The Miner's Girl

By Angelnico1e

Parker Schnabel. Nicole Forrest. What happens when you move back to where you came from after seven years? Wh... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Our Cabin Photos
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106

Chapter 71

180 3 0
By Angelnico1e

(((May 11, 2015)))

Nicole's POV
I woke up this morning to my alarm clock blaring music. I reached over and shut it off while I still had my eyes closed. I opened my eyes and saw Parker smiling at me. He kind of startled me, but I smiled back at him.

"How long have you been up?" I asked him.

"About thirty minutes." Parker answered. "Just been thinking. And looking at you."

I smiled. "What you been thinking about?"

"About us. And the baby. What we're going to do. I honestly have no idea what we're going to do."

"We don't have to do anything. We have somewhere to live, we have Mom and Dad and Hannah and Payson."

"We don't have the house that you wanted for us and the baby. I don't know how much money we're going to make this season, and we need money for the baby." Parker exhaled as he ran his fingers through his hair that was getting longer everyday. "I'm just stressing out. As if I didn't have enough to worry about on the job, now I gotta worry about supporting you and a baby."

I don't know what or why, but something inside me just snapped at that moment.

"Well, I'm so sorry that we're stressing you out." I said as I got up to start getting dressed. "But you know what, Parker? You don't have to support us. I can leave right now and support me and my baby."

"You're not going anywhere, Nicole." Parker ordered. "You're not leaving and taking my baby from me. You just keep on doing what you've been doing and let me do whatever I want to."

"What do you mean, 'do whatever you want to do', Parker?" I said, annoyed.

"Just let me worry about supporting you and the baby. I'm not losing you, and I damn sure ain't losing that baby. You're not going anywhere without me."

"Whatever you say, Parker. I'll do whatever I want to." I said as I went into the bathroom and slammed the door.

"Try to leave me and see what happens, Nicole Elizabeth." Parker said loudly as he went out the door, slamming the door behind him.

"I'll leave whenever I want to." I muttered to myself as I was washing my hands. "I should leave just to show him that I can."

Instead of leaving, I put on a tee shirt and shorts, then went into the kitchen to get breakfast ready. When I walked in the kitchen, I saw Rick and Parker sitting at the table talking.

"Hey, Prego!" Rick said, smiling.

"Don't call me that, Rick." I said, unamused.

"What's wrong with you guys?" Rick said. "Last night you were happy and now you're crabby."

"I don't know what's wrong with him, Rick." I stated. "I'm just fine."

"I'm just fine, too." Parker added.

I rolled my eyes as I opened the refrigerator.

"Looks like it's going to rain." Rick commented.

"It might." I said.

"I hope not." Parker said bluntly. "We're falling behind in the gold clean outs, and the last thing we need is a rain out."

"Once I get my operation running, the gold will start pouring in." Rick smiled.

"Rick, let's just take this one thing at a time, okay?" Parker said, annoyed as he rubs his face.

I turn around from where I'm soaking bread in French toast mix and smile sympathetically at Rick. I know that Rick has been aching to get back to Indian River ever since Parker pulled everyone off of it when he found out the ground was frozen in the extended boundary cut. I guess seeing that Parker was just going to be an asshole all day to everybody made me feel like I should be all happy and nice. Maybe then Parker will stop being so grumpy.

"I'm sure you'll get a lot of gold from the Indian River, Rick." I said, not turning from the stove. "And don't worry, Parker, you'll get more gold, honey."

"Lord knows I sure do need it." Parker muttered.

My phone rang, and I sweetly asked Parker to answer it for me while my hands were covered in the French toast mixture. He replied with a grunt and picked up the phone from the other end of the table and answered it.

"It's Hannah." Parker said.

"Bring it to me and put it on speakerphone for me." I said as I turned over a piece of French toast.

Parker pressed the speakerphone and set it on the counter beside me. I scooted closer to him as he stood at the counter for a second, but he didn't even look at me. Instead, he walked back over to the table. I scoffed and thought, fine then. Keep on being like that and see where it gets you.

"Hello? Anybody there?" Hannah said from the phone.

"Hey, Hannie." I said. "You're on speakerphone, so don't say anything that you don't want Parker and Rick to hear."

"Okay, whatevs. So did you tell him?"

"Yes, I told him about the baby."

"What did he say?" Hannah asked.

"Well, he said that he's going to support me and the baby, and that he's not mad, and he loves us and all that jazz. He's just really stressed out now."

"What are you stressed out for, Parker?" Hannah said to Parker.

"I'll tell you why. Because I have to support Nicole and the baby, and the gold ain't coming in like it needs to, and the minute I say something about it," Parker said as he threw up his arms and gestured toward me. "she gets mad at me. I thought she was supposed to tell me that everything is gonna be alright, but nope. She just--"

"Hold up, Parker Schnabel." I interrupted. "I did tell you everything was gonna be alright, but you wanted to argue about it because we don't have the house built. Who cares about a stupid house? Do I look like I really care about a house, when I'm out here living in a little trailer and cooking and cleaning for you men?"

"You know you want that damn house, Nicole." Parker gritted his teeth. "You talk about it all the time. 'Oh, I can't wait till we have our house.' That's what you say. And I want to give it to you, but I need money to do that. And all I said was that I don't know how I'm going to do it."

"And I said that I didn't need a house. I just want you and the baby, and the rest of our family."

Hannah went to laughing through the phone.

"What the fuck is so funny, Hannah?" Parker asked.

"You two." Hannah said breathlessly through her laughs. I could hear Payson in the background saying something and chuckling. "Okay so let's get this straight, Parker wants to buy you a piece of land and build a freakin nice house, and you don't want him to, right? Shouldn't this be the other way around? Normal couples, the girl wants a house but the guy won't buy it for her. But see, you guys." Hannah chuckled. "All he wants to do is take care of you, and you're like 'NO' !"

I smirked and looked at Parker, who was trying to hide a grin. I bust out laughing along with Payson and Hannah, soon followed by Parker and Rick. I went over to Parker and hugged him.

"I'm sorry, honey. I wanted you to feel like you didn't have to do anything for me, but I should have just supported you." I said.

"I shouldn't have gotten mad." Parker apologized. "I just want the best for you and our baby, and I've been mad for a while that the gold ain't coming in like I thought it would be."

"It's okay." I assured him. "We'll be okay. You're the best gold miner I know."

I kissed his cheek and saw the smile on his face.

"Aw, don't that just make you wanna fart?" Hannah said.

"Hush, Hannah." I smirked.

"You're welcome for saving your relationship, guys." Hannah said cockily.

I chuckled and shook my head as I went to get up from sitting in Parker's lap.

"Where you going?" Parker pouted as he pulled me back.

"I gotta finish cooking, baby." I said as I ran my hand over his cheek. "Hey, if you get a rain out, maybe we could..." I whispered the rest in his ear so the rest couldn't hear.

"I'd love to play marbles, baby." Parker smirked.

I went to laughing and felt the blush coming on my face as I buried my face in his shirt.

"Oh, good lord. That's why you're pregnant in the first place, Nicole." Hannah said. "Y'all will never learn."

I glanced over at Rick who had a confused smirk on his face, and I started laughing as I said, "You don't wanna know what we're talking about."

"Probably not." Rick said as he took a sip of his coffee.

"It's just a inside joke that we got." Parker smirked. "But anyway, shut up, Hannah."

"You can't tell my girlfriend to shut up." Payson said.

"What you gonna do?" Parker chuckled. "Come through the phone at me?"

I laughed along with Parker and Rick.

"Oh yeah, I forgot why I called." Hannah said. "All this talk about playing marbles."

"Do you wanna go play marbles, baby?" Payson asked Hannah.

"Payson wanted to tell Parker something." Hannah said.

"You didn't answer his question, Hannah!" Parker smirked.

"Payson, tell your stupid brother what you wanted to tell him." Hannah said.

"Oh yeah." Payson started. "Hey, bro, thanks for making me an uncle! You know what I'ma name it?"

"Oh, good lord." I groaned.

"My little turdhead munchkin!" Payson laughed.

"Payson Schnabel!" I said sternly. "You are not calling my child that!"

"You'll see, Nick." Payson chuckled. "Anyway, I gotta go play marbles with Hannah."

"Payson!" Hannah said as she probably slapped his shoulder.

"Don't get pregnant!" I said.

"I'm not playing marbles with him." Hannah said.

"Oh, yes, she is." Payson corrected.

"Bye, love you two." Hannah said quickly.

"Love y'all too." I said suspiciously as Hannah hung up the phone right when the words were out of my mouth.

"They're definitely playing marbles." Parker smirked.

I laughed as I went to the stove.

"Nah, as much as I wanna play marbles, baby, I don't need a rain out." Parker said.

"Well, at least maybe you won't be too ill if it starts raining, right?" I asked.

"I don't know." Parker smirked. "I'm a grumpy ass sometimes."

I laughed and shook my head. "That could not be more true."

***

It was a little after lunchtime and I had just finished washing the dishes and was putting clothes in the washer when I got a radio from Parker.

"Hey, Nick." I heard Parker say through the static.

"Yeah, babe." I said as I picked up the radio from behind me.

"It started raining."

"Aw, when do you think it'll let up?"

"I don't know, but I'm coming inside, okay?"

"Okay, I'm in the laundry room."

" 'kay." Parker said.

I smiled as I glanced over to the mirror and fixed my hair a little. Then I got back to putting clothes in the washer before putting in the detergent and starting it. Parker had told me that before I came up here, he would wear the same clothes for days at the time. Not on my watch, though. I wash clothes everyday it seems like. Parker changes clothes at least once a day. I can't deal with him if he doesn't change clothes and shower. You might call me OCD about being clean. I can't stand for anything not to be clean.

"Hey, baby." Parker said as he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Parker, you're wet." I groaned as I tried to wiggle out of his grasp.

"I'll make you wet, too." Parker smirked as he whispered in my ear.

"Parker!" I gasped as I held back a laugh. "Put on some dry clothes from the dryer."

"Okay, I'll grab some clothes and we'll go into the trailer and play, huh?"

I smiled and put my hand on the back of his neck. I ran my fingers through his wet hair. I smirked and stood on my tiptoes to whisper in his ear, "You're so sexy when you're wet."

He smirked and pulled me closer to him as he kissed me passionately, roughly, and with all the desire in the world. I moaned slightly as I moved my lips in order to keep up with his. He put his hands under my shirt and began to roam my body. He set me up onto the washing machine and my bare legs wrapped around him just below his waist. He began to run his lips over my neck, breathing huskily as I pulled the damp coat off his shoulders. The coat fell to the ground and Parker moved his hands from my waist to my legs. I pulled his shirt over his head, and he grunted as he pulled me closer to him, and I began to run my hands up and down his back and through his hair. He pulled his over-sized tee shirt off me, and ran his hands over the front of my body. I moaned in pleasure before starting to unbuckle his belt. He started nipping at my ear, breathing huskily. He stopped and backed away from me for a second to close the door. I could see the lust in his eyes as he walked back to me. He took my shorts off and pulled me closer to him again as he sucked at my chest. I unbuttoned his jeans, and they fell to the floor.

"You didn't lock the door." I whispered breathlessly into his ear.

He ignored what I said and continued for his lips and tongue to explore my body that he knows oh so well.

"I love you so much." Parker said huskily.

"I love you more."

***

"Damn it." Parker said to himself as he was buckling his pants back up and I was sliding the shirt back over my head.

About twenty minutes after we had shut the door, Rick had radioed Parker. The rain had stopped and something on the wash plant had broken.

"I swear, for a brand new fucking wash plant, it sure does mess up a lot." Parker said, obviously annoyed that our alone time had been interrupted.

"Seems that way, doesn't it, baby?" I coo at him as I run my fingers through his hair, fixing it. "But don't let it get to you."

"Me and you were having a great time, and Sluicifer was like 'oh, hell no'," Parker cracked a smirk. " 'can't have the boss having a good time. That's too much to ask for'."

I smiled sympathetically at him and continue fixing his hair. "It's alright. There'll be other times."

"Yeah, but this time was a good time." He pouted.

I hugged him and said, "We have a whole lifetime of good times."

"I know." Parker said as he kissed the top of my head. "We're going to be together forever. Just like Grandma and Grandpa."

I smiled as I thought of the beloved memories of our grandparents. I thought about how I saw them through the window that first night I saw them once I had moved back. I thought about how after all those years, they still had romance, and they still loved each other so much. I understand why Grandma was so heartbroken when Grandpa died. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to Parker. I want us to be together forever, and I dread the day that he's not with me anymore.

I held back a frown and smiled, "I know we will."

"I'll see you for dinner, okay?" He said as he looked into my eyes while he held me by my shoulders.

"Be safe, Parker." I said.

Parker nodded as he started out the door.

"Parker." I called, and he turned back around. "I mean it, be safe."

"I will, baby, don't worry. Your sexy man will still be here at dinnertime." He winked.

I chuckled and shook my head at him while he walked out the door.

***

As promised, Parker, along with everyone else, came in for dinner around 6:30. I had made prime rib and mashed potatoes, along with corn and biscuits. All the men came in, grabbing foam plates from the counter and heading to the stove where the food was. I know this is how they always do, and I've learned to make my plate before calling them in. I take my seat at the table, the one beside the head of the table where Parker sits. One by one, everyone gets a plate of food and sits down and starts eating.

"Did y'all get the thing fixed?" I asked as I looked from Parker to Rick.

"Yeah, we got it." Parker mumbled as he chewed.

"Good." I said. "Are you going to keep working after dinner?"

"Might as well." Parker shrugged. "I guess me and Tyson will just keep the wash plant running till about ten, then Brennan and Jordan can take over for the night shift. Unless, of course, Rick wants to cover for me." Parker smirks at Rick.

"Do you need me to?" Rick asked, his mouth full of mashed potatoes.

"Nah, man, it's fine." Parker shook his head.

I smirked at Parker, because I knew why he wanted Rick to cover for him.

"Dad called you earlier, Parker." I told him. "He wanted me to tell you to call him as soon as you can."

Parker smirked. "I can only imagine what he's going to say to me."

I smiled. "He's not mad. But he probably is going to give you a lecture."

Parker smiled. "You know he is. About how I need to man up and take care of you and the baby, and probably a bunch of other stuff."

"Well, maybe that's just what you need." I said. "A stern talking to by your dad. Maybe then you won't be so stressed out and not be ill to your wonderful, loving girlfriend."

Parker shook his head as Rick and I laughed. "Oh yeah, that's definitely what I need."

"Are you going to call him sometime or are you just going to wait until we go down there on Thursday?" I asked Parker before taking another small bite of potatoes off my spoon.

Parker groaned as he stretched his arms out while leaning back in the chair. "I guess if he called me, I need to call him back. Rick, you think you can cover for me on the excavator when we get through eating? I actually need you to now."

"Yeah, till ten, right?" Rick inquired.

"Well, if you want, I can take over once I get off the phone with my dad."  Parker replied.

"Whatever you wanna do, man." Rick shrugged.

***

Once dinner was over, everyone went to doing their own thing. Rick and Tyson went back outside to run the wash plant. Parker followed me to the counter and grabbed his phone from beside mine.

"I'm going to the trailer, okay?" Parker said as he kissed my forehead and held my waist for a second.

"Okay. I gotta wash these dishes, and put another load of clothes on, and I gotta take a shower." I sighed as I thought of all the stuff I had to do.

"Maybe I'll join you for the shower." Parker whispered in my ear, then started walking towards the door.

I smiled and shook my head at the remark that my totally immature boyfriend just made. Well, he's not totally immature; in fact, most of the time, he's a lot more mature than you would expect of a twenty one year old. But around me, he gets a little immature. But, if he didn't make remarks like that, he wouldn't be my Parker. Then again, he's going to be a dad soon, and he's going to have to realize that our relationship is going to change drastically. No more surprise trips, no more going anywhere we want to anytime we want to, no more having alone time whenever we want it, no more staying up all night because of said alone time. Wow, what are we going to do?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.2K 2.5K 39
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...
91.5K 3.1K 28
Yn was married to a cold man, Kim Taehyung, the Mafia King, who never showed any emotion towards her. He never trusted her and it caused him to take...
1M 34K 80
"π™Ύπš‘, πš•πš˜πš˜πš” 𝚊𝚝 πšπš‘πšŽπš–! πšƒπš πš˜ πš•πš’πšπšπš•πšŽ πš—πšžπš–πš‹πšŽπš› πšπš’πšŸπšŽπšœ! π™Έπš'𝚜 πš•πš’πš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽπš’'πš›πšŽ...πšπš˜πš™πš™πšŽπš•πšΓ€πš—πšπšŽπš›πšœ 𝚘𝚏 πšŽπšŠπšŒπš‘...
193K 8.7K 107
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...