Choose Him

By stromerdavo

They thought the distance would work, but they were wrong. After months without each other, will they find ea... More

New Best Friend
Dropping Jaws
F*ck Boy
Some Boy
Boys and Girls
Take Me Home
Farewell Frenchies
Third Wheel
Veggie Man
Brent time
Shop
Unexpected Visit
Ice Cream
Feelings
Lake House Part 1
Lake House Part 2
Lake House Part 3
Jump
Blonde Bimbo
Tension
Beer Pong Champs
Chef Mitch
New Beginnings
M 0 v I n G d A y
Cold Blooded
Small Boy
Got Your Back
Call me Will
Cuddle Buddy
All Star
Best Friends

18

349 4 4
By stromerdavo

The leafs end up losing the game to the Islanders 5-6. "Are your parents going to be home for your birthday?" Dylan asks and I shrug. "I don't see them often. My mom said she would buy anything can happen. Who knows." I reply. "That sucks. But I get what you mean. I don't see my family often either since I'm almost always in Erie." He says. "You tired?" I nod. He follows me upstairs and brings his bag. As I am changing in to something comfortable to sleep in, my phone rings. "Hello?" I answer. "Hi honey. I have bad news." My dad says making me frown. "I know it's your birthday tomorrow and that your mother and I said we would be back in time to celebrate but we have been held back for business for two additional weeks." He says. "What?" I yell. "Look I'm sorry about the unexpected turn of events but I'm afraid we have no choice. Here your mother wants to speak with you." I let out a sigh as I put my phone on speaker so I can wash my face. "Sweety. I'm sorry. We really are but you have to understand." She says calmly. I breath deeply before responding. "It's fine. I understand. I just really wish I had some family with me." I say. "You have your friends right? Oh how did your friendly gathering go today?" "It was good. I enjoyed spending time with them since they are going to be leaving soon. And I start classes tomorrow." "Oh that's right! Oh and Happy birthday from your father and I. We mailed something special for you. It should arrive sometime this week." She replies. "Thanks. I have to go now. Love you." "Love you too. Bye!" I hang up and sigh. "Hey you alright in there Cae?" Dylan knocks on the bathroom door. I open the door and give him a small smile. "My parents won't make it back for my birthday. They've been held back for another two weeks." He hugs me. "Aw I'm sorry to hear that Cae. I'll spend your bday with you." He says making me smile. "Thanks Dyl. I have class tomorrow by the way." "What time?" "8:30" he nods his head before heading to the bathroom to brush his teeth. "I can take the couch." Dylan says returning. "Are you crazy?" I say. "No?" He questions. "Cuddle me." I stretch out my arms. He laughs and gets under the covers with me. "Night Dyl." I say. "Happy Birthday." He whispers.

In the morning
"Dyl wake up!" He groans. "What?" He asked confused. "I hear noise downstairs." I say cuddling into his chest. "Go check it out?" He says. "Why me?" I look at him. "Okay fine." I roll my eyes before heading downstairs to check out the noise. I am about to turn into the family room when someone jumps out at me. "OH MY GOD! DONT DO THAT!!!" I yell lightly punching Collin. "Happy birthday!" He says hugging me. "You're here!" I say excitedly. "Yea. I got a break off work so I decided to come visit my favourite girl. I've missed you so much. Look how different you look. You've grown into a beautiful woman." I smile. "Stop it." I say flattered before hugging him tightly again. "I've missed you and the boys too!" I smile. "Who's this?" Collin says loudly. I pull away from him and look at what he is talking about. "Oh that's my best friend. Collin meet Dylan, Dylan meet Collin." I introduce. "What are you doing here?" Collin questions, burning holes into Dylan's eyes. Collin has always been protective especially since I was sensitive and had a tough history. "Um, i uh spent the night here um after Cae and I watched the leafs game." He says nervously and I cant help but chuckle at how nervous he was. Dylan glares at me and I decide to say something to clear up the air. "I had some friends over last night for a small. Birthday gathering. And I asked Dylan to stay the night since I was lonely. And I don't know if my parents told you but they won't be back for another two weeks." I explain. "Oh. Welcome to the family then!" Collin says, his mood changing. Dylan looks confused at how fast Collin's character had changed but laughs it off. "Thanks I guess." Dylan says unsure. "No, thank you for taking care of my sister." Collin smiles. "So are you new to the school?" Collin stirs up a conversation. "Actually no. I met Cae at world juniors." Dylan says. "I remember watching that every Christmas. Wait, you're Dylan Strome?" Collin asks as he realizes who Dylan truly is. Dylan nods chuckling a bit. "Great team this year. Y'all make Canada proud. But I'm American." Collin says making me roll my eyes. "Guess we can't be friends then eh?" Dylan jokes. "Nah fam. We're good." Collin replies nudging Dylan. This is great. My brother and my best friend getting along. "Oh shit I have school." I say remembering. "Need a lift?" Dylan asks. "Sure." I say running upstairs to get ready.

After getting dressed I head back downstairs with my backpack. "I already have your food packed. Let's go or you're gonna be late." Collin yells. "I thought Dylan was driving." I say confused. "Change of plans. Dylan and I will drop you off and pick you up later. I get to spend the day with him doing bro stuff." I give Dylan a strange look and he shrugs his shoulders. "Okay then." I reply taking my lunch and breakfast from Collin before heading to Collin's jeep. The ride to school isn't as awkward as I expected it to be. Dylan and Collin talked about sports and got to know each other better. I never felt more left out in my life. I hated being the third wheel. "Alright. Have a good day!" Collin shouts as I leave the car. "See you later Cae! Dylan yells. "Don't steal my best friend Collin! He was mine first!" I yell making them laugh. I roll my eyes at the two idiots as I watch Collin speed off. I let out a sigh as I enter hell.  "Guess who's back bitches!" "Izzy!" I scream and we run towards each other into a bone crushing hug. "I haven't seen you since before the break!!" She says. "I know. I missed you. I have so much to tell you during spare." I say before the bell rings. I head to physics and take a seat next to Kayla and Justin. "Happy Birthday!" Justin and Kayla whispers and they both slide their gift bags across the table. "Thanks." I whisper and give them a hug as the teacher starts the lesson.

"Don't open the gifts till lunch." Justin says as we head to our period 2 class. We part ways and I head to my advanced functions class. "Happy birthday!" Em says hugging me. I thank her and drag her to our seats. Our teacher hands out a package on logarithms for us to do on our own. "I fucking hate this class. How am I supposed to learn if he doesn't teach?!" I complain. "I know. I'm failing this class." She agrees.

Dylan's POV
"Where are we going?"
"I got two tickets to the see the Marlies. I was supposed to take Cae but she has class so.... what do ya say?" Collin asks. "I'm down." Collin hollers and pulls up to the rink. "So how are the Otters this season?" He asks. "We start training again next week. Anthony Cirelli got traded onto our team. So it will be great to see him again. But this season's gonna be great." I say. "So tell me about yourself." We get our tickets scanned and find our seats. "I grew up in Mississauga. I'm 19. I have two brothers. Ryan plays for the Islanders and Matt plays for the Hamilton Bulldogs. I play for the Erie Otters. Got drafted by the Arizona Coyotes. I love road hockey, golf and the blue jays." "Sweet. We should go golfing some time." Collin says to which I agree. "How about you? Cae hasn't talked much about you besides the fact that you're her step brother and you live in LA." Collin chuckles. "Well... I'm 20. I live in a frat house with my best mates who you'll meet some day. My mom remarried to Cae's dad 4 years ago so that's when Cae entered my life. We used to be really close but ever since l started pursuing my soccer career in LA, I haven't seen her much." "So you play soccer?" I ask. "Yea. Been playing since I was a young chump back in Aussie. I got accepted to represent Australia in Barcelona and trained there for a year. A few years later I got an early acceptance to UCLA for soccer and I've been there since then." He tells me. "You must be very good." I say. "Eh I'm alright. Cae's a great runner though. I know she's going to do good in the future. I just hope she makes the right choice." "She runs?" I ask. Why hasn't she told me this?! "She runs trains with UOT Varsity Blues. She's been an OFSAA champion for 3 straight years. Scouts have had an eye on her for a while. I'm proud of her." I smile after hearing this. "Oh the games starting!" He says excitedly making me chuckle.

Cae's POV
"Did you open it?" Justin asks pointing at the gifts, The girls behind him. "Not yet. I was waiting for you guys." I open up Kay's gift first and see a marble iPhone case and matching laptop case. "Thanks so much." "No need to thank me. I remember how mad you were when I broke your last phone case so I thought you'd appreciate a new one." I laugh at the memory. "Dali told me to get you this so... don't get mad if you don't like it." Justin says and Dali rolls her eyes. I pull out a VS bikini. The one I've been eyeing at the mall. "You're the best!" I say hugging Justin. "Glad you like it." He smiles. I put the gifts in my bag and receive a text from Dylan.

DYL: Why didn't you tell me you're an elite track and XC athlete?

CAE: You never asked? What r u guys up to?

DYL: @ the marlins game

CAE: WTF NO FAIR!!!

"Fricken Collin." I huff. "What?" Justin asks. "Collin took Dylan to the Marlies game and not me." Justin looks at me confused. "Who's Dylan?" "Cae's new lover." I roll my eyes. "No my new best friend." I say. "Collins's in town?" Me asks. I nod. "He surprised me this morning." "Aw that's cute." Justin says. "Do you guys wanna hang out after school?" "I'm down." Kay says. "Same. I wanna meet this Dylan dude." Justin says. "Do you guys need a ride?" I ask. "Can I get a ride?" Kay asks and I nod. "We can give you a lift." Justin says to Em.

Collin's POV
So far Dylan seems like a decent guy. I've been pretty protective about Cae when it comes to boys because of her insecurities and her last boyfriend Ethan. "Let's go pick up the girls. You know Kayla right?" I ask. "Ya. She's with my team mate Taylor Raddysh." He says. "Does her brother know about this?" I laugh. "I don't think he knows that Kay has a brother." He chuckles. "Well, Jack's pre chill. He won't mind much." "Are you guys good friends?" Dylan asks. "We used to be pretty right when Cae and Kay were younger. But I haven't really contacted him in a while." I say. "When are you heading back to LA?" "I've got classes starting Thursday so I'm gonna be heading out tomorrow afternoon." I say. "You wanna stay over for dinner?" I ask. "Nah. I should head back home to visit my family in Mississauga. But I'll be back in TO Thursday." "Where are you staying?" I turn into the school parking lot. "My brother and I rented a place downtown." He says. "So I heard Cae was planning on bringing your friends up to the lake house for a party?" I grin. "Yea. We thought it would be fun to get away for the weekend and celebrate Connor and Cae's birthdays." He says. "Connor McDavid?" I ask. "Ya. He's my best friend. You should meet him some time." "I would love that. He's one my favourite players." I smile. "He's pretty great. So thanks for letting us use your lake house this weekend." He says.  "No worries. Just, you kids don't get too rowdy alright?" I laugh. "No promises." Dylan laughs.

AN: Dante Fabbro followed me on Instagram but I'm too scared to accept his request because he's probably going to unfollow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 96 37
It's just 6 weeks what could possibly happen
1M 11.1K 200
request it, i'll write it. i can make your nhl dreams come true :) BOOK IS FULL
100K 3K 28
Soooo Anya and the boys have been very distant ever since the Matthew and Madelyn incident. No communication what so ever for 3 months. She has been...
9.6M 113K 163
Magcon Imagines & Preferences, all written by me. Hope you enjoy! x