203%

By Team_MikaReyes

They got drunk and married in Vegas. More

I
II.
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
Epilogue

XL

14.7K 233 163
By Team_MikaReyes

She took a deep breath of ocean air and held the shawl tighter around herself as she stood there in the balcony, admiring the clear view of the calm see and the starry sky. It really was cold in the U.S.

She smiled to herself.

It's been more than a year since Alyssa and her got divorced.

Sometimes, she still regrets agreeing to that divorce.

Sometimes, she still wonders if they actually made the right decision.

But she knew that they did. 

She knew that she should be thankful that Alyssa asked for a divorce. 

If it weren't for Alyssa, she wouldn't be having this chance to marry the person she loves the most. 

A knock on the door broke through her thoughts and she curiously checked to see who it was.

"Hi, Babe!"

"Alyssa," she said with surprise before it was replaced with irritation. "What are you doing here?"

"Bawal bang dalawin ang asawa ko?" Alyssa frowned.

"I stopped being your wife a year ago... when you asked for divorce," she replied calmly even though Alyssa's presence was making her heart flutter like how it usually did.

"Babe naman, eh! Ikakasal na ulit tayo bukas, ganoon na rin 'yun!" Alyssa used her usual whiny voice again before stepping inside the room and locking it.

"Kahit na. You're still not supposed to be here diba?" she said firmly.

"Babe, bakit ka ganiyan? We haven't had too much time together for the past three months because of the preparations for our wedding pero parang hindi mo naman ako na-miss. Hindi mo na siguro ako mahal," Alyssa pouted while plopping down on the bed.

So dramatic. 

Alyssa kept pouting and she couldn't help herself, she smiled.

"Ang cute mo."

Alyssa frowned at her but did not stop pouting.

"At least you still find me cute even though you don't love me anymore."

She finally gave in and laughed before sitting down beside Alyssa and cupping her face on her hands. Alyssa looked like a fish. A cute one. Really cute one.

"Papakasalan ba kita kung di kita mahal?"

"Eh bakit parang di mo ako na-miss?"

"I missed you. So much, Babe. Pero may I remind you that this was all your idea?" she squinted her eyes at Alyssa.

-

"I want a divorce."

Four words. Four words made her whole world collapse.

Her tears started falling.

"Si Den na ba?" she asked while sobbing.

She wanted to die that moment. 

"Anong meron kay Den?" Ly asked confused. "Pero Babe, wait! Why are you crying?!"

Alyssa knelt in front of her, on her two knees of course, because she was wearing a beautiful dress.

For Den.

"Babe, I'm panicking here! Why are you crying?!" Alyssa asked frantically as she wiped her tears away.

"If...it's not Den, is it because of how busy I've been? Please, Alyssa, babawi ako. I will make time for you. Just don't do this," she begged. "I don't want a divorce. Let's work this out. I love you."

She begged even with her eyes. Alyssa was blurred because of the tears clouding her eyes but she tried to communicate to Alyssa just how much she was willing to fight for her.

Alyssa's eyes widened.

"Oh, shit. Shit! Shit! Fuck! Sorry, Babe! I'm doing this all wrong again!"

Alyssa suddenly stood up and hastily and shakily searched for something in her pouch.

She followed Alyssa's every move and she saw Alyssa put out her phone, hanky, and wires? Before finally taking out a box.

Alyssa went back to her and pulled her up.

"Shit, Babe. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry! I don't mean I want a divorce because I want to break up with you! I'm not that stupid. I love you and like I've said many times before. It's just you!" Alyssa ranted.

She was getting confused. What was going on? At the very least, her tears finally stopped.

"I want a divorce because I want you to marry me again. Properly," Alyssa looked at her softly. "I want us to get married again without alcohol and because we love each other."

Alyssa opened the box and two matching engagement rings, center diamonds in platinum, greeted her.

Processing.

Loading.

"Are you asking me to marry you?"

Alyssa scratched the back of her ear. 

"Uhm, no. I'm not asking. I'm stating a fact. You're marrying me."

She frowned. What? God, she was becoming as slow as Alyssa.

"I don't wanna ask because that gives you an option to say no. You can't say no. Plus, you said I never have to ask!" Alyssa smiled sheepishly. "So what I'm saying is we're getting a divorce and we're gonna do it, we're gonna get married, right after."

She litterally was left speechless. She needed time to process everything. She felt like she went through an emotional roller coaster. 

But Alyssa took her silence the wrong way.

Alyssa put down the box of rings and took both of her hands in hers.

"Look, Babe, these past few months have been difficult for the both of us. We can't even seem to catch a break. It's one problem after the other. And lately, you're getting busy and it scares me. It scares me that what if you become too busy you forget about me or your feelings change? I swear to God it haunts me every time I think of that," Alyssa confessed. "And I don't want that. And I realized a lot of things. I realized that no matter what happens I want to come home to you. I want us to always work things out. I want us to be together forever. I want you to be my wife and I want to be your wife. And I want to tell the whole world about that. But our history, our marriage, is probably not something that people would accept. Not that drunken one. So I want to do it again. I want to marry you."

It was heartfelt. At the end of Alyssa's speech, she hugged Alyssa as tightly as she could.

God, she was so blessed. She cried tears of joy.

"If I had asked, that would have been a yes, right? I'm not asking but some kind of verbal approval from you would be really helpful right now. I'm about to hyperventilate na sa kaba."

She laughed. 

"Anong pinagsasasabi mo diyan? Akala ko ba wala akong choice?" she moved back to look at Alyssa. 

God, she truly was captivating.

"But even if I did, I would say yes."

Alyssa's eyes widened again before her face broke into a grin. 

"Yes? Yes! Yes!" Alyssa screamed excitedly.

Then Alyssa stopped.

"Pero seryoso, Babe, I am not forcing you. You do have a choice. If you don't want to, it's fine. But we won't get a divorce either."

She laughed again. 

Alyssa's reasoning was just...amazing. If she didn't want to, they won't do it but they won't get a divorce. They would stay married. If she wanted to, and she wanted to, they will get a divorce but they will get married again. They stay married either way.

"I want to," she said wholeheartedly.

"You want to marry me? Why?" Alyssa asked again.

"I do. Because you're the only one for me too, Babe," she whispered. "I love you very much."

Alyssa's eyes were starting to water. Alyssa truly was a crybaby but she didn't want Alyssa to cry.

"I love you with 203% of my whole being," she said teasingly.

As expected, Alyssa flushed with embarassment.

"Babe, you really have to let it go. I get it now, okay? Too corny," Alyssa protested. 

"Oh!" Alyssa suddenly exclaimed. "Why did you mention Den kanina, Babe?"

She leaned down and bit Alyssa in the shoulder. Hard.

"Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Babe, what?!" Alyssa said while holding her right shoulder.

She crossed her arms.

"Did you really have to make me think that you were cheating on me with Den?!" 

"WHAT?!" Alyssa screamed.

Alyssa truly did seem like she had no clue so she started telling her about the whole thing with Vic.

"Gago talaga 'yung si Galang! I asked her to escort you here since she's your best friend. I was acknowledging her part in your life na nga eh!" Alyssa fumed. "And Babe, kasama ko talaga si Den for the past two weeks, along with the rest of my friends from ateneo and your friends from la salle! Kasama nga si Ara doon, eh!"

"So bakit may yakap akong dinatnan kanina?" she asked. "And why were you with everyone?"

Realization dawned on Alyssa's face. 

"She was in on it! Kaya pala bigla na lang akong niyakap kasi siguro may some kind of signal sila ni Ara na malapit ka na! Ugh!"

That made sense. She was totally going to make those two pay the next time she saw them.

"Baaaaaaabe," Alyssa suddenly whined again. "Ang haba na nang napag-usapan natin. Can I put on the ring on your finger na?"

She looked at the box Alyssa was holding again. She held out her hand and Alyssa put it on her right ring finger. She took the other ring on the box and put it on Alyssa. 

"Do we really still have to get a divorce?" she asked while looking at their hands.

She knows they will get married again but she was still feeling scared.

Alyssa raised her face. 

"Let's get married properly."

She saw the sincerity in Alyssa's eyes.

She sighed. 

"Siguraduhin mo lang na papakasalan mo talaga ulit ako, Alyssa. Because if this is your way para makatakas sa pagkakatali sakin, sasaksakin kita gamit 'tong heels ng sapatos ko."

Alyssa laughed and it made her heart melt. She loves making Alyssa laugh and she will get to do it for the rest of her life.

"I love you. I really do," Alyssa said before leaning in.

When their lips met, she caught a glimpse of their future, it was her and Alyssa growing old together with their children around. She smiled.

Alyssa groaned before hugging her and whispering to her ear, "I want to leave and make love to you all night long, Babe. But I almost forgot that everyone's waiting upstairs."

She frowned. 

"It's our engagement party siyempre."

Her eyes widened. 

Alyssa pulled her to the second floor of the restaurant which apparently was rented just for them. 

Everyone was there. 

Their families, their close friends, and their teammates. She also saw a huge screen playing a recorded feed of the events in the VIP room.

She squeezed Alyssa's hands and hissed, "They were watching?!"

Alyssa only nodded. 

Ugh. What was she going to do with this woman! 

They were congratulated by everyone and it was an amazing feeling to be welcomed and supported by the people who mattered.

"Aly! Walang sound 'yung live feed kanina!" Kim said.

Something clicked. The wires in Alyssa's pouch.

"Well, I couldn't let them hear about the divorce diba?" Alyssa whispered.

She chuckled. 

They enjoyed the rest of the night with everyone. They dealt with Vic and Den too.

A few days later they flew to Vegas and got divorced. It was weird. But she tried not to let it get to her. Plus, after the divorce, they still celebrated their 1st year anniversary.

When they went back to the Philippines, they decided to come out clean to their families, management, and select friends about their marriage and divorce. That was disastrous but everything got ironed out nicely after a while.

All was well.

-

"Remember now?" she asked.

Alyssa grinned sheepishly at her, showing that dimple under the eyes that she absolutely loves.

"Yeah, but I didn't expect it would mean a lot of time away from you! We're engaged!"

She rolled her eyes again. 

These past three months truly had been hectic for all of them - finalizing wedding details, making sure every important people would make it to their wedding, and their other commitments like business, volleyball, and grad school that they couldn't just ignore.

"Well, tomorrow we're going to be married again. Okay na? You have to go na rin. Hindi ka nga pwede dito. Kapag talaga di natuloy ang kasal natin, Alyssa, dimples mo lang ang walang latay," she threatened.

Alyssa chuckled so she pinched her on her stomach. And she was a tiny bit trying to cop-a-feel of Alyssa's abs. She missed Alyssa after all too.

"The traditions say the groom is not allowed to see the bride a day before the wedding. Eh, wala namang groom satin, Babe. It doesn't affect us!"

She was about to retort about how there was nothing wrong with following superstitious beliefs and traditions instead of risking their wedding but she was interrupted by loud knocks on the door.

"Ate Ly, we know you're there! Open up!" 

It was Bea. She stood up to open the door. Alyssa grabbed her hand to stop her.

"Babe, no," Alyssa whispered. "I wanna sleep here!"

She ignored Alyssa and proceeded to go and opened the door.

"Grabe! You're getting married na nga tomorrow, hindi pa rin kayo makapaghintay!" Bea said with a malicious smile. 

She flicked Bea on the forehead.

"Ouch!" Bea then went behind Jho and encircled her arms around Jho's waist. "Baby, oh! Pinitik niya ako!" Bea whined.

She looked at Bea incredulously. "What the hell? You really are like Alyssa!" 

She turned to Jho.

"Jho, ikaw ba sure ka na sa pinapasok mo? Believe me, it's a lot of work!"

"Nagdadalawang-isip na nga ako, bes!" Jho answered with her pilantik hand in motion.

"Hey!" 

Alyssa and Bea protested at the same time.

Alyssa then put her arms around her waist from behind too. 

"What the hell is this?"

They all turned to Den who was walking beside Vic towards them.

"De Leon, diba ang usapan hanapin 'yang si Valdez at ilayo kay Daks? Tapos kunsintidor ka rin pala," Vic said.

"We tried to stop the love birds naman, eh!" Bea countered.

"Walang forever," Den suddenly said.

She felt the vibration of Alyssa's laughter on her shoulder.

"Grabe, Besh. Are you supposed to say that to your best friend who's gonna get married tomorrow?"

Vic and Den stopped a few steps away from them.

"Oo nga, Den. Ang bitter mo. Broken hearted ka lang kay Alyssa, eh," Vic teased.

She shook her head at Vic's antics.

"Excuse me. Baka ikaw ang broken hearted at hindi pa rin nakaka-move on kay Mika," Den bit back.

"Mas excuse me. Hello! Ara Galang na kayo 'to, pinakawalan pa niya. Siya ang nawalan!"

She chuckled at that.

"Excuse me most," Alyssa cut. "Alyssa Valdez naman ang pakakasalanan niya. Hindi siya nawalan. Not at all."

Alyssa smirked.

"Okay, guys," she butted in. "Balik na kayo sa kaniya-kaniya niyong mga kwarto. Lumalakas ang bagyong Baldo, eh. Ibang level," she teased.

"Baaaaabe," Alyssa whined again before tightening her hug on her. "I'm gonna be your wife na ulit. You really should take my side."

Alyssa pouted.

She turned to Alyssa and looked at her lovingly.

"Babe, the truth is... you're the only storm that swept me off my feet...and I wouldn't have it any other way."

Alyssa's cheeks turned red and she stole a peck on Alyssa's lips.

The moment was cut short when Vic made a gagging sound followed by the laughter of Jho and Bea.

"Seriously, don't you two ever get tired of each other?" Den said with a weirded out look on her face.

"No," she and Alyssa answered at the same time and they shared another kiss.

"Pucha, maghiwalay nga kayo! Ang PDA niyo," Vic said.

"Yeah, it's hurting our eyes!" Den agreed.

Jho and Bea only sniggered.

She glared at the two. Since they moved on from her and Alyssa, Vic and Den tried to annoy them even more.

She remembered something that made her smirk.

"Why don't you guys focus on your own love life na lang?" she asked. "Den, sobrang crush ka ni Daks."

"Talaga, Babe?" Alyssa smirked too. "Kasi Besh told me she has a huge crush on Ara."

The two visibly reddened and clearly avoided each other's gaze.

It was their turn to laugh.

Den recovered first and pulled Alyssa at the back of her shirt like how a cat carries her kitten.

"Ewan ko sa inyo!" Den hissed. "Tara na, Alyssa. Kapag talaga di natuloy kasal niyo, I'm going to laugh."

Alyssa hesitated to separate from her.

"It doesn't apply to us nga!" Alyssa protested. "Walang groom!"

But Den managed to pull away Alyssa from her anyway. Alyssa was frowning as she was being dragged.

When they were a few meters away from her already, she called their attention.

"Den!" Den looked at her with a questionning gaze. "Paki-ingatan. Papakasalan ko pa 'yan."

She winked at Alyssa and Alyssa suddenly beamed.

Den only rolled her eyes.

"Last na, Besh, tapos sasama na ako," Alyssa told Den.

Then, Alyssa ran to her and kissed her fully on the lips.

"I'll see you in a few hours. I love you!"

"I love you, too!"

While their four friends sighed exasperatedly, she didn't care.

Alyssa and her love each other and they weren't afraid to show it.

Tomorrow, she will again carry the name she found hard to give up. She couldn't wait.

Alyssa and her smiled at each other as they separated.

Tomorrow, everything will be as it should be.

-

They held their wedding at sunset, right when the sun gave that beautiful orange glow.

Their entourage, from ring bearers, flower girls, many bridesmaids (they didn't have groomsmen becauee there was no groom and they have a LOT of female friends), and their maids of honors, Ara and Den, walked in the center aisle. But not them.

Mika walked from the left side of their altar, Alyssa walked from the right. While it divided their guests attention, they preferred it that way. No one was going to wait. They will both meet each other in the middle.

Both of them wore simple white gowns that fit them perfectly and made them look angelic. In each other's eyes, they were the most beautiful sight in the whole world.

Their parents escorted them to the altar. Everything passed in a blur because they could only see each other. Nothing else mattered.

When they were asked to give their vows, Alyssa went first.

"Babe, I know we agreed not to say anything about this but I just have to. I'm sorry for not following an agreement, please don't divorce me," Alyssa said sheepishly.

The crowd laughed and even Mika chuckled.

"31 months ago," Alyssa said softly. "We got drunk and married in Vegas."

The crowd gasped.

Alyssa heard the murmur of the people and since they've also invited close friends from the volleyball community including journalists, she knew that people would soon know about it. She didn't care. She never looked away from Mika.

Mika looked only mildly surprise before smiling at her, urging her to go on.

"I remember how awkward it was given our UAAP history. People can hardly call as friends. But then while talking about getting a divorce, I got to know you better. I didn't even know when it started but after that, I found myself wanting to talk to you and see you everyday. You became the first person I wanted to share to about the things I did. Every achievement, every emotion, everything - I wanted to share it with you. And I wanted to be the same person for you. I wanted to know what you did, how you were feeling, what made you smile that day. I wanted to know everything about you and I wanted to be always there for you.

I fell in love with you. And everyday since, I wanted to see you first thing in the morning. I wanted you to be the one I come home to every night. I wanted a family life with you.

Babe, people would probably say that getting drunk and married was a huge mistake. We both thought it was too. But that's not how it is anymore. And even if it truly was a mistake, I would gladly keep repeating that same mistake just to end up here with you."

Mika'e eyes started to water feeling overwhelmed with Alyssa's love for her. She squeezed Alyssa's hand hoping to tell her that she felt the same way.

"I promise you that my feelings for you will never waver. I promise that everything I told you just now will stay true until the day I die. I promise you that I will be there with you every step of the way as we face the future. God, Babe, words are not enough to tell you what I am willing to do with you and for you. I will promise you and give you the world if I can. I love you and no words, no actions would be enough to show you how much. But I will try. I love you so much!"

Mika wanted to kiss Alyssa the moment she finished. But there was a right time for that. She wiped the tears instead and took a deep breath to say her piece.

"First of all, I will never divorce you. I don't think I'll be able to survive another one," Mika said with a small smile. "And I knew I should have gone first. Now you've said most of the things I want to say!"

Alyssa chuckled and so did the crowd.

"It wasn't a mistake. It was a blessing in disguise. I have always felt so blessed with my family, friends, career, everything. But when you came into my life, I felt like God gave me the greatest blessing. You.

Like you, I don't know when or how it started but I fell in love with you. Maybe it was when you smiled at me because you know how your dimples captivate me. Maybe it was when I saw you wear our wedding ring as a pendant and I realized I actually wanted to see it on your finger. Or maybe it was when I closed my eyes and dreamt of you playing with kids, our kids, because for the first time in my life, I had prayed for a dream to not end. But it did and since then, I've always wanted to make it a reality."

Mika had to take another deep breath as she melted through Alyssa's loving gaze.

"Someone once told me that some of the greatest love stories are the tragic ones. I don't think so. For me, the greatest love story is the one where we grow old together until all our hairs are white, watching our children be happy with their own family, and playing with our grand children.

Babe, you've already said the promises I want to make to you. I can only add that I promise to make you happy or die trying. And I promise to always work things out with you no matter what hurdle comes our way. I love you, Babe. I love you more than anyone will ever know."

Alyssa pulled Mika close and brushed her lips shortly against Mika's. She wasn't able to stop herself. Mika just made her the happiest person alive.

When the officiator, finally announced their bond, they didn't wait to be told to kiss.

It was their first kiss as a married couple who married for all the right reasons.

It was a kiss that promised a future full of peace, love, and happiness.

THE END.

-

Author's notes: Totoo na 'to, guys. This is the end of 203%. And as much as I hate cliche wedding at the end of a story, I'm a sucker for happy endings. At dahil nga ito ta ang first to be completed multi-chaptered MikaSa fic, magpapaka-cliche talaga tayo. Yes, may epilogue. Married life. Sorry, crappy. Hindi ako magaling sa ganiyang scenes eh. Hahahaha.

Gusto ko lang talaga magpasalamat sa lahat ng sumuporta dito. Thank you! The best kayo! At sorry sa last chapter. HAHAHAHAHA. Ang intense niyo nakakaloka. And gusto ko lang dipensahan si Ly, alam niyo namang slow at dense si Ly sa story na 'to pero never niyang intentionally sinaktan si Mika. Mahal niya eh. Si Ara at Den talaga may kasalanan mga beh! Nasobrahan sa pagkabully! 😅

I hope na kahit tapos na 'to, patuloy nating ipromote ang #AnimOBF through MikaSa. Ang mag-Babe talaga ang sagot sa fanwars eh. Char.

Yun lang. Epilogue and we're really done.

Thank you, guys! Sobra! Love you all! 😆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 5.2K 36
She was crazy. She made me crazy. But I was crazier because I was falling in love with her.
132K 4.4K 18
Acadia Peirce is about to get married to Tom Anderson and her friends decide to bring her to Vegas for a bachelorette party she will surely never for...
59.1K 1.5K 25
One drunk night in Vegas gave Kimber Smolyaninova a husband who she never saw again and a daughter. Five years later Kimber finally finds him. But w...
10.6K 285 15
Erin and Jay got married in las Vegas but thought it was fake NBC The carters don't belong to me they belong to Dick wolf