S.O.S

By FlowerxBarnes

. More

He's The Boss
Preparations
The End
The Revival
The Diner Dash
Recovery

Green Eyed Stranger

3 0 0
By FlowerxBarnes

Camilla POV

Duck.

Jab.

Block.

Block.

Jab.

Duck.

Jab.

Block.

Block.

I felt the arms of the referee and I dropped my arms, noticing the other girl was being manhandled back to her corner. I leaned against the ropes, my knuckles busted and throbbing from the beating they've taken the past two days. I attempted to listen to those talking so fast around me, my ears clogged with blood making the mission harder. My chest heaved as I looked in front of me, the bottle of water being sprayed on my face and neck before I had time to protest. The referee stepped towards me, his lips moving in what seemed to say 'You good to compete'. I stood quickly, balancing myself out on the men beside me before shaking my head and rolling my shoulders. He looked hesitant but moved towards the middle, motioning for the other competitor to step back into the ring.

I focused on the task at hand, ducking a hit and swinging my fist into her side. I continued until she was dazed enough to drop her guard, my fist connecting with her temple as her head snapped to the side and she fell. I backed off, pushing away the arms of the man in a striped shirt and slipping a towel around my neck stepping out of the ring. I rushed to the shabby corner with a light, pouring water in my and hoping to clean out the blood. I repeated this action to my other ear, my eyes locking with a tall green stranger. His jaw set as he seemed to look over his surroundings as I finished cleaning my ears and began looking for a drink.

I continued walking around the Courtyard, accepting the pats on the back from the other patrons before coming face to face with the girl I had the pleasure of fighting not ten minutes ago. I outstretched my hand, smiling tight lipped when she returned the kind gesture. I jerked away when the sound of a fight broke out, hearing cheers near the bar. I walked over slowly, my arms sliding into the sweatshirt before I finally saw the stranger attempting to fend himself off from two bigger guys. I stepped into the circle, hands held high before a smile broke out onto my face. "I'm just getting a drink." I grabbed a bottle, noticing the man's struggle before he was thrown to the ground and spat on.

"Cops are here!" I heard before the sound of sirens and lights began swarming the outside of the place. I jumped up, looking around to see the easiest exit route before I heard groaning beneath me. My eyes locked with the beaten man and I felt a twinge of something in my stomach. It wasn't pity, it seemed as though he got what he wanted. I guess it was curiosity, but whatever the feeling was it was enough to make me sick. I hopped down, patting his face before I heard the sound of banging on the doors and the sounds of people screaming got louder. "Get up." He nodded, slowly rising with my aid, spitting out blood in a disgusting manner. I pulled him with him, weaving through the people and making sure I had his wrist firmly in my hand. He began slowing up and I turned, seeing he was attempting to help two young girls that were frantically searching for help. I grabbed his arm with both hands and continued to pull him with me, "We don't have time, let's go."

We kept running, cutting through the park and into a small portion of the woods. He kept up pretty well, he stayed behind me majority of the time in attempts to know where his next turn would be. I finally stopped running, figuring we'd put the Yard far enough behind us to take up a walk instead of sprint.

I looked around, noticing the trees around us before I finally got a chance to study the man before me. He was leaning against the tree, arms on his hips as he tried to catch his breath. He had black, short, hair and a clean cut beard. He had white teeth and beautiful green eyes, he seemed athletic. He kept up with me even after being punched a few times in the cut and face. The apple of his cheek was red, whether it was from running or when he got punched I won't know but he did have an amazing jaw line.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I rolled my eyes and sat my hands on my hips.

"For someone who was just saved you sure do have a funny way of showing appreciation." I stated in a snippy tone.

"Who says I needed your help?" He spoke clearly, standing straight up and taking a step towards me.

I kept my ground, raising an eyebrow at his idiotic question. "Well then next time you get yourself out of a compund you've only been too once."

"What makes you th-"

"Please, I've been going to the Yard since I was old enough to drive. I know that place like the back of my hand and I know you've only been once or you'd have known not to walk close to the bar when Big Jonesy has alcohol. So the real question is....how did you find the Yard in the first place?"

"You know if you're going to interrogate me you could at least tell me your name." He said with a hint of a smirk.

"I'm leaving," I said while walking to the opening of the woods, knowing that once there we could both bid the other adieu and move on with our lives.

My jacket pocket vibrated and I groaned, answering the phone without a second thought. "Yes, I am aware of what time it is. Yes, I know that I was suppose to be home an hour ago to get ready for the date. No, I am not close to being home and yes I am alright. If you count almost being busted in the Yard okay.....you can scream at me when I get home but right now I am trying to get out of the woods and back into civilization in order for the butt chewing I am about to receive. Now I will be home soon." I spoke while dismissing the call.

I continued walking, stopping and turning when I noticed the man wasn't walking with me. "If you want to get home before someone files a missing person's report. I'd get to walking." I said before zipping my jacket up and turning back around. I heard the sound of leaves crunching, my attention focusing on how to get us out of the woods while he followed without question.

We continued on the path, the silence slowly causing me to want to claw my eyes out. "Your shoes untied."

I stopped walking, turning to look at him. "What?"

"Your shoe is untied, if we're gonna be walking for awhile you might want to tie it." He stated while continuing to walk ahead of me. Considering we were at the edge of the woods I paid no mind to his lead and bent to tie my shoe, rising and continuing on around the corner. He stopped at the curb, looking around I assume to get his wits about where he was. I began walking across the road, stopping in the middle when he called out to me.

"When's the next fight?"

"Why? You looking to get in?" I said while crossing my arms.

"Not really, it seems like you need more of a coach then a waterboy." He chuckled, arms crossing over his own chest at his smug statement.

"Friday. 6 o'clock." I started walking backwards, turning when I heard the sound of a horn honking and someone shouting obscene words at me. "I'm walking here!"

"I never did catch your name," he spoke in a curious tone.

I smirked at the statement, turning around as my hands slipped into my jacket pockets. "Next time we meet, you can know my name." His eyes squinted, my mind going a mile a minute trying to figure out why I'd been being nice to this man? Why I was having playful and casual conversation with someone I don't even know?

"Until then," he spoke with a nod before walking in the oppsotie direction.

I turned and began walking, biting my lip in thought of the next time we may meet. "Until then, my green eyed stranger."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 1.7K 35
Look at the title 😝
100K 2.8K 47
π™Όπš’ πš•πš’πšπšŽ; π™Όπš’ πš›πšžπš•πšŽπšœ πš†πšŽπš•πšŒπš˜πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš–πš’ πš πš˜πš›πš•πš 🌎
1.5M 67.4K 61
π™²π™Ύπ™Όπ™Ώπ™»π™΄πšƒπ™΄π™³. πŸ–€ "πš‚πš‘πšŽ πšπš˜πš•πš πš–πšŽ, πšπš˜πš—'𝚝 πš•πš˜πšœπšŽ πš–πšŽ." π™΅πšŠπš–πš’πš•πš’ πšπš›πš˜πšžπš‹πš•πšŽπšœ. πš‚πšŽπš•πš πšπš˜πšžπš‹πš. πšπšžπš—πš—πš’πš—πš πšπš›πš˜πš– οΏ½...
242K 6.3K 38
Peter and his superfamily.