Blue Robin | S. Lang

بواسطة theprincess-aurora

Rowe Montgomery brings a whole new meaning to a cat burglar. She's a shapeshifter and can become any animal a... المزيد

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine

Chapter Three

365 24 4
بواسطة theprincess-aurora

The next person that Rowe decided to target was the CEO of a restaurant chain. He was a cruel man who charged his servers less than they needed to live off of and wouldn't change anything based on their complaints. Using her master burgling skills, Rowe was going to make sure that those servers (from all across the country) were going to get a pretty big random bonus. And a pay upgrade, of course.

The CEO's name was Elliott Gordon. He lived in a mansion on the opposite side of the city, and he was perfect Rowe Montgomery material. Tonight, Gordon was at a meeting across the country with some of his board directors (email, you are so easy to hack), so not only was his house empty, but no one would suspect anything.

As Rowe looked up at the house, a smirk spread across her face. She pictured an animal in her mind, and she began to change.

"Scott, you need to get to the bottom of this," Doctor Pym instructed.

"Really? I didn't get that the first twenty times you told me that," Scott responded easily as he rode over the city on the back of an ant. "We don't even know where she is, how am I supposed to talk to her?"

"Who said we didn't know where she was?"

"Uh, you did, yesterday."

"That was yesterday."

Scott suppressed a sigh. "So, if you know where she is, what's the location?"

It was despicable, in Rowe's opinion. The materialistic nature of these people's lives. With just one of the many artefacts that decorated Elliott Gordon's home, she could buy herself a luxury loft in any building in New York City, San Francisco, and L.A, with a vacation home in the Bahama's for the winters.

She wasn't here to think about that, though, so she moved across through the room and headed down to the basement where she knew Elliott Gordon kept all his information. If it weren't for her abilities, Rowe probably wouldn't have been able to get into the secure room that held all of the information.

Billionaires, she thought, why do they all keep vital information in the basement of their homes? It was a pretty stupid move that made it easy for them to be taken advantage of by people like her.

When she found the computer interface, Rowe shifted back to human and plugged her USB into the port and began to work.

Scott had driven (and flown) by the house of Elliott Gordon numerous times. But he had never gone as close as the sidewalk. Now he was inside. He couldn't help but admire all of this man's material possessions, knowing he'll never be able to have anything like this.

"The information she'll be after is in the basement, Scott," Doctor Pym told him.

"Isn't she called Blue Robin?" Scott asked as he began to find his way to the basement.

"By the people she has burgled and given money to that doesn't belong to them, yes she is," Doctor Pym answered.

"I think it's a pretty cool name," Scott said, "much cooler than Ant-Man."

"For the millionth time, you are not changing the name."

Rowe froze as a voice drifted to her ears. No one was supposed to be home right now. She was going to be screwed if Gordon was home early. She checked the progress of the USB and cursed, she still had at least fifteen minutes till it was complete.

She had to hide, but she also had to see if he was coming down here. If he wasn't, she could finish up what she was doing and get out of here easily. Well, maybe not easily, but she could do it without being seen if she was as careful as she liked to believe that she was.

"I worry you'll get hurt, or caught."

Dammit, she cursed inside her head. This is exactly what Kace was worried would happen. This was exactly what she promised wouldn't happen.

A new sense of determination filled her.

She wouldn't let Kace down.

She wouldn't get caught.

Rowe shifted to be as small and innocent looking as she could, and hid.

Once through the security into the room where Elliott Gordon kept all his information, Scott buzzed around the room on the back of an ant, checking things out. When he came upon the computer interface, he noted the USB in the port.

So someone was here.

"I don't see anyone, but someone was here, they left their USB," Scott told Doctor Pym.

"Good, Scott," Doctor Pym responded, "can you see what it's doing?"

"There's a progress bar, but it doesn't say what it's doing. I can remove it-"

"Don't take it out!" Doctor Pym's voice was frantic in his ear. "If you remove it early it could unleash a virus."

Scott removed his hand from the USB. "So what do you want me to do?"

"Leaving would be preferable."

Looking to the source of the sound, Scott saw a woman in a blue sleeveless catsuit, a black mask covering part of her face, her brown hair pulled back into a high ponytail, and black gloves on her hands. She leaned against the wall casually. Scott was thankful for the mask as his eyes travelled over her body.

"My eyes are up here, buddy," she told him.

"No, I wasn't- I mean it was just-" Scott stopped himself.

"Very smooth, Scott," Doctor Pym said.

"Aren't you Blue Robin?" Scott asked.

The girl shrugged, "is that what they're calling me?"

"Ask her what she's doing here," Doctor Pym instructed.

"What are you doing here?" Scott asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" she asked. He shook his head. "I'm burgling Elliott Gordon."

"I can see that, but-"

The computer made a beeping noise that brought both Scott and Blue Robin's attention back to it. The bar was full, the percentage next to it read 100%. She pushed herself off the wall and walked over to it, reaching for the USB.

"I'll be taking this and my leave now," she said.

Scott reached out and grabbed her wrist, "I can't let you go."

"No, you hero types are all about stopping crime, aren't you?" she said with a smirk. "Well, if it makes you feel better, you won't let me go."

That didn't make much sense at all to Scott, but before he could ask for clarification, she twisted in his hold and kicked him in the side, causing him to let go of her and smash into the machines that were to his left.

Unplugging the USB and tucking it into a secret pocket lightning fast, Blue Robin backed away from Scott. There was a mischievous sort of look in her brown eyes and a smirk on her lips. Scott didn't like it one bit, no denying it. No denying it made him a little anxious.

She cocked her head to the side, almost like she was sizing him up, and then the smirk on her face grew. Before his eyes, Blue Robin began to shift and change until he was standing a few feet from a full grown tiger.

"Holy-" Scott breathed, backing away. The tiger followed, and let out a deafening roar, which caused Scott to stumble back and fall.

The tiger turned and ran in the direction of the door and Scott scrambled up to follow, despite his instincts telling him to wait. Scott half expected the tiger to break the door down, but instead it vanished as it approached the door and on the other side, Blue Robin stood, and gave him a wave, before shifting into a small domestic cat that bounded up the stairs.

"She's literally a cat burgler," Scott said, sounding almost dejected.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

50.2K 1K 39
You're a normal person with a loving family, a loving mom and dad, who claims to be that you're the apple of their eye. And you of course, have the a...
313K 7.6K 36
All Clint wanted was coffee, instead he got thrown into the trunk of a car, unconscious and without coffee. Perhaps he can reason with his kidnapper...
28.6K 704 24
Orphic (Adj.) mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding. "You are infuriating." "So are you, Mister Barnes." * "Don't you dare to give...
157K 8.6K 46
"I prefer to think of myself as in the transitional stage between childhood trauma and superpowers." Prepare yourself for the indescribable. The unex...