Till There Was You

By lovelyringo

Born in America, then moving to Liverpool; Emily seemed like a regular girl. That is until she meets The Beat... More

A Taste Of Honey
There's A Place
Devil In Her Heart
I Wanna Be Your Man..
And I Love Her
Hold Me Tight
Anna (Go To Him)
Rock And Roll Music
I've Just Seen A Face (Might Change)
Things We Said Today
A Hard Days Night
Dr. Roberts
P.S. I Love You
I Need You
Till There Was You
Birthday
Please Please Me
If I Fell
Good Day Sunshine
Roll Over Beethoven
Baby It's You
I Want To Hold Your Hand
From Me To You (Part 1)
From Me To You (Part 2)
I'm A Loser
Every Little Thing
Baby's In Black
Mr. Moonlight
Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby
It's Only Love

Hello Little Girl

315 8 2
By lovelyringo

Chapter 20; 

It had been another week or so and it was getting close to February, everyone danced with anticipation. Plans were made by important business men around us, I couldn’t help but sigh; I felt like I haven’t been able to have time to relax with them anymore, none of us have. Due to the fact of me and Dona coming along to America, we’ve been taken along too, meeting important people such as Mal and their producer George Martin. 

The sun had came out, luckily and was warming the old winter air. We never even stayed in the house for any long amount of time, sometimes we didn’t even sleep here! But it was January 21st now and everyone’s nerves were on, end. Never even having time to process a thought about thinking! 

“Brian” I said, walking into his office, much less than announced, the boys were in the studio, but Brian had gone to make news with important people from America. 

“God. What happened now?” Brian said, he was sitting behind his desk, rubbing his temples and drinking Brandy. 

“Nothing. I just wanted to talk.” 

“Sure. Wanna glass?” 

“Yes please.” I said, taking the glass from Brian and drinking half of the contents. “Anyways, the boys and neither me nor Dona can handle this stress.” 

“God. I can barely do it” 

“I know Brian. But hear me out. The boys will be preforming these songs about 7 to 12 times every week, in America. We need a break. I’m worried that if they won’t get a break here, they’ll consider one in America.” 

“Are you suggesting they’ll run away?” 

“No. Because I know they will. We all will.” 

“Goddamnit so do I.” 

“So then yes… A break…? We can come back on the 5th and make sure everything is in check.” 

“Will you keep a close eye on them?” 

“Yes” 

“Promise for them not to get hurt?” 

“Yes” 

“Will you ma-” Brian began but I cut him off

“Look, they’re big boys. I will make sure everything’s is check and nothing’s dislocated okay?”

“Yes” 

“They’re not kids” 

“But they act like it!” 

“Can I go tell them the good news?” 

“Yes, just make sure you send Martin in here before you tell them and leave.” 

“Alright. Thanks Brian! You’re the best!” I tell him, finishing off the rest of my drink and giving him a hug and quick kiss. I walk back into the recording studio and the boys are just finishing ‘She Loves You’. 

“That’s terrific boys” George Martin says, from the call button, through the glass. 

“George. Brian wants to see you in his office.” I tell him and shoot a grin at both George Martin and Donna. 

“Alright” He says to me and then presses the call button again, “Take five boys! I’ll be in Brian’s office.” 

The boys quickly set down their instruments and come out. “What did Brian want?” Ringo asked me, taking a sip from a water bottle. 

“Me and Brian made an agreement. You have today till February the 5th off.” I tell them, with a huge grin on my face. 

“You better not be lyin’! Are ye lyin’?” George says and leans into my face “SHES NOT LYIN’!” George shouts, trying not to strain his voice and runs into me hugging me tightly. 

“Aw! You’re the best babe.” Paul coos, grabbing me and twirling me around once George gets off. 

“Come ‘ed then. I think we ‘serve it.” John says with a smile, kissing my check and Ringo gives me a hug too. All excited, since the long, long, long time we’ve been spending on working. The boys leave their stuff there and we go into the car, John and Donna get into the front, John driving and we go on our way home. It’s only 12pm, we’ve been usually getting up at 6am and leaving at 7 or 8am staying with Brian and the lot of them till 12am, so this is very exciting. 

“What should we do?” Ringo asked, his eyes glimmering with happiness. 

“Try not to get hurt.” I tell them, remembering want Brian had said to me

“Or arrested” Donna said, and I busted out laughing, remembering the one time, her cousin had been arrested during spring break. The boys didn’t understand, so they just kind of starred out us, due to our fit of laughter. 

“I was arrested once!” Paul called out, after our fit had stopped. 

“Yer stupid.” John calls from the drivers seat. 

“Why?” Donna asked. 

“He’s stupid. We were in Germany. He lit a condom on fire with Stu. We were all deported because of that. Plus Georgie here bein’ underage.” John told us and again we were laughing

“Not that much of a badass is he?” Ringo said, after we had all calmed down. 

“I’m kind of a badass…” Paul said under his breathe. 

“We’re here!” Donna said, approaching the turn to our street. 

“Finally; maybe we can sit down for a minute without being rushed around.” George says and we all pile out of the car and walk inside, falling down on the first open chairs we see, all of this. 

“Ah. So much better.” John says and we stay like this for a good half hour. 

“I’m gonna go get something to eat.” George says, standing up, stretching, his bones making a cracking noise. We all comply to get ourselves something and wait for George to return. Suddenly a shriek and George rushing threw the door. 

“What’s up Georgie?” John asked, sitting up from his laying position, Donna came up with him, her hand still on his chest. 

“NO FOOD!” George looked terrified and so did Ringo. I cannot believe they’re this dumb. 

“Well when you haven’t shopped in 2 wee…” Paul began but was quickly cut off

“Shut it McChatty.” George said, eyeing him. 

“Aw, come on. Let’s go shopping.” I said and looked at Donna for back-up, she smiled and nodded. 

“Isn’t that a girl thing?” John snorted, while the other 3 boys, Donna and myself put our shoes on. 

“Or we could just buy you lemons. Re-name you John Lemon and call it a day.” George calls back

“AND WE CAN HAVE GIRLS THROW LEMONS AT HIM!” Ringo shouts

“Sod off you pair o’ gits! Lets go then.” John got up and walked out the door with us. We decided that enough people should be at home, work, or school and only stay at home moms would be in the grocery store by now, so no need for the fakes. 

“Tell me again why I came?” John said, as Paul pulled into a parking space, I looked at Paul, he looked at me and I rolled my eyes. 

“So you can get what you want.” Ringo said calmly, not waiting another ‘lemon’ incident.

“And because I’m here” Donna said, but sound more annoyed then needed. 

“Oh yeah. For this beautiful girl.” John said, quickly recognizing her tone and kissing her cheek. 

“Are we just going to wait in the car all day long?” George groaned, we all opened our doors and left, locking the car door behind us. 

I didn’t mean to get into this experience. I should have just went with Donna. We’ve been here for over two hours! And we have just left the last isle. I really do not understand how the boys can eat so much but not gain any weight. I had to be the mother again and make sure they didn’t just buy junk food. Something sustainable. I sighed, looking at the two full buggies that Ringo and George pushed, the old lady sighing to as we came to her check-out. No fans were in sight, that is until we actually left the store. Donna had started the car and popped the trunk, me and Paul were talking, while bringing one of the buggies to it’s respective place and Ringo and George emptying the next one, as John had went to buy some smokes. 

“Thank you again love.” Paul said, wrapping his arm around my waist “I actually getta spend time with my love, who woulda thought?” 

“Nobody. I was surprised myself. Now stop thanking me Paulie.”

“Paul…?” A voice called out, not thinking to much about it Paul and I looked back. 

“OH MY GOD!” Screamed the girl, she looked about 12, wore her short hair in a braid and a full dress, stockings and buckle shoes. “IT’S PAUL MCCARTNEY! I LOVE YOU!” 

The yelling seemed to cause a few by passers to look but nothing serious. Paul waved to the little girl and she came running towards us. “Oh God. It is you. I love you!” The little girl said, and hugged Paul, attaching herself to me too. 

“ ‘Ello love. It is me, in the flesh. Shouldn’t ye be in school?” Paul asked, smiling at the girl, who seemed to beam up at him. 

“I got let out early by me mother…” The girl started to say, then looked at me “Who’s this Paul…?” 

I was shocked! This girl, who didn’t know Paul was going to ask him who I am, like she’s his girlfriend. I put a smile on my face and opened my mouth before Paul could “I’m Emily.” I told her, stretching my arm out “Nice to meet you. What’s your name..?” 

“I’m Lea.” 

“Well Lea, it was very nice to meet you. But we must be on your way. Would you like me to sign something for you?” Paul asked and Lea nodded, taking a notebook out and a pen. Paul opened it up to a fresh piece of paper “With all my love, Paul McCartney” sighing it and dating it, he handed back the notebook. 

“Thank you so much!” The little girl squealed, hugged both me and Paul, then ran off into the store. 

“God what was the hold up? You two weren’t making out in a buggy were ye?” Ringo said, laughing as we finially got back into the car. 

“John isn’t even here. Don’t complain to us.” I told Ringo 

“Plus, there was a fan.” Paul added in, and Ringo dropped the conversation. John quickly rejoined us, with our cigarettes and we headed out on our merry way. 

***Donna’s POV*** 

Do you ever feel like punching someone in the face? Yes? Great then you know what being with John Lennon is like. Not as in the ‘oh I hate you’ way, more of the ‘God why do I like you so much’ way. I don’t want to punch John. I want to punch myself. 

John and I sat in the front as he drove from the store. Placing his hand on my leg and moving his fingers across the grain of my jeans. The simply action made me smile, even if I tried to resist the urge. John doesn’t like being demanded to do things, he likes to call the shots and to bad for him I don’t like people hanging over me like that. I felt content, blocking out the noise of everyone’s talking and enjoying the ride. I love riding places, going on trips. My cousin used to live with me for awhile and being older he had his own car, I would go out with him almost every single time he went driving, no matter where because I loved driving so much. I was cut out of my thoughts, once the purr of the engine cut off.

I was thankful to be back at their place. Spending over 2 hours in a grocery store is not fun. Well with them it was, but I soon grew tired and hungry. I walked in the door and started off, on my way to my room. 

“Where are ye goin’?” John called after me 

“Why don’t you come and see?” I asked, turning to face him, and then back on my heels as I walked to the beautiful bedroom that I love and would miss, while in America.

“Donna” John says, coming to me, on the bed. 

“Yes sir?” 

“Oooh I like that.” 

“I will bite you. Don’t even try it.”

“I’m kidding love. Why’re ye in ‘ere?” 

“Maybe I wanted to spend more time with you.” 

“Oh did you?” John says, leaning down brushing his lips against mine 

“Yes” I say, my lips hitting his as I talk, then he takes my face in his hands and kisses me. 

“I’ve got to go.” John whispers quietly, his lips off mine, but still brushing against them. 

“Do what you need to.” I tell him then add in “Unless it’s some other girl” 

A cocky grin spreads across his face “Yer coming love?” 

“I’ll be there in a second.” I tell him, he gives me a quick kiss on the cheek and then walks out of my room, closing the door silently behind him. 

Damn it, I think to myself. He’s literally doing this to drive me mad. I could do it back, fighting fire with fire huh? I don’t think John has realized it doesn’t matter and I cannot take it back; I don’t want to wait after all. From what I’ve heard John is very quick with the ladies… Maybe I’m different? I should give him the benefit of doubt and just drive him crazy. 

Well, you see, I’ve never been one for ‘quick’ type relationships. I wouldn’t dare tell anyone I was in love, unless I was sure. I screwed up too many times before like that. How are you even supposed to know you’re in love? That’s the thing to do, that’s how people see it really, but not me, you’re supposed to tell your partner in love if you want to go on with the relationship… How is that even true? That’s stupid. Tell someone you’re in love when you’re in love. No magazine, or friend, or show, or anybody can tell you that, except for yourself.

I’ve been hurt way too many times to even begin talking about love. I get pissed, hearing people talk about love. Love can’t hold a family together, love is always the loser. Love does overcome everything in way; your boyfriend says ‘drugs or me’ and your love for drugs over comes that, your mom says ‘break up with him or move out’ your love for either your mom or partner will over come the need for the other. But that’s the thing. No matter how many good choices you make, no matter what words you say… death will over come everything. 

You can love whatever you want…. But in the end either you, or the other thing dies. There’s no way in stopping it. Whether it be the death of your friendship, love, or the actually person. Nothing is forever. Death overcomes everything. Even love. 

I kept on thinking and thinking about this, using my own mind like a notebook and I was very relived as Emily knocked on my door and came in. 

“Hey, good?” Emily asked as she sat on my bed, crisscross, just like me. 

“Fine. I can’t stop thinking.” 

“About..?” 

“John. Love. Death.” 

“You’re in love with John? Or you won’t to kill him? No, no, it’s probably both.” 

“Nooooo, John’s a tease.” 

“Yeah right.” 

“I’m serious. I told him to take it slow and now I’m being teased.” 

“He likes you a lot.” 

“How do you know..?”

“You told him to take it slow. He’s listening. Plus asking you to come to America.” 

“And?” 

“And John could get any girl in America, but he’s choosing you. And you won’t put out.” 

“I want too though! I’m not like you.” 

“Sod off. Paul wants it to be special, because it’ll be my first time” 

“Good, me first time was nothinnn’ of the special sort. Paul’s a good guy.” 

“And so is John, you know, somewhere down in that black hole he calls a heart. I’m joking, John’s very sweet.”

“Have him and Paul always been friends…?” 

“Yeah, grow up together, but John didn’t want him in the band at first. They dealt with lots of deaths and personal things. Lovers at soul.” 

“If they were a couple, Paul would be the girl.” 

“I dunno. Paul is pretty aggressive.” 

“Get out!” 

“I’m not leaving without you. Come ‘ed.” Emily tells me and she puts my running mind to rest, I follow her out of my bedroom, glad I got to talk to me best friend for awhile, it’s been a very long time. We follow the loud banging sounds into the kitchen where all four boys are located, fixing- or should I say trying to fix- tea. 

“George. What are you even?!” I ask, as he misses a tea cup and ends up pouring tea all over his shirt. 

“For a lad who likes to eat a lot. Ye have no clue what yer even doinn’!” John adds, lightheartedly and goes to take over the tea pot. 

“John do you?” Ringo asked, Emily and I watching from afar. 

“Mimi taught John and I a few things before we left for Hamburg.” Paul tells him, as John focauses on the tea. 

“Here, perfect. Six cups of non-spilled tea.” John says, handing the boys, then Emily and I tea. They all talk but I look up at John. 

“John?” I ask in a low tone so only he and I can hear our conversation. 

“Yea love?” 

“You know how to cook?” 

“Some things, eggs, pasta, others.” 

“I can always teach you…” I say hesitatingly and then continue with more confidence, knowing what I want to do. “Tonight, you and I cook dinner how ‘bout that.”

“I’m not much of a cook…” 

“That’s why I’ll teach you!” 

“I dunno…”

“Come on… It’ll be fun, I promise! I can always give you a treat afterwards…. Plus we’ll cook whatever you please.” 

“Fine darlin’, as long as you promise.” 

“Yes John” I say, promising him and he promises me back, “Now we’ll need to get rid of them” 

“Everybody out!” John commands in a loud voice, everyone stops and looks up at him. 

“Why?” George was the first to say anything, stretching out the word in his Liverpool accent  that I only sort of carry and Emily as caught onto quickly. 

“It’s a surprise.” I say, before John could answer. 

“But-” Ringo say, I cut him off quickly. 

“No buts Mr. Starr. Nothinnn’ for any of ye, if you don’t comply and leave.” I tell them and John laughs, at me calling Ringo Mr. Starr, they all mumble agreements and leave with the plate of tea. 

*************

“Are you ready John?” I asked John, who had an almost shocked look on his face. 

“No. I don’t understand. You do it.” John told me. 

“Ah come on. It’s simple. You need to learn how to do it. It‘s going to burn if not. John, I’m right here.”

John, had picked his favorite food to do: Chicken Curry with rice. I’ve been trying to teach him, but he’s afraid of getting burned. We currently stand over the stove, him with tongs and an oven mitt on. John just needs to flip the chicken one more time, so it can be all the way cooked and then we can cut it. 

“I did it!” John exclaims, finishing flipping the last piece of chicken, hugging me and kissing my cheek like he just won the war. 

“Way to go Johnny! Now we’ll have to cut it and then add in the veggies and such.” I tell him, stirring the sauce, that they will go in, curry wafts threw the air and through-out the house, knowing so from the hungry lot of boys coming in and checking on us. 

“What’re you doing?” John asked me, as I un-cover the fully raised dough, that I had set aside.  

“Making biscuits.” 

“Homemade?” John asked excitedly. 

“Yes John, homemade. Do you have a request?” I ask, not knowing forsure what to put inside the biscuits (they’re cookies, but English people call them biscuits????).

“I love chocolate chip ones.” John says, hinting and I put a finger to my chin fake thinking, I already know the exact recipe to use. 

“Hmm… I’m thinking chocolate chips.” I say and turn, for the pantry, “Johnny, get the chicken and a cutting board, yea?” I ask and he nods, taking out a cutting board from the cabinets. I go and get the chocolate chips, by the time I’m back there John, already has his hands washed and is cutting the chicken. 

“Is this a good size?” 

“Perfect.” I tell him, then dump the chocolate chips in, wash my hands, put the dough away and start cutting the veggies. We add in the ingredients to the sauce, wash up, then start again with the biscuits. 

“You have to knead the dough John.” I tell him, while he messes with the dough in an unethical way. 

“The only thing I need is you, you and your love. All I need is love. Love is all I need.” John says in a sing-song voice and I laugh. 

“Not that kind of need John. But you can have my love if you want it.” I tell him, turning serious for a moment. 

“I can?” 

“Of course you can John. Whatever you like. As long as I’m the only one receiving your love.” 

“Will I be the only one who has your love?” 

“Yes John. I would never give my love to someone else. You’ll always be enough.” 

“You promise?” 

“I swear.” 

“You’ll always be enough for me. Too much if anything. I don’t deserve a girl like you.” John tells me, letting go of his guard. Before I could say anything back, John leans down and kisses me, desire and passion coming from his lips to mine. The sound of a loud timer breaking us apart making me, unwillingly, leave the comfort of his arms. 

“Is it ready?” John ask, coming behind me from where we had just been against the counter

“Yeah, just need to put them together and get the plates.” 

“I’ll get the plates. Hold on.” John says, reaching into a cupboard that I doubt I could reach, I mix it one last time, then use the plates. 

“YOU GUYS ITS READY!!!!” John yells out the door, Emily comes in before George could reach the door. 

“Need some help?” Emily asked 

“Yeah, settinnn’ the table.” John tells her and she nods, taking out cups, napkins and silverware. Paul, George and Ringo are quick behind her, sitting down in their seats, not bothering to help. 

“Thank you! It’s delicious, Donna.” George tells me, taking a bite of the food, his eyes closed in awe. 

“You’re welcome!” John chirps. 

“He said Donna?” Ringo asked confused 

“Yeah, but John helped cook it, a lot of it.” I told them, smiling at John, while George makes a fake choking noise on his food. 

“Oh shut up you git! You know it’s amazing.” Paul said and I couldn’t help but laugh. These are the famous Beatles eh? Fighting over how bad John’s cooking in. 

“Yeah, it really is good. Thanks John and Donna.” Emily adds. 

“Yer welcome.” John tells her and I just nod. 

***************

After dinner, we all sit in the living room, sipping at the wine in our glasses. The boys are discussing some song that they used to sing, in Hamburg. John, well he’s getting there and talking loud, almost hurting my ear, but it’s fine because I’m enjoying his arm wrapped around my waist drunkenly. 

“Come on, I’ll fookin’ play it. I can remember it all.” John says and gets up suddenly. 

“What?” I ask dazed, confused to what’s going on, but John comes back with a guitar wrapped in his hand and Paul’s bass in the other, Ringo already had his drumsticks and George has been carrying his rhythm guitar and a pad of lined paper for awhile now. 

“Paulie didn’t play bass then.” George reminds the boys, I hadn’t even known this. 

“We played this in the cavern, he learned.” John tells him, handing Paul the bass, and sitting down on the table in front of me, Emily scoots to my side. 

“What’re they doin’?” I ask her 

“Playin’. They have a nick for playin’ while drinkin’.” Emily tells me and I nod, as John’s sweet voice is heard over hers. John’s voice shows no trace of drinking, even though he has done a lot tonight. 

Hello little girl

Hello little girl

Hello little girl

When I see you everyday

I say, "Mm mm hello little girl"

When you're passing on your way

I say, "Mm mm hello little girl"

When I see you passing by

I cry, "Mm mm hello little girl"

When I try to catch your eye

I cry, "Mm mm hello little girl"

I send you flowers but you don't care

You never seem to see me standing there

I often wonder what you're thinking of

I hope it's me and love love love

So I hope there'll come a day

When you'll say, "Mm you're my little girl"

It's not the first time that it's happened to me,

It's been a long lonely time

And it's funny funny to see that I'm about to lose my mind mind mind

So I hope there'll come a day

When you say, "Mm mm

You're my little girl, mm mm mm

You're my little girl, mm mm mm"

You're my little girl, oh yeah

Do do do do do” 

The room’s dead silence, till Emily and I start clapping and whooping. I’ve heard that song before I think, but have no clue. It’s a nice song, but sounds even better when John’s singing it. 

“That was awesome.” I tell John, trying not to slur my words, as he comes and sits down beside me. 

“Thank ye love, always nice to hava fan.” John says with a smirk on his face. 

“You wish.” 

“Do I? You’re not a lil Beatle manic? No that’s right, cause yer my lil girl.” John tells me, in a whisper, then pulls me towards him. John kisses me on the lips, I can taste the cigarettes and gin on his breathe, but it’s the same for him too most likely. The sudden beeping of the oven timer breaks us apart again. 

“I’ll get that.” I announce, hopping out of John’s grip and going to the kitchen. 

“Me too.” John adds coming after me. 

I walk into the kitchen, not very interested in the biscuits, but more so, of trying to calm my nerves and happy twisting in my stomach. I make sure to put my oven mitt on, and then take the pan out, putting in the already prepared one. Once I had finished getting them off of the tray, I hear John enter. 

“Donna” John says, from behind me, his arms slipping around my waist. 

“Yes Johnny.” I say, giggling his hands are cool against my skin, which seems to be burning up due to the alcohol and air from the oven. 

“Yer beautiful.” 

“And yer a liar.” 

“I swear ‘cross me heart” 

“Yeah but you’re drunk.” 

“So?” 

“Sometimes people say things they don’t mean while they’re drunk.” 

“Donna, I’ll think yer beautiful when I’m drunk, stoned, sober, crazy, in-love, out of love. I’m drunk not blind. Yer beautiful and amazing.” John tells me, by this time I’m turned around to face him. 

“Well same goes for you.” 

“Thank you, I’ve never been called beautiful.” 

“Well now you have been, in a manly way.” I say, and giggle. John cups his hands around my face. 

“So beautiful.” He whispers, then presses his lips against mine. It had began very soft, then he pushed against me, pressing my back into the stove. Desire and neediness, running through his lips as he bites down on my bottom lip, I deny his at first, but then continue, letting him deepen the kiss. 

“John.” I say catching my breath, pulling away from him, my hands wrapped into his hair, very thankful that I hadn’t set the timer. 

“Yer sweet like a biscuit.” John says, and reaches behind me grabbing one. “To be continued…” John says, but made it sound more like a question, I nod, as he takes a bite and leaves. 

Wow, I never knew how crazy John could drive me. I shake my head, and lower myself from the stove, finishing the last batch and putting them in with the others. I can’t think straight, and I can barely walk, woah that’s very helpful. And it’s not from the alcohol like you’d think, okay maybe, half that and half John. Butterflies run through my stomach, even if I hate that stupid cliché. 

I finally remembered what I was doing and took out the rest of the biscuits, that by now were done. My wandering mind has been no fun, I took a tray out and filled it up with the sweet pastry, then brought them out to the living room, where only Paul was. 

“Where is everyone?” I asked, noticing the empty spaces. I hadn’t been gone that long had I? 

“Emily went to powder her nose. George called the rest to his room, wanted to show him something. I was excluded from that though.” Paul told me, taking long drags of his cigarette, which made me pull out my own pack. 

“You know why?” 

“Why they excluded me? Maybe they didn’t want Emily to come? I don’t know. George has been acting weird.” 

“I’m sure it isn’t anything bad. They probably just woulda felt awkward.” 

“Yeah, course, I’m over reacting.” Paul said, running his fingers through his hair and then grinning a big friendly grin “those happen to be chocolate biscuits?”

“Yep, go ahead.” I tell him, Emily comes in through the hallway and sits right beside me. “Good?” 

“I’m okay.” She tells me lowly, trying to make sure Paul doesn’t hear. 

“They’re great!” Paul says, not noticing Emily or what she had said. 

“You sure?” I ask her, waving off Paul’s compliment. ‘

“Yeah, I’ll be fine.” 

“Oh Hey, Emily!” Paul says with a big grin, chocolate on his teeth.

“Hullo Paul” She tells him, grabbing a pastry for both her and I “So how’s it going with John?”

“Why do you ask?” 

“Nothing. Just took you awhile in the kitchen I see.”

“I refuse to talk to you about this with him in here.” 

“Paul’s been drinking, plus he’s eating.” 

“Still.” 

“Oh, so something did happen. Paul and I once kissed in the kitchen.” 

“I guess that kitchen is pretty lucky?” 

“Or is it a fetish?” 

“That they both have? I doubt it.” 

“Just spill it.” Emily told me and I did so, Paul never even hearing a word I was saying. 

I was finishing my sentence when the boys walked in “…. Yup, so that’s that.” 

“What’s, what?” Ringo asked, sitting down beside of Emily and I suddenly became confused again to why Paul hadn’t taken a seat beside of her, but his blood-shot eyes and hunger lead me to the conclusion of him being high. 

“Nothing is nothing.” I tell him

“Yet Everything is everything, but still nothing.” John says, raising his eye brows. 

“That didn’t even make sense!” Ringo said. 

“Can I have one?” George asked, eyeing the tray 

“You all can have one.”

“Thank God.” Ringo said and took one. 

“I’m getting pretty tired.” I said, yawning and leaning my head on John’s shoulder. 

“So am I.” John said, and yawned, it sounding almost fake “You wanna head off?” 

“Yes please.” I said and he pulled himself to his feet, taking me with him. 

“Be safe!” Paul called across the room. I shook my head, and laced my fingers through John’s. 

John yanked the door open and pulled his jacket off. “Where are you going?” he asked me quickly, as I took the clothes I planned to wear to bed in the bathroom. 

“To change.” 

“You can always change in front of me.” 

“Come on John.” 

“Well if you won’t change in front of me, let me pick what yer wearing?” John asked with a smile. 

“Fine.” 

“Here” John said, pulling off the sweater he was wearing, revealing a green shirt underneath, “Just this” 

“Whatever John.” I told him and closed the door to my bathroom, I knew I was going to take a shower in the morning so it really hadn’t mattered what I was going to wear. I pulled my clothes off and put on a new pair of underwear and slipped the sweater over my un-clothed top half. I shivered, at the warmth coming from the shirt, then I brushed my hair and emerged from the bathroom. John was sitting on my bed, looking through an old photo album. 

“Hullo” John said not looking up and when he did he just looked at me, a grin threatening to look through “Oooh, you actually listened.” 

“Oh! Surprising, huh?” 

“Maybe.” John said, smiling as I stood in front of him. Then, he reached up to my waist and pulled me over him, so I was laying over his body, wrapped up in our kiss. 

“John,” I said before he could make the kiss deeper “The door”  

“Shit” John said, I moved over and he went over to lock it and then turned off the main light, only a small lamp and some candles that he must have lighten, brought in light. 

John pulled me close again and kissed my lips. Asking for entrance, I didn’t deny him this time, letting our tongues explore each other’s mouths. John then rolled us over so he’d be on top of me, then breaking the kiss to leave small kisses on my cheek, chin and down my neck. 

“I want youu, I want you so bad.” John sang, and then taste of alcohol in my mouth from him, snapped me out of it. 

“John you’re drunk.” 

“And yer beautiful.” 

“And you don’t know what you want.” 

“I want you.” John said kissing me and pulling the hem of his sweater. 

“And I want you. But I’m okay with teasing you for now.” I said, pulling his lips down and kissing him, harder, before pulling away and moving my weight from under him, who seemed shocked. Then crawling under the covers, hiding my body that I seemed extremely self conscious about now. 

“Come ‘ere!” He said playfully, going under the covers with me and pulling me close. 

“Stop!” I squealed, as he grabbed my hips and tickled me. 

“I won’t hurt you.” 

“Whatever.” 

“Donna, I’ll never hurt you.” John promised, pulling my backside back to him and wrapping an arm lazily around my waist, John’s soft snores filling the room, not seconds later. 

***Emily’s POV***

“God! I’m so fucking tired!” A voice yelled from somewhere, and then a loud crash. I looked around, I guess I had fallen asleep on the couch, a blanket was now covering my body. I picked up the note on the coffee table, that had Paul’s drunken scribble on it. There was another loud crash, then I read the note quickly 

“you fell asleep on the couch. Ringo, George and I went to go watch a movie upstairs. Don’t worry everything’s okay.”

Well, the note hadn’t been written exactly like that since he was pretty out of it, but I translated the best I could. But that doesn’t explain the loud banging coming from the kitchen. “FUCK!” a loud voice dripping in anger shouted, before the loudest bang come. I cursed the soundproof ceiling, making me the only one possible to hear the noise. I walked slowly to the kitchen and opened the door, a plate came hurdling towards me, I ducked and looked at all of the broken glass and what seemed to be blood on the floor. 

“Damn it!” The voice yelled, I looked up to see George, not starring at me, but the plate and I was glad, because he looked terrifying. George’s eyes were darkened with anger, his face was red and the whole room stank of alcohol. 

“George?” I whimpered, scared, hoping it was all a dream. 

“You. It’s all your fault.” George’s voice was hard, but now quiet, he threw broken pieces but they ricocheted and cut him down the arm. 

“George!” I said, standing up and walking close to him, he seemed to not notice the enormous amount of blood coming from his arm, or didn’t care. 

“Stay back! All you’ll do it brake it even more!” George shouted. Broken? His arm didn’t break did it? Shreds of the broken glass and plaster, dug into my foot. 

“George…” I said quietly, not quite knowing how I can convince him to listen to me. 

“You don’t get it do you? God, why are you here?!” 

“Because I’m your friend. I care about you…” 

“You don’t care about me! All you care about is Paul. You’re not my friend. I could never be friends with someone who hurts me.” 

“George you’re hurting yourself. Let me help you.” 

“HELP?! Is that what you want to do?! You’ve done the complete opposite!” George kept spitting, flaming words into my face, I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t hold in my tears anymore, they started to pour down on my face, like the blood, coming from his cut. His face was turning pale, due to all the blood he was losing. 

“George.” I said, my voice cracking, I couldn’t stop it. 

“Don’t cry. Oh, God,” George said, grabbing onto the counter, almost falling. 

“Stop! Sit.” I told him and ran out into the hallway, quickly coming back with the first aid kit.

“God, how much blood have I lost?” 

“A lot.” I told him, lacing up the needle “This may hurt” 

“Shit!” George yelled, as I sprayed the cut cleaning spray on the long cut of his arm. I pushed the needle through and began with the stitches. 

“Is that all my blood?” George asked, confused. I knew he was going to pass out, I needed to take him to the hospital. 

“Yes George. Now stop talking.” I told him, yet he didn’t shut up. I pulled the phone towards me, having the first numbers dialed. 

“I love you.” 

“Geor-” 

“NO! Listen, I love you. I think I just killed it though. Us. I think I might have just killed myself.” 

“Shh, George, you’ll make it. I love you too, just hold on. 

“I-I ca…” George said, and his talking stopped, his breathing slowed. 

“George?!” I shouted, his body laid limp in my hands. I quickly put in the one. “Hello? I need someone quick! Yes, an ambulance! He’s lost a lot of blood! Yeah! Please, God please! Okay!” I said hanging up the phone, less than two minutes later, I had been waiting on the porch, a dying George in my hands. 

“Please George please! They’ll be here. Everything will be okay!” I said, and made sure his breathing was in check. 

“Is this him?” The ambulance person asked, I nodded, and out came two gurneys. 

“Two?” 

“We’re taking you. Look at yourself.” I looked down at the cuts on my feet and ankles, some on my hands. We were already on the way now, both George and I hooked up to breathing. 

“Is he breathing…?” I asked and the lady didn’t answer me, just pushing air back into George’s lungs with a machine. 

****************

“Miss. Harrison.” A ladies voice said, I opened my eyes, I was in a hospital, florescent lights, making it hard for me to adjust them. I was in a waiting room.

“…Yes?” I asked, recalling last nights events. My hands, ankles and feet were wrapped up. I had been taken to the 2nd floor waiting room, after they fixed me up, waiting for George. 

“Are you sure there’s no family you want to call?” 

“I’m sure. Is George okay? Do you know anything at all?” 

“Yes ma’am. He just needs to sign the release papers. Should be out soon. I think he wants to see you though.” 

“Okay” I said, standing up. 

“Do you need any help getting there?” She asked, suddenly worried about my feet I guess. I shook my head and headed down to the door number she gave me. 

“George?” I knocked on the door. 

“Come in!” His voice called and I inhaled a big breathe, uncertain. “Oh it’s you, good.” 

“George,” I began to say, crossing the room and sitting on the side of the bed, “Last night was bad. You have to promise me nothing like that will ever happen again.” 

“I promise it won’t. I swear.” 

“Why did it happen?” 

“I don’t know…” 

“Yes you do.” 

“Because, Emily, I was drunk and feeling horrible, sad, mad, frustrated. It’s not yer fault I did that, but I hate thinking of you with someone else.” 

“Paul’s your best friend. You can’t do this to him, or the rest of the band, or your family or me.” 

“I love you” 

“You don’t love me George. You don’t know me enough to know me. I know how you feel. You have the possibility of loving me, you wish you did right? But you don’t know me to love me, no guy does. Not even Paul. I love you too, as a friend. I’m worried about you. I don’t love anyone in a romance way.” 

“You don’t love Paul?” 

“I love him. I love him, like I love you, but then I like him in a way that he’s my boyfriend. If he asked me to marry him, I’d say no, because I don’t love him.” 

“So there’s a chance for us?” 

“George. I’m with Paul. Your best friend and band mate.” 

“Yeah. Forget it. I’m sorry for being so stupid.” 

“I accept your apology, But I don’t know if I forgive you…” 

“What?” 

“Last night. You said some things that really hurt me George.” I told him, and tears kept falling out of my eyes, throughout the whole conversation. But these I didn’t wipe away quick enough. 

“I hate that I’m the one making you cry.” 

“And I hate that I put you into the hospital”

“You didn’t!” he said wiping away a tear of mine “They said if you hadn’t had done my arm, I would have died. You saved me.” Before I could say anything the doctor came in with the papers, George told him where to sign and did so, we both thanked him and left. The taxi ride was silent, the whole time, till the last second. “Please don’t tell them about our fight.” George said and I promised him I wouldn’t. But now we had to face everyone. 

I put my key- which I had thankfully remembered- into the door. I walked in and Donna, popped up out of her seat, a worried look still plastered on. “Where have you been?!” she said, hugging both George and I. It was afternoon time, maybe late 3pm, but I felt like I had just been dragged out of bed. “They’re here!” She shouted into the kitchen, 3 worried looking boys came out. I jumped straight into Paul’s arms. 

“I missed you so much. Don’t do that again, what happened?” Paul said, kissing my head, and hugging me tightly, sounding like a mother for more than one moment. 

“What happened to you guys?” Ringo asked, after we all exchanged hugs and greetings. 

“Well” I said, thinking of an easy lie to go with “while you guys left me on the couch, I guess George took himself for a midnight snack. While looking for something, a shelf came down and well that explains the cuts and broken glassware.” I said and George took my lead 

“Emily told me, later than she thought I was a robber. But once she heard me screaming bloody murder she found me. I told her it was just a scratch and refused to help. But I finally came around and she sewed me halfway up.” George said, laughing

“Before he passed out at least, then I had to call the hospital. I’m glad out lil Georgie made it. Didn’t think he would.” I told them, making it sound almost like an action movie. 

“Aw, too bad.” John joked, but then added in “He’ll be able to play, won’t he?” 

“Yeah. The doctor said, I should be, in about 5 days, brand new. So let’s keep this between us.” George said and we all agreed. 

“God you must be tired.” Donna said

“Look at all of that blood on your shirt!” Ringo said and I sighed, knowing he was right. I went out to change in my bedroom, Paul waited at my door for me before I called him in. 

“Yer okay? Ye seem shaken up still.” Paul stated. 

“Yeah, just tired. Wanna take a nap?” 

“Sure I've got no other plans.” Paul said, taking me into his arms and petting my hair, singing soft lullabies till we both fell asleep. Now with another weight on my chest, I knew I’d have to tell Paul the truth soon, but focusing on my breathing I fell right asleep. Ready to take on almost anything now, that I've gotten through this.  

A/N: Hi everybody! I hope you enjoy! This is a longer and better chapter! I hope you enjoy! And I'm sorry about Georgie :( But yay about Johnny! Hello Little Girl isn't from any of their LPs but from their first anthology. Thank you to everyone reading and I'm sorry, i have this story on a different website, and i always forget to put the chapters up! So please tell me what you think about everything! :D 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45K 983 51
Annabell mccallister is something else. When she was 11 she ran away from Texas to england to begin a new life. One night she runs into 4 people. an...
2.6K 136 27
Lucy was just a normal girl who had her usual routine. But when she went to buy some food, she meets four young boys that will change her life foreve...
22.6K 835 54
In which the illegitimate granddaughter of Beatle Paul McCartney finds herself in Liverpool in the early 1960s, falling hopelessly in love with John...
6.7K 136 36
so basically this story takes place in the 60s,in both America and London,which is about the Fab four and a famous American group that's having a har...