The Hollows Of Hiraeth (✔️) |...

By __queenly__

Have you ever feared for your life? Due to recent circumstances, Sky Forest knows that feeling like the back... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven: Part One
Chapter Ninety-Seven: Part Two
Chapter Ninety-Eight: Part One
Chapter Ninety-Eight: Part Two
Chapter Ninety-Nine: Part One
Chapter Ninety-Nine: Part Two
Chapter One-Hundred: Part One
Chapter One-Hundred: Part Two
Epilogue
♔ THE SEQUEL ♔

Chapter Sixty-Eight

34 3 8
By __queenly__

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E    T    H
_________________________________

I stood up and made my way over to it, reading the annotations and glancing at the images. I frowned as all of the images and annotations seemed similar, then I realised that they were about me.

"Is this some sort of murder investigation?" I asked Jameson who raised his eyebrow at me.

"You're not dead." He pointed out and I rolled my eyes.

"You know what I mean." I realised that there were many other ways that I could've rephrased my previous question.

Jameson sighed, "It's stupid really," Jameson commented, reaching out to take off a post-it.

I stopped him by touching his arm, "No, it isn't," I told him whilst looking for his reaction, but glanced back to the board instead. "Yeah, it's a little morbid," I put in, referring to the bloody images, "But it's not weird." I reassured him before noticing a very brutal and bloody image.

I raised my eyebrow, "Was that–" I paused as I stared wide eyed at the image, "Was that what it looked like?" I asked, my voice quiet and shocked as I tried to peel my eyes away from the image of my stab wound.

"It was bad." Jameson responded and I finally looked away to see him sorrowfully gazing at the board.

"They wanted me dead." I pointed out and Jameson glanced back at me with raised eyebrows.

"But in the last few," I glanced at the images and annotations, "They haven't done anything that puts my life at risk.." I trailed off, unable to finish my conclusions.

I heard Jameson scoff beside me, "Are you sure? You nearly got shot the other day." Jameson pointed out, unintentionally putting salt onto a sensitive wound.

I brushed it off quickly and shook my head, "Yeah, but all these recent attacks are very different to the first," I referred to the bloody image on the board, "At first they tried to kill me, now it's like they want to scare me off." I made my point, having no idea what it meant in the grand scheme of things.

"Are you scared?" Jameson's question surprised me momentarily, as I if I was expecting another light lipped comment off him.

I glanced at him to see him already looking down at me, then found that I couldn't take my eyes off him. At first, I didn't entirely know what to say, since I hadn't thought he would ask this in response.

"Well I wouldn't say I'm delighted that I'm being assaulted," I pointed out, "I don't know, honestly, I think I'm more creeped out than scared." I concluded my rambles and Jameson nodded, still gazing down at me.

"If I'm scared it'll be because I can't predict who's going to get caught in the crossfire," I swallowed, ignoring the topic of Angela, "I mean, you got pretty beat up." I pointed out, hoping my dismissal of Angela's death would go unnoticed.

Jameson smiled softly, "Your compassion for others is admirable," He gave me a small smile, "And predictable," Jameson added with a laugh, "But I'm your guardian, I'm supposed to get caught in the crossfire." Jameson explained but I found myself shaking my head.

"So you just sign up to get yourself killed?" I asked and Jameson pondered my question.

"Are you saying I'm not a good guardian?" He finally resulted to and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm saying you could get killed—your job is to get killed." I repeated and again Jameson paused.

"My job isn't to get killed, it's to protect you." Jameson replied, a glint of amusement in his eyes but his posture remaining tense, in his usual alert way.

"But you could get killed doing that." My tone was questioning, not believing how someone could risk their life for someone else.

Jameson nodded, "Of course." He replied instantly, as if it was second nature. My eyes widened and I wondered to what extent this would go to.

"If you could've gotten there soon enough, would you have taken the bullet? Would you have jumped in the way?" I asked hesitantly, the mention of the subject turning my mood dour.

"Sky, that is barely questionable," I raised my eyebrows at Jameson who rolled his eyes in response, "Of course I would've." Jameson reiterated. I must've looked shocked, or unconvinced, as Jameson sighed.

"Think about it like this:" Jameson paused for thought and I waited, "Someone shoots at Avery who is beside you, what do you do?" Jameson asked and I considered his very impossible situation.

"I'd push her out of the way." I told him, watching as his lips twitched upwards at my response.

"And what if, by doing that, you got shot?" Jameson asked next.

I paused, trying to gather my thoughts, the story that Jameson is creating is really messing with my head. "Then I'd get shot." The answer came out more adamant than I'd wanted, and even Jameson appeared to be taken aback by my tone.

Then, eventually, he nodded, signalling that my response was the ultimate conclusion to his story. But it didn't even relate at all, it didn't explain why Jameson would do what I thought I would.

"That still doesn't make sense," I repeated my thoughts aloud and Jameson rose his eyebrow in question, "Because Avery's my friend; I care about her." I spoke before realising what that meant. Then the room went awfully quiet as the realisation of what I should've already picked up on hit me. Jameson cares about me, enough to risk his life. And here's me thinking he was only doing it because it was his job, secretly thinking he gets paid for every attack we dodge.

But what if his protection over me isn't just because he 'has to'? What if it's actually because he cares?

"I know it's hard to explain," Jameson took a step closer, and soon we were barely inches apart, close enough to count each others eyelashes.

"You already expressed your feelings, Jameson. It's not the explaining, it's you." Okay so that was a little harsh, but it was the truth. When Jameson and I had kissed, Jameson had shut himself off, and I immediately felt as if he hated me; like me believing anything could stem from the kiss was just me being pathetic.

Jameson gave me an apologetic look, "After what happened with Bert," Jameson cleared his throat, looking as if he was feeling despair for a moment, "I swore I'd never let my emotions get in the way again–"

I broke him off, "Your emotions weren't the problem." My tone was questioning, wondering what Jameson was getting at. Jameson swallowed, reaching up, his fingers hesitantly and delicately tucking a stray lock of hair behind my ear.

"Yes they were, although they can be an advantage, say, for example, I won't put anyone's life above yours. However, I've been–" Jameson narrowed his eyes in thought, "Different ever since, like I anticipated too much, I'd overthink too much, that if anything were to happen, I would be weak and my emotions would hit me. I'd mess up, Sky." His voice was pained and I frowned.

"You couldn't do anything about Bert." I told him, which was true—Bert's death was self-inflicted, Jameson could do nothing about it.

Jameson shook his head, his fingers lingering on my cheek as he frowned. "No, but when you were locked in your room, being attacked, that's when I felt it. It was like it all came back, I was slow. I hesitated. I played back the memories in my mind: I watched as I shouted at Bert, trying to get him to unlock the door. That nearly got you killed. And it was my fault." Jameson's confession made my heart break, and I found myself putting a hand on his arm.

"To be honest, I ran to your door first, I could've easily ran to the room's exit." I smiled and watched as Jameson's lips twitched again in response.

"Why?" Jameson's stress was fading, though the hysteria was now showing behind his hypnotic sapphire eyes as he asked his question.

I shrugged, "I wasn't really thinking, I guess my first instinct was to find you, because you are my guardian after all." I explained and Jameson nodded. "Though, I think part of me feared that, if I was about to face an attack, and you weren't there to protect me, that something had happened to you," I paused, letting that sink in.

"Jameson, I think we both let our emotions get in the way." Was the last thing that got past my lips before nothing else could; Jameson's lips were on mine.

________________________________

WELL DAYUMM

HIT HER HARD

(please don't literally hit anyone)

SKYSON SKYSON SKYSON

WHY IS JAMESON KISSING SKY WHEN SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND

DESPERATE MUCH

why am I still shouting

This chapter was too much I'm about to combust

I explode

-Human who exploded

____________
Next update: Sunday–Wednesday
____________

CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE SPOILER (diiirttyyyy peopleeee—including me):

Where does the kiss lead?

Does Sky refuse it?

Or do Jameson's lips get the better of her?

Is Carter's and Sky's relationship affected by this?

Or is it the hearts best kept secret?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

QUOTE OF THE CHAPTER:

(For all the Skyson shippers)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 34.4K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
Dreams ✔ By A♥️

Mystery / Thriller

1.6K 541 39
❌ "...every soldier in the room froze...They turned, focusing their burning eyes on one single thing, me. In a matter of seconds they were all on the...
721K 25.5K 74
"𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙫𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙨, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙬𝙖𝙧, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙤𝙛...
33.7K 973 26
There's a lot of difficulties in life one might run into. Could be a life or death situation, the meeting of a life long friendship, tipping over the...