Can't Love You More Than This...

נכתב על ידי Natalie7457

Sophie Adams is a student at Wichita State University where she is the captain of the volleyball team. Jonath... עוד

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28

Chapter 27

184 1 0
נכתב על ידי Natalie7457

* Sophie's POV *
* 3 days later *

Today is the day that we fly down to Tampa Bay for the first game in the series. The last couple of days have been very crazy, with long and hard practices, watching film constantly, and helping out the trainers with giving the guys massages.

After practice the crew started loading everything up and Jim and I were loading a big box of equipment that was very heavy when a box of sticks fell over on Jim causing him to drop the box causing it to fall and hurting my shoulder.

Ow! We both exclaimed at the same time I put the box down and went over to get the box off of Jim.

We continued to load the truck and I occasionally rubbed my shoulder and Jim kept bending down and rubbing his leg.

We finally got everything loaded into the truck so we departed towards the airport where we unloaded the truck into the plane before boarding ourselves. I went back and sat with Jon and the Patricks.

The plane took off and we were slowing climbing upwards.

It was about halfway through the flight when I rubbed my shoulder again and Jon turned towards me and asked what was wrong.

Nothing, we were just loading the truck and there was an accident and I hurt my shoulder a little bit, I replied to him.

What happened? He asked.

We were loading a box of equipment when another box fell on Jim causing him to drop the box which then jerked down with my arm still attached to it, I said.

You want me to give you a massage?

Oh no, you don't have to, I said.

But I want to, he said.

Fine if you want to, go ahead, I said and turned my injured shoulder towards him and he rubbed it.

We landed down in Tampa Bay at 4:30 so the crew unloaded the plane into a truck which we then drove to the arena and unloaded the truck into the locker room before putting the locker room together and then going to the hotel.

I went to my room and decided to go have a nice long soak in the tub to relax me after this crazy week.

I went to bed at 10 o'clock because I was so tired.

I woke up at 6:30 and did my normal routine besides the fact that I got dressed in black slacks, a black blouse, and a red blazer with my hair in a bun.

The guys had practice followed by them leaving which the crew went around doing our work and then we have some free time before the guys come in.

Warm ups started and ended quickly and before we knew it we were listening to the national anthem being sung.

In the first period Tampa Bay's Killhorn scored putting them up 1-0 at the end of the first. In the second no goals were scored so we continued on to the third still at 1-0. In the third period Tuevo and Vermette both scored leading us to a 2-1 victory and putting us up in the series 1-0.

* Three days later *

Today is game two against the Lightning and our second game here in Tampa Bay before we can fly home.

The dais events were normal and then it was game time.

In the first period a Tampa Bay player scored starting off the game behind just like our last game. In the second 2 more Tampa Bay played scored along with Shaw and Tuevo for us but it wasn't enough since we were down 3-2 at the end of the second. In the third another Tampa Bay player scored and so did Brent but it wasn't enough. We lost 4-3 and the series was now tied at 1-1.

We packed the locker room up and then headed back to Chicago.

We got back to Chicago at midnight and unloaded everything before taking it back to the arena and calling it a night.

* Two days later *

Today is the third game in the series and the first game here in Chicago. The day's activities were normal except for me getting dressed in business clothes.

In the first period Brad Richards scored for us but so did a Tampa Bay player tying the game at 1-1 at the end of the first. In the second no one scored making it even tenser in the third. Saad scored in the third but unfortunately so did 2 more Tampa Bay players, giving them the win 3-2 and the series lead at 2-1.

* Two days later *

Its the fourth game against Tampa Bay and since we are currently down in the series all of the guys are on edge and working their butts off in practice.

Most of the day's events were normal except when I was pushing a cart full of equipment down the hallway and it tipped over, spilling all of the equipment all over the floor and then the Tampa Bay head coach came over and helped me pick it all up.

In the first period both of the goaltenders were flawless so we were going into the second tied at 0. In the second a Tampa Bay player scored but so did Jon so we ended the second tied at 1. The third period was very exciting, the goaltenders were doing great, the guys were taking lots of shots, and they kicked up their physical play a little bit, the result was Saader scoring winning us the game and tying the series at 2 each.

* Three days later *

Today is game 5 of the series and we are back in Tampa Bay. Everything that has happened today was completely normal with no hiccups.

In the first period Sharpie scored getting us on the board and we ended up being the only ones on the board in the first period. In the second however, a Tampa Bay player scored tying the game at 1. In the third the Hawks prevailed with a goal from Vermette. We won the game 2-1 and we were now leading the series 3-2 and there was a chance that we could win the cup at home for the first time since April 12th, 1938 when the Chicago Black Hawks won the Cup for the second time.

We packed the locker room up and then loaded it all into the truck, then the plane, and then back into the truck before driving it back to the arena and saying goodnight to everyone.

Jon and I got home at 1:30 and we changed and immediately got into bed after the long day.

I woke up at 6:30 and did my normal morning routine and then Jon and I drove to practice where everything went very smoothly.

We were on our way back home when Jon's phone rang.

Hey mom, what's up? He said into the phone.

Ok, I'll see what I can do, I'll talk to you later bye.

What was that about? I asked him.

Well the three of them want tickets to the game on the 15th and I just have to talk to some people to get the seats, that's all. Oh and I would offer it to your family but I can only do my immediate family.

It's fine, I totally understand, I replied to him.

We got home and I made Jon and I lunch before I went and changed to workout.

I headed down to the gym, turned my music on, and started my workout.

When I finished my workout, I ran back upstairs and took a rinse off shower before Jon came up from his office.

Well I got the tickets for my parents and my brother so they are getting in tomorrow right after practice, he said.

Ok, I'm gonna go check out the guest rooms and make sure they're ready for guests.

* The next day *

I woke up at my normal time and did my normal routine of showering, hair, make up, clothes, and breakfast.

Jon and I went to practice and then after I drove us to the airport to wait for Andree, Bryan, and David to arrive.

We waited for about 10 minutes before their plane arrived and they walked out of the terminal and made their way over to us.

They all gave Jon and I hugs and then we headed out to the car and loaded the bags before Jon drove us out to eat and the home where I went and helped everyone get settled.

After everyone was settled in it was 1:30 and we all decided to go swimming so we all went to change.

I walked into my closet and decided on wearing my black and white tribal print bikini and pulled it on.

We all swam around for an hour so when we got back inside it was 3 o'clock. We all went back inside and went to change clothes. I went down to the basement and found Andree sitting on a stool in the kitchen reading through a magazine.

Hey Andree, I said.

Hello dear, she said. 

So I've been wondering how you're handling the playoffs so far? she asked me.

Well I'm keeping up with everything I have to do, so I hope I'm doing well but it will all be over soon so I guess I don't have to worry about it for much longer, I replied. 

Yeah, just one or two more games and then a couple months off before you get back into it.

What? I asked her.

Well after the playoffs are over then there's the break before regular season starts up again. 

Oh we must not have told you guys, I got a new job at Scholastic Press, I'm starting there in August.

Oh that's great, I remember you telling me about your dream job being something in the writing industry.

Yep, the president of the company emailed me and asked me if I wanted at job.

We talked for a couple more minutes and then the guys walked in from wherever they were.

Everyone was in the kitchen talking when my phone rang so I went into the other room to answer it. 

Hello? I said into the phone.

Hey Soph, I have good news! Paige squealed.

What is it? I asked her.

I'm pregnant! she said.

Oh my god really?

Yeah, I'm only 5 weeks along though.

That's so awesome, congratulations! I said.

Thank you, I'm so excited!

We talked on the phone for another couple of minutes before she had to go so I went back into the kitchen to find everyone still talking in there.

What was that about babe? Jon asked me.

My sister's pregnant, I'm gonna have another niece, I said.

Is it Nicole or Paige?

Paige, she's 5 weeks along already, I said.

Well that is so good for her, Andree said.

We talked for another 30 minutes before I got up and started making dinner.

When dinner was ready to be served I went into the dining room and set the table before we all sat down and ate.

After dinner we all sat down and watched the NHL Network to see what was showing to see if it was anything helpful.

We all went up to bed at 10 since Jon had a big day tomorrow.

I crawled into bed and waited for Jon to join me before I snuggled up to his bare chest and fell asleep listening to his heartbeat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Here's Chapter 27, I hope you like it! Only one chapter left in this book before the sequel! This last chapter might take me a little while because of finals this week and I really need to be study to keep my grades up, but I will get it up as soon as I can.

Also thanks for 1.4K reads, it means a lot to me!

-Nat

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

148K 2.4K 70
Sometimes things don't work out the way they were supposed to be. Just ask Alexis Martin, a 24 year old girl who has been left to fight for her life...
703K 10.4K 44
Christine Brown is a nurse living in downtown Chicago with her roommate Brianna. Her love life has been less than stellar, with many boys cheating, l...
114K 2.2K 73
A peek into the lives of Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane
38.4K 609 40
Kelsey Baker is a small town girl in Michigan. No one even knows the name of the city she lives in, the just reference it to her living in Detroit. S...