't you just go buy one?" 

"Cause I'm lazy." He groaned. "Please, baby? I'll do anything you want." He answered pouting his lips and holding his hands together. 

"Anything?" I questioned. 

"Anything." He answered. I got out of the bed and quickly made him coffee. "What do I have to do?" He questioned as I handed him the mug. 

"You're gonna rub my back whenever I want." 

"That's it?" I nodded. "I do that anyway." I rolled my eyes. 

"You do not. You always complain when I ask. The only reason you sometimes do it is to help me sleep." I laid back down as he sat beside me with his cup of coffee. I covered my face with a pillow as I tried to go back to sleep. He rubbed my back lightly as he watched the t.v. "I can't sleep." I sighed turning to look at him. 

"I'm sorry." He answered. I huffed and got up, going to get some coffee. "What should we do today?" He questioned. 

"Work. I have a huge report due on Friday and I'm not even halfway done." I answered. 

"What do you do report on?" He questioned. 

"Sometimes it's about meetings, other times it's about someone's writing. But this time, its about New York Times. We had a huge meeting with them and they're trying to see who would be the best to work for them. Not sure if I want to work there but it would be pretty cool." I smiled. 

"That'll be nice. Should we go and get some food before you start on your work?" He questioned. 

"Sure." I smiled. "But I need to shower first." 

"Alright, I'm gonna take the dog on a walk." He said as he got his shoes on. "And it's already super hot out there." He kissed me as he left and I quickly went to his bathroom to shower. I showered before getting out and putting on one of his shirts and a pair of shorts. 

I fixed my hair just as he came back and went to the kitchen to get him and the dog some water. 

"Hi." I said coming into the kitchen. "Ready to go?" 

"Yeah." He grabbed his keys before we left and headed off to the city to get some food. "Can we just go to Target before we go back? I gotta pick up some stuff." 

"Sure." I answered as he made his way to the parking under the Target. "I need to get some new bath towels. Some boy that shower's in my house makes them stinky." 

"I am not stinky." He defended. 

"I mean, you kinda are." I answered. "I also need a new bathing suit."

"Can I pick it out?" He asked and I rolled my eyes. "Please?" 

"Fine but I'll get two. You pick one and I'll pick one. It has to cover my ass and boobs." I commented as we walked hand in hand into the store. We walked to get what he needed first before heading over to the bathing suit section. He picked one out that was decent but was no where near my size. "Okay, lets go." I said as I placed them both into the carriage and we went to check out. "Want something from Starbucks?" I questioned as I walked away. 

"My regular." He answered as he paid for the stuff and met me at Starbucks. "You're gonna look so good in that bikini." He whispered in my ear making me giggle. "Why did you need them?" 

"Courtney is having a pool party. We're invited." I answered. It wouldn't be the first time I was bringing Luke around work people but it would be the first time of him being shirtless and wet around work people. 

*LUKE P.O.V*

As McKinley worked, I cleaned the apartment and kept Loki out of her hair. Every so often Kinley would complain about something and I wanted to ask each time if she was okay but then she would mumble to herself and I figured it was best if I didn't. As dinner rolled around, I ordered some food and left to pick it up. 

"Kin?" I asked kicking the door open with my foot. I walked to the bedroom and she was asleep with Loki next to her. I took a few pictures before waking her up. "I brought dinner." I said kissing her. 

"You're amazing." She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me into her. "I love you." She smiled kissing me. 

"I love you too." I pulled her up, carrying her to the kitchen. 

"You're so cute. You love me so much." She answered as she pulled the food out of the bag. "You're like the best boyfriend I've ever had." 

"How many boyfriends have you had?" I asked. 

"Uh." I could see that she was trying to count in her head. "Well that depends. I've only had two boyfriends that lasted longer than 4 months. And there I've slept with a lot of people but I never counted them as boyfriends." She looked at me. "You're my first real relationship. You're the first person I have ever loved." I smiled. 

"I love you too." I answered. "There was a girl before you though. I thought I was in love with her." I commented. Silence fell over us and I could tell she was trying to come up with whatever happened between us. 

"What happened?" She questioned.

"She left me. I'm not sure why she did. One day she just stopped calling me. Stopped coming around. So I went to her place and knocked and some random women opened the door. She had left and still to this day I have no idea where she is." 

"Did you ever try to find her?" She questioned. 

"Yeah. And it's not because I want her back or anything. I just want to know that she's safe." 

"I get it. It's hard when the people you love just leave like you meant nothing to them." She commented. She reached for my hand and squeezed it. "I would never leave you without telling you where I'm going." 

"That's really good to know." I smiled. She leaned over the table and kissed me. That was everything I needed in this moment. It was her. It was always going to be her. I wanted to be with her for the rest of my life. 

We ate in silence and cleaned up in silence. She turned to me as it was getting later, "I should head home. It's getting late and we have work tomorrow." She wrapped her arms around my waist as I leaned down and kissed her. 

"I'll walk you out." I said getting my shoes on while she grabbed her stuff for work. I opened the apartment door for her as we walked down to where her car was. I kissed her again and she smiled. 

"I'll let you know when I'm home." She commented getting into the car. "I love you." Her smile made my heart beat faster. 

"I love you too." I smiled watching as she pulled out of the spot and left. I walked back to the apartment, deciding to shower and read some emails. I got her text a few minutes later that she was safe and would be getting ready for bed. 

I did some work before laying down and watching t.v. 

'There's a bug in my room.' McKinley texted me and I laughed. 

'kill it.' I could picture her finding the bug and screaming and running out of the room. 

'It's dead' I laughed a little as she sent me a picture of the dead bug. 

'Good job.' After that I'm assuming she fell asleep since she didn't respond. It was getting closer to midnight before I fell asleep. 

The alarm went off and I groaned. I really didn't want to go to work. I was exhausted and I didn't want to deal with the boys shit. They were always causing trouble. I sighed as I got up and took the dog on a short walk before going back to feed her. While she ate I got dressed and made myself something for breakfast. I quickly rushed out the door knowing I was going to be sitting in traffic and I was going to be late. 

'Good morning!' McKinley sent to me. 

'Good morning. I'm driving.' I wrote back so she would know that I was ignoring her if she texted me something else. When I got to work the boys were already here. I walked in and was greeted by Amanda. I smiled before heading to my office. 

"We have a new client coming in this week." Ashton commented as I walked by his office. 

"Alright." I answered. 

"How are you and McKinley?" He asked coming into my office and taking a seat. 

"Much better. We talked and she explained that I was being crazy which was probably true." He nodded as he listened. 

"Usually couples talk about engagements before they get engaged." He said and I shrugged. "Luke up until a few months ago she never wanted to get married. Why do you think she would already want to be engaged?" 

"Dude, I don't know." I answered. "All I know is that I love her and maybe one day we will be married." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 564 21
Hannah Grace Smith is 16 years old and at a party that her friend, Charlotte Gander, took her to. She meets the host of the party, Luke Hemmings, fro...
23.5K 488 31
Meet Riley Harper. She is the girl you hear whispers in the hall about her alcoholic mother, and father who is barely around. She is the girl who hat...
45.7K 1K 82
Olivia Had A Normal Life. She Goes To High School, Plays Basketball, Has A Couple Friends But That Goes Down The Drain When She Starts Listening to M...
1.8K 59 27
College. The four years that everything basically changes. Where there's parties, drinking, hookups, and anything else, you name it. A lot of people...