Kaisi yeh Yaariyan Season 3

By 1_drop_of_rain

Its been a month that I chanced upon the magical world of Manik and Nandini. It's such a pity that the person... More

Chapter 1 - He is back
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 - Flight to Mumbai
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 and 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
'Hi' to my readers
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Note to my Readers
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Me: Up close and Personal
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Miss writer is down with fever
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Author Note
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
B'cause miss writer always has lots to say
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Author note
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Because the writer had a cuteness attack!
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
No updates tomorrow
Chapter 68
Because the writer wishes you happy Eid
And how could the writer not wish you happy Rath Yatra, the festival of chariots
Because the writer is feeling Meh!!
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Because Miss Writer is touched to the core
Chapter 71
Because the writer hates to see her readers scared
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Writer had an accident - update
Am I your favourite
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
The writer is held up for tomorrow
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Because the writer wanted to share this message
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Because the writer misses her mom
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Because the writer is a restless soul
Chapter 88
N here it is..d new cover courtesy @myra_1
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Because d writer is sleepless at 2.14 am
Because the writer wishes you happy ganesh chaturthi
Chapter 93
Because the writer had to say this..
Chapter 94
Because the writer wants to do a rolecall for doctors
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Because the writer is throwing a party this week and all are invited.
Chapter 100
Celebrations - Part 1
Celebration Part 2
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Urgent note
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108 - Diwali special !!
Chapter 109
A Quick note
If you want to know the face behind the story
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
because d writer's eyes are a mess
Chapter 114
chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
because d writer is sorry for d delay
chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
chapter 121
Because the writer wants to wish you a happy new year..
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Because the writer's bestie thinks, this story deserves to be voted
Chapter 126
Chapter 127 Wedding Part -I
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Congrats! Says the Writer
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Because the writer has announcements to make
Chapter 133
Urgent...writer is in soup!
Writer has just published the first part of Silent Vows
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
sorry
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
sorry again
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Writer wishes you Eid Mubarak!
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Author note

Chapter 26

9.2K 429 10
By 1_drop_of_rain

Standing there, holding her in his arms, he had lost track of time. Except for the chirping of crickets, it was eerily silent. Night had slowly descended.

He could no more feel her grappling against him, her sobs had stilled. He slowly released her from the embrace.

Her eyes were puffy from the crying, her sullen face was smeared with tears. He cupped it gently and wiped off the tears. She was right.. It was because of his stupid anger that he was almost going to lose his life, but he felt worse for having made her cry.

He wanted to kiss her, not in a romantic sort of a way but to assure her that he was ok and that he was sorry. He hated it when people cried, especially girls. He thought crying was a trick they used to seek attention. He also hated crying because it reminded him of his own tears, of how he used to break down in the hospital, alone, scared and helpless. But now when he saw her in tears, why couldn't he hate it, why couldn't he just order her to stop the drama. Instead, He felt protective of her, and this was so new to him. He hadn't felt this way for anyone, not even himself. He didn't care for anyone but he wanted to care for her.

His mind was telling him not to.. he knew he shouldnt but he couldn't resist himself. He bent forward and gave a peck on her forehead.

He pulled back and stood motionless for a while. He was dreading her reaction to his impulsive kiss, and was mentally preparing himself to stay calm if she were to. But much to his dismay and relief she didn't. Bettr still she was back to being the Nandini he adored. "Haan to yahi khare khare rat bitado aur jab main bhook se mar jaoon to yehi pe dafnake wapas jaio"

"Whaaatt ?? You are hungry to pehle kyun nahi bola? "

"Huh!! " She rolled her eyes at him " Tumhara yeh angry young man ka role play khatam ho to bolun na ki insaan ko bhook bhi lagti hai.. Pyaas bhi lagti hai.. N especially jab samne wala sara poha safachat kar de aur aapko offer bhi na kare"

"Wooo... Wooo.. I m sry" He scratched his head in embarrassment.

"Acha batao is jungle mein kanhi ek decent restaurant milega."

They started walking towards his car. The nearest restaurant.. No not a restaurant, it was a small tapri.. was a couple of miles downhill.

'Nandini Murthy that was a really really narrow escape.. Aaj to to tum pakri jati. The way you reacted, the way you cried, woh kya soch raha hoga? Ya to soch raha hoga ki tum drama queen ho ya fir pakka samajh gaya hoga ki u know more than u r showing' Nandini was caught in a tussle between her sharp mind and dumb heart.

'Soche to soche, jo marzi soche. Uski kismat achi hai ki usko kuch yaad nahi. Warna aaj to manik seriously pit jata mujhse. Aiyappa when will u give some wisdom to this guy and when will u have some mercy on me. Yeh koi iron-magnet ka game hai kya, ekbar paas bhejte ho n then u pull him away and hide him some where. 3 months n then 3 years n now what. Agar aaj usko kuch ho jata na Aiyappa, I swear on Rishab i woukd never ever have spoken to you again. Its ok i can hate him, i have reasons to but u aiyappa will always protect him. U hv promised me remember."

"Nandini !!! Yeh restaurant hai??? R u serious?"

"Yeh Mumbai nahi hai Mr. Manik Malhotra, yeh Panchgani hai. Yahan raat ke 9 baje tumko yahi milega... kaka ki tapri." She totally ignored Manik's u-got-to-be-kidding-me look. "Kaka, mujhe ek bun maska or omlette dijiyega, and in janaab ko.."

"Nothing, mujhe nahi khana yahan tumhare kaka ki tapri par"

"In janab ko kuch nahi. Inka ego hai na inki bhook mitane ke liye."

She grabbed her plate and sat on a nearby bench.

Manik realized this was the closest thing to food he was going to get for the rest of the night and he was already starving from the hiking and all that followed afterwards.

"Acha chalo mujhe bhi wahi dedo.. Who jo usne order kiya..omlette n.....whatever."

She smirked at him when he sat next to her with his plate.

"So Miss Murthy, tum kya padati ho school mein?"

"Music"

Now this was interesting and intriguing. This girl always took him by surprise. There wasn't a single thing about her that was normal. She was beautiful but oblivious of it, she was sweet, but equally catty. One moment she was emotional and the next she was up and running to fight with him. She took him to see the sunset and brought him to eat in a tapri. She bakes cakes for the kids and cooks poha for him and then she says she teaches music.

But he was loving it, with her he was witnessing a world that his affluent background would have never let him see.

"Music is my life.. Manik, its like a real friend. In my darkest days, when I had lost everything, it was music that helped me find myself back." This was true but not the entire truth. Music was so special to her because it was a part of him, the only part of him that he couldn't take away. "Why don't you try it too, who knows, Music might help u find yourself too. Even you have lost yourself, haven't you?"

That struck him deep. He had found another reason to be in awe of her. She happened to read his mind before he could do it himself.

"Chai peeyoge?" She asked, no more mocking him.

"Main chai nahi peeta, only filtered coffee."

"Kabse??" She was stunned. Destiny and time! There was a time, she remembered when he offered her tea and she refused because she didn't like anything other than filtered coffee.

"What do you mean kabse? European hospitals mein mujhe chai kahan se milegi.. Coffee is all they have and coffee is all I drink."

She smiled. "Tumhe apne pichle life ke bare mein kuch bhi yaad nahi?"

"Nopes.. Kuch nahi.. The earliest memory I have is of getting some sort of an electric shock in a hospital in Denmark. Doctors ne kaha tha ki my memory is like a hard disk but ek connection kanhi snap ho gaya hai in between. Agar main Denmark aur Switzerland nahi jata jo it could have been worse. Like Every day I would have woken up and forgotten what happened the previous day. But ab aisa nahi hai. Jo abhi ho raha hai, I mean life after the memory loss, I will not forget it... but if there's a miracle, someday I may wake up remembering my entire life. But that's that, a miracle and as much as I wish that it happens, I don't have much hope."

"You should have hope. Because miracle wahi hote hain jahan hope hota hai."

"Does it work? I mean have you ever experienced hope winning."

"Yes, I have. Even when nothing seems right and everything is going against you, keep ur hope strong and u will witness magic. I have seen it for myself." Her thoughts travelled back to the fusion concert, to their hope tree, to the performance and the magic that they witnessed, the unseasonal rain, the candles, the mirrors..the kiss...the confession...THEM....

She heaved.

"You know Nandini, that day when you were at my home.. You asked me why there were no old photographs in my room. When I returned from Zurich, I was desperately looking for something that will help me trail back to my past. But there was nothing, nowhere, in person or on web. Everywhere direction I headed, lead to a dead end. And its strange.. If I have spent my entire life in Mumbai, I must have friends, I must have someone looking out for me, waiting for me. But noone came, no one ever reached out."

Nandini's heart was tearing from inside. He wasn't alone, abandoned. He had friends, he had love. They had looked out for him, she had been looking in , out, around , about, everywhere for him. She had always wanted to be by his side, in his good and bad times. She had fought the world to be with him during his treatment then why, why he did he push her away, why did he push them all away?

"Every one has a story Manik. Hum sirf wahi dekhte hain jo hamein dikhta hai.. But as I told u earlier, jo dikhta hai who hamesha sach nahi hota. Tumhare bhi friends rahe honge, tumse bhi koi pyaar karti hogi, par kaun jane unki kya majbooriyan rahi hongi."

He heaved. "Kahan se, I mean kahan se pick karke ke lati ho ye dialogues?"

"Original hai, u dumbo."

"Acha chalo I will drop you home and I will check in to a hotel. Its getting late and as it is, its pretty secluded here."

"The clock is still running MnM. N u still have few more hours.. I have promised to show you the sunrise and Nandini Murthy doesn't go back on her words. So hum yahi rehenge, yahi par till the sun is up and smiling."

"Tumko pata hai Nandini, tum single piece ho...totally custom made."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 8.4K 22
|82th position in romance| ******************************************* Two people. Two families. Friendship. And a combination of a rich arrogant an...
262K 15.3K 28
Speaking of Arranged Marriage people often think it doesn't work! Tons questions obviously arise :- How can two strangers spend their rest of lives...
3.7M 254K 151
#01 in fanfiction on 23/02/18 Nandini murthy:-) A girl full of life and fun, wants to be independent and stand on her own feet. Loves her family. Man...
86.3K 8.9K 46
This is a story of a heartless monster and a shattered angel.. its a story where the fate of two souls who are broken beyond repair will bring them t...