Twin Tussle ✔

By TheEuphoricWriter

[COMPLETED] Blood is thicker than water...Or is it? The first time I saw Harley Martinez, my heart did five s... More

☆| Introduction
☆| Prologue
1| Notice
3| Confession
4| Nostalgia
5| Selfish
6| Hunt
7| Bad boy
8| Change
9| Reality
10| Heartbreak
11| Chains
☆| Author's Note
12| Fourteen
13| Encounter
14| Shock
15| Melancholy
16| Kiss
17| Truth
☆| Qs and As
18| Settled
19| Rage
20| Past
21| Senseless
22| Lost
23| Guilt
24| Official
25| Surprise
26| Together
27| Sacrifice
28| Trouble
29| Infuriated
30| Revenge
31| Sorry
32| Justice
33| Apology
34| Forgiveness
35| Date
☆| Epilogue
UPDATE

2| Misery

6.2K 297 227
By TheEuphoricWriter

Dedicated to: Naisha_n

Thank you for the votes bud!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"The saddest kind of sad is when your tears can't even drop and you feel nothing. It's like the world has just ended. You don't cry. You don't hear. You don't see. You just stay there. For a second, the heart dies..."
~Anonymous

Connor

I strolled down the road, making short, uneasy steps. What just happened back at lunch had taken me by surprise. The girl, who I thought didn't even know me, knew my brother. She knew my brother really well.

The trees lined on the path drooped and swayed in the breeze like melancholic old Voodoo dolls. The wind was cold. It caressed my face as it rushed across the street. My dark brown hair swished with the frosty swirls of air.

Damon walked close besides me; his eyes glued to the rock he'd been kicking since we left the school premises.

I took a deep breath and leisurely exhaled, it was going to be fine. All I had to do was to go and notify Caleb that his dream girl was waiting for him. And when he'll ask me "Why are you giving up?" then I'll say "she was never mine and she'll never be" and I'll stride away. That's all I had to do, how much effort will I have endeavour for that?

The answer was in fact - a lot.

"Hey buddy?" Damon finally spoke, breaking the silence. His voice was deep and husky, as if he saw through my heart and felt sorry for me "You alright?"

"Yeah" I replied casually and nodded frantically "Tell me one thing Damon..."

He looked up at me, cocking his eyebrows.

"Why is it always my brother?" I let out a nervous-laugh, with painful-dimples invading my cheeks "I mean, we're the same, then why is it always him? Just because he's a badass?"

It was indeed, always him. My first crush, a girl I met in middle school, later went forward to become best friends with Caleb. A girl living in our neighbourhood became my good friend and later, she became Caleb's girlfriend.

My first girlfriend told me she liked Caleb more than me and he doesn't even know it yet.

I felt worthless, my heart shattered into a million pieces. Will this keep on happening ceaselessly now?

"I'm sorry about Harley" Damon patted my shoulder.

"Sorry just about her?" I smiled at him "Better be sorry about every girl I've adored till date"

-----------------------------------------------------

Twisting the knob of the main door, I gave it a push to open it. Silence was the only thing I met. That was weird; Caleb usually had ear-splitting rap music bursting through the speakers because mom usually went shopping at this time. Was mom home?

I made my way to the kitchen to get myself snacks when I heard a noise.

My heart skipped a beat.

The voices were coming from the kitchen...

...'moaning' voices.

I was stuck in my place, my mouth wide open. Caleb was creating trouble again.

"Caleb?" I whispered as I made my way slowly, gradually, toward the kitchen "Caleb is that you?"

Very meticulously, like an actor in a horror movie, I peeked into the kitchen "Sheesh!"

I brunette girl sat on the kitchen island, her legs wrapped around Caleb as they kissed.

I made a face and shook my head in disgust "Caleb!"

Caleb and the girl jumped in horror and whirled around. When I acknowledged the girl as Gina, I let out a sigh of relief "Not in the kitchen Caleb! We have food here"

"Yes we do" he gave Gina a smirk and planted a kiss on her lips.

"What time is it?" Gina looked at her watch "Oh no I'm getting late. Gotta go" she hugged him.

Caleb groaned "Oh come on, just a little longer" he mischievously caught Gina by her waist and kissed her forehead, twisting strands of her hair round his fingers.

"No baby I have to go" Gina pouted and teasingly pushed him away "We'll meet tomorrow, good-bye"

I rolled my eyes when Caleb gave her flying kisses as she ambled out the door.

"You've got to be kidding me" I strode up to him gritting my teeth "I thought you were busy talking to Ley. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!"

"Heat?" Caleb's face twisted into a weird, confused expression.

"It's a phrase!" I groaned in frustration "It means if you are unable to handle the situation then you'd better give up!"

Caleb tried to focus for moment before he realized what I was talking about "Oh...right"

"I couldn't" he exhaled "she's just- I'm too shy"

I clenched my fists tight. I had struggled so hard to battle my misery, now here he is, telling me he didn't ask her out. I could feel my face heating up, the muscles of my heart trying their best to slacken. I was consumed with intense rage that I didn't want to express, especially to my brother.

Harley seemed so far away. Even if I try extending my hands to the point that they ache, even if I push myself to the point that it would hurt, I don't suppose I can attain her.

She would never have a place for a guy like me in her heart, no matter how hard I try. It's true; girls are into the famous guys, the bad boys, which I am not and never will be.

I cannot handle a break up so easily, forget handling four-five side chicks.

So, let the chips fall where they may. If I knew it isn't going to happen, trying won't help.

With all the vigour left in me, all the anger that I was capable of concealing, I exclaimed "I need to tell you something"

I could tell that he detected the slight nuance in the depth of my tone when his expression changed and he stood straight.

"I think..." I lowered my voice "I think Ley likes you"

He cocked his eyebrows, his right eye twitched as he stared at me in perplexity "She- she does? How'd you know?"

"I know" I said "She told me herself"

"Well" he seemed energised, giving me a one-sided smirk "What did she say?"

"She said you were generous and cute and sweet and appealing-"

"Whoa" he cut me off "I'm so going to talk to her"

"Wait, what about Gina?"

"What about her?"

"Gina likes you Caleb" I informed him again.

"Huh no she doesn't, she's a pretend bitch" he smirked "Why are you changing the topic? She's a badass and doesn't like me. I was gonna break up with her anyway"

I agreed with Caleb. Gina sure did look deceitful but never judge a book by its cover. I didn't like the way Caleb called her a 'pretend bitch', there sure was something different about her.

----------------------------------------------------------

Caleb burst into my room "Dude? Did your hear about the party?"

"What party?"

"Its tonight, Julian organize it, wanna tag along?" he looked at me willingly.

When I didn't reply, he said "Harley is going to be there too" he bit his lip doing a comical dance with his eyebrows.

I scoffed "Fine" and jumped off my bed "I need a break from wattpad anyway"

Actually, I did not need a break from wattpad. It's a remarkable place. I can just go there and get lost into my own world of imagination.

I wanted a break so I can pull myself together and break away from the excruciating thoughts that came to mind. Thoughts where Caleb and Ley...

Caleb was giving me a cheeky smile and the 'I'm-about-to-do-something-insane' look.

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

"I'm going to break up with Gina at the party"

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Someone is cutting onions on my forehead (T.T)

Thank you anyone who took their time to read my book!

Attached a picture of Gina Valentine (Lily Collins) in this chapter (~_^)

Please vote and share this book if you liked it :)

Love, K.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 2.5K 64
Dana and Cameron came from two totally different universes. Dana was the type of girl who sat in the corner of the classroom and didn't talk much. S...
88.7K 1.2K 38
This is my first story sooo🤨 He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...
222K 9.9K 46
Innocence is subjective. When push comes to shove: things change. And sometimes you just have to try not to explode. Pure's always been bullied for h...
1.1M 29.9K 66
It's hard having a crush, but it's harder having a crush on the asshole bad boy. /////////// Harley Deyes doesn't have a best friend. She doesn't hav...