You're My Freedom

Autorstwa HipstuhhLouis

Yup no one likes me. I'm a burden but hey, I'm smart and I've got a future ahead of me. When I'm 18 I plan on... Więcej

Prologue
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Zayn
34
35
36
37
38
39
40

2

21.5K 582 59
Autorstwa HipstuhhLouis

Madison's POV

I was in the front off my driveway when I see Mitchell pull up in his convertible. I tried to walk faster so I wouldn't have to face him. I'm just not up for it. I raced to the front door and scrambled to find my keys in the mess in my bag. I groaned and gave up looking for it. Mitchell came out of the car with shades on and walked up to the door.

"Did ya miss me sis?" He teased.

"Why would I ever miss you?" I said with a hint of disgust in my tone.

"Because" He simply answered.

I can't stand when people reply "because" to a question. It drives me insane, I would rather you not answer the question at all and he knows it.

"Locked out Madi?" He asked.

"Yes" I say as he inserts the key into the door knob.

He unlocks it and you could hear the click. He opens the door quickly and before I could take a step inside he shuts the door in my face. I let out an angry growl.

"Open the door" I yelled loud enough so he could hear me from the other side of the door.

No response.

"Mitchell open up!" I pound the door with my fist.

Again no response.

I forget about the idea of him opening the door for me. I know he won't budge. I sat down on the door mat and I dumped out the contents in my bag, maybe my keys were in here somewhere. With my luck, it wasn't there. I threw everything back in and took out my phone to dial my mum's number. Let's see if she even picks up.

I was about to hang up when I heard my mum's voice.

"Hello?" She says.

"Mum!" I gladly said, she finally had the right mind to pick up.

"Madi, I can't talk right now. I'll see you later tonight over dinner" She said.

"But mu-" She hung up before I could tell her.

I screamed in the same exact spot I was in and stomped my feet. Life is so unfair! I didn't notice some neighbors were outside. Mr. Chester was working on his garden across the street and he gave me a cold stare. I mouthed a "sorry" and he continued working. I sighed and sat down in front of the door.

A door swung open, but it wasn't mine. It was from the house next door. A lady I've never seen came out of the house and peeked outside. I stared at her as she looked to her left and then to her right. Her eyes caught with mine and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"You're the scream I heard?" She asked softly.

"Unfortunately" I spoke loud enough for her to hear me.

"Are you locked outside your house?" She asked another question.

I stood up from my place so I could speak to her clearly. I find it embarrassing when you tell someone you're locked out of your own house. Oh well.

"Yeah, my idiot stepbrother won't open the door" I kicked the door.

I stared at my door for a second and slammed my fist against it one last time. No use, Mitchell will not open the god damn door. I looked back at the lady who apparently was my neighbor. She must have just moved in.

"Would you like to come inside and have a cup of tea?" She asked politely.

"Oh, I don't know" I chuckled nervously.

"Oh come on!" She smiled.

The front door swung open hitting my side and I fell onto the ground. Ouch! I looked up and saw Mitchell, that beast! I wiped of the dirt of my shoulder and slowly stood up. The lady had gasped for the sudden action. I grabbed my bag and placed the strap over my shoulder. I stared at Mitchell coldly.

"Well are you coming in or not?!" He walked in the house without my response.

Luckily he kept the door open. I looked back at the lady who was a witness of what just happened. I pushed a smile.

"Thanks for the offer. I'll see you later Mrs.." I lingered longer so she can say her name.

"Just Glenda will be fine. Next time, don't hesitate to knock on my door when your brother locks you out" She smiled.

"Thanks" I honestly wanted to correct her, but that would be rude of me. Mitchell isn't my brother. He's my stepbrother and I wish I wouldn't be able to call him that.

I smiled at Glenda once again and stepped in my home and shut the door quietly. I will kill Mitchell! I dropped my bag next to the door and went up the long spiral stairs. I walked my way angrily down the hall to his room. I pushed through his door and stepped into his room.

"Why the fuck didn't you open the door Mitchell?!" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Woah, woah, woah! Hold up sis, did you just cuss, babe mother won't be happy" He said as he laid down on his bed focused on his phone.

"Shut up and answer my question" I told him.

"I did open the door for you, didn't I?" He looked away from his phone and raised an eyebrow at me.

"You're impossible!" I yelled at him before I left and went to my own room.

I locked my door and I plopped down on my bed. I'm exhausted. I grabbed a pillow and screamed. What have I done to deserve this? I sat up and looked down at my hands. I sighed and shut my eyes. My mum is probably not going to come until later like she said and I'll be forced to eat dinner with Robert and Mitchell.

I just want to make friends with someone. Someone who I can actually text, someone I can talk to, someone I can spend my time with. Maybe a boyfriend? Haha, yeah right. I snickered. Mum wouldn't allow me and I wouldn't be able to get one anyway.

~~~~

A couple hours had passed and Robert was home. He had ordered pizza almost an hour ago so I'm sure the pizza is almost here. I was working on an essay for History class. The essay isn't due for another week or so but, I just want to get it over with.

The door bell rang. I continued to type on my Mac Book Pro. There goes the door bell again. Will someone open the door?! I tried to continue typing but the door bell interrupts me again. I groaned and sat up from my swivel chair. I unlocked my door and stepped out. I went down the spiral stairs and found my way to the door. I looked through the peep hole and saw someone with boxes of pizza and a hat so I wasn't able to see his or her face.

I opened the door and came face to face with a guy. He had jet black hair and piercings. The same jet black hair and piercings in P.E. I gulped and he gloomily looked at me.

"Pizza's here" He said flatly.

He hasn't recognized me, that's a good thing.

"Umm..... Hold on, I'll be right back" I said quickly.

I ran to the kitchen to grab the money that was already placed on the counter. I ran back quickly to the door. I gave him the money and he gave me the boxes of pizza.

"Uhhh thanks, keep the change" I said nervously.

"Do I know you?" He squinted his eyes, examining me.

"I don't th-th-think so" I stuttered.

"Yeahh,yeahhh, you're the girl that sucks at volleyball" He laughed.

"Ohhh yeah..." I blushed.

Ummm...this is was slightly awkward. Very awkward actually.

"Later" He turned away and walked down to his motorcycle.

Woah, that looks super expensive. How could he afford that? Probably his parents bought it for him or something. The motorcycle sped away and I just stood there watching the very still night.

"So you're crushing on him huh?" A voice said scaring me.

I jumped in my place and turned around. I saw Mitchell leaning on the wall.

"I don't have a crush on him" I said bluntly.

"Then why'd you blush?" He asked.

"How'd you know I blushed?" I said slowly.

"Because you just admitted it to me" He smirked.

"I-I-I was embarrassed" I said the truth.

He stared at me with such an intense gaze. And I returned the stare back. He stood up straight and walked toward the kitchen.

"Pops! The pizza is here!" Mitchell yelled.

His phone started ringing and he quickly pressed the phone onto his ear.

"Dad?" He said.

There was a pause; I couldn't exactly hear the conversation. Mitchell put the phone down.

"What'd he say?"

"He's not feeling well so he's not going to eat with us. So it's just you and me" He grinned.

Ha, he's funny if he thinks I'll be going to sit with him for dinner. I placed a box on the table for him and took a box for me. I flashed a smile before I shot up the stairs. My foot slipped on a step, causing my shin to make contact with one of the hard wood floors. Pain rushed through my leg. I winced as I sat down and brought my knee close to my chest and wrapped my arms around my leg. The pizza was lying on the steps.

"You're such an idiot" I heard Mitchell say.

I opened my eyes and he took my box of pizza. I groaned because I knew I wouldn't have dinner tonight and the fact that my leg is aching.

Only 300 days to go until I'm 18

(There is a picture of Mitchell on the side)

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

282K 8.4K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
69.8K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
61.4K 1.2K 46
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A PR relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando Nor...
932K 21.4K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.