My Twin Mates

By Speech_error

Flicker never wanted a mate, especially an alpha one. She strongly believes that with an alpha mate, she woul... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Author's note

Chapter 25

340K 9.8K 4.5K
By Speech_error

OMG thankyou all so much for your comments and votes last chapter. I was seriously overwhelmed by all those comments.

I think you guys are all going to like this chapter.

xx Speech_error

Chapter 25

I awake slightly disorientated, sitting up it takes me a moment to realise where I am.

I groan as realisation begins to sink in, last night, the dinner, the fight.

But regardless of what happened I wouldn't ever regret standing up for myself.

I decide to check in with Emma, she would be the only person to know how the Alpha's were doing.

"How are things with the Alpha's" I ask, there were numerous answers to this question and at this moment I really had no idea what the response was going to be.

"They miss you"

"They miss me?" I say surprised, I didn't expect that, I thought they would be furious with me, outraged even.

"They're truly sorry Flicker, they know that they should've discussed the issue with you first"

I scoff at her words,

"Sorry not going to fix anything. Last night they deliberately ignored me. They say I'm their equal but at dinner they didn't even ask for my thoughts on the subject"

God, I just wanted to punch something, things were going so well that for the past few days I had been thinking of letting them mark me but now that was completely out the window. In the space of just a few hours Connor and Jake had destroyed any progress we had made.

"Don't take this out on me I'm not your mates"

"I know, its just frustrating, have they said anything about the issue of children"

It's silent in my head for a moment and my suspicions are answered they still wanted lots of children.

"It's not like that" Emma tries to defend them but I can't listen to her.

I knew that I would have to confront the twins about this issue but I just didn't want to see them today.

If they wanted to apologise for last night I wasn't going to make it easy for them, they would need to seek me out. But my biggest worry was that as soon as they apologised I'd forgive them immediately and probably end up somehow promising I would regret.

That could not happen.

I glance at the clock on the wall, it was only eight o' clock, there was a chance that the Alpha's wouldn't be up yet and I'd be able to sneak out of the house unnoticed.

Slipping out of my dress, I have a quick five minute shower before changing into some casual clothes. My aim today was to avoid Jake and Connor for as long as possible, so before wasting another second I quietly slip out of my room and walk down the stair case.

This was the make or break point.

If they were sleeping then I could sneak out of the house fine, but if they were awake then that was going to be a problem.  Treading down I glance at their door just waiting for them to walk out but when I reach the bottom its still shut.

"Thank goodness" I mutter to myself

"Flicker, what are you doing" I jump out of my skin at the sound of Cassidy's voice. I was so focussed on the Alpha's that I hadn't thought to pay attention to what could be in front of me.

"Cassidy" I say cautiously turning around to face her, I wondered if she'd heard about last night, if she agreed with what I had said. At the moment she was smiling which was a good sign.

"I heard about last night" She starts

"And, what do you think"

"That my brothers are idiots" she laughs. "It's your life Flicker, your body you should have some say in what happens to it" 

I breathe a sigh of relief, it was nice to have someone on my side.

"If you were wondering where my brothers were they're in the office, they left early this morning"

I didn't know how to feel about that, I was thankful that they hadn't confronted me this morning but did they really feel no regret for what happened last night, going straight to their pack work meant that they had pushed what happened at dinner to the back of their minds.

I know Emma said that they were apologetic but how sorry did they really feel if they were so focussed on their work.

"Look Flicker I need to tell you that my Mum is also quite upset with herself about what happened last night, she truly feels guilty for causing the fight between the three of you and never meant to place any pressure on you for grandkids"

"I understand" I say distracted, my thoughts still focussed on the Alpha's and their early leave for work this morning.

"She would like to see you today some time to apologise"

"She can come this afternoon"

"That's great"

"Also Flicker, ther..."

"I'm sorry Cassidy, I'm just a little busy at the moment can we talk later"

I don't wait for her response, instead pushing past her and heading straight for the front door, deep down I hated that I was rude but I just had to get out of this house, I needed space to think.

It was a beautiful sunny day which clearly did not reflect my mood.

Would it always be like this I think.  Would we always end up fighting over problems or could we ever sit down and discuss our issues like a normal couple.Its like we were on a never ending round a bout with problem after problem, it was starting to exhaust me.

I wanted kids, truly I did but six just seemed too many, I really didn't want to spend half my life pregnant.

I had wandered quite deep into the forest that I was now close to what I assumed to be the border of the pack. The sun had shifted also so it was now directly above me.

Emma had informed their wolves where I was so I could spend all day out here if I felt like it but I knew eventually I would need to head home to discuss what happened last night.

Carolyn was also coming around this afternoon which I dreaded even worse than facing Jake and Connor. I really didn't want to listen to her apologise all afternoon.

I twig snaps in the distance,  breaking me out of my thoughts.  I first think that its a rogue, I  was quite a fair distant away from the pack that one could've slipped in, but security in this pack was impeccable so it was still highly unlikely.

Emma was also on alert, ready to inform Ryder and Zach if I ran into any trouble.

The snapping of twigs turns into heavy footsteps and I take a step back preparing myself for whoever was going to approach me, I think about transforming into my wolf but the stranger was still in human form so I discard the idea.

"Lets just tell them now" Emma asks impatiently

"Wait" I say, I really didn't want to call jake and Connor if it was just some guard on border patrol.

But the man that emerges from the trees is the last person I'd ever thought I'd see.

"Kyle" I gasp shocked. I run towards him immediately enveloping him in a massive hug, with my arms wrapped around him my mind begins to swirl with thoughts. Kyle my best friend was here, Kyle from my old pack, I'm hugging another male that wasn't my mate and most importantly the Alpha's didn't know.

I release him from the hug and just take a moment to stare at him, he had grown ruggedly handsome in the space of just a few months, his hair had grown longer so it now framed his perfect face, his eyes were still that brilliant sapphire blue which I had deeply missed.

Surprisingly he had also changed physically since I last saw him, he'd grown taller so that he now loomed over me, his finely defined muscles had changed so that they were now barely concealed under his shirt.

"What are you doing here " I ask, scared for his life, someone was going to find him and lock him in one of the cells.

"Aren't you happy to see me" he says frowning, the lines between his eyebrows creasing.

"I'm happier than you'd ever imagine"

Emma scoffs in my head, she see's this as direct betrayal against my mates, wanting to inform them right away but I've already blocked all communication.

"But you cant stay here" I continue, "Its not safe for you, they've got guards patrolling, any second one of them are going to spot you"

"Not if there already knocked out" he chuckles

He steps forward cupping my face with his hands as I look up at him, the feeling doesn't create sparks like Jake and Connor do when they touch me but its not unwelcome either. I have so much history with Kyle, we've been best friends for so long that I question why the moon goddess didn't pair me with him.

I'm so distracted with my thoughts that I don't notice Kyle pressing his lips to mine until its too late.

Emma is screaming in my head but I block her out, a twig snaps in the background and I want to check if anyone is watching but I don't want to ruin the moment so instead I block everything out just concentrating on the feeling of his lips against mine. It was so perfect except for the feeling in my stomach that something was wrong, that it wasn't right.

I pull away before things can get more heated, I'm breathing heavily as I stare at Kyle.

"Why" I whisper, "We've known each other for so long, why now"

"I love you Flicker, I've always loved you but you weren't my mate so I've always hid my feelings but when I saw you go with those two cruel Alpha's I knew that the moon goddess had made a mistake. I knew in my heart that I needed to be with you"

My heart soars at his confession as I stare at him wide eyed, Emma is gagging in my head but I ignore her, it's funny how just a few months ago she tolerated Kyle and now she hated him.

I desperately wanted to be with him, he would make me so happy I could already imagine my whole future with him,  but deep down I knew that it was wrong. Despite all their mistakes, I still loved Jake and Connor, and I knew that it would kill me to be away from them. I was destined to be with them.

"I love you too Kyle, but I can't be with you"

He looks taken aback by my words, obviously assuming that I would just run away with him.

"Flicker" he says gently grabbing my hand, "I know what they did to you, I know you were locked in the pack cells for six weeks, I know that you lost Emma, you nearly died"

I look down as he speaks, I couldn't look at him, how did he know these things"

"Flicker" he say nudging my chin so that I stare up at him, "We can leave now, no one would ever find us"

"But what about when you find your mate?"

"I'll reject her" he says with so much certainty that it fills me with sadness, mates were something to be cherished, Kyle deserved to be with his soul mate not me.

"Kyle, I love you so much but I also love them regardless of how they've treated me"

"Its just stockholm syndrome Flick. As soon as you leave this pack, you'll see that too"

Doubt washes over me at his words, was it really just stockholm syndrome or did I truly love Jake and Connor. But realisation sinks in as to what would happen if we did leave.

"They'd never leave us alone, they would hunt us done until the day they died. And once they found us they'd kill you without second thoughts and I'd be left with your blood on my hands"

"But" Kyle tries to think of an answer, another solution but I know there is none. It was time for Kyle to leave before he got caught.

"It was nice seeing you Kyle" I whisper as I go on my tiptoes planting a small kiss on his cheek. "One day you're going to find the girl of your dreams and you'll forget all about me". I single lone tear slips out as I say this, but its true once he finds his mate he'll forget all about me.

"But you're the girl of my dreams" he says capturing my lips one last time, and within the kiss I can feel his sadness and longing to stay with me.

He pulls away this time ending the kiss,

"I hope to see you again" I say

"You will see me again" he says before shifting into his wolf and running back to my old pack, my true home.

Guilt hits me hard as Kyle leaves, but I push it down promising to deal with it later. I couldn't believe that Kyle had stolen my first kiss, since I got here I always just assumed it'd be Jake or Connor.

Emma's furious at me for betraying our mates but I don't care, I'd happily do it all over again, the kiss was perfect.

Now my new mission was to sneak home without anyone noticing me, I smelt of another male wolf which wouldn't look good if anyone found out, they would immediately inform the Alpha's.

I make it back to the house unnoticed and I'm so thankful for this small mercy, I head to the Alpha's room since it has a bigger shower making it easier for me to wash off Kyle's scent. The blind are still down, leaving the room in darkness, I'm about to open the door to the bathroom when a voice cuts out.

"Don't bother having a shower, we know what happened today" Jake says his voice deathly as he steps out from the corner of the room, Connor flanked by his side.

Oh shit, I think.

Who saw that coming,

Thoughts and comments please and a quick question,

Who do you think Flicker should be with Kyle or her mates?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.4K 1.6K 20
Litte wolf 2 "Mate." they both whispered at the same time. Both. Two. I couldn't fight it either, "Mate." Came out of my mouth and my eyes glanced be...
12.8M 453K 40
What if mates didn't exist? Instead, werewolves chose who they wanted to be mated to for the rest of their lives during a short period of time once a...
566K 16K 37
"What do you want now?" she said gritting her teeth as he got closer and closer by every second. "I want nothing else but you Angel..."he whispered...
1.2M 30.3K 40
With his eyes trained on me he growls, "Unchain me." The supervisor chirps quietly, "I can't." His head swivels to her, and his fists are cle...