Leave Me Alone { n.s. }

By coffeestainss

Nathan Sykes. He's just your average student at White Chapel High, right? Wrong! Thing is, he's a bloodsuckin... More

Chapter 1 - The New Guy
Chapter 2 - Detention
Chapter 4 - Friendship Is In Order
Chapter 5 - Anything Is Possible
Chapter 6 - What Are You Doing Here?
Chapter 7 - You Don't Even Know Him
Chapter 8 - Carnival
Chapter 9 - Different
Chapter 10 - The Incident
Chapter 11 - Matchmakers
Chapter 12 - Surprise
Chapter 13 - Soulmate?
Chapter 14 - Sick Day
Chapter 15 - Lovely
Chapter 16 - Winter Dance
Chapter 17 - Can I Trust You?
Chapter 18 - Will You...
Chapter 19 - Demons In My Head
Chapter 20 - Siva The Diva
Chapter 21 - Two Nathans?
Chapter 22 - Dress Shopping
Chapter 23 - Is He Hiding Something?
Chapter 24 - I Have Something To Tell You
Chapter 25 - I Am a Vampire
Chapter 26 - Panic Attack
Chapter 27 - Blood For The First Time
Chapter 28 - Selfish
Chapter 29 - Nothing To Me
Chapter 30 - Resist
Chapter 31 - Arguments
Chapter 32 - Control
Chapter 33 - Something Isn't Right
Chapter 34 - He's Back
Epilogue

Chapter 3 - I'm Max, By The Way

1.2K 31 1
By coffeestainss

Skye's POV

"Skye! Skye get up!" My mum woke me up this morning, yelling from her room.

I sat up in bed. "I'm up mum!" I called back. 

I shuffled out of bed and checked the time. 6:45. School would start in an hour and a half. That gives me enough time.

I got my clothes out and started my shower.

When I got out and got my clothes on, I went downstairs to fix myself a cuppa. I put two sugars in, just how I like it. As I was drinking, I thought about last night. Could that have been a stupid dream?

It had to be. Nathan Sykes, a stalker? Ha! Right.

He hates me for some unknown reason. Why would he be stalking me if he hates me so much? That's backwards.

It makes no sense!

Nathan's POV

This is such bullshit!

I cannot believe this.

I can't believe I still can't find my soulmate!

Yeah, yeah. Soulmate. I said it.

I know that 'soulmate' sounds like a load of lovey-dovey bullcrap, but there's a reason why I'm talking about it.

I'm a vampire.

Yeah. A vampire. I know, vampires aren't real, right? Well, we are! Surprise, surprise, I guess.

Back to the soulmate stuff. Every vampire has their one soulmate; the one that's made for them. That one person they are destined to be with. The one that they spend eternity with once they find them.

But, that's kind of besides the point.

I'm 119, and i've been looking for my soulmate. I know, 119 years sounds like a lot and it makes me sound old, but it's really not a lot. It feels like it hasn't even been that long, though I know it has.

Just then, my friend Max came in through the window. He's also a vampire who goes to school with me. It's Max, Me, and our other friend Tom.

"Hey Nath." Max said.

"You couldn't come through the front door?" I asked.

"Too much work. Easier to just climb in through here." He shrugged.

"Suit yourself." I said, looking out at Skye's quiet home.

"Found her yet?" He asked, referring to my soulmate. 

"No. But I have bigger issues at the moment." 

"Like?"

"This girl at school, her name is Skye. She's so annoying." I rolled my eyes at her name.

"Oh. You mean the girl you were staring at yesterday?" He smirked.

"Staring? Ha! Don't make me laugh. I was not staring." I said.

"Yes you were. And frankly, Skye was returning the favour." He said.

"Fine. Maybe I was staring a little." I admitted.

"Besides, you don't even know her all that well. Get to know her, and maybe you'll come to like her." Max said.

"Like you know her." I said sarcastically.

"I don't know her! I never said that I did. I'm just saying that you should get to know the girl before you go and judge her."

"Whatever. Let's just go school." I said. He nodded, and climbed out the window. I looked out the window at Skye as she was leaving her house to go to school. 

"Just get to know her." I told myself as I climbed out the window and started on the walk with Max to school.

-

Skye's POV

I was walking to school, listening to my music. As I reached the grounds of the school, I saw Nathan with his friend. I didn't know his name, but i'd seen him maybe once or twice.

As I was walking in the doors, I heard their voices behind me. They were talking about some girl. I heard bits and pieces of the conversation. Not that I was interested or anything. I just happened to overhear it.

I walked over to my locker and put my stuff in. I grabbed my things for first period and went to class.

I sat down in my seat and I talked to Jay as waited for yet another boring day to begin.

"Thank god today is Friday. At least you'll have two days without this school. And, uh, Nathan."

"Yeah." I nodded.

Nathan came in just then. He plopped himself down next to me and began texting someone.

I looked in his eyes once again as he was looking at the screen. They were red.

Red eyes. Once again. There's something about that...

"Stop staring at me!" He looked up at me with a mad face. 

"I'm sorry! I just," My voice trailed off.

Nathan's POV

"'I'm sorry! I just.' You just just what? What were you just doing, huh? Staring at me? Have you got a thing for me?" I got in her face and asked.

"Your eyes were red, idiot! Maybe you should check that shit out and not accuse me of something stupid like having a thing for you!" Skye yelled at me and got up. 

"Skye!" Mrs. Hoofer called her.

"Mrs. Hoofer, let me please just take a walk. I need to calm down." 

"Alright." Mrs. Hoofer said and waved her away.

Leaving her things, she stormed out of the classroom and out the door.

What came over me? Why did I get mad at her?

All she did was look at me. Why did I get so pissed at her! Here I am, trying to muster up the courage to get to know this girl, and I blow up at her! She'll never talk to me now.

"Good going, Nathan." Jay muttered.

"Watch it, or I'll snap your neck." I muttered back to him. I've got to apologize to Skye. Max said to get to know her, that's exactly what i've got to do. Even it takes a little work.

Skye's POV

I cannot believe Nathan! He is such a twat! He thinks i've got some sort of crush on him?! He's real funny if he's thinks that's the case. 

I don't even think anyone here is cute. Now don't get me wrong. When I say that, I don't mean that everyone's ugly, but none of them fit my interest is all. 

Now, think of Jay and Siva. Of course, I don't like them as more than best friends, but they aren't bad looking lads either.

I'm closer to them and Alex than I am to anyone, really. I can trust them, I can rely on them, and I love them. They're like my family. They are my family.

That's besides the point, though.

I just can't believe Nathan. If anyone has a 'thing' for anyone, he has a thing for me. I mean, he's the one who was watching me undress just last night! It makes sense. I'm only stating facts. He wishes to claim that I have a thing for him, but who was the one who watched me undress? Exactly! Now who's crushing on who?

Not that I want him to like me.

"This is why I don't date boys." I shook my head. Especially boys like Nathan.

I was walking around, blowing off some steam as I was. If I stayed in that classroom for one more moment, I think I would've ripped Nathan apart without thinking.

As I was turning the corner to go to the restroom, I bumped into someone, making them drop their stuff.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going, and I -"

"It's cool, don't worry about it." The guy was picking up his stuff. I got down on a knee and helped him.

"I just was going to the restroom." I laughed nervously once I stood up straight again and handed him the things I picked up.

"Oh, okay. I'm Max, by the way. What's your name?" He pointed.

"I'm Skye. Nice to meet you."

He smiled. "Thanks. Nice to meet you to."

"Thanks. So are you new? I've not seen you around."

"Nah. I'm not new here."

"Are you popular?"

"Oh god, no. I don't hang out with that crowd." He said.

"Oh. I'm not exactly the most popular person here either. I only have a few friends. And then one enemy." I muttered that last part.

"Who's your enemy, if I may?" He asked, more intrigued.

"I'm surprised you haven't seen him yet. It's the new boy. Nathan Sykes."

Max's POV

Woah. So this is the Skye that Nathan was talking about. She's not annoying at all. She's actually a nice and pretty girl. I don't see what Nathan is complaining about.

"So. Where were you going?" She asked me.

"Um, to class. I just got dropped off. So i'm late." I said. That was a lie. But she didn't need to know that. 

"Oh! Well I should let you go." She said.

"No no, I want to talk to you." I smiled at her.

I saw her blush a bit. "Well, okay. But I um, really need to get to the restroom and back to class, so maybe we could exchange numbers?" 

"Sure." I said.

She gave me her phone, and I gave her mine. We exchanged numbers, and we went our separate ways.

-

I walked into first period; Science. 

I have that class with Tom.

"Hey mate, where you been?" Tom asked as I sat by him.

"Oh, um, I was just really slow getting here. And I met the girl Nath was talking about just now." I said.

"Is she as annoying as he says she is?" He chuckled.

"Actually no. The complete opposite." I said.

"Wow. Well, in that case, what do you think of her?" He asked.

"I think I might like her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.5K 3.3K 22
Dakota lived oblivious to what it meant being mated. Several years of being mated to Daniel slowly taught her how naive she was in that fact. Daniel...
4.6K 126 32
Everyone has their trials in life and many people can overcome them, It doesn't matter what happened or who did it as long as you can overcome them...
3.6K 60 17
Ally Anderson, 18, in her first year of university. Nathan Sykes, 19, in his second year of university. On Ally's first day of uni, she sees Nathan f...
2K 99 21
Have you ever thought about if werewolf's are real? Well, I never thought in a million years of moving to Portland Oregon I would meet the loves of m...