dyad | ᵇᵒᵒᵏ ᵒⁿᵉ

By THEAZUREFILES

𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘰𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 "𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦�... More

ᵖʳᵒˡᵒᵍᵘᵉ
¹ ⁻ ᶠᵉᵉˡⁱⁿᵍˢ.
²⁻ ᶠᵉᵃᵗᵘʳᵉˢ..
³ ⁻ ʰᵒᵐᵉ.
⁴ ⁻ qᵘⁱᵉᵗ.
⁵ ⁻ ʲᵃᶜᵏᵉᵗˢ.
⁶ ⁻ ᵃᵖᵖʳᵉʰᵉⁿˢⁱᵛᵉ.
⁷ ⁻ ⁿᵉʳᵛᵒᵘˢ.
⁸ ⁻ ᵖˡᵃⁿˢ.
⁹ ⁻ ᶜʳᵘˢʰ.
¹⁰ ⁻ ˡᵒᵒᵏ.
¹¹ ⁻ ᵇˡᵘˢʰ.
¹² ⁻ ʳᵉˢᵗ ᵘᵖ.
¹³ ⁻ ᵏⁱⁿᵈ ᵍᵉˢᵗᵘʳᵉˢ.
¹⁴ ⁻ ˢᵗᵃᵗⁱᶜ.
¹⁵ ⁻ ᵈᵉᶠᵉⁿˢᵉ.
¹⁶ ⁻ ᵉᵃᶜʰ ᵒᵗʰᵉʳ.
¹⁷ ⁻ ᵗʰᵉ qᵘᵉᵉⁿ ᵃⁿᵈ ʰᵉʳ ᵖᵘⁿᵏ. ᵖᵗ ¹
¹⁸ ⁻ ᵗʰᵉ qᵘᵉᵉⁿ ᵃⁿᵈ ʰᵉʳ ᵖᵘⁿᵏ. ᵖᵗ ²
¹⁹ ⁻ ⁿᵉʷ ᶠᵃᶜᵉˢ.
²⁰ ⁻ ᵃᵖᵒˡᵒᵍⁱᵉˢ.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ Ձ١ ☛ ѕᴜʀᴘʀɪѕᴇ, ѕᴜʀᴘʀɪѕᴇ.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ ՁՁ ☛ ᴅᴀᴛᴇs, ʙʀᴇᴀᴋs, ᴀɴᴅ ғɪʀsᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇs.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ Ձკ ☛ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅʟʏ.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ շ4 ☛ ᴡᴏʀʀɪᴇs. PT 1
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ ՁƼ ☛ ᴡᴏʀʀɪᴇs.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ Ձб ☛ ᴅʀɪғᴛɪɴɢ.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ Ձ7 ☛ ᴊᴜᴍᴘ ʀᴏᴘᴇ.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ ՁՑ ☛ ʜɪɢʜ ᴏᴠᴇʀᴅʀɪᴠᴇ.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ ЗO ☛ ᴘʜᴀʀᴀᴏʜ.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ ૩١ ☛ 4 ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀᴅѕ.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ З2 ☛ ᴄʜɪʟʟᴇʀ.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ зз ☛ ʀᴜɴɴᴇʀ.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ З4 ☛ ᴄʟᴏѕᴇ.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ ɝƽ ☛ ɴᴇᴇᴅѕ, ѕᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ з6 ☛ ᴀʟʟ. (R)
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ ɝל ☛ ᴅᴇғᴇɴsɪᴠᴇ.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ ɝȣ ☛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ sᴏɴɢs.
ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ ɝף ☛ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ʟᴏᴠᴇ.
FINALE ✿ ωнιтє ησιѕє.

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ ƻ9 ☛ ʀᴜɴᴀᴡᴀʏ.

5.9K 348 74
By THEAZUREFILES

                         ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ ƻ9 ☛ ʀᴜɴᴀᴡᴀʏ. 

I stared at Calvin and Joshua in disbelief, watching them fill a suitcase with a few clothes from my closets. I was still in shock that they were in my room, and it spiked my curiosity as to how they even found my house. What if we got caught? My parents said that I couldn't associate with any of my friends. I just watched them, and eventually, my suitcase was full. I was surprised that Calvin and Joshua could stand to be in the same room without being at each other's throats, let alone work together. 

"Okay, now we go out the window." 

"What?" I raised my voice, looking at Calvin like he was crazy. He had to be crazy if he thought I was going out my own window. Does he not know that I'm on the fourth floor? He simply chuckled, and opened my window, where the ladder was. Calvin swung my suitcase over the edge, and it dropped down onto the grass, with a thud. "It's not going to be that bad," Joshua smiled. "He's right," Calvin nodded, "I can go down first, and hold the ladder steady while you go down?" I bit my lip, but I soon squealed as Joshua picked me up, swinging me over his shoulder. He began to go down the ladder, and I gulped, afraid that Joshua would drop me going down the ladder. Once he reached the ground, he put me back down on my own two feet.

He held the ladder steady as Calvin came down, and he jumped the rest of the way off. He picked up my suitcase and Joshua leaned down so I could get on his back. Once I did, we were on our way, back home. "King's been crying for you ever since you've left, practically all of us have been going through hell, without you," Joshua told me, looking over his shoulder at me. I sighed, "I'm sorry.." I felt bad. I've had to avoid Joshua in school since I couldn't speak to him, and it made me feel terrible not being with them. They were my family, even if we weren't related by blood. 

I missed them, so much. I couldn't wait to see King. I knew that he would wrap his little arms around my neck and give me one of his big hugs. I relaxed my head on Joshua's shoulder, watching as we passed all by the other homes in the neighborhood. I imagined that it was going to take us a while to get back home, but at least I was content with where I was going; home. We passed by small shops, a few fast food places, which were closing down for the night. There was dozens of cars in the road, and as we went farther east, we saw less..and less cars..until there was none. 

My stomach began to get butterflies, and I excited as I realized that we were coming up on the house, and I couldn't contain myself. Joshua let me down, and ran towards the door, opening it, slowly. I wanted my return to be quiet. I could hear King practically screaming, and Kai trying to comfort him. He kept screaming though, and I heard Mary's voice, "Give him to me, let me see if I can calm him.." Her voice sounded tired, stressed out. 

I walked in, towards the kitchen, slowly. King's cries seemed to echo off the walls, and I could see him fidgeting in Mary's arms. She looked like as if she hadn't slept in days, Standing in the doorway, I bit my lip. I took a deep breath, working up the courage to say something. Once I thought that I was ready, I opened my mouth..and the words simply, flowed out. 

"I'm..home.."

Mary looked up, and her face lit up. She started to smile, and I could see tears well up in her eyes, and I smiled. "Sweetie..how'd you get here?" she questioned, and looking behind me, Joshua and Calvin walked in. "It was all our plan." Mary got up, coming over to me. King stopped crying when he saw me, reaching his hands out for me. I took him in my arms, wiping away the tears on his cheeks. He sniffed, and I rubbed his back. Mary kissed my forehead, and I smiled. 

I picked up my suitcase going upstairs, to my room. Everything was just like I had left it, except that the clothes I had left on the floor were now folded into neat piles on my bed. I looked down at King, and sighed. He was busy playing with the collar of my shirt, ocasionally sniffing, here and there. I began putting my clothes away, setting King on the bed with my stuffed bear. Once I was finished, I laid on the bed, watching King. 

"You missed me, huh?" I asked him, running my hand through his soft, honey curls. He nodded, giving me a smile. "You leave me," he said. I frowned, and kissed his forehead. "I won't ever leave you again." I meant with I said. King was an absolute sweetheart, he had clung to me ever since I came here. I wouldn't leave him, like my parents left me. 

"Promise?" 

King looked at me, his eyes wide. I nodded, and he smiled, nodding his head. 

Sure, my parents came back for me, but the scars were still there. They disowned their only daughter, and ripped me from my little Bloom existence. They could've just talked it out with me, but because they didn't want anyone to know, they signed me away, writing me off. I didn't understand how they could do it to their own flesh and blood, but I knew that I wouldn't do that to my child. They did it for their own selfish needs. I doubted that they were even sorry..they just wanted me back because they thought that I was going to be over it. 

They couldn't just pop up in my life after four years, they had to be crazy if they thought that was okay. 

I watched as Smokey slid in between the crack in my door, meowing at me as he saunted his way over to my bed. He jumped on my bed, King squealing as Smokey licked his small hand. He came over to me, purring as he rubbed up against my hand. I stroked his coat, scratching him behind the ears. He laid down, his tail lightly hitting my waist. I softly smiled, and rubbed King's back. 

Eventually, we fell asleep, King curled up into a ball. 

When I woke up, King wasn't here. Mary had probably taken him to his room. I sat up, feeling refreshed. I was happy to wake up to this room, even if it didn't compare to the other one. I was in my rightful home, and that's all that mattered. Coming downstairs, I could smell breakfast being made, and it smelt delicious. Calvin and Kai were at the table, while Mary was making breakfast. They seemed like they were having an interesting conversation, and I decided against jumping in. 

Mary finished cooking, and set a plate in front of each of us, full of pancakes and bacon. We dug in, and I ate quietly, still listening to their conversation. Kai was talking about school, how she was going to be in high school next year. She said that she was prepared for it, but I don't think she really was. Was anyone really ready when high school came around? I know one thing, that I wasn't ready. It hit me like a train, kind of like puberty. I remember waking up and trying on a pair of jeans that were a size zero, and they didn't fit. I actually needed a size three. 

"Can I talk to you, Mary?" I asked, as she kissed my forehead. "Sure, talk to me when you finish breakfast, sweetheart." I nodded, and looked back at the table, Kai's eyes twinkling as she stared at me. "Is it about your boyfriend, Josiah?" she chimed, scooting her chair closer to me. I bit my lip, and Calvin laughed. "The one with the afro that you sit with in Mrs. Thompson's class?" he asked me. I nodded, and I could feel my cheeks burning. They had barely said anything about him, and I could already feel the butterflies in my stomach. 

I found myself nervous around him..he had that effect with me. I tried my best not to show it, but he always found some way to bring it out of me. Maybe it was his defined, perfect curls, or his deep brown eyes, or maybe even the words he spoke to me. 

Kai giggled, "They've been dating for seven months!" 

"How did you find that out?" I asked her. 

"Joshua," she stuck her tongue out at me. 

"Seven months, huh?" Calvin smirked, "Y'all said the L word yet?" 

I shook my head. I didn't think that there was ever really a need to say it..I loved Josiah, and I was sure that he loved me. He sure did show it..but was it a bad thing that we hadn't said it to each other, after seven months of dating? The feelings were there, heck, everyone else could see it! "You two don't have have to say it, it's kind of just a confirmation thing." I tore off a piece of bacon, slipping it into my mouth with a nod at Calvin. I finished my food, and raked the excess into the garbage, feeling Smokey slip between my legs. He meowed, and I handed him a small piece of bacon, to which he rubbed up his head up against my leg. I placed my plate in the sink, and went off to find Mary. 

I found her in the laundry room, putting wet clothes in the dryer. King sat on top of it, tapping the buttons on his shirt, over and over. He was so focused, he didn't even notice that I came in the room. "So what did you need to talk to me about, baby?" Mary asked, placing the clothes in the laundry basket in the washing machine. I bit my lip, "It's kind of not..for little ones.." Mary grinned, taking King off of the dryer. "Go play, little boy." He waddled out of the room, and Mary turned the dryer on, as well as the washing machine. 

"What's on your mind?" she placed the laundry basket on top of the washing machine, and turned to me. I closed the door, leaning against it. She gave me a weird look, and I sighed, trying to work up the courage to ask her my question. I wasn't so sure how she would take it, as I've never had to ask anyone a question of this caliber before. I swallowed the lump in my throat, opening my mouth to speak. 

"I almost had..sex with Josiah?" 

It came out like a whisper, but Mary sure did hear me. Her eyes widened, and she pushed her hair out of her face. She didn't say anything for a while, and I guess she was trying to let it sink in. I had never told her anything like this, so this was a first. Me having Josiah was bad, it was what happened during that had me iffy. "You what?" she asked me, like I had told her that I was pregnant and that I was moving to Antarctica. "Josiah and I-" "No, no, don't say it again!" she put her hand up. I decided to leave out the fact that we were both under the influence of weed, I imagined that she would explode if I told her that. 

She took a deep breath, and placed her hands on my shoulders. "Okay..what else happened?" I sighed, "I had a flashback that I was being raped..I was terrified.." Her features softened, and she pushed my curls out of my face. "Aw..Princess.." "I had a full on panic attack, kicking, screaming.." She kissed my forehead, "What did he say about it?" "He said that we could wait until I was ready, but I felt so embarrassed, that's never happened to me, before.." Josiah said that it was alright, but I still felt stupid for it happening. 

"Don't stress over it, honey bun. You'll probably get over it..just take your time..and if you're going to be having sex with this boy, make sure you use protection. I don't want you coming home pregnant." 

I nodded, "Can I go see him today?" She hugged me, and rubbed my back. "Go ahead, tell him I said hi!" 

I left the laundry room, going to get ready to go over to Josiah's. He wouldn't be at home today, on Sundays he's at the studio, painting. I went ahead and took a shower, laying my outfit on the bed for when I finished. It was simply white shirt and blue jeans, just perfect for the day. I brushed my teeht, and slipped my clothes on, slipping on some socks and boots. I decided to put my hair up in a ponytail, but it really turned out like a puffball on the top of my head. 

Coming down the stairs, Joshua was at the bottom, holding Smokey. Smokey kept meowing, trying to get out of Joshua's hold. His tail was smacking Joshua in the face, and he simply chuckled, looking at me. "Where you going?" he asked me. "To see Josiah," I answered. "Have fun," he told me, "Macy wants us to go on a double date." I shrugged, "I'll talk to Josiah about it!" 

"Cool."

And with that, I was out of the door. It was warm outside, the sun beaming down on everything around me. I could hear a few birds chirping, and flying around. It wasn't going to take me that long to get to the studio, as Josiah got me a little bus pass so I don't have to walk the long distance. Walking towards the bus stop, people were still boarding, so I was right on time. I took a seat in the middle, looking out of the window. The bus ride was quiet, except for this one woman, who was talking loudly on her phone. Apparently, she was going to be late for an important meeting, because her car had broke down. 

When I finally got off the bus, I was glad. I was probably going to lose my hearing if I had to hear her any longer. I walked a short distance to the studio, and I used my key to unlock the door. I could hear Josiah, and what sounded like him throwing things around. I closed the door behind me, walking further into the studio.

My horrors were correct. 

Spilled paint supplies and canvases laid everywhere, Josiah sitting amongst the middle of the mess. It looked like a tornado had been through here. It looked like he had destroyed some of his own art, too. I could hear him mumbling to himself. His hair was all over his head, and his back was hunched over, and he was rocking back and forth. I could smell weed faintly in the air, and I sighed. I frowned, making my way over to him, slowly. 

"Josiah..are you alright?" 

He didn't respond, and I got on my knees, crawling around to face him. "Josiah?" He was looking down into his lap, between his fingers a blunt. He had stopped mumbling, and I lifted up his face. 

He was crying.

I wiped his tears, his eyes focused on me. I pushed his curls out of his face, caressing his face. His eyes were red, and puffy, his eyes filled with tears. I had never seen him this way..this was a first. I gave him a sad smile, and kissed his lips gently. "What's wrong, baby?" 

"M-My par-parents.." he mumbled, tears falling down his cheeks. I wiped them away, and hugged him, "What about your parents?" I spoke to him softly. I wasn't sure how fragile he was. 

"They..they're getting a divorce.." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 32.9K 54
"The moon's really beautiful, if you think about it," I blurted. "Yeah?" he asked, mild amusement and curiosity mingling in his voice. "Yeah," I conf...
66 6 88
I'm feeling proud so without a doubt I can feel you. We messed around until we found the one thing we said we could never ever live without, I'm not...
201 4 16
[ DISCONTINUED ] "one day. all is ask is one day. just give me one day to prove to you that i made a wrong choice of loving him and i shall show you...
67.4K 1.6K 30
As soon as her she laid her eyes on him she wanted him, she needed him and she didn't want to share. As soon as he saw her beauty he wanted her, he c...