Stupid in Love

Bởi silenceseeker

Xem Thêm

Stupid in Love

60 1 2
Bởi silenceseeker

Prologue…

Hi, my name is Summer Silkier, I’m 14 and I live in United States of America, California with my parents, Linda Silkier and Thomas Silkier, and my 12 year old brother Josh. I go to school at St. Martin High. After school Beth Wood (my best friend) and I go to my house and spy on my neighbour/eternal crush, Brendan Elk that lives across the road from me. (And also happens to go to the same school as well). This is my story…

Chapter 1...

“Wake up summer, its Monday, time for school!” yelled my mom.

“I’m already up mom!” I replied.

“Come down then,” said dad, “its time for breakfast.” 

“Okay…” I said, walking down the stairs to the kitchen. “What are we having then?”

“Well… if you lose your attitude, we are having waffles.” replied Mom.

“Oh, would you look at the time got to go. See you!” I lied, as I grabbed a waffle and ran out the door.

On the way to school I dropped by my best friend Beth’s place to pick her up. The door opened…

“Hi Summer,” said Beth’s father, “Beth will be right down.”

About ten seconds later Beth walked out.

“Hello Summer,” she said, “lets go to school before we’re late.”

And with that we were off.

When we got to school the bell rang and we went our own ways.

I went to Biology and she went to English. On my way there I spotted Brendan Elk walking in the same direction so I decided to have a short conversation with him. It turned out to be extra short because as soon as I said hi, his girl friend/queen of the bitches, Sasha Hoaheart crawled up to him and gave him a massive, uber-disgusting, open mouth, brain popping snog, so big she almost sucked his face off. 

In class I couldn’t stop thinking about that kiss and how it would have felt if I was in the place of Sasha.

“Summer, perhaps you would like to explain how you got the answer of question one on page 43?” interrupted Mr. Heart.

“No thanks. I’m good” I replied. Everybody then started laughing hysterically.  

After class I met up with Beth, she was almost about to pop.  

“Summer I have the most amazing news to tell you!!” she said running over to me.

“I won a million bucks?” I wondered.

“No, even better, Brendan broke up with Sasha!” Beth exclaimed.

“Wow that is better than a million bucks. Hang on are you sure they broke up, or was Sasha just flirting with the jocks again?” I said cautiously.

“What? No. I saw them brake up, well not exactly saw them but I heard them, they where waging in the toilets during class and I was in the next cubicle to where they were I got the whole thing on tape.” she squealed.

“Holly matrimony, I have to hear it!!” I said. 

After hearing the tape I said, “There sounds like he has something wrong with him, I mean he sounds different, almost like someone died.”

“Who cares he’s single, now you have a chance to go out with him!” Beth said encouragingly.

“One. I care, two. Who are you going to go out with?” I asked.

After school Beth and I went to my house to spy on Brendan for half an hour.

“Seriously Summer he’s fine, if anything he should be happy to be away from that tick.” Beth said humorously.

“True, but there is more to Brendan than just a grid iron playing jock, with beautiful blonde hair and soft loving green eyes…”

“Stop your making me hurl!!” shouted Beth, pretending to throw up.

I started laughing but then something caught my eye through the telescope I got for my birthday. I looked through.

“Hey something is happening…” I whispered to Beth.

Beth crawled over to me and peeked through the telescope. “oh my bulimic body what is that?” she said.

“Is that… a… a… aahh…chooo!!!!” I sneezed.

“Shhhh!!” Beth hushed. Returning to the telescope, “I see Brendan…Oh my god he’s undressing!”

“Oh my god!! look away! look away!” yelled Beth covering her eyes.

“Don’t be so childish…Look he’s gone away now, stop covering your eyes.” I said to Beth pulling her hands off her face.

On the way to school Beth and I were having a very deep conversation.

“…I mean seriously Brendan is hot!!” started Beth.

“then why don’t you go out with him? I mean he asked you out at the start of middle school…”I said confused.

“Well it’s a long story…” Beth replied with a sigh.

“Okay then I believe you.” I said reassuringly, “Hey have you done your homework?”

When we got to school I saw Brendan in the hall. I decided to give our future another try:

“Hi Brendan i’m sorry to hear about you and Sasha…”I said to him apologetically.

“its okay I mean it was my idea, I’m actually starting to rethink it…” he replied.

“No, no, I mean…you should follow what you think not what other people do. If you were meant to be together, you would still be but obviously you weren’t so this is what happened… just think about that and the decision your about to make. Remember this could make or break the relationship between you both…” I explained to Brendan. Did I just say that? wow I must of dosed off there for a while…oops… I thought to myself.

“Wow Summer, that’s the best advise I’ve ever been given… thankyou.” he said as he hugged me.

He, Brendan Elk, just hugged me… I think I’m going to faint. oh no I am fainting!! No. Get up. Don’t do this  now!! Not now, not in front of him!!

And that was it I blacked out.

The next thing I knew I was in the sick bay with a hundred people crowded around me like I was a super star or a new born baby. Get away!! Don’t look at me!! Oh my gosh… How’s my hair… If my hair is messy I’m going to go ape on them. Then I saw a familiar face. A face of an angel blocking my view of the horrible dark humiliating world, getting rid of the misery and filling the room with passion and happiness. One word…Brendan Elk.

“Are you okay? You fainted in the hall while we were talking.” Brendan said worryingly.

“Uh…I think so…” I said as I sat up in the bed.

“wow, take it easy, don’t need to black out on me again.” he said with a smile.

“I’ll stay here with her to keep watch for a while,” he said to the on lookers and teachers. Then he turned to me, “if you don’t mind?”

God he has a gorgy smile. phwoar…

“ Absolutely” said one of the teachers, “Don’t want anything to happen to her especially after that incident.”

 At the restaurant mom and dad wouldn’t stop arguing about what meal is cheaper.

I turned to Josh who was busy playing on his pay station portable, “Seriously josh, can you turn that stupid thing off for tonight seriously, if your looking for ‘babes’ your going to have a tough time with video games, their into jocks and muscle heads.” I stated, watching his face drop then pick back up into his original annoying smirk.

He replied, “Is that what you like, Summer, muscle headed jocks?”

“Not likely, though you’ll have a hard time getting brain muscles let alone turning into a jock, face it Josh you’re going to burn in high school.” I said in fact, but he quickly came back with:

“yeah in fact, I am going to burn I am going to be so hot they’ll say to me: ‘are you really related to that dorky gir…” but mom cut him off on time

“That’s enough Josh, Summer; this is supposed to be a night where there is no fighting…”

“yeah, that’s why you’re fighting over the most pathetic thing in history.” Josh said referring to mom and dad arguing over the cost of meals.

“oi that’s enough, that’s not how you speak to your mother or me, you hear?” dad squabbled. And for the rest of the night there was only the sound of food being eaten and chatter from other families, oh and Josh’s P.S.P.

On Saturday morning, at around 6am Beth rang me, 

“Hello?”

“hey it’s me Beth, guess what happened,”

“what?”

“Dave asked me out last night!”

Dave is one of the soccer players at school; he’s also in every class of Beth’s. He is fit, has emerald green eyes, bleach blond hair and is extremely smart, but not smart enough to be on the chess club (a.k.a. the geek club)

“Are you serious?” 

“totally, I would’ve rung you last night but you were out with your family so…”

“where and how did he ask you?”

“well it’s a long story… okay, well it all started when he rung me up at 7pm, and asked if I could meet him at the park down the road…”

“hold on what did your parents say?”

“well… I didn’t tell them…anyway I snuck out of my bed room window, which as you know is up stairs, and it wasn’t easy getting down. When I got to the park there was no one there at first, but then I saw Dave getting of his motorised scooter. He looked like an angel coming to me from heaven… any way, he came over to me and we talked for a while then out of the blue he asked me if I wanted to go out to lunch with him today at the ice cream parlour opposite ‘Anne’s Accessories’ and I need an outfit for it. Can you help me pick something to wear?”

“Sure, but you don’t seem the type for this are you sure your ready for a relationship?”

“I’m certain.”

“Ok I’ll be over in a minute…”

When I got to Beth’s house usually her dad opens the door, but this time Beth rushed me through the house, upstairs, and into her room.

“Ok now I’ve divided my clothes up into four piles this one,” she said pointing to the pile of pink and floral prints, “is my girly pile. This pile,” she said pointing to the pile of leather jackets and coats “is the motor cycle pile. This pile,” she said pointing to the leopard and zebra prints “Is the diva pile. And finally,” she said pointing to the skinny leg jeans in all colours of the rainbow, “is my skinny pile” she finished.

I quickly scanned the piles of clothing searching for the best matches.

I quickly chose a low cut cream flowing singlet with a black stripy leather jacket and bright red skinny leg jeans.

She tried it on and I took a photo of her in them. We then added them with a pair of cork wedges with stripy material along the top of the shoe, some chunky bracelets and a long fake pearl necklace.

After that and some tips on being flirty I left for Beth to finish getting ready. She said she would ring me when she got to the location of her date.

To be continued…

Đọc tiếp