1914 {Newt Scamander}

Galing kay cejaker

Raven Buchanan was a girl in a world in which her only job was to marry rich and Newt Scamander is penniless... Higit pa

Raven Buchanan
Newt Scamander, Sir
The Goldstein Sisters
The Suitcase Where It Happens
Dear Credence
What'd I Miss?
Stay Alive
One Last Time
Blow Us All Away
It's Quiet Uptown
What Comes Next
Sequel
Sorry....

A Wizard's Ball

7.1K 226 45
Galing kay cejaker

"Yesterday is gone and you will be okay"

Queenie had managed to get the group out of the MACUSA and to a safe place and Raven couldn't be anymore grateful the woman's quick thinking and charm. Newt had given her a medicine that calmed her down. She sat on at the edge of the rooftop when they were let out of the case, talking to Pickett, who had gone back to her hand.

"Should I tell him, Pickett? I know that he'll have questions..." She said, listening to the chirpings of the creature. Newt watched, amazed, as the red head talked to the Bowtruckle. Only he had been able to understand them before. He wanted to talk to her, check up on her. She seemed really upset after what happened in the MACUSA.

"Graves always insisted the disturbances were caused by a beast," Tina said, breaking his stare, "We need to catch all your creatures so he can't use them as a scapegoat."

"There's only one missing," He told her, "Dougal, my Demigise."

"Dougal?" Tina asked.

"There's only a slight...um..." Newt paused.

"He's invisible."

"Invisible? How do you catch something that's invisible?" Tina asked, exasperated.

"With immense difficulty,"

"Gnarlak," Raven said quietly, Pickett had repositioned himself on her shoulder as she was over to them

"Who?"

"Gnarlak! Of course, Raven. He used to be my informer when I was an Auror." Tina explained, "He used to deal magical creatures on the side."

"He wouldn't happen to have an interest in paw prints, would he?" They got ready to apparate to the bar that Gnarlak would normally be in, but Raven stood to the side, gently taking Pickett of her shoulder.

"Here, I have a feeling you are going to need him later," She said, setting the Bowtruckle in his lapel.

"Aren't you coming with you, Ray?" Queenie asked, touching her friends shoulder affectionately. She shook her head, looking down at her feet. Newt and Tina shared a look, worried about Raven. They could only imagine what she had been through, being so close to death.

"I'd, um, prefer that you come with us, Raven," Newt stumbled over his words as he came up with a reason for her to stay with them, with him. "I hadn't really tested the medicine that I, um, gave you so I, uh, don't really know what could happen." He smiled innocently as Queenie's angry eyes fell on him.

"You did what?" Newt looked to Queenie, quite out of his depth. Seeing Newt's terror, Raven laid a hand on her arm.

"I'm sure Newt didn't mean to do something so reckless, Queenie." She sighed, "But I will go." At her words, they apparated away, only to reappear in an alleyway that was covered in bins. Raven looked around; noticing at the resemblance to the alleyways she'd meet Credence in. Queenie gently tapped her shoulder, indicating for her to change before walking into the bar. She nodded raising her wand, changing her outfit into her jewelled green dress that Queenie had given to her for Christmas one year. Newt gently placed his hand on her back, escorting her into the bar. It was a weird change to not see Raven talking to everybody and being so distant. They sat down at a table together while Tina went to find Gnarlak. Newt awkwardly looked over to her, wanting to start a conversation.

"Um... Are you okay?" He asked, putting his hand over hers, "I can't imagine what you must feel like after... that."

"I'm okay, Newt." She said, smiling slightly at him. "I'm always okay." He smiled back at her, happy to see that she was smiling.

"Um, you can tell me to mind my own business, but in the second Salem boy appeared in the death potion." Raven looked down at her hands, blinking back tears that threatened to fall.

"His name is Credence. His mother beats him. She beats all the kids that she adopts but she seems to hate him the most. I told Tina about it and that's how she lost her job. She went at her in a meeting of all her crazy followers." She looked up when he squeezed her hand.

"You look, er, quite ni-beautiful in your, um, dress tonight." He stuttered out, gesturing to her dress.

"Thank you," Raven blushed. Tina ran over to their table, nodding in the direction of the door.

"It's him," She whispered as a goblin walked into the room, a cigar clutched in his twisted fingers. Tina sat next to Raven while Gnarlak slowly made his way across from Newt.

"So, you're the guy with the case full of monsters, huh?" He asked Newt. Raven bristled at the goblin calling the beautiful creatures who resided in the case monsters. Newt, who was holding her hand still, squeezed her hand to calm her.

"News travels fast," He mumbled, "I was hoping you'd be able to tell me if there have been any sightings. Tracks. That sort of thing?"

"You've got a big price on your head, Mister Scamander. Why should I help you instead of turnin' you in?"

"I take it I'll have to make it worth your while?" Newt sighed, reaching into his jacket.

"Hmm, let's consider it a cover charge." Newt slid a couple of Galleons towards the goblin, but Gnarlak hardly reacted.

"MACUSA's offering more'n that." Newt paused before reaching into his jacket, pulling out a shiny, metal instrument and placing into the table.

"Lunascope? I've got five." Gnarlak scoffed. Again, Newt rummaged through his coat, pulling out a glowing egg.

"Frozen Ashwinder egg!" Newt said, exasperated.

"You see, now we're-" He paused looking at Pickett, who had poked his head out of Newt's jacket. Raven closed her eyes, nodding at the Bowtruckle, telling him it would be okay.

"Wait a minute- that's a Bowtruckle, right?" Gnarlak pointed a twisted finger at the creature. Newt put a protective hand over Pickett.

"No." He said, sternly. "He's not for sale."

"Ah, come on, that's a Bowtruckle. They pick locks, right?"

"You're not having him." Newt stated.

"Well, good luck getting' back alive, Mister Scamander, with the whole MACUSA on your back." Gnarlak stood up preparing to leave.

"Alright," Newt said, agony filling his eyes. Gnarlak smiled viciously at them as Newt pried Pickett from his hand. Raven closed her eyes as he handed the Bowtruckle.

"Somethin' invisible's been wreckin' havoc around Fifth Avenue. You may want to check out Macy's department store. Might help with what you're looking for." He informed us.

"Dougal," Newt whispered, "Right, one last thing. There's a Mr. Graves that works at the MACUSA- I was wondering what you knew of his background." Raven's eyes snapped to Newt, gently shaking her head.

"You ask too many questions, Mister Scamander. That can get you killed." Suddenly, a house elf carrying bottles jumped up.

"The MACUSA are coming!" He yelled before disapparating. The words sent the bar into chaos as the Aurors apparated into the bar. The wanted posters on the walls changed to pictures of Tina, Newt and Raven.

"You tipped them off!" Tina yelled, jumping up from her seat. Gnarlak let out a vicious chuckle as Jacob approached him.

"Excuse me, Mister Gnarlak," He said, punching the goblin straight in the face. Queenie let out a delighted laugh, as Jacob walked back over to her. Raven crawled around on the floor looking for Pickett while everyone ran around. She found the small creature clinging to a table leg and snatching him in her hand, protecting him from the chaos that was the bar. Placing the Bowtruckle on her shoulder, she stood up trying to find the rest of the group.

"Raven!" Newt cried, trying to see her over the crowd of the people. He turned to see Tina tugging his arm.

"Come on! We need to go!"

"Not without Raven!" He said strongly, "Raven!"

"Newt! Raven's a smart girl; she'll be fine! But we need to go!" Tina said, pulling him over to Jacob and Queenie. Jacob knocked back another shot of Giggle Water as they apparated away to Fifth Avenue. Raven pushed her way through the crowd, making eye contact with Newt as he disappeared in front of her eyes, her name lost on his lips. She closed her eyes, holding Pickett safely in her hand and apparated back to the roof top. She opened the case, whispering to Pickett on her way down.

"Newt will be back soon, so don't worry. Please try to forgive him; he didn't want to give you away." She paused, putting the Bowtruckle down on the desk. "When he comes back, tell him I'm safe and not to worry. Thank you, Pickett." Then she left the case, apparating to the Barebone household. She didn't care what happened, but she needed to see Credence after what had happened in the last few hours.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

31.1K 1K 38
So, this is my FIRST EVER Fanfic. Forgive me for my mistakes. Plot - (after) Fantastic Beasts : Crims of Grindelwald Summary - Rescuing Queenie from...
143K 5.6K 26
[ C O M P L E T E D ] ❝ EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED. ❞ ☆☆☆ [ NEWT SCAMANDER ] [ BEFORE, DURING, AND THEN AFTER FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM ] (...
53.5K 1.5K 26
Newt and Tina are on an adventure of there own in Europe! Finding out more about each other's pasts, Grindelwald and their feelings towards each othe...
4.1K 368 40
Tina Goldstein never thought she and her sister Queenie would have to move after her parents died. She also never thought she would meet one of the...