moonlit → sting eucliffe x re...

By cookiecat567

in which she cries out, and he's right there to help her. 『Started: Nov. 20th, 2015』 ... More

(0) Prologue
(1) it's been a while.
:Chapter 2 ~ Catching Up.. Kind of:
:Chapter 3 ~ Permission:
:Chapter 4 ~ Fight:
:Chapter 5 ~ Past Memories:
:Chapter 6 ~ Birthday:
:Chapter 7 ~ Interview • Part One:
:Chapter 8 ~ Interview • Part 2: (Personal Interview)
:Chapter 9 ~ Beach Date:
:Chapter 10 ~ Gone Without a Trace:
:Chapter 11 ~ The (L/N) Family:
:Chapter 12 ~ Knight in Shining Armor:
:Chapter 13 ~ Awake and Alive: (Anyone else know that song?)
:Chapter 14 ~ Rounds and Rounds: !!-LEMON-!!
:Chapter 15 ~ The Right Guy:
:Chapter 16 ~ Mermaid Heel:
:Chapter 17 ~ Trying:
:Chapter 18 ~ Cheer Up:
:Chapter 19 ~ Guilds:
:Chapter 20 ~ Source:
:Chapter 21 ~ A Year:
:Chapter 22 ~ Standing in the Rain:
:Chapter 23 ~ Strengths and Weaknesses:
:Chapter 24 ~ Change:
:Chapter 25 ~ Dear Brother:
:Epilogue - A Brother's Grief:
:Friend Zoned ~ AU:
:Author's Note & S E Q U E L:
[Editingggggg]

:Chapter 26 ~ Lasting Slumber:

1.5K 45 25
By cookiecat567

A/N - Yup. Probably from an anime, but that's him. Aiichiro "Ai-Chan" (L/N). He cuuuuuute~ (If anyone knows which anime he's from [if he is from an anime] please tell me because I will start watching it immediately) ...omfg it's been so long since I've written here I forgot the format of my own thing... OωO

R e c a p

Sting's eyes widened, and getting up, his lips crashed onto hers, both of them smiling through it.

------------------------------
[counted that in Japanese~ ^ω^]

That night, things were peaceful. You lay in your bed, staring up at the ceiling. Like always, the events of that day ran through your head. Before long, your eyes droop and sleep takes you into its endless world of a dreamless darkness.

--------

And so, the morning arose. The [1] nineteen-year-old girl lay still in her bed. On her face was a serene expression, her bright (e/c) eyes closed. Somewhere else, the master of Sabertooth awaited her arrival.

"She said she'd be here today," he claimed. "At ten o' clock––on the dot!"

"And it's ten fifteen." said his partner, Rogue. "Is that such a calamity?"

"Yes!" Sting replied, agitated.

-tick tock-

"Okay, now it's a calamity." Rogue confessed. "How could she be an hour late?"

"Exactly!" complained Sting. "Can we go to her house?"

Rogue rolled his eyes, although deep down inside he was worried. "Fine."

-----

Flashbacks. All you can see is moments, pieces, tidbits of your life that had been long forgotten.

Then came the painful parts. Past, present, and back again to the past. Your mother's last goodbye, your father's wrath on your childhood, the brother who had lost his life for you...

And here it was. Not so long ago, but almost a year ago... that little moment that shattered your heart into pieces. The blond, with dark ocean blue eyes, a scar on his eyebrow and an earring on one ear. With his signature furred vest and his valiant smirk.

You watch as the moments flash by, almost like...

Like...

Your life flashing before your eyes. [2]

People had always believed that one's life flashed before their eyes as the time came for their death to arrive.

Am I going to die? At this moment, could Death possibly be at my door, during this very second?

Then you see it. The present. You're sleeping peacefully.. Or... Am I dead?

The door bursts open, Sting, Rogue, Frosch and Lector at its wake. This part seemed... slower. Is this what was happening right now?

"Tch." says Rogue, a look of disapproval on his face.

They seem to think you're sleeping.

"Seriously?" asks Sting. He walks over to you, and tried to shake you awake. "For the love of God, (Y/N), wake up!"

And when you don't, a look of confusion appears on his face. Your body is completely limp.

"Then I guess I'll just sleep with you." Sting concludes, smirking. He lays down next to you on the bed, and lays his head on your chest...

His face contorts into that of pure horror.

Lector asks, "S-Sting-kun? Wh-what's wrong with (Y/N)?"

Sting sits up, looking down at you. He's frozen.

"Sting?" this time, Rogue asks. "Is something the matter with (Y/N)?"

"Sting!" repeats Rogue. He commands, "Answer."

Sting takes a deep breath. "She... "

"What?" asks Frosch, oblivious to the situation.

A tear falls from the blond's face onto yours as he finally opened his mouth to speak.

"She's not breathing."

---

"FAIRY TAIL!" shouts Sting as he slams open the doors to the guild. He's holding you, limp in his arms.

"Sting!" Natsu says, his face lighting up. Apparently he doesn't see you because he immediately requests, "You here for a fight?" Natsu's face turns serious once he catches a glimpse of Sting's expression.

"Help (Y/N)..." he whispers, his voice cracking. "I beg of you."

Erza, now the seventh master of Fairy Tail, [3] walks up to the group. {Frosch, Lector, Sting, Rogue, you}

"What's the matter with her?" She asks, hiding the glint of worry in her eyes.

Sting's eyes drifted down to your figure. "I checked on her this morning... she..." he couldn't say it.

Rogue, showing pity on his face for the first time, finished it. "We thought she was sleeping but when we checked her heartbeat... there was none."

Kinana pipes up, "I'm not sure if we have enough time since they were planning to go on a trip to the Alvarez–"

"Kinana!" Lucy yells accusingly. "We have a family member, possibly dead and you talk about a trip?"

The girl's eyes widen, and she bows. "I'm sorry." She hurriedly walks to you and leads Sting to an impromptu gurney––a padded table.

"We can postpone the mission." Erza declares. "Master Makarov would look down on us with shame if we didn't at least try to help (Y/N)."

--------

Sting was sure nothing could hurt worse than the pain of not hearing the heartbeat of a loved one. Fairy Tail can fix this, right? He thought. F-Fairy Tail can fix everything! But he was so wrong... his world came crashing down once he heard Mirajane say,

"There's nothing we can do."

To be more precise, his everything cracked once he heard the words, "I'm sorry."

Was this really it?

"Her lungs seemed to have failed while she was sleeping, but there's no other reasonable explanation..."

Sting zoned off after that. He didn't cry. He was too numb to feel any emotion. When he came back to Sabertooth later that day and his guild mates asked what was the matter, he didn't answer.

The next few days he didn't eat. He didn't sleep. He drank only water. Nothing else. When the Tora Tora Tora Eating Contest came up, he didn't compete in it. [4]

And so, time came for her funeral. For the last two weeks, he couldn't bear to hear or speak her name. She had been lost for a year, then found. And then, as quick as she had appeared, she was gone again.

Sting looked forward to the day where he could whip out a ring, bend down on one knee, and make her last name Eucliffe...

But that couldn't happen. Not anymore.

A/N - AGHEH *blows nose* I NEED A TISSUE

Sorry, I'm sick right now. Oh wait do you guys need tissues? Here. *hands out boxes of issues and pints of ice cream*

And so, this is the end of our adventure.

NO WAIT COME BACK I'M SORRY THERE'S GONNA BE A SEQUEL!!

[1] - Nineteen, because she turned eighteen in ch. 6 and then a few months, and then another year, would make her nineteen.

[2] - DON'T WORRY GUYS GRELL IS JUST LOOKING AT HER CINEMATIC RECORD! (Black Butler, anyone?)

[3] - Cause the manga... and the one year time skip... and Makarov is missing... ye.

[4] - Tora Tora Tora Eating Contest, meaning Tiger Tiger Tiger Eating Contest. It's mentioned in the manga, volume 50 ch. 425, Sabertooth X792––sorry it's placed differently than it is in the manga, but I had to mention something like TORA TORA TORA to lighten the mood. Even if it was by like 0.5%..

See you guys in the Epilogue.
~Em

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 454 26
❝ 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐕𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐀 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄, 𝐒𝐎 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐅𝐓 ❞ In which Fuyumi Dragneel is the sweetest girl al...
20.2K 690 21
"Love and true love, what's the difference?" Sting X Reader Y/N USED TO LOVE, SHE WOULD LOVE EVERYTHING SO MUCH THAT SHE WOULD CRY. However, she was...
265K 6.3K 20
{Completed} You are the water dragon slayer. The princess of a forgotten kingdom destroyed by Acnologia. But your also a member of fairy tail. After...
88.2K 3.1K 25
If you go South, far South, to the point where you aren't sure where you are anymore, you will find a beautiful kingdom. A country called Sabertooth...