(Book 2) Hayden Mackay and Th...

Per jyothi89

"Magic may appear in their stones but real magic is in your words"- @KirtiNimmala Hayden Mackay and his frien... Més

1. The Other Daughter
2. An Appalling News Bulletin
3. Paramarashtra
5. Comalica Virus
6. A Message from the Enemy
7. Up, Up and Away!
8. In Depth Explorations
9. At His Lair
10. Journey towards Rawat Dynasty
11. Holognome
12. Cowboy's Bar
13.The Enemy Strikes Back
14. Tears of the Maiden
15. Confrontation
16. Death So Close
17. Three's not a Crowd
18. Avenger
19. King Aghasthya's Tale
20. Only One with all the Answers (Part 1)
20. Only One with all the Answers (Part 2)
21. Good Bye, My friend
Series Continue

4. The Combined Formation

385 53 288
Per jyothi89

Next day after training, except for Leena, who was on kitchen duty, we were still in the training room waiting for the doctor to inform him about our highly edited plan for Dakshinpur. The Doctor looked so worn out. He asked us to wait for few minutes before we could talk; moreover, he left the academy for some business without even bothering to inform us and was taking forever to return.

"He is so late!" said Celina impatiently "Why couldn't he just listen to us?"

Celina was never this frustrated before as she was being now. I remember her once telling me about how enthusiastic she was to visit the place called Dakshinpur. I bet, she wanted to know something about her parents. But yes, that was an understatement. Every one of us wanted to know something about our parents' past.

"We are not going for a pleasure trip, Hanslay," said Tyrell pushing back his hair underneath his cap, "And not to mention, Dakshinpur is a very weird city."

"Yeah tell me about it," said Pruthvi calmly, sitting down and resting his chin on his fist, "I wish Paschimgarh is a decent place, with no unpleasant surprises."

"I don't think so!" I said, "Ira mentioned Shashi might already know about your sister location. So you might want to get ready for some action there, buddy."

"Oh, I am not worried about that." he said shrugging, "Last time, as I was alone, I was tensed; but this time, as Leena will be by my side I feel loads better. Two is better than one on any day. So it should be fine."

"Again," said Tyrell with a slight edge in his voice, "We are not going for a pleasure trip and you two- behave yourselves. No hanky-panky. Don't forget there is a sister out there waiting for someone to rescue her and it turns out her brother forgets about her because his girl friend is by his side. Imagine that!"

"Thank you for the head's up," Pruthvi said giving out a fake smile.

Celina giggled.

The door of the training room opened and I wished it to be the doctor as the ducks outside started creating a ruckus. But instead, it turned out to be Leena who was seriously upset and looked like she was going to cry as she settled beside Pruthvi.

"How did it go?" he asked looking at her.

"I think she suspected."

I stood straight and so did Celina.

"What do you mean suspected?" I asked.

"I told her I have to accompany you to find Yamini. She said you don't need me at all. What, am I that weak?"

"Of course not!" said Pruthvi putting his hand around her shoulder.

"Come one, she should know you are the one who can control his fire," said Celina, "In case he goes nuts."

"Hey!" I cried indignantly.

"May be she doesn't want me to go at all," Leena said, "She also asked who else was going with you, so I her that you three are coming. She was like-why is it required for all the formation Samagraha to go only to find Yamini? Seriously you guys, I think she knows what we are going to do."

"Oh how silly you are," said Tyrell, "How can she know unless Ruchin heard and blabbed on us. But I think she doesn't want Yamini to be found at all; because if Yamini comes back, she fears she might lose her job."

We waited there for more than an hour. I was vexed and my friends further still. I wished doctor hadn't had sealed the pond. Otherwise we could have easily used the water way to reach Dakshinpur. But now we were forced to use the Gates of Chandrika and he was the only one who could help us.

I was glad that my stone started burning alerting us about lunch time.

"That's it!" said Tyrell walking out of the training room, "I can't wait anymore. My stone is burning and I am famished."

"Gee, I wonder when you aren't," commented Celina following him.

We walked out of the training room with no other option than to delay our talk with doctor. I wondered where he was, since out of the academy since morning and I kind of started worrying about him. Pruthvi, on the other hand was disappointed too. He was so delighted the day before, when I told him about his sister's whereabouts. I bet he couldn't have slept last night.

We entered the lobby and to our surprise it was empty. I looked back at the aisle; no one was coming out of their rooms. I frowned. We went and sat in our usual place, and waiting for us as she sat alone on the main table was-Ira Zutshi.

"Hello," she said smiling as we walked in.

We smiled back at her, as Leena said, "Hello Mrs. Zutshi."

"Thanks a lot for helping me in the kitchen dear," she said.

"That's fine Mrs. Zutshi. It's my job."

We began eating silently. I was really curious to know where everyone else was. So, I leaned towards Leena and said, "Hey Leena, why don't you ask her where doctor and others are?"

"Good idea," said Celina, "I was about to ask you the same."

Leena turned towards Ira and asked sweetly, "Mrs. Zutshi, do you know why anyone isn't here?"

"Oh! I think everyone is out of the academy dear," she said raising her eyebrows, "They were so glad when I gave them the permission. And as far as I know, you were leaving too for a job right?"

"No, we have to talk to doctor first."

She smiled again and said, "Then you might have to wait for few more days, dear."

We looked up at her, puzzled

Leena asked, "Why? What's the problem?"

"I wonder why doctor didn't tell you before he left. His son is not feeling well."

"Ashvanth?" said Celina out loudly, "Is he okay?"

I turned my focus on Tyrell totally stunned. I was so stunned that I wasn't even able move or speak at that point of time. He read my expressions and said, "Ashvanth Veer, doctor's adopted son."

"Wha..!" I said. I was really not sure if I heard him right. But I concentrated on Ira before Tyrell could answer me.

Ira said, "There is a weird disease spreading in his native place, right now. Everyone is suddenly getting sick."

"Is she talking about Dakshinpur?" whispered Pruthvi.

I stared at him. An odd feeling of dejavu empowered me. Even though I didn't say it out loud, he was right. What else could be doctor's native place?

"What!" I cried and stood unknowingly, "When did this happen?"

Ira shifted her eyes towards me. Before she can say anything to me Celina interrupted, "Mrs. Zutshi, do you know anything about Ashvanth? How is he?"

Tyrell rolled his eyes. "We care only about Ashvanth where everyone in the village is getting sick."

"No wait," I said, "It was only yesterday I met doctor and we talked nothing except the stupid job. He never mentioned anything about this disease in Dakshinpur."

I bit my tongue when Pruthvi and Leena glared at me. There, I just said the D-word out.

"Well! Well! Well!" said Ira in a sing song way, "So we do know about Dakshinpur and stuff."

I couldn't say anything. She stared at me in a most unusual way.

"Mrs. Zutshi, how is Ashvanth?" Celina was getting impatient

"He should be fine dear," said Ira finally answering her, "Doctor is his father after all. He should be fine by now. So what else do we know besides Dakshinpur?"

"Almost everything," I said, almost like didn't know what to say.

"Of course dear," she said, "You are Hayden Mackay. You should know everything enough."

I wasn't sure I understood her. But she definitely meant something. The way she looked at me always indicated that.

"We have to go to Dakshinpur," I said sternly, "Right now! Can you show us how to use Gates of Chandrika?"

"You know about the gates of Chandrika? I am curious. What else did doctor actually tell you?"

I didn't answer her again. I was able to fell everyone's eyes upon me. So I sat down to discuss the matter with them.

Tyrell said, "Are you sure?"

"I am."

"I second you, Hayden," said Pruthvi, "They might need our help."

"Thank you."

Leena and Celina nodded too.

Tyrell was the only one who didn't respond. I felt his eyes upon me and they seemed to piercing right through me.

"What?" I asked him.

"When I asked 'are you sure' I didn't mean if you want to go Dakshinpur. I meant if we can trust Ira or not."

"Why not?" asked Pruthvi, skeptically.

"Out of all people you are the one I am scared of," he said and then looked at Ira who was having her head down and immersed in eating. "Anmol already had his hand in kidnapping you. What if Ira is one with them too?"

"Come on Tyrell," said Celina, "It's doctor who brought her. And we have to trust him one this."

"And it was not doctor who brought Anmol?" he snapped back at her. "And god knows what kind of woman Yamini is. Look, I am just saying we have to be careful and not to trust anyone more."

"Since when have you started being so cautious?" I asked looking up at him. Now that he made his statement something hit me. Was I being so careless? Was I giving more importance to go to Dakshinpur rather than being and keeping everyone safe? I ran my hands through my hair feeling this nauseating dilemma I was in. Man, I am on a fence.

"Since that jerk tricked and jailed us and left us to fight that stupid snake," he said.

"I understand what you are trying to say," said Pruthvi, quickly, "But I think we should take this chance."

"But Pruthvi..."

"Please Tyrell," he said insistently, "This could be my one shot for finding my sister."

I let out a sigh finally deciding. Whatever happens we were going to take Ira's help since I understood Pruthvi was so much determined to go to Dakshinpur no matter what. Okay, I am off the fence.

Both of them then stared at each other for a moment and then Tyrell shoulders sagged in defeat when he said, "Fine. You win but if anything happens to us, it's on you."

"Oh I can handle that," he said delightfully.

I caught Leena's eyes and we smiled tremulously. I averted my eyes and found Ira staring at me silently and I could only guess for how long she has been watching our actions.

She wiped her hands and made a throat clearing sound grabbing other's attention. "Meet me in the doctor's cabin," she said, "But I suggest you to finish your lunch. You don't want to get tired quickly, do you?"

With that she walked out of the lobby. And we resumed eating as fast as we can.

"Poor boy!" said Celina, who was silent for so long, "I wish he is okay,"

"He should be fine," said Tyrell, "Didn't you hear what Ira just said? Doctor is his father. And I wish you stop worrying about him."

"Who?" I asked.

"Ashvanth Veer," said Tyrell in a sarcastic voice, "Celina Hanslay's boyfriend."

"He is not my boyfriend," she snapped.

"Come on you can't refuse that you like him," said Leena, "Hayden can know now, right?"

She scowled at Leena and said, "Hayden, don't mind them. I don't have any boyfriends. He is just a good friend."

I spotted Pruthvi and Tyrell exchanging looks.

"Doctor has a son?" I asked, "Now don't tell me he is married too."

"He is not," said Tyrell, "After a few months, when doctor brought me into this academy, I always used to complain that I was staying alone all the day in here and that I was getting bored. Once I even threatened him that one day I might run away from this place. So one fine day he suddenly introduced me to this elder boy and asked him to accompany me. He told me he was his adopted son. Later after few months, doctor sent him away and now I know where. But he used to visit us like three to four times in a year."

"Didn't he know that doctor wasn't the doctor for the past eight years?

"No idea," he said, "That never really came up."

"And he is a very sweet and friendly guy," said Celina. I noticed she was turning pink ever since his name was brought up.

"Okay enough chat," said Pruthvi, "Let's go and meet Ira. She should be waiting for us."

"And don't forget," said Tyrell, "Put on warm woolen clothes. I don't want to die shivering."

Thanks to Tyrell for reminding us, we quickly grabbed out jackets and met outside the training room. Pruthvi used his emerald and together, we entered into the cabin. Ira was standing beside the doctor's table, waiting for us. My eyes fell on the small glass decanter filled with white sparkling powder residing on the table. I remembered that was the same powder doctor had used to bring us back from Dakshinpur. Now I started wondering how she had it.

"Are you sure you want to go to Dakshinpur?" she asked looking straight at me. "You know whom you might encounter there don't you?"

I was sure she was talking about Shashi Thribhuvan. To me, it seemed like a warning.

"We are," I said stubbornly and others nodded.

"Fine. Get back. Don't let the powder bother your eyes."

We took a step back as I watched her taking some powder in her hands.

"Gates of Chandrika-Open at Dakshinpur!"

She shouted and blew the powder. Our eyes shrunk as a brilliant white light formed in the middle of the cabin. The gates opened. I was able to see the white slippery road realizing it was actually Dakshinpur and Ira was truly helping us . Celina and Leena were watching it for the first time and I noticed they were dumbstruck when a large oval shaped light formed before their eyes.

Pruthvi was the first to move. He caught Leena by her wrist, nodded at us and both of them jumped to opposite side. I was right behind Celina and Tyrell who jumped together helping each other.

Before I jumped to the other side, I turned around to look at Ira. She was still standing there having a sorry expression in her eyes as she looked at me.

"Thank you," I said, having this odd feeling that own her much, "for helping us."

"Don't mention it," she said, "Just be careful."

I nodded and stepped into the closing gates and joined the others.

"Oooo!" Celina said excitingly, as she saw me joining them, "Finally I am in Dakshinpur."

The gates vanished in no time and as I looked around, I realized we were in the village that seemed exactly like Pruthvi had described before. It was serene and so freaky, not a single soul could be seen outside. He also had mentioned that people do live here but closed in their huts. And so it seems.

Wind howled. It was chillier than it was in the month of May. A sudden nostalgic sensation bubbled inside my stomach. This was the place my mother belonged; her roots. I definitely wanted to know my mother's family; but then I didn't know how they would react to my presence and what impact it would have upon us in these troubled times.

"Nothing is changed," said Pruthvi, interrupting my thoughts, "It was silent then, it is silent now."

"And will be silent till people stops fearing Shashi," I said, grabbing Tyrell's attention.

"I can't believe I am in India," said Leena excitedly.

"Its Paramarashtra," corrected Pruthvi, "Not at all anywhere near India."

Not far away from us a galloping sound of a horse reverberated. I was not sure if I have to pay attention to it or not but then I watched Pruthvi turning towards the sound. We followed him and the sound and walked through the mist to see more carefully.

"Not my son!" A man was crying. "Please! Spare my son!"

A very young boy had both of his hands tied up and was forced to sit behind the man riding the horse. Observing carefully, the boy's face was fern colored, his eyes tightly shut.

I stared around more carefully. The scene was filled with ruthlessness. There were about twenty men, walking along with the man on top of the horse and laughing at the one crying. The boy who had his hand tied up groaned aloud painfully. The old man was running behind the horse, his clothes ruined liked torn off after completely beaten up.

"What the hell is happening there?" whispered Leena, her eyes opened wide.

A huge man stepped up and pulled away the whimpering man, "Stand aside you! This is for the best."

I quickly recognized the voice.

"But my son is..." the old man was saying.

"Your son is suffering with the disease that is contagious," the familiar person said, "he shouldn't be allowed in the village anymore. Had your son obeyed my orders, he probably wouldn't have been suffering!"

"You!" I cried aloud unknowingly, grabbing everyone's attention. He was the same man who tricked us two months ago and threw me and Tyrell in to the prison.

"Shourya!" said Pruthvi, with his panic-stricken eyes. I chanced looked at him. Pruthvi had told them that a man named Shourya helped him get out of the prison. If so, why did he sabotage us?

The horse stopped moving, now everyone looking at us. Celina and Leena stepped back with slight trepidation. Suddenly everything seemed to change. Now I know why everyone stays inside their huts tightly shut. The way the boy was being dragged away, was something beyond an atrocity.

"I am surprised, you know my name," Shourya said walking closer and looking with his fierce eyes. The men behind him charged at us. Shourya quickly turned around shouted, "Stay back everyone! Let me deal with them."

The old man quickly pulled away his son and ran away from them carrying his son on his shoulder.

"Shourya," said one of the men, "Don't waste time. She is here. Let's take her and hand her over."

"Don't be ridiculous," he said to them, "They are not so innocent to listen to us that easily."

"Yeah right," said Tyrell mockingly, "Whom have you targeted this time?"

"Tyrell what are you saying," said Pruthvi, "He is the one who saved my life."

"No," I turned at him, "How can you even say that?"

"Because, I witnessed it."

"Pruthvi, he is the one who kidnapped you and tricked me and Tyrell."

"But..."

"That's enough," Shourya said interjecting Pruthvi, "I am so fortunate you are here by yourselves, all of you. And now that you are here, my work is half done."

"What do you mean?" I asked angrily.

"No one shall say a word but only listen."

"What do you want?" I demanded, feeling my stone to be ready to command it.

"No one will be harmed today, the way if you listen to me," he said slowly walking closer, "Dakshinpur is not safe for anyone."

"Stay back!" I shouted gritting my teeth, "If you want us to listen, just stay back. Or walk any closer I swear I'll tear your skin off."

The man on the horse got down and said, "Shourya, they are having their stones. Let's kill them all before they start using their stones."

"I said no one will be hurt today," he said now walking backward, "Samagraha, do as I say and everything will be fine."

"Go to hell!" said Tyrell angrily, "I believed you once, I shall not repeat the same."

"I don't care if you faced a lot of heat because of me," he said, "But it was for your own good."

"Stop your sweet talks," I said, "Get to the point. What are you doing here? And what were you doing to that little kid?"

"But guys, he really saved my life," persuaded Pruthvi looking at me and Tyrell.

"Don't fall for his fake acts, Pruthvi," said Tyrell, "Trust me I have been there."

"Are you here to abduct Pruthvi again?" Celina asked nervously.

"No," he said grating, "This time I need someone else!"

He was having his finger pointed. I was scared to look at whom he pointing at. Fearfully I followed it only to find out that it was pointed at...

"Leena Savant!" he demanded, "Come with me!"

"No!" Pruthvi shouted. He and Tyrell quickly stood in front of her when Leena trembled with fear.

"You are insane," I said, "No way she is coming with you."

"Don't be foolish, Hayden," he said, "You have to trust me on this."

"Guys, why are we even talking to him," shouted Celina, "Clearly they are here to hurt the villagers. This is one opportunity we have. Let's use our new strategy on them!"

A month ago, one fine morning, in the training room...

"What, I told I was too tired to train today," said Tyrell who rather lazy and pretending to be tired.

It was Tyrell's turn to fight Celina that day, but I knew he was only trying to escape from her fierce airy powers.

Celina was the strongest of us all. That was the reason Tanvir-turned doctor made her in charge for training. After the real doctor was revived and as a fact he knew nothing about the other Samagraha, she had to battle a tough fight with the doctor to maintain her position. Even though she lost against doctor, he was impressed with her fighting skills and asked her to continue to train the others.

"Tyrell don't you understand, there is manic out there trying to get us. Don't you want to be strong enough before you face him?"

"He is after Hayden, why do I have to be strong?"

"He went after Pruthvi. How can you be sure he is not coming after you this time?"

His mouth fell. He looked at me and Pruthvi with his stunned eyes.

"Come on girl! Let's get back to training," he said making us laugh fully.

Celina then asked us to sit in a circle before she began. She had her pen and paper ready.

"So what is it you wanted to tell us?" Leena asked.

"Guys, I have been thinking. Now that we have all the formation Samagraha, we should actually have a pattern to use our stones."

"Er...can you be more specific," said Pruthvi skeptically.

"Look," she said starting drawing in her paper.

"All our elemental powers are related to one another (She wrote our names and our powers). Pruthvi can lessen Tyrell's lightning (She connected Tyrell and Pruthvi and so on). But his lightning can be more powerful in Leena's water. Also, her water can minimize Hayden's fire and on the other hand, his fire can be more intense if my air pushes it. And then in turn Pruthvi can stop my air at once."

"So?" asked Tyrell.

But I answered his question instead of her.

"So we can use our stones in a systematic way and help one another to either elevate or diminish our powers."

"Exactly!" she said raising her eye brows.

"Oh come one," said Tyrell, "That should be easy for us."

"I don't think so," she said, "We need to have a proper procedure about who should begin first and with whom we should end it. We don't want to get all tangled up and waste our energy."

"I like the idea," said Leena, "Great job, Celina."

She smiled and said, "May be that's why doctor asks formation Samagraha to practice together, to practice like a team. This will be our team strategy henceforth and I call it- The Combined Formation!"

The men started charging upon us, bring me back to present.

"Ready?" Celina said making me surprise she wasn't scared at all, "Your call Pruthvi."

"Earthly Bind!" Pruthvi shouted dropping to his knees.

The ground shuddered and cages emerged shooting towards the sky and sealing the twenty men.

"Fire Explosive Formation!" I cried next. I was waiting for this moment, to use my stone and to see her again. She was still there calling out for me. I blinked unwillingly, taking out my mind out of her. The flame of fire emerged was powerful that it I had to look away.

Shourya was trying hard to get away from Pruthvi's cage, but as my fire hit him, he ducked and fell on his knees.

"Oxi-empowerment formation!" Celina cried next. Soft and brisk wind emerged through her joined hands and amalgamated with my fire, increasing its intensity. This made everyone of them screech due to the strong heat that Celina and I created together.

"Tidal wave formation!" cried Leena. The fire that I created melted the snow around us. Leena was lucky to have water there and she successfully commanded her stone, whirling and circulating water around the area. My fire was diminishing with so much pressure that came from her water and before it could, Tyrell acted next.

"Everyone, get back!" he shouted warning us. "Lightning formation!"

His lightning passed through the water some of them got electrocuted. Shourya on the other hand griped his hand tightly on the cage and hoped at the top escaping the water.

Everything happened so quickly that we didn't have a chance to observe the situation. Water started running down towards us and without waiting anymore we sprinted, as quickly as we can and far away from them.

"Now what?" shouted Tyrell looking back at the people trying to satisfy himselves that Shourya and him men weren't following us.

"There is only place where we can go right now," I said glancing at other side, "Pruthvi, you know the way better than us."

Pruthvi and Leena were running together, he, having Leena's hand clutched into his, said, "Got it Hayden. Follow me everyone. We are going to meet the King of Sharad, King Aghasthya."

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

3.9K 464 22
Samaira Lakshmi Deshpande is caught between two worlds, two masks. Amidst the hunt for her missing twin and the pressure to fit her family's mold of...
Journey (Completed) Per Dharini

Literatura romàntica

27.2K 2.1K 15
Saira Shetty, a 24 year old fashion designer was happily leading her life with her friends and family trying to set up her own brand. She had setup h...
Never Ever ✔️ Per Anya

Literatura romàntica

25K 2.1K 70
When Reet kapoor first laid eyes on Varun khanna, She had every reason to stay away from him; within minutes of their first encounter, his volatile a...