Alfonso's Bride

נכתב על ידי tartiana

Forced into marriage for a business deal, Helena has to face the difficulties of being a wife. Her misery ho... עוד

ME
Prologue
Home- 1
Wedding- 2
Wedding night- 3
Shopping- 4
Good goes wrong-5
St Peter's... 6
Diagnosed-7
Hospital-8
Hospital 2- 9
Shower- 10
Getting Green-11
Apologizing- 12
Day Out-13
Suicide- 14
Gags- 15
Day in bed- 16
Day with Annie- 17
hospital-18
Dance-19
Melanie-20
Alfonso!!!-21
Revelation-22
Hospital-23
two years later...25
EPILOGUE

Coming home -24

2.3K 86 4
נכתב על ידי tartiana

"Hello Helena." Helena looked up to find Peter nervously fiddling with his fingers. He looked weird doing that especially when considering his cold character and being. "Do you want to talk about Sir Diego. Since you arrived you're different, even your accent. You are a lot quieter now and you do not open up anymore."

Helena shook her head and sat up on her bed. Peter followed suit as he went to sit next to her on the bed. "Do you want to talk?" He asked sweetly and Helena was reminded of the times they used to chat a lot together and generally have a nice time together.

"No, I want to lie here and cry." The two looked at each other and smiled. Helena however did not keep up with the smiley as she was already crumbled down by tears.

"Sir Diego called (means he came) on the morrow of Sunday, he was looking for your father. After they talked Sir Diego looked a lot upset, I had a thought he was going to cry. He asked me to take care of you if he did not survive. I think he will make it though, he needs to be strong for the both of you. He loves you Helena, from the way you talk about him to the way he looked into my eyes when he asked me to take care of you. What I know is that he will be fine, whatever his cancer case be, the tumor would be controlled just fine." Peter explained now leaning closer to Helena who just could not stop crying.

"He gave me this cowrie..." Helena said presenting the cowrie to Peter. The two looked at each other in wonder with Helena smiling through her tears. They looked overly excited to study the antique token.

"From Asia?" Peter asked and Helena laughed shaking her head, "It is from Africa, he got it for me all the way from Africa. I did not even see him go to port Bennyfraw but next minute he had it in a wooden box."

"I don't believe it. Did Camille see this?" Helena shook her head. Camille was now a distant friend and they both knew it. Since she had gotten married she had left home and Helena had seen her once. She knew six months was a short time but with all the events that had happened in Helena's life it sure was a lifetime. Peter might not have been married yet but everyone in the house had changed.

"You better. Maybe you will believe it one of these days when you get married. All your four brothers are married, your older sisters even Caroline your little sister is married."

"It is different." Peter argued weakly. He had no excuse, Helena thought. He was of age and they were now exceedingly mature which made it highly odd considering that they still talked a lot and slept together, well at least before Helena was married.

"And how is that different?" Peter shook his head.

"It does not matter now. I am here for you now, so we shall proceed to talk about you. First, I hope I had not mentioned this before but you talk differently now. You drop all the 'g's in all the verbs in continuous tense. It has lost its deep and the drawl we got in etiquette school. It's kind of funny really. Sentence length has been reduced. You talk in phrases sometimes."

"Alfonso has a rough rural accent he got from St Peter's. So I learnt it. Annie was born in St Peter's and she has a soft tongue and there is Claire who I do not understand most of the time she be like, what'u all doin' here. Ain't it a little too late to be up and about feeding them wild horses."

Peter laughed, or at least snorted at the way she changed her accent. He loved it but he hated the fact that tears were still on the brim of her eyes showing that she still wanted to cry. It was clear that even as they were chatting with Peter her mind was on what possibly could be happening with Alfonso.

Peter decided to break the lie they were in, "You should stop thinking about him, at least when I am here. It wearies me to see you sad." Helena looked at him and that undid her tears forcing her to lie back in bed.

"I can't Peter, I'm trying here for you okay. I can not stop thinking about what may be happening to him in hospital now..." Helena explained wiping the tears from her eyes resting her face on her palms. Peter pulled her up by the neck tilting her face so she stared at him.

"I am sorry Helena okay, this is hard for me too. You do not get any of it and you shall never. There are a lot of things you do not know about me and you may never know as well. I really don't want to see you sad. If I had a say in this Sir Diego would-"

"-be on the door this moment." A deep voice sounded on the doorway and Alfonso emerged wearing a black suit with a startling white shirt. He had a blue tie on and a sweet smile on his face. Helena slowly stood up, she looked at Alfonso and hair hands both clutched her mouth.

She blinked vigorously and tears started flowing from her eyes.

"Go on now, why are you waiting?" Helena chuckled at Peters comment and she scrambled on her feet stumbling towards Alfonso. Alfonso hugged her and smiled at Peter who was already coming out the door.

"Are you feeling well now Alfonso?" Peter asked with over faked concern which made Alfonso grow a bit curious.

"I am a bit tired and I have a slight headache. But thank you for asking."

"When did you have your operation?"

"A fortnight ago. I was discharged only yesterday. I was told I had been sleeping till the day before yesterday." Alfonso answered businesslike.

"If someone punched you on the face, would it have effect?"

"Actually, I do not think so. Unless they punch me on the head. No one will be punching me, what kind of a question is that and why do you ask?"

"Because." Peter threw a punch which caught Alfonso on the lower lip causing him to stumble backwards while Helena cringed. "Never lie or hurt her again!"

Alfonso looked confused but answered all the same, "Yes sir."
Helena smiled at Peter and hugged him. He seemed to stiffen up a bit because of the hug but cast an eye at Alfonso who looked uncomfortable. Peter, without warning smashed his lips on Helena's, claiming entrance when the woman squealed. His tongue scrapped on her teeth and savoured the rest of her mouth while Helena was too perplexed to move. He held her arms and pulled her towards him.

Alfonso's jaw ticked and he hauled Peter off Helena and eyed him angrily. Peter raised his hands up in surrender then went out of the room.

"What was that all about?" Helena asked flushed and Alfonso grabbed her and kissed her on the lips. He cradled her cheeks in his palm tilting her head towards his while he kissed her very gently. Her hands clutched his collar, her knuckles turning from the tight grip.

Alfonso pushed the door closed with his foot and gently pushed Helena against it. His hand gripped the small of her back grinding her against himself. She moaned.

"I thought you wouldn't make it." Helena trembled through the kiss but Alfonso crushed his lips on hers deepening the kiss such that she could not talk anymore but just moan. Slowly they pulled away but Alfonso's hand lingered on Helena's neck as he toyed with the strap of her dress.

"We will finish this tonight." Alfonso almost but purred into her her ear.

"He loves you, is what that was all about." Alfonso said suddenly tilting his head towards the door indicating Peter, "He has not gotten married and now he is punching me for what I did. I know what I did was evil but I did not want to put you in agony if I did not make it out of the operation alive. I am sorry okay?" Helena nodded.

"How did you know....that Peter...?" Helena asked with a very low voice still panting as she bit her lower lip. It was crazy how Alfonso affected her.

"I know you thought you were going to be married. He is heartbroken that you are not. The punch was not for how I acted only but for what I did too- by taking you. I know a lot you are hiding, like the fact that Annie is my mother and that my mother was a royal not my father."

"How-"

"It doesn't matter. We are talking too much of what does not matter. I love you is what matters. Are you coming home with me tonight?" Alfonso asked, his handsome features showing.

"Did you bring a carriage?" Alfonso shook his head and took out keys from his pocket.

"I brought a car instead. Not hired but I bought it for us and the family..." Alfonso drawled his sentences especially the word 'family' putting sexual connotations to it.

"What family?"

"Oh the one we will have, Ma Donna. Let us get home and try reproducing, I will explain the process when we are now on my bed."

"Is that all you always think about? Are you never romantic?"

"No really. Romance creeps me but let me try. Uhm... I think you look very pretty. I love you very much. Do you want us to go home, I tried to make dinner? Did I say it right this time?"

"No, but I will take it. Let us go." Alfonso hugged her one more time and they held hands as they came out the door.

"Does Peter always have his hair that way?"

Helena cast a sides glance at him, "Its natural."

Alfonso shrugged."Let us go. I am scared of your father though, what do I say?" Helena shook her head and hauled a servant on the corridors that led downstairs.

"Will you get my luggage ready, I did not unpack but there are gowns in my closet that I need you to put it in the case." The house help nodded.

Alfonso and Helena proceeded downstairs into McAfee's office.
"Father, I'm leaving."

"You used to call me pa. What changed Helena?"

"You used to call me Haley, what changed pa?"

"You have become rude too. It almost looks like you are a new person now. Someone I do not know." McAfee explained looking at his daughter.

"I grew up. I got married remember? I came to tell you that I'm leaving."

McAfee nodded and led them outside. Helena's mother followed behind the couple as they went out.

Helena's luggage was put in the car and the chauffeur took off immediately. "By, God you have changed. Is Alfonso feeding you with all the rude," Alfonso said with a heavy British accent that got Helena laughing.

"Don't you mock my family now. It angers me." They both laughed. It was not funny really but they were both happy now and they knew nothing would ruin the happiness.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is what I could

I write for you...read for me

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

4.2K 347 31
Everything has been peaceful and nice for the lovely couple... almost too quiet. And when it's been serene for too long, someone has to come along an...
112K 3.4K 20
All Caroline's (Cara's) life, she has wanted a happy ever after. She wants to marry a man, live in a nice house, and have a family. Caroline never ga...
27.5K 1.1K 19
What happens when a marriage of convenience blossoms into something beautiful? Getting married was the easy part, a honeymoon on the other hand was a...