Unexpected

由 Zuri_Mendoza_

His name is Jake, and he is the next in line to run his family company. He is unbelievable dreamy, but I can'... 更多

Chapter 1
Chapter 3

Chapter 2

11 0 1
由 Zuri_Mendoza_

Emma

"Let's go shopping'' Lexi said, "okay, where to?"
"My dad's girlfriend said there's this nice clothing store down the street called Lager's, wanna go check it out?"
"yeah sure"
When we reached down the road to see the sign Lager's, next to the store I saw the hottest guy ever, going in with some blond chick. I told Lexi to hurry just to see him closer without him noticing me. When we were inside the store, immediately the smell of strong coulomb scent had my nose hurting. Lexi went straight to the heels and I went to the clothes on the shelves. I was looking at this red gorgeous dress on the rack someone bumped into me, at first I saw the bond hair until I look at the other side to see him staring at me with this intense gazed that got my heart ponding.

"watch were you're going" I turned around to see who she was talking too but when I noticed it was just me and them, she was referring to me. "I'm sorry" I said with embarrassment. She turned around with face of disapproval and pull the guys arm to follower her while he mouth's 'I'm sorry' and then disappeared. "what a bitch" I heard Lexi say, how long has she been standing there? "yeah" I said. "that guy was hot though" Lexi said with a dreamy look on her face, 'I agree' was what I wanted to say but instead I said "if you say so" "come on, did you see his jaw line?" "yes" "and you have nothing to say about that?" I do but not nothing I want to admit out loud and plus it's not like I'm ever going to see him again, anyways I'm hungry I've haven't eaten since brunch and its 3:15 PM. "let's go get something to eat"
We got home when the moon was out shimmering in the darkness. I was getting everything ready for the first day of college. My first class starts at 7 am and then it goes on.

I was nervous when I was walked into my 1st class. I made sure I was the first one to be there since I wanted the front seat, so that I wouldn't have anyone staring at me if I was 5 minutes late. While the class room starts to get cluster with voices the professor come's in introducing himself as Professor Daniel's, and that he doesn't tolerate late work and tardiness. Since none of those were my concerns this was going to be and easy class as well as my other classes. I arrived home first then Lexi but I already knew that was going to happen since she starts her classes late. 3o minutes had pass by and I'm almost done with the homework. The professor's thought it was a good idea to send so much homework the first day. Lexi comes in and slams the door behind her, she looks at me and rolls her eyes. "What happened to you?" I asked. "They gave me a course at school that I didn't ask for and they won't let me change it, they said that it was supposed to be done yesterday so now I'm stuck in there." I felt bad for Lexi only because I knew she didn't like to waste time on something she knows it's not beneficial for her future.
"but guess what?" she said with a grin. I looked at her with amusement "what?"

"My dad is giving this huge Gala thing for the company and I'm on this list with a plus one, wanna go with me?" I almost forgot that we moved to Seattle and lived 10 minutes away from her dad, but I just don't want to go and these professor's gives out a lot of homework and I know they aren't due until next week, it's just that I'm the type of person who finish it first before I do any fun stuff with Lexi. "no thank you I have homework" as I pointed to the papers on the coffee table. "Ohh come on, it's the actual first time I got invited to go to these things' with my dad I want you to be there with me, pleaseeeeeee?" ugh I hate how good her excuse was because she never saw her dad's world. I guess I could, it's just one night it won't hurt me right? "okay but just to warn you I have nothing fancy" "oh don't worry I already got all that, I told my dad I would bring you and gave him our dress and shoe size and he gave them to.... guess who?" she said with a huge grin "who?" I ask not even hiding the excitement out of my voice "TESSA MOTHER FUCKEN TESSA!" "holy shit" I'm not into fashion as much as Lexi but even I know who that is. She started her career at 16 and drop out of college because she thought if wasn't helping her with her clothing line after that she put her whole time in her line and got noticed and then the next thing she was number 1 in the industry at age 23.

The dresses arrived right on time. I went to the restroom to finish my make up, then I went to the black box that said my name on it 'Emma' on it and open, to see these gorgeous heels that look like they scream "sex" from a mile away. They do not look like something I'll ever wear but for this day I'll make an exception since I don't have nothing else.
I stared at the stranger in the mirror, I don't look like the plan old Emma no more I looked like a celebrity on the red carpet. I was wearing an original Tessa Hilton dress that was blood red color, with a ve neck that stopped at my mid stomach, it also was tight in my mid- section that made my curves pop out like never before, it had a slit cut on my right leg that stopped on my mid- thigh. I never ever wore something that exposed my figure. I was never confident in my body when my best friend looked like a Victoria Secret model but, now looking at myself in the mirror I wondered why I ever felt that way. Lexi came in the room and looked my u and down nodding her head up and down, she then looked straight in my eyes and said "Dammm Emmie where have you been hiding?" I felt the blood rising you to my face while I took her compliment with a "I don't know" answer.

Lexi father had a car waiting for us outside the apartment. I really felt like a famous person but with paparazzi, I'm not sure how I feel about it, only because I had a stranger driving me to places.
We arrived just when Lexi father Theo Lawton got out of his personal car. "daddy" Lexi said with a huge grin, I can tell she was excited to be here with her father for the first time to see what it's like to be in his world for once. Lexi mom won custody of her so when she was 18 she was more than willing to come to college in Seattle and made all the connections to have an actual father daughter bond with him. Lexi always loved her dad more.

"oh honey it's good that you came today and even brought Emma here with you like I asked" he said with a knowing smile. "yes I even made her look for the part" I looked at her confused, trying to read between the lines "umm, look for what?" I asked waiting for an answer but al he said was 'not here, let's go inside and fine a private place to chat' this was now scaring me, why did they want me hear? what I'm I ready for? but it just leads to a dead end. When we reached the ball room Mr. Lawton was greeted by everyone, even young ladies that look like 2 or 3 years older than me and Lexi were eyeing him. I forgot how young he is, he had Lexi in his senior year of high school and got married a year later but it just didn't work out for them. Mr. Lawton always wanted to go to business school while Lexi mom wanted to do education, I guess that explains why Lexi is just so smart.
When we reached the glass doors that leads to the balcony, Mr. Lawton said "here" and dragged me and Lexi to go in. The rush of the wind hit my face, raising goosebumps down to my legs, the city was beautiful from up here, the light shining the night sky made it look so artistic. I turned around to face Mr. Lawton to see what he has to say to me, but he never informs me so I had to speak up.

"Mr. Lawton what was all this for? what part I'm I dressed for to be exact?" my heat was ponding nonstop; I hate being left out on something that involve me in it. He finally turned to face me "I wanted your help in something, and since your very beautiful, intelligent and mature for your age and I thought you would be the perfect candidate for the job I have in mind" I let out a sigh that I didn't even know I was holding in. Curiosity won the best of me so I asked what for?
"I need you to get one of my old, biggest investors back on board with me. Don't worry I'm not asking for you to sleep with him or any physical contact. The other thing is it's not him you're going to charm it's his son, his son is 23 years old and his father is going to retire this year and he is handing it to his son. The boy never liked me and I never knew why and so that's when I need you to step in and when him over to my company." why does he think I'm the right fit to this job? why not chose Lexi? "why isn't Lexi for the job?" "Because I need you to do an internship for his building and Lexi has my name he going to be suspicious with me." he let out a small sigh then rubbed his chin than said "Not to be mean Emma but, it seems like you the lease person to get attached since you never dated in high school." the blood rushed to my face making my cheeks red so I looked down and agreed. I'm not interested in dating anytime soon, I have business school to focus on.

"so it's settled then? will you do it for me?" "under one condition,"
"what is it Emma, I'll do anything?"
I looked up to face him "promise me this is the only thing I'll ever do for you?" I know it sounded harsh but I had to be straight up with him, I didn't like this plan at all but if my best friend future is at steak I'll do it. "yes I promise and I know you're not doing this for me, you're doing this for Lexi and I appreciated it more, I wouldn't want to leave the company to Lexi without the biggest investor we ever had." I really felt bad for Mr. Lawton only because he must have it bad with the guy I have to convince to stay in the project.
The little meeting, we had was over, he told me everything I was supposed to do, he also he was going to be here tonight and to stay low so that he wouldn't recognize me for the interview tomorrow that he plans on making it happen soon. To be honest this guy already sounds like snob and I don't want to be anywhere close to him. He sounds like his cocky cause he has money

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

261K 31.4K 24
People meet by accident, People fall in love by accident, But people surely don't become someone's baby daddy accidentally, or do they? What started...
3.1M 199K 90
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
687K 26.6K 75
Lilly found an egg on a hiking trip. Nothing abnormal on that, right? Except the egg was four times bigger than supposedly the biggest egg in the wor...
3.2M 259K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...