The Kept Secret (Slowly Editi...

נכתב על ידי embrace_passion

You can never escape from your secret When Lilly Dunn found herself pregnant after a drunken one-night stand... עוד

The Kept Secret
Chapter 2: Secret is Born
Chapter 3: Making Changes
Chapter 4: Morning Lies lead to Death
Chapter 5: Goodbye
Chapter 6: The Talk
Chapter 7: You Are My Life
Chapter 9: Circling Around Feelings
Chapter 10: Taking a Chance on Family
Chapter 11: Unforgiving
Chapter 12: Feelings
Chapter 13: The Proposal
Chapter 14: Affair
Chapter 15: Always there to help
Chapter 16: Bath Massage
Chapter 17: Girl's Night
Chapter 18: Drunken Lust or Love
Chapter 19: True Feelings Revealed
Chapter 20: Deadly Love
Chapter 21: Visions of the Future
Epilogue
A Secret Hiding Place
It's Up
Revising
¿Mini Story¿

Chapter 8: Living Arrangements

162K 2.9K 631
נכתב על ידי embrace_passion

(Unedited: So PLEASE NO COMMENTS ON MY GRAMMAR- Thanks)

Chapter 8: Living Arrangements

Walking into work I keep repeating want Chance had told me about how he plan on stay here and there wasn’t anything I could do about it. Why was all I couldn’t understand, why was he doing all this? Why did he seem alright with all this? The more I thought about it the more it confused me. All I know was I couldn’t keep fighting him on this, in the end it would only hurt Ayanna. 

“Lost in your own world again, Lilly?” I heard his sickening voice say. I don’t know what it was about Marcus voice but every time he spoke to me it made me skin crawl. “I’m glad you have come back home to me.”

I turn to see him smiling that sheepish smile of his. “You, I’m not your Marcus.” I spit back at him. I was still on an up roar with my fight with Chance that I was ready to let loss on him now. “Stop with the flirting with me every morning when you see me. You sickening me in every way there is. Now leave me the hell alone.” I didn’t give him time to say anything back has I turn back to go to the kitchen when I saw Greg standing there with the double doors whip open.

“What the hell is going on outside here? We’re about to open?” he yelled at us, “You know what never mind I don’t want to know. All I do know is that you two better start getting along or less.”

“Or less what Greg, you’ll fire me?” I throw back at him. I know I wasn’t really mad at him but after the fight with Chance this morning and now Marcus coming on to me I couldn’t really handle it.

The look on Greg face was almost murders. I knew he wouldn’t fire me but I was really starting to second guess myself. He leaded down and pinched the bridge of his nose and started to breath in and out to try to calm himself down. “Ok Lilly I know you have a lot going on right now with your father death and Ayanna father showing back up so how about you take a few more days off and try to sort throw it all.”

Before I could say anything back to him I felt someone throw their arms around me “Oh angel I didn’t know you father died.” I heard his imposture voice say has he pulled me to his chest, “there no need to be sad, I’m here for you.”

I flow my arms up and pushed him off me “Marcus go to hell, I don’t need you around me.” I scream at him.

Then he did the unthinkable he started laughing “Oh I get it. Now that baby daddy’s back in the picture you think you can get tossed me to the side. Not going to happen Angle your mind.” Then he started walking back over to me. I felt my back it the end to one of the table and looked over at Greg for help. But he was just watching with horror in his eyes. Why wasn’t he helping me?

“Marcus I’m not yours or anyone’s.” I throw back at him. “Has for Ayanna’s father bring back, he back because of her not me.”

“Right, then you’re a fool to believe that. I’m sure once he saw you again he wants you back all to himself but he not getting it.” he said finally getting to me and trapping me in between his arms “I’ll kill that son of bitch before he can lay a hand on you.”

“Who are you plan on killing.” I heard his voice yet again. “I think it be best for you to step back from Milly before you get yourself killed.” That when I turn to the door and saw Chance walking to us. If looks could kill Marcus would be six feet under has I saw Chance green eyes turn a darker stormy green has he got closer.

“Who the hell is Milly?” Marcus asked looking over at him also, but not removing himself. “And why we’re at it who are you?”

But this time Chance was already standing by use.  He pulled Marcus arm always and grab my before Marcus could do anything about it and pulled me to him “Milly is the mother of my beautiful daughter Ayanna. So if you’re not asking for a death wish I suggest you keep away from her.” Chance then looked down at me and smiled. I guess he liked the idea that I was wrapped in his arms and I wasn’t pulling away for once, since my father funeral. 

I heard Marcus chuckle in the background “Man I think you have the wrong girl. That girl in your arms belongs to me and her names Lilly Rivers. Sorry about your bad luck man.”

That only made Chance stack his head, “Why doesn’t anyone get this nickname it’s really not that hard to understand.” Then he pulled me closer to him and for once I was glad I was in the safety of his arms. I was still angry about everything that was going on between us but I was also throne for the warmth I felt being press next to him. Being here was like home and it was like I belong here. “Listen closely you imbecile the girl here name is Lilly Dunn I’ve known her my whole life. When I was little I gave her the nickname Milly because she is My Lilly, so back the hell off or you will be meeting your making before your time.”

“Huh?” was all Marcus said as I heard Greg finally speak up

“Ok enough. Chance take Lilly back home, it seem she still needs a few more days to recline and figure out what going on around her. And Marcus, leave Lilly alone. She has told you time and time again she not interested.” Oh that one thing I loved about Greg he always step up right before things got too bad. We watched has Marcus let of an angry puff of air and storm off. “Now Lilly don’t come back to work till Tuesday. Enjoy your weekend with your daughter and try to get along with Chance here. He seems like he really does care about you. Plus I think you feel the same if you just stop and see what in front of you.”

This only made me laugh “Yeah ok Greg when pigs fly will I ever have feeling for this guy here. I hate his guts”

Greg only shock his head “There a thin line between love and hate my dear”

“Yeah ok Greg I think you have lost it maybe you should take a few days off yourself.” I stated.

“Nope I think I’m quite alright. But please do tell me if you hate him so much how come you’re still wrap in his embrace when Marcus is nowhere to be seen?” that when I notes that I was still in Chance arms and I hadn’t pulled away. I guess I was more relaxed than I thought. Maybe it was just his playboy way coming out tricking me into feeling something. With that image going throw my head I pulled Chance away from me breaking free from his hold. With me doing this made Greg laughing, “Ok get going Carlos can run the kitchen for a few more days. I’m sure he going to need a break from my pregnant sister anyways.”

“Ok Greg, but if you need me please call and I’ll come in right away.” I respond, about the time I felt Chance take hold of my hand pulling me out the door.

“No need, have fun you two.” Greg said has I was pulled out of the restaurant and saw a customer walking by us with a raised eyebrow. Yeah I’m sure it looks odd see the chef of the restaurant being pulled out by a unknown man before lunch rush starts. 

When we got to Chance car I pulled out of his hold “I have my car here, I think I can drive myself home.”

“No I want you to ride with me.” he implied “We need to get to know another and talk throw this like true adults would and not fight like we have been doing for the past two days.” He throw back at me opening the passage door “Now get in the car, we will come back for your later.” I wanted to yell at him for treating like kid, but I made a promise to myself I would try to get along with him so this was the first step. I took in a deep breath and set out a little prayer and got into the car. He slammed the door and ran around to get into the driver seat and drove off.

 I didn’t know what to say to him at this moment, so I looked out the window when something came to mind “Ummm, Chance?”

“Yeah” was all he replies. I didn’t turn to look at him so I wasn’t sure if he was looking at me.

“How did you know where I worked?” thinking back on that night I went into labor with Ayanna and him being there.

“I followed you there when you left.” he snapped I could tell he as annoyed about something and it didn’t take a rocket science to know what it was. “Why did you play me? I was there that night and you played me. I had the chance to be in Ayanna life from the beginning and you ripe that from me, why?”

I had to take in deep breath and count to ten in my head from yelling back at him “Because Chance we were kids who made a mistakes and I didn’t think you wanted to have a kid so it was just easier that way.”

“That wasn’t your choose to make Milly, that was mine.” I heard him slam his fist on the string wheel, making me flinch. “God how dumb I most have been not to see that it was you right in front of me. I knew the moment that guy left you up in his arms and ran out those doors I should have chase after you.”

“Chance what do you want me to say, I’m sorry” I reply, “Ok I’m sorry for not telling you. I understand what I did was wrong, but can we please just let it go. You’re here now so why don’t you make the most of it.”

“That you are right about, I’m not going anywhere Milly, I’m here to stay and if for some reason I do need to go out of town Ayanna will hear it from me or I’ll just take the both of you with me.” he implied.

He was really confusing me now. What happen to the boy who didn’t give a shit about anyone I grow up with? Where was the ego jerk that would sleep with someone and leave them without a word? The only members I have of Chance, is him picking on me growing up. But this guy here seem like he really did care and want to be a part of his daughter life, maybe deep down I was wrong about him.

I sighed and looked over at him finally to see he made an outraged look on his face. His brows had form together and his eyes had a murderous look in them has he drove to god knows where. “Ok Chance you made your point. You’re staying, but where are you going to live? You don’t have any family out here and has far has I can tell you don’t have a hotel either.”

With that said it seem to loosen him up a little and started to laugh, “What part of the message I send you in the past seven years did you not get. Hell I even told you in person that night at the restaurant and I think I did last night also.”

Ok I was baffled by what he was saying “Chance that makes no since. How does that even said answers my question on where you’re going to stay?”

I could tell the laugher was out of his voice now when he let out a deep breath of air “OK Milly I’m ok to say this one more time and maybe this time you will get it throw your thick skull.” He looked over at me and I could see that all joking and fun was out of his eyes and that he was being genuine with what he was about to say “I told you all those years that you were gone that once I found you I wasn’t letting you go. Now that I have finally found you and also with the mix of things a daughter I don’t plan on going anywhere beside home to you.”

Was he drunk? He still wasn’t answering my question. “God Chance can’t you just give me a straight answer.” I yelled. I knew I was breaking my promise by not fighting with him but sometimes he made it so hard not to.

“And what part of I’m not letting you go are you not understand.” He repeated back.

This conversation is going nowhere and was only going to end with us yell at one another again. “Fine then Chance, don’t answer the question. You can sleep in this damn car for all I care. I was just trying to be nice incase Ayanna wants to see you.”

“That won’t be a problem, if she wants to fine me I’ll be right there where she can fine me.” he answered back. That when it clicked. Him saying that he wasn’t letting me go and how he wasn’t going anywhere, this wasn’t happening.

“Chance no, you can’t move in. That my house. I paid for it and I pay the bills there. I’ve been doing quite well on my own I don’t need you there.” I declared.

“That not your chose to make anymore. Ayanna needs both her parents and if I’m not around she going to be asking more question about why I’m staying somewhere.” He remarked “Plus she already thinks I stay in the down stairs room when I’m home so I don’t see the need to change up the story you made up. “

Me and my big mouth making up lies to protect my daughter was now come back to smack me in the face. He was right Ayanna would ask question about why he was living somewhere else when she always thought that he sleep in the downstairs bedroom. This was going to be harder than I thought, “Ok Chance you can move into the downstairs room, just don’t try any funny business. I don’t bring guys around Ayanna so please I’m asking; no begging you, please don’t bring any girl home around her either.” I could look at him anymore so I turn to look back out the window to see we were in my neighborhood about to pull into my driveway.

I felt him grab ahold of my hand and kiss the top of it “You won’t have to worry about that since the only girl I want I’m looking right at her.” And he was back. The same playboy Chance I knew growing up, try to play me like some toy.

I jerked my hand out of his and got out the door before he could stop me and walked right into my house since he left it unlocked. I wasn’t in the mood to talk to him anymore because I knew if I did we just end up in some heated argument and I was trying to stay true to my promise on not fighting with him anymore. That didn’t mean I was just going to lay down and take whatever he throw at me though and I would have to stand up from myself even if that meant breaking my promise.

copyright © 2013 Letty Scott/Embrace_Passion (All Rights Revered)

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

134K 2.9K 14
𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐈𝐃 has just turned 18 and is surprised by her friends when they get fake ID's and plan a night out for her. The same night, she's...
46.5K 1.6K 46
Born when her mother, Charlotte, was just nineteen years old, Rhiannon Blake has never know what's it's like to have a normal life. For starters, Rhi...
2M 57.1K 45
~COMPLETED~ | This story is being slowly edited. "As much as you want to plan your life, it has a way of surprising you with unexpected things that w...
237K 6.4K 24
When Alana attended her first high school party she had the most life altering experience of her life. Not only did she lose her virginity, (both par...