The Hollows Of Hiraeth (βœ”οΈ) |...

By __queenly__

Have you ever feared for your life? Due to recent circumstances, Sky Forest knows that feeling like the back... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven: Part One
Chapter Ninety-Seven: Part Two
Chapter Ninety-Eight: Part One
Chapter Ninety-Eight: Part Two
Chapter Ninety-Nine: Part One
Chapter Ninety-Nine: Part Two
Chapter One-Hundred: Part One
Chapter One-Hundred: Part Two
Epilogue
β™” THE SEQUEL β™”

Chapter Eighty-Five

17 4 0
By __queenly__

^ Cassie's dress (on Maisie Williams who I casted as Cassie) ^

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s O f
H I R A E T H
_________________________________

An hour, and we have managed to find Cassie some shoes. I groaned as Cassie came out of the dressing room with yet another discarded dress.

"Go and find yourself a dress!" She pestered me for the twentieth time as she plucked another dress from the never ending pile of doom and despair. I sighed, deciding to disregard my fall back, which was, "I'm helping you find your dress first." And instead trotted off to the dress racks.

I began to sort through the many dresses, wincing as some of the hangers scraped along the metal bar, therefore, slowly killing my ears. I got to the end of the selection and stared tormentedly at the dozens of racks around me. I'll never get out of here alive.

Too cautious to risk it, I fell onto a dusty chair in the corner of two racks, simply observing my surroundings. Then, I saw it-my dress. It was hanging up on display, but I'm sure if I asked I could find it in my size, not to mention colour. And so I did, I literally ran over to the first shop assistant I saw and demanded that they show me the rack of my dresses.

So here I am, gazing at a million copies of my dress. My fingertips skimmed the edges of a midnight sky blue version of my dress with silver beads embedded into the silk material. I immediately plucked it from the metal bar, checked the size, then, satisfied, I walked over to the changing rooms.

"You found a dress?" Cassie asked excitedly, peering at my choice of gown with admiration. My dress, not yours. Cassie appeared to have just came out of the changing room for the hundredth time, and was now turning away to pick up another dress from her never ending pile.

"Yeah." I answered with a smile before going in to change. I self-consciously tugged on the curtain, trying to make it meet the wall. When it didn't work, I let out a disgruntled groan and flipped it off childishly before sucking it up and stripping. I slipped the dress on as fast as I could, cautious of the fact that there is a gaping hole between the wall and the curtain. Once on, the dress was more confusing than I had realised, and I started to wonder if perhaps I needed to be assisted.

After much brooding and the slip of many curse words, I got the dress to look presentable: no creases, all around the right way, etcetera, etcetera. When finished, I finally looked up and acknowledged how it looked on me in the mirror. It was stunning. Not only that, but I looked stunning. Not to be vain.

The dress clung to every curve like it was made out of memory material, overall accentuating my figure, but also adorning places that weren't so prominent beforehand. Everything looked good with this dress on. The dress-it was a dark shade of cobalt blue, shimmering with silver beads that could be mistaken for glistening diamonds under any light. It literally looked like I was wearing the night sky; dazzling, coruscating, bespeckled with a myriad of scintillating stars. It was both blinding and too good to look away from the same time, and despite the contrast, it was a good mix.

Then I wondered, what a spectacle I'd make if I walked in wearing this-not to brag at all-what would other people think of the dress? What would Jameson think of the dress? Suddenly, I'd lost all confidence in the dress. What if it isn't enough? What if I don't like as good as the next girl? Even worse, what if another girl wore my dress too. God, this is a nightmare.

"Cassie.." I trailed off with uncertainty.

"Yeah?" Cassie perked up and I laughed, figuring out that she was closer to my changing room than I thought. To be honest, I thought her first priority would be to actually find a dress sometime today; leaving Kim in the music section of the factory would not distract her for long.

"You sound close." I remarked, then tried to laugh off my fears of the dress not being of a satisfactory level to wow everyone-Jameson, to wow Jameson.

"I am," She told me, "I'm also ready to go." Wait, what?

"You found a dress?" I shouted, ripping the curtain open. Cassie was left short of a reply as she stared at my dress. At first I wasn't sure of the emotions she was feeling, then I saw as her eyes portrayed awe and jealousy both at once.

"Damn," She huffed with a pout and a stomp of her foot, "Why couldn't my dress look as good as that on me?" She asked and I was about to comfort her when she suddenly grinned.

"But I love my dress." She told me excitedly, then continued to tell me all about the crimson couture piece she'd found whilst chucking her bundle of clothes out. Once changed-much to my heartfelt dismay-Cassie and made our way over to the counter to pay. It was to no alarm that the dresses costed a lot, but I didn't really have to spend anything; it's all on our accounts.

"How does that money thing work by the way?" I asked Cassie as she grabbed her bag and joined me to go find Kim.

"You don't know yet?" Cassie's shock was short-lived as she shrugged and explained. "Don't ask me how, but this place has some links to the 'outside world'," Cassie began and I refrained from laughing at the phrase 'outside world' as if we were locked prisoner in a doll house.

"I'm guessing the emergency services, the government, that sort of stuff," She explained and I nodded, sounds very possible-I mean, come on, we have our own court and jail.

"But we get money in, like maybe the government funds us? Why wouldn't they? It protects their people," She explained and I pondered it. Hmm, maybe I'm more closer to home than I even knew.

"So with those imports they give us all bank accounts, afford us food and supplies and are still alive how?" I ask, trying not to sound too bewildered.

Cassie laughed, "You're over exaggerating, there aren't many people here, overall there are but-"

"Wait," I interrupted, "Overall?" I asked with shock. How many bloody endangered people are there?

"Yes, Sky." She nodded slowly as if it was hard for me to understand, "What? You think people who are also being hunted down who live in Australia would fly across the world?"

"Well, yeah, if they were going to-"

"No." She interrupted suddenly, "Exactly." But I didn't..? Well, okay.

"They have places like these all over the shot," She began again as Kim came into view, standing up tall by a wall, glancing around at her surroundings over and over. Of course, as if all guardians had a sense system for us, she spotted us instantly.

"For all ages, nationalities," Cassie continued, becoming aware of Kim as she did her. Cassie turned to face me, "And clueless people." She finished, watching my jaw drop with a sickening grin on her face. She tapped me on the forehead before striding off to meet with Kim.

It took me a while to get over the initial shock of Cassie calling me a 'clueless person', before I made my way over to Kim and Cassie, where said 'great friend' was gushing over her dress.

"And what about your dress, Sky?" Kim asked me when Cassie had finally stopped overreacting over her dress-when we were halfway to their room. Just as I was about to breezily tell her that my dress was just fine, Cassie spoke up.

"Oh my gosh, it is amazing!" Cassie squealed, theatrically pretending to faint before going on a rant over my dress. That's fine, I didn't want to say anything anyway.

Five fake faints and over-exaggerations later, we finally arrived at Kim and Cassie's dorm, however, I was somehow not feeling in the friendly-gossiping-over-dresses mood anymore-somehow. So, I said my short goodbyes before ever so quickly rushing off before Cassie could give a too detailed explanation on the back of my dress. Though, we didn't even get to bottom half of the front.

No matter the conclusion of the seemingly never ending conversation, I now found myself in a little bit of a fiddle: I was heading back to my room, of which I share with a guardian. And said guardian doesn't seem to want to be my guardian anymore. Fun.

______________________________

same

party

OMG HER DRESS

A BALL

FUN

CASSIE THOUGH

#skyie

ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JAMESON 28/03

WHEYYYY

__________
Next update: Friyay
__________

CHAPTER EIGHTY-SIX SPOILER:

Sky goes back to her dorm, but is she welcomed by her guardian?

Can their relationship ever be fixed?

Who will Sky ask to the ball?

Carter?

Jameson?

Or someone different?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 680 38
*Completed* *Not fully edited* Adeline Winters, a young rebellious teen in High School, who enjoys giving not only her teachers a hard time but her f...
506K 6.5K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
6K 1.4K 52
A storm is raging, deep and strong Penetrating the walls of despair, Its angry façade slowly growing, Beneath the happy faces, it bears. -tintinspy ...
1.6K 53 45
Raynar has always had two agenda: To fulfill his duty as a guardian and to avenge his mother's death. His father made sure he is trained well, which...