The Lost Girl (Complete)

By AnnaIsali

An Academy Fan Fiction. After burying her mother, Celestia is left with nothing but a mountain of debts and a... More

Prologue
Chapter One - The Forbidden Room
Chapter Two - The Lost Journal
Chapter Three - The First Link
Chapter Four - The Chance Introduction
Chapter Five - The Talking Walls
Chapter Six - The Residence
Chapter Seven - The Dreaded Talk
Chapter Eight - The Sorenson Spy
A Report
Chapter Nine - The Hollow House
Chapter Ten - The Family First Rule
Chapter Eleven - The Breakfast Table
Chapter Twelve - The Complete Takeover
Chapter Thirteen - The Blackbourne Hurricane
Chapter Fourteen - The Delivery Boy
Chapter Fifteen - Pizza and Pepsi
Chapter Sixteen - The Many Choices
Chapter Seventeen - The Car Invasion
Chapter Twenty - Dogs & Glocks
Chapter Twenty One - Muse Eternelle
Chapter Twenty Two - Everything Is New
Chapter Twenty Three - I See A Light
Chapter Twenty Four - Green Goo & Giggles
Chapter Twenty Five - The Unexpected Man
Chapter Twenty Six - The Art Studio
Chapter Twenty Seven - The Hand of Friendship
Chapter Twenty Eight - The Next Page
Chapter Twenty Nine - Derrick
Chapter Thirty - The Broken House
A Report
Chapter Thirty One - The Awakening
Chapter Thirty Two - Derrick! First and Final
Chapter Thirty Three - Lost Girl No More

Chapter Eighteen - The Uncle Dilemma

5.6K 382 83
By AnnaIsali

"I can't believe you all," Gabriel grumbled, pulling on his hair as Celestia finished giving the newest tour crashers a hug. "This was meant to be a special uncle-niece day and you fuckers had to come in and ruin it."

"Get over it, Gabe," North growled. "It's still going to be an uncle-niece day. Just with all her uncles."

"All of you are here?" Celestia squeaked, wryly wondering whether she could have ever been prepared for them all. When she'd found the journal, she'd thought that a cordial relationship might eventually form with visits scheduled for Christmas but instead she now had roommates, an Aunt who was determined to make up for every second that Celestia had spent miserably wishing for a normal family and a group of Uncles who had just swept her into the family fold without a second thought. She loved it but how on earth was it going to look walking around the campus with a veritable gang of handsome older men, some who were wearing enough leather to warrant calling Security in case a brawl was forthcoming.

"Sang isn't," Silas assured me, glancing at each of their brothers with a touch of impishness in his eyes. "I'm not sure about the others though. They didn't mention coming along when we left."

Hiding behind her hand, she choked on laughter, "You didn't tell her you were coming either, did you? Where does she think you all are?"

"Need I remind you, Essie, that we are grown men and can do whatever we want without the permission of our tiny wife?" Sean huffed grumpily, winking at her.

"Yes and that's why you and Uncle Luke stowed away while Uncle Silas looks quite smug for keeping Aunt Sang in the dark."

"Cheeky," Luke grinned, pulling out a small chocolate bar to pass to her. "You're too observant and now you're in on the mission so there can be no dobbing on us unless you want us to blame it all on you."

"How can it be my fault?!" Celestia exclaimed, moving along with them as they started to weave through the carpark towards the large crowd of enrolling students and their families. "I'm the only innocent one here."

Gabriel nudged her, "I am too, thank you very much."

"No," She giggled. "You came over for breakfast just to avoid a lecture. That makes you guilty too."

"BETRAYAL!" He bellowed, ignoring the looks from half the people in the main courtyard. "You're fired now."

"You haven't even hired me!"

Gabe squinted, wrapping her in a side hug as he wondered how they had been so lucky once again. After seeing how much Sang had suffered through her childhood, he knew that there were children out there who turned out wonderfully but Celestia had never known any sort of kindness until meeting Uncle and yet she was a strong, thoughtful young woman who had easily slipped into their family. His children adored her if their actions were anything to go by and his wife and brothers were determined that Celestia never had to wonder if she was loved and protected again.

"You're right," He answered quietly, pushing away his shadowed thoughts. "I guess I'll just have to hire you and make you suffer that way. Getting me coffee and muffins, answering phones, taking photos of my gorgeous self for the business brochure."

"You can't torture her like that!" Luke protested, his hand tugging at her arm gently so that Celestia felt like a the rope in a game of tug-of-war. "She can come to work with me instead and learn the beauty of making fondant-covered creations."

"Yeah," Sean scoffed. "Like she wouldn't prefer to work for her Uncle Sean. I'm the nice uncle who will make sure the reception desk is filled with yummy boiled lollies."

"Fuck no!" North pointed a finger at his brother. "You're a doctor. She is not going to end up with cavities or diabetes. If Gabe is being too dipshitish, she can come work for Silas and I at either the mechanics or the construction company."

"And you'll need to hire a bodyguard to beat off your other employees, who are all male I might add." Luke interjected smugly, pulling a face at a toddler who was hanging over the shoulder of what he assumed was her father, making her giggle and wave.

Locating the Administration sign, Celestia let out a breath of relief. If she didn't actually know that they were all in their late thirties, she would have guessed that they were all ready for college themselves. "I can head in here by myself if you'd like. I think I just have to pick up a package to take home."

Gabe grunted, "You can have five minutes and then we're going straight to the Arts building. I want to meet the Head Teacher."

Celestia blinked, "You don't need to do that."

"If he's an idiot, we'll need to have him replaced before he takes charge of your education."

"Ah, I'm not sure if that..." What did he mean, replace him? Celestia wondered in bewilderment.

"Leave it to us, sweetie," Silas chuckled, patting her on head, wanting to take a photograph of her face so that they could add it to their folder of 'Most Embarrassing Moments - When Parents Damage Their Children'.

"Go," North encouraged, eyes scanning the area. "Five minutes and then it's a quick tour and lunch."

She nodded and scuttled through the big doorway to join the line where she spent three of her five minutes trying to figure out how one went about trying to make friends with people at college. She was hoping to meet at least one friendly person but the lineup didn't seem like the place to start since most of the other girls were clinging excitedly to whoever it was had accompanied them for the day.

"Name," The middle-aged woman behind the desk barked not even bothering to look up.

"Ah, Celestia. I don't have a last name."

That gained her a quick look before the administration lady went back to typing on the computer, grunts leaving her mouth intermittently. "Staying off campus?"

"Yes."

"Here is your welcome booklet with instructions to finalise your enrolment and classes. Rooms are open today for tours and there is an orientation happening in the centre quad in case you are interested in any of the clubs. Have a nice day." She jerked her head in farewell. "Next! Name?"

A little dejected, Celestia clutched the thick envelope and wandered back outside, her eyes squinting against the sunlight.

"Over here!" Luke called from the left of the stairs under a lovely tree.

"Got it all?" Sean asked, smiling relaxedly. "We've decided to stop in at the cafeteria before the tour and at least grab some drinks. Sound ok?"

"Yes, that sounds good," She replied, rubbing a thumb over the thick paper where the school's emblem and motto were displayed. Whatever else happened, whether she made friends or not, she had finally made it. Her dream, to be at college and setting her own course was just beginning and she was determined to make the most of it.

She drifted off into her thoughts and allowed her feet to simply trust that following her Uncles was safe and they would get her to their destination in one piece.

"Oh look, they did make it after all," Sean suddenly announced, his hand gently guiding her through the entrance of the cafeteria and towards one of the largest tables where a small group of familiar men sat enjoying cups of coffees. "How lovely."

"This is a total fucking disaster! Did no one listen when I said that I wanted to be the one to monopolise our niece today?" Gabe blustered, his mouth in a tight line as he tried to keep from smiling. Like he would have expected anything less from his brothers. It was good for her too, to see that they really cared and that even a visit to her college was going to be an important event for all of them. She'd never be rid of them now.

"Oh," Celestia exclaimed, smiling and waving as Owen, Nathan, Victor and Dakota all rose to their feet and greeted her with smiles of their own. "Did you do this for the triplets and Sofia?"

"The triplets decided to take up employment with Silas and North before they graduated high school and Sofia is insisting that she wants to take a year off to travel so we haven't had the opportunity until now." Dakota explained, pulling out a chair for her to sit between himself and Owen. "How was your morning?"

"Wonderful except for a little car trouble," She replied, avoiding Gabriel's eyes as Sean and Luke snickered.

"What car trouble?" North cut in before anyone else could. "You didn't mention anything."

"It was nothing," Gabe replied in a hard tone. "It's been perfect. What did Trouble say when she asked what you'd all be doing today?"

"Nothing. She thinks we're all at work." Nathan answered, a sheepish smile in place as the brothers all glanced at one another.

"Perhaps not," Owen murmured, picking up his flashing phone. "Hello, darling. Anything wrong?"

He winced slightly before blowing out a breath and pressing a button and setting it in the middle of the table.

"Hello, dear husbands and my gorgeous niece. I hope you're having a lovely time, Celestia."

"I am," Celestia called, allowing a smile to cover her face as nine of the most intimidating men she had ever met all began sweating.

"Wonderful. Now," Her voice sharpened, "What on earth do you think you are all doing?! I knew something was going on when you all scurried out. It was meant to be Gabe taking Celestia out today but there you all are. Do I need to ask if any of you are carrying? You had better not be, North Taylor!"

"Baby..."

"You are all in so much trouble!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2M 31.2K 2
An Abnormality. That is what Nicolette is. A monster that has to be kept hidden from the world. A witch. A vampire. A werewolf. All in one person...
21.6M 787K 89
When she was 14, Dalia was sold to Matteo Martinelli, the former leader of the largest Italian mafia. Flash forward with his son, Vittore Martinelli...
16.4M 546K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
54M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...