Mismatch |Book 1|

By NiyAlsina

Demitri is just a normal teen, enjoying his senior year alongside his best friend, Tyler. Reina is...differen... More

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Nineteen
Twenty.
Twenty-one
Twenty-two.
Twenty-three.
Twenty-four.
Twenty-five.
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven.
Twenty-eight.
Twenty-nine.
Thirty.
Thirty-one.
Thirty-two
Thirty-three.
Thirty-four.
Thirty-five.
Thirty-six.
Thirty-seven.
Thirty-eight.
Thirty-nine.
Fourty.

Eighteen.

14.7K 897 436
By NiyAlsina

The girl who plays Reina changed her IG name. So if anybody knows what it is, let me know. 😂😂

Reina

"Just tell me w-who she is!" I yelled at Tyler. This has became a everyday thing for the past month. It's been a whole month and he still won't tell me who Arielle is. It makes me more suspicious as time goes on.

This whole Arielle situation is really bugging me. I want to know who she is because it's obviously a reason why Tyler felt the need to keep her a secret.

"I told you she's nobody, and don't yell in my face." He rolled his eyes, concentrating on his game.

I stood in front of his tv.

"Move, man." He pushed me out of his face. But I reclaimed my position.

He let out and agitated sigh, "I'm not playing with you Reina."

"Tell me who she is." I demanded.

"...She's my ex..."

"Why you lie a-about n-never having a g-girlfriend?" I asked.

"Because she isn't important."

"She has to be i-if you dated her f-for t-two years." I suddenly said making my eyes go wide.

His eyebrows scrunched up, "How did you know I dated her for two year?"

"U-uhh.."

He sat his controller to the side on his bed, and slowly rose up from his bed. His tall stature stood over my short one. I felt the intimidation radiating off of him.

"How did you know?" He asked slowly.

"D-Demitri." I gulped.

He walked up closer to me. Every step he got closer, I got further. That was until he trapped me in a corner. His body was at least two inches from mine.

"What else did he tell you?"

"N-nothing."

He grabbed me by my arm, "You're lying."

"Ouch, Tyler!" I cried out. His grip was getting tighter.

"Don't lie to me." He growled.

I pried his grip off of me and rubbed the bruise.

"I'm sorry." He tried to touch me but I jumped away. "Baby-"

"Leave me alone." I walked out of his room.

I rushed downstairs stairs with tears running down my face. I'm beginning to think Demitri was right.

Tyler isn't the prince charming I thought he was.

°•°•°•°•°

"What's that on your arm?" Kylee asked while we were in art class. We were painting so I rolled up my sleeves, forgetting the bruise Tyler gave me yesterday.

"Nothing." I pulled down the sleeve to were she couldn't see it.

"It looks like some-"

"It's nothing." I snapped.

"Okay, I was just asking." She held her hands up in surrender.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Was it Demitri?" She asked, scanning the room for him.

"No, it was-"

"Class, this is Arielle, I want you all to make her feel welcomed." Mrs. Hudgens announced. Her interpreter stood next to Arielle, signing everything the teacher said.

My head snapped in her direction and my jaw dropped. She looked so much like me. It was almost scary. Well, we weren't alike in the body department.

"Damn, she's still bad." Kylee smirked.

"You know her?" I asked.

"I know of her. She's deaf, I know she dated Tyler for two years then we heard her and her family moved. No explanation."

Arielle claimed the empty easel next to me. She looked at me and Kylee and waved.

She signed to me saying I was pretty. I knew how to sign because my grandmother had only twenty percent hearing and it was slowly decreasing. So my mom and I took ALS classes with her. She passed away two years ago.

"Thank you." I signed back to her.

"How the hell you know how to do that?" Kylee nudged me.

I ignored her, noticing Arielle was trying to tell me something.

"I heard your Tyler's girlfriend."

"I am."

"Be careful."

Here we go again with this. What is it that I have to be careful about? I need answers.

"What do you mean?"

She looked down at my bruise that was showing again. I awkwardly pulled my sleeve all the way down.

"Whatever you do, don't make him mad."

She picked up a brush and began going to work on her easel.

I've reached another dead end. How am I supposed to be careful if I don't know what I'm watching out for. First Demitri, now her. Why can't they just tell me?

Tyler won't, I'm not even talking to him after what he did. He truly scared me.

"So is nobody going to tell me what the fuck y'all just said?" Kylee said.

"It's nothing."

Demitri

I was walking to the bathroom when I slammed against a locker. Tyler stood in front of me not looking too happy.

"Why the fuck you tell her about Arielle?" He growled.

"Don't come up slamming into shit. You must've lost your mind, nigga." I shoved his away from me.

"Why did you tell her?"

"Tell who?" I played dumb.

"Reina."

I smirked, "About what?"

"Stop playing with me, Demitri. You know I'm talking about Arielle." He raised his voice.

"Who?"

He grabbed me by my shirt and slammed me into the locker again.

"I know you want Reina, but she's mine. You knew what I was doing that night we went out to celebrate. I fucked her in that bathroom because I knew it would get under your skin." He gave me a sinister smirk. "How does it feel, Demitri? How does it feel knowing I was in her first? How does it feel knowing I tasted her first. How does it feel knowing I made her scream my name?"

I felt my blood boiling. He didn't deserve Reina. I didn't like the way he was flaunting all the things he did to her in my face.

I pushed him off of me, "She'll learn who the real you is soon."

"How will she? You gonna tell her?" He laughed. "She won't believe you."

"But she will believe Arielle." When her name flew from my mouth his eyes got as big as saucers. "Today's her first day back. Maybe the others will come too. We'll see."

I strolled past him with a satisfied smile on my face. His past will eventually come to light. And it won't be pretty at all.

°•°•°•°•°

Reina sat on my bed asking me a million questions. She met Arielle and I can tell Arielle said something.

"What does it mean? W-why can't you tell me?" She asked.

"It's not my place to tell you."

"But you brought it up. Please just tell me. Please, Demmy." She pouted. I love when she does that.

Demmy is something she started calling me. I think it sounds girly, but I like when she calls me Demmy.

"You shouldn't pout, you'll get wrinkles in your forehead." I told her, changing the subject.

She sighed and turned her attention to the TV. I stared at her, taking in her beautiful features. One day I'll have her to myself. More than a friend.

"Demitri, why are-"

"Sh." I slowly leaned in and kissed her. Her lips were unbelievably soft

The surprising thing about it is, she kissed back...

♢♢♢♢

I'm not spilling the tea just yet! 😂

Demitri and Reina?

Tyler?

Arielle?

Excuse mistakes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127 2 31
A 17 year old high school girl is a hard working A honor roll student, Latia. She's shy and quiet and even though this is her Senior year, its kinda...
4K 81 18
A boy named Victor who has to write to his doctor and has to talk about his feelings. He meets another boy which leads into deeper feelings. (If you...
310K 14.5K 50
Amari, 17 year old girl who takes care of herself and lives by herself. After her Parents death she doesn't trust anybody, anyone and a grew up to be...
1K 132 19
Tessa just turned 16. A high school girl with great friends and hot boys ... a lot of hot boys. But what will happen when they're all trying to be w...