Tempted (#Wattys2015)

Od LostxInxStereo

Bella Knowle is almost through her last year of high school. She's a straight A student, loves music, and has... Více

Tempted:00:
Tempted:01:
Tempted:02:
Tempted:03:
Tempted:04:
Tempted:05:
Tempted:06:
Tempted:07:
Tempted:08:
Tempted:09:
Tempted:10:
Tempted:11:
Tempted:12:
Tempted:13:
Tempted:14:
Tempted:15:
Tempted:17:
Tempted:18;
Tempted:19:
Tempted:20:
Tempted:21:
Tempted:22:
Tempted:23:
Tempted:24:
Tempted:25:
Tempted:26:
Tempted:27:
Tempted:28:
Tempted:29:
Tempted:30:
Tempted:31:
Tempted:32:
Tempted:33:
Tempted:34:
Tempted:35:
Tempted:36:
Tempted:37:
Tempted:38:
Tempted:39:
Tempted:40:
Tempted:41:
Tempted:42:
Tempted:43:
Tempted:44:
Tempted:45:
Tempted:46:
Tempted:47:
Tempted:48:
Tempted:49:
Tempted:50:
Tempted:51:
Tempted:52:
Tempted:53:
Tempted:54:
Tempted:55:
Tempted:56:
Tempted:57:
Tempted:58:
Tempted:59:
Tempted:60:
Tempted:61:
Tempted:62:
Tempted:63:
Tempted:64:
Tempted:65:
Tempted:66:
Tempted:67:
Tempted:68:
Tempted:69:
Tempted:70:
Tempted:71:
Tempted:72:
Tempted:73:
Tempted:74:
Tempted:75:
Tempted Sequel: Tragedy

Tempted:16:

24.5K 309 112
Od LostxInxStereo

*Justin*

I unlocked the door, wiping my eyes while I stepped inside and locked it again behind me, looking over at the couch - Bella wasn't there anymore, but the door to my room was now cracked, my feet walking quickly and pushed it open, only to find her sound asleep - what I told her to do.

I went to the bathroom, shedding my jacket before hand and turned on the faucet, running the water over my face, besides my lip I was fine, well mostly.

I was just worried about Friday - her father didn't need to see me covered in bruises.

Shedding my shirt, I looked at the damage, but it wasn't bad - at least not to me. I think I had hit him more than he had actually gotten me this time.

"Oh my god, what happened to you?!" Bella appeared in the mirror, making me jump, my breathing quick to heavy from the reaction I had had - grasping the sink so hard my knuckles were white.

"Don't ever do that again."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine." I waved my hand, opening up the medicine and got an advil - then her hands pressed into my back, her forehead on my shoulder.

"Why'd you go?" She asked me, while I just stared at myself in the mirror, faint bruises that could be covered up by a t-shirt, puffy eyes from crying on the way home, and my busted lip. "You are so much better than all of that..."

"Bella, you really don't understand."

She didn't say anything after that though, she just gave me a gentle push, and I sat down, letting her clean me up like last time in silence.

"Are you going to tell me?" She asked, lifting the rag from my face.

"You honestly don't want to know."

"Yes, I do."

"No," I violently shook my head, meeting her gaze for the first time. "Trust me."

I swallowed, afraid to look at her, because I knew I'd probably breakdown in front of her. I couldn't do that.

"Look at me." She frowned, grabbing my chin, forcing our eyes to meet, and for a moment I saw my mom- the woman I hadn't spoken to since my birthday, the one who used to tuck me in a night.

When I had a home, a family.

I lost it just like I thought I would, standing myself up and pushed away, taking off my shoes and threw them in my closet, tossing my jeans in my hamper so I was down to my boxers.

How could a perfect night possibly turn so shitty?

I crawled into bed, quickly wiping my eyes again, but I felt the weight shift beside me, Bella's arm sliding around me, the softness of her lips pressing against the side of my head.

"Please," She whispered, finding my hand under the sheets. "Whatever you do, don't shut me out now..."

Don't shut her out? Now? Was I even doing that?

I just didn't- that was the old me.

The old me died a long time ago, at the age of fifteen, on that god awful night...

On that night I died.

I found myself turning around, hugging her as tightly as I could, pressing my lips on her cheek, then rested my head on her chest, crying in front of her - my girlfriend.

I hadn't cried in front of anyone in three years.

"I love you." She whispered, combing out my hair with her fingers.

It was exactly what I needed to hear.

_______________

*Bella*

"Do I look ok?" I asked Jackie, standing in front of my phone, letting her look at my outfit through FaceTime. "It's not to much for dinner here?"

"No, not at all. Justin will love it."

"I don't look like a fire truck? Or a cupcake?"

"No, oh my goodness. You look hot, don't worry about it. Just make sure you answer the door so your dad doesn't see his reaction."

"You think he'll make me change my clothes?"

"No? You wear dresses all the time. And if he does make you change, that pink polka dot one you have is really cute."

"Yeah, it is. I'll call you after, ok? He's going to be here any minute."

"Ok, bye."

"Bye."

I heard the doorbell echo through the house, and I flew out of the room, opening the door to see Justin- looking good, really good.

"Well look at you," I teased, brushing my fingertips over the collar of his shirt. "You look very handsome."

"And you look gorgeous." He whispered, encircling his arms around my waist after he stepped inside, catching my lips in his just for a few seconds.

It was a good thing too, because we both knew my father would be right around the corner - and I could tell Justin was nervous.

"Breathe." I whispered to him, squeezing his hand as we went to the kitchen where my dad was - a hired chef because he couldn't cook to save his life.

The chef stayed with my dad usually though- paid for by the government. I cooked my own food.

"Justin's here," I told him, holding onto Justin's arm too with my free one and watched them shake hands.

"Thank you sir." Justin said, but I knew he was nervous, I could tell.

"You're welcome." Dad tried his best to smile, nodding his to the living room. "Come on, let's go sit down."

We followed, and I stole a kiss to Justin's cheek, making him chuckle to ease him up.

"What do your parents do?" Dad asked him, watching Justin as he sat down beside me.

"My dad is a welder for an electrical company. My mom works in HR at the capital."

"Oh really? What's her name by chance?"

"Pattie Mallette."

I looked down at his arm, moving the tips of my fingernails up and down his skin.

"Yeah, I know her. Wow, she's very nice. I didn't know she was your mom though."

"Yup, she is."

"What about you? Do you have a job?"

"Yes sir. I work at Grant Miller's auto-shop, down town repairing old cars and stuff."

"So that means you're not going to school right now?"

"Not right now. In the fall I think. I've been saving up my money for classes. It was something I wanted to do on my own- I mean not get that kind of money from my parents."

"What do you want to do?"

Justin shrugged, but I tightened my grip on his hand - it felt like an interrogation to him right now, I could tell.

"Maybe welding or engineering. I'm pretty good at math and science, so I'm going to try out a few classes and then decide."

"There's nothing wrong with that." My dad smiled, nodding his head at the answer.

Wait a minute, my dad smiled - he liked what he was hearing.

"What about New York Izzy?" Dad asked me this time, and I swallowed, shrugging my shoulders.

"We'll figure it out. One step at a time Dad.

I hadn't even thought anymore about it. After I called them and accepted the offer, I was just focused on graduation, prom in a few weeks...and I wanted Justin to go.

But I hadn't said anything about it.

I was afraid he'd say no right away.

"Yum, dinner." Dad stood up then, and I looked at Justin beside me, standing up after me.

"Was that ok?" He whispered, now with his hand in the small of my back.

"It was more than ok." I nodded, walking back in the kitchen. "What do you want to drink? I think there's Dr. Pepper, Sprite, and Pepsi."

"Dr. Pepper is my favorite." He told me as I got glasses down, pressing his lips into my cheek.

I just smiled, leaning back slightly before I poured our drinks and handed him his, taking his free hand to lead him into the dining room.

I knew it was only dinner, but it was really more than that.

_____________________

*Justin*

I guess it was good that I had eaten everything, answered all the questions without hesitation, and even had him laughing- like now.

I hoped that was a good thing.

I felt Bella's hand, just catching my pinky, and I curled mine around hers, smirking to myself before I looked back up at her father.

"So, what happened with you and Josh?" He asked me, and I made myself keep a straight face, not grimacing with Bella beside me.

"Nothing really, personality clash I guess."

"Understandable..."

What the hell was that supposed to mean?

"Hey! I'm home!" A voice called from the hallway, and I froze, feeling all of Bella's hand now, my jaw locked as Josh entered the room. "What the hell?!"

"Josh, stop it." Bella's father shot at him, and I narrowed my eyes, holding onto Bella's hand fully, breaking the gaze I had on him.

"Dad-"

"Go Josh."

He told him to leave? Josh wasn't allowed in here? No way...why...I mean I expected him to be all 'Have a seat.'

"Whatever."

Then it was the three of us again, and Bella's gaze met mine while I took a deep breath, thankful for him to be gone.

He was the last thing I needed to deal with tonight.

"Sorry." Bella whispered, resting her chin in her palm.

"It's fine."

There was just a little more conversation, and I was smiling, laughing even. It had gone better than I thought.

"Thank you sir." I shook his hand a final time, now in the hallway with Bella's hand around my arm.

"No problem, and I apologize for my words a few days ago."

"It's ok, you're only trying to protect her, I get that." And I did, I wouldn't want her to be in danger either.

He nodded, smiling at Bella, then looked back at me.

"Well you guys can go out whenever, as long as I know Bella is with you."

"Thank you." She smiled at him, leaning over and kissed his cheek. "I'll walk Justin out."

"Alright, bye Justin."

"Bye Mr. Knowle." I held up my hand in a wave, then let Bella pull me out, taking another deep breath as the door clicked shut.

"Are you still not going to tell me what happened the other night?" She asked, raising her eyebrow as we went down the driveway.

"You are correct." I nodded, not meeting her eyes as we walked.

"Why not?"

"I told you I'd tell you what I can, this is one of those things I can't tell you."

"Alright." She sighed, and I leaned back on my car, grasping her hips in my palms to pull her closer.

"Just trust me, ok? I'm fine, and everything else is fine. Tonight went really well, and now I get to be seen with you without us sneaking around."

"Only somtimes." She giggled, snaking her arms around my neck. "I will still be sneaking around so we can go out dancing and I can get drunk without getting caught."

"That's very true." I pulled her in the rest of the way, masking her lips with mine, holding her as closely as I could.

We broke away only a few seconds later, mainly because I didn't want her brother or dad staring at us through the window.

"I love you." I told her, cupping her cheek in my hand.

"I love you too."

"So, now that your allowed to see me in public, want to see a movie tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, I would love to. Will you let me get the popcorn again?"

"No." I said firmly, but laughed, pulling her back into my arms and hugged her, repeatedly kissing the side of her head.

"I thought I would try."

"And now that I can talk to you without the chance of your father hearing - you look sexy as hell and if you couldn't tell it was hard for me to sit still. This dress is my new favorite."

"Thank you." She giggled, pressing her lips back on mine. "It was pretty hard for me to sit still too, because you look pretty handsome too."

"Thanks."

"Mhm."

"Ok, well get back in the house before your dad comes out here and gets you. I'll pick you up tomorrow."

"Ok, love you."

"I love you too." A small chuckled emitted my lips before I kissed her a final time, hopping in my car and watched her walk back up to the house.

I was finally allowed to see her.

__________________________________

*Bella*

"Why the hell was he over here?!"

I walked back into the house, my eyes widening as I heard Josh's voice echoing through the halls.

"Because your sister is allowed to be happy and I haven't even given the guy a chance until now. He seems fine to me, and I can tell he cares about her. Why are you so against it? Didn't you see how happy she was? She's your sister."

"I've already told you! Time and time again Dad! You honestly think he cares for her?!"

"What happened between you guys?! Why is is so hard Joshua?! Huh?"

"I've told you this! More than once Dad!"

"Well you're not telling me now! He has a stable job at a restoration shop, college in the fall, he's supportive of your sister. You think I wasn't watching him closely? I was watching every move that boy made."

"He told you he works at a restoration shop? That's what he told you? HA!"

I walked in then, afraid of Josh saying more - but then again I didn't actually know if he knew anything.

He looked over at me, running his hands through his hair, then shook his head at me, walking away to the hall where I stood, stopping when he came beside me.

"I warned you, and you didn't listen. It won't be me saving your ass when you're in trouble."

"Joshua!" My dad shouted after him, but the door slammed behind him, making me jump, meeting my father's eyes afterward.

"Isabelle, don't let him bother you."

"He's my brother Dad," I said softly, crossing my arms over my chest. "Of course it bothers me."

"He'll come around, I did."

"I think it's different with him..." I trailed off, shrugging my shoulders. "I'm going to go take a shower and get my stuff ready for school tomorrow."

"Ok."

I went to my room then, shutting the door behind me and locked it - in case Josh came home anytime soon, because I didn't want to talk to him.

He made his point loud and clear.

_______________________________

11:39 PM

"Do you think your brother would go to prom with me?" I asked Jaxon, looking up from my lunch at him across the table with Jackie beside me.

"Yeah, maybe. Are you going to ask him?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, pulling at the corners of my sandwich. "I've thought about it. I just have a feeling he'll say no."

"He might not. He'd be seeing you in a dress - if he says no you can just tell him you'll dance without people and he'll be on board with it. Trust me, the image of you being around other guys without him there is enough to piss him off."

"I can see that happening." I laughed, watching Jackie shaking her head beside me.

"How are you going to ask him? It's going to be cute right?" She asked me, nudging my shoulder.

"He's not asking me, is he?" I looked back at Jaxon, raising my eyebrows hopefully.

"Not that I know of, no. I can drop a hint if you want though... to see if he'd go or not."

"You can if you want to. I have to think of a way to ask if I do...but if I don't ask and I just go I think he'll be mad at me."

"He probably would be."

"I don't know." I groaned, resting my head in my hands. "He's so complicated," I looked at Jackie beside me, a frown still along my lips. "Are you asking Mike?"

"Yeah, I don't know how yet, but I am."

"What if I got one of those fake guns or something and pretended to shoot him, but instead one of those white things came out that said prom on it?"

"Do you want him to kill you?" Jaxon laughed, and I swallowed, ducking my head down. "Bella, I'm totally kidding."

"Yeah, I bet you are."

"I am! He wouldn't hurt you, trust me."

"Do you talk to him?" I asked, not so interested in my food anymore."

"Yeah, I call him. We talk a couple of times a week. You didn't know that?"

"No," I shook my head, surprised from the answer. "But it's not a big deal. Your dad said something about going to visit him at work."

"I know, he said something to me about it. I told him Jusitn was working today - because Justin told me. I'm pretty sure he's going and taking Jazzy with him."

"Really?" I perked up, smiling at Jaxon. "That's going to make his day. I didn't think your dad was serious."

"Whatever you said to him made him think Justin's straightening himself up, he just wants to see if it's legit."

"What about your mom? Does she even ask about him?"

"All the time when I'm over." He nodded, putting his trash all in one bag. "She misses him like crazy."

"I want to meet her."

"I'd take you, but Justin would be pissed."

"I know he would be, it's ok. Maybe one day."

"You will, without a doubt."

I bit down on my lip, picking up my sandwich again.

I had a doubt.

__________________________

*Justin*

12:47 PM

"No you idiot." I laughed, holding up the house and squirted Hunter across from me with it. "She hasn't said a word about it."

"Mike's going to ask Jackie."

"Good for him?" I raised an eyebrow, ringing out the sponge in my hand and went back to washing the car.

"Oh come on! Your not going to ask Bella?"

"She wouldn't want me around her friends," I shook my head. "I'm...I'm nothing like them. Even when I went to the school I wasn't anything like the other people. It would be weird."

"And why is that? Why would it be weird?"

"Because of Troy, Mark, who knows what ex boyfriends she has there, and everybody would be in fancy clothes with their good old rich stuff and it's just - it's not my scene."

"Bieber has a scene now?" Hunter laughed, shaking his head with an eyeroll. "So you're going to let her go to a dance, where you already know she will look stunning, without you, and all those other guys around her? You think that nobody is going to ask her to dance? Meanwhile she's not going to be having fun because you're not there and we both also know she's not going to dance with any other guys because she only wants to dance with you."

"Are you honestly trying to convince me to ask my girlfriend to prom? A dance without alcohol?"

"You could get laid man!"

"Shut up Hunter." I glared, walking to the other side of the car where I was out of view, cursing silently under my breath, then saw a car pull up out of the corner of my eye. "I got it, stay here."

I walked outside, tossing the sponge back in the soapy bucket and dried off my hands.

"Can I help y-" I cut myself off, watching Jazzy as she ran over to me, finding myself bent down enough to hug her, holding her against my chest as I kissed the side of her head. "What are you doing here princess?"

"Daddy brought me." She smiled, turning herself and pointed over to where Dad stood, his hands shoved in his pockets.

"No kidding, you're seriously working on cars." He chuckled, looking into the garage.

"Yeah, well it pays good, so..." I trailed off, my eyebrows furrowed together as I continued to look at him. "Dad, what are you doing here?"

"I came to see how you were...Bella had said something to me last week...it sounded like you were doing good."

"I am." With a nod, I looked at Jazzy again, kissing the side of her head. "How's Mommy?"

"She's good! We went to the park the other day!"

"You did?" I laughed, widening my eyes. "Did you have fun?"

"Mhm!"

"Good." Once again, I kissed the side of her head, looking over at Dad. "Did you want to see the place?"

"Sure."

Nodding my head, I motioned for him to follow me, stopping where Hunter was drying the car I just finished.

"I just did this one. Some guy is coming to get it tomrrow. One day I'm hoping to work on one of my own in here, but who knows. I might not have time except for summer, and I think I might register for colleges classes, so that means the fall is out."

"Wait," He stopped me, putting his hand on my shoulder. "You want to take classes this summer?"

"I probably will." I nodded, raising my eyebrows. "Why?"

"Last time we talked about it you weren't even interested in college."

"That was a while ago," I shrugged, too afraid to meet his gaze. "I'm sure there's some cool stuff I can take, to see what I want to do."

"Wow."

"What?"

"I'm surprised."

Of course you are.

But instead of saying that, I let out a 'Yup.'

"So, you're not partying or anything?"

"Dad," I turned my head, now facing him again. "I'm literally working full time. I don't have time for that. I'm not."

"And what are you doing with the money?"

"Putting it away for school," I shrugged - that wasn't technically true, but it wasn't a lie either. "Dates with Bella, maybe some things I want to do this summer, rent and bills."

He just looked at me, a blank expression on his face, and the only sound heard between us was the fans above our heads. Even Hunter had disappeared.

"Look, I know you're not here just to pop in a see me, because if that was the case you would have done that a long time ago, you don't want me around the house, so what's going on?" I asked him, still clutching onto my sister, her head rested on my shoulder.

"Like I said, Bella was over last week, she said some really nice things about you. Things I wouldn't have expected to hear, like this job and college - how sweet you are to her and stuff. It made me think...and I want you around for Jazzy and Jaxon, I really do."

"So you came to tell me I can actually be a part of their lives?"

"I came to ask if you wanted to come over this weekend, to spend time with them, and me."

I pursed my lips, looking over at Jazzy, thinking silently to myself then back at him.

"Can Bella come too?"

"Sure, I like her, Jazzy seems to too."

"She pretty." Jazzy chirped, and I smiled down at her, tickling her side.

"She is pretty, like you." I tapped her nose, laughing as her face scrunched up, then lifted up my eyes to Dad's. "Ok, I'll ask her tonight. We're going out...so what time and stuff?"

"How about Saturday afternoon? Like two?"

"Alright, cool. I'll be over."

"Ok."

"I have to get back to work Jazzy." I told her, gently shaking her in my arms.

"No."

"Yes I do. I'll see you Saturday though, ok?"

"No."

"Jazzy, come on. Justin does have to get back to work."

"B-But-"

"Hey, Saturday is just a couple of days away, and you can call me if you want to talk, ok?" I sat her down in front of me, cupping her cheeks. "Don't be sad."

"Ok."

"I love you. I'll see you ina couple of days, ok?"

"I love you too Justy, and ok."

"Bye." I gave her another hug, kissing her cheek before she took Dad's hand. "Bye Dad."

"Bye kiddo." He held up his hand, leading her out, while I stood there with my mouth hung open.

Kiddo?

It had been months since I've heard that.

_______________________________

*Bella*

6:31 PM

"10:30 tonight." Dad said over his shoulder, his head tilted back as I got my purse up from the table.

"Ok. I'll probably be home before then though, bye."

"Bye!"

I left the house, smiling over at Justin who was walking up the driveway.

I don't even know what came over me, but I ran the rest of the way to him, throwing my arms around his neck and let him catch me, bursting out in laughter as I heard him grunt from trying to keep himself steady, lightly spinning me around from the momentum before my feet touched the ground.

"Hello to you too."

"I'm excited." I admitted, nuzzling my face into his neck. "You smell so good."

"Don't I always?"

"Yes," I nodded, planting a kiss on his neck before pulling back and took his hands. "How was your day?"

"Good, a little weird, but good."

"Weird? Why?"

"You were right, my dad came by...he asked me to come over Saturday, do you want to come?"

"Really? He asked you to come over?"

"Mhm, but I want you to come with me. I want you to be there with us too."

"I don't want to intrude Justin...you haven't been with them in forever."

"No, you wouldn't be intruding. I really want you there with me, please?"

"It's really hard to say no to you with that look on your face." I laughed, rocking on my heels. "I'll go with you."

"Yay." His lips brushed along mine, his million dollar smile making me weak, my hands tightening on his as we kissed. "Let's go. We don't want to be late."

"No we don't."

I let go of one of his hands, laughing as he swung them while we walked.

It was nice to not have to worry about watching my back to see who would see me out in public with him.

My boyfriend.

________________

*Justin*

8:27 PM

"That part was funny." I said to Bella, holding her close as we went down the sidewalk.

"I think that's the only part I remember." She admitted, momentarily resting her head on my shoulder.

"That's because we were making out the whole time."

"You enjoyed every minute of it."

"I won't lie, I did. Very much."

"I could tell."

"Shut up." I chortled, bumping my hip against hers, then stopped walking, giving her a tug back into me.

"Justin, we-"

"Shhh," I covered her mouth with my palm, hold her as tightly as I could, shaking my head. "Listen."

She relaxed then, and I heard the noises of fists being thrown, the smell of blood, and it was only happening a few feet away.

"Come on, we're turning around."

"How are we going to get home?"

"I know this place, it'll just take us a little longer."

"Did you hear that?" It wasn't either of us that said that, my body tenses, and before I was really even thinking I grabbed her hand, running with her in the opposite direction we were going.

"Justin-"

I pulled her into the next alley, breathing heavily, pushing my body up against hers in the darkness so we wouldn't be seen.

"Justin, I didn't hear anything. What's wrong? What's going on?" I heard a shake in her voice, and I could just barely make out her face, but I touched my hand to her cheek, feeling her stiff underneath me.

"Some guys, they were running after us, you didn't hear them?"

"I saw them, I looked back."

"Shit Bella."

"Don't be mad at me."

Her voice came out as a whimper, and I frowned, resting my forehead against hers.

"Baby, I'm not mad at you. Stay quiet. If they saw you, they followed."

"Justin..."

"Shhh," I shook my head, hearing the voices from a distance. "Shut your eyes, and it'll be over in a few seconds."

I did the same thing, still listening though, sticking out my lips enough to let her know I was still there.

The footsteps faded back into the direction we had come from, and I hugged Bella, kissing her cheek, then let go of her, taking a few steps forward.

"Justin-"

"Shh, stay there. Just let me make sure they're gone." I barely even peeked my head out, and the coast was clear, so I reached for her, leading her out behind me with my arm around her waist, making sure we weren't being followed the whole time. "I'm sorry."

"It's ok. It wasn't your fault."

We went up the stairs to my apartment, where I let go of her to unlock the door, letting out another deep breath.

I didn't see who it was, but I recognized the voices - one of them was Manny, the others - Christian and John.

Christian and I had never gotten along.

"Who did you see?" I asked Bella, turning around to face her.

"I don't know really, I didn't get a good look at him."

"Bella, think. Remember John? Was it him?"

"I don't know," She said softer, shaking her head. "Why is it so important?"

"Because Manny and Chrisitan were there too! Does that make sense Bella?!"

"Don't yell at me."

"I'm sorry," I sighed, running my hand through my hair in frustration. "But if either of them saw you, Manny is going to be pissed. He's going to think you know."

"Well it wasn't Manny I saw." She said softly again, and I looked up at her, guilt brewing in my stomach from the tears pooled in her eyes.

"I'm sorry." I pulled her into my arms, pressing my lips against the side of her head. "I'll figure out something."

"It's ok. Don't be sorry, I'm ok."

"We don't have to worry about it right now. I'm sure it was probably John, that's why they didn't find us, or try any farther."

"I didn't even know anyone was there."

"Bella, it's ok." I assured her, running my hands along her back. "Come on, we still have some time. What do you want to do?"

"We could go up to the roof if you wanted."

"Sure." Nodding my head, I pressed my lips to her forehead, going over to the drawer next to the stove, passing over the joint and got the key.

"Nobody followed us here, did they?"

"No. If they would have I would have known, and they'd be dead on the floor already."

"Justin!"

"I'm kidding...kind of." I mumbled, taking her hand and led her through the hall to the door at the end.

"You're so hilarious." She said sarcastically back, but I chuckled, wrapping my arms around her waist once we reached the top, nuzzling my nose into her coconut scented hair. "If you want you can come over tomorrow. My dad is leaving again in the morning, but I know you might be working..."

"Yeah, I have to for a little while tomorrow - and at Manny's...I could come over after though. It just wouldn't be until like eight."

"Oh, ok, that's fine."

"I'll be over as soon as I can, I promise. I know you don't like being alone."

"Neither do you."

"I manage." I shrugged, looking out at the sky overhead. "Have you thought anymore about New York?"

"What exactly am I thinking about?"

"I don't know..."

"I'm just scared. I figured I'd focus on graduating first...and having fun with prom and stuff."

"Yeah, that'll be fun."

"Yup."

Should I ask her? Did she want me to?

She'd look amazing, and she was my girlfriend, but everybody would be staring, wondering what I was possibly doing there, with her...why she had picked me, why she wasn't she with someone else...

"Well, I'm having my graduation party in a few weeks, you'll come, right?"

"Of course I'll come...will other people from your family be there?"

"Yeah...and if you want your family can come, like your mom and stuff."

"Ehhh, I don't know."

"Too soon?"

"Yeah, but that's ok, it's a nice thought."

"I do want to meet her."

"I know, and you will...maybe I should just see how things go with Dad and the kids- I mean Jaxon and Jazzy."

"I know who you meant." She laughed, turning herself around in my arms and snaked her arms around my neck. "You're excited right? You have to be excited."

"I am. I'm going to go to the store I think on Saturday to bring snacks or something."

"Can I make brownies?"

"It depends. Are they special brownies and are they all for me, because if that is the case, then yes."

"I'm not helping you get high, I think you do that enough."

"I was joking." I pursed my lips, looking past her back at the city buildings.

"Oh..." She bit down on her lip, but I held the gaze. "I'm sorry."

"It's whatever."

"Then look at me, please?"

I sighed, feeling her fingertips along my cheek, her face just a few inches away.

"I haven't been smoking that stuff." I defended, looking her dead in the eye. "It's been a while."

"Ok, let's just not talk about that right now, alright?"

"Ok." I nodded in agreement, leaning in to kiss her, smiling after when she rested her head against my shoulder. "Maybe you could sneak out Saturday?"

"That or I can tell him I'm going to Jackie's, he won't be at home anyway."

"Party time?"

"Yeah, sounds like fun to me."

"Drunk Bella is always fun." I whispered in her ear, watching her swallow as I brushed my lips along her jaw.

"Oh no, I think it's your turn this time. I want to see drunk Justin."

"If you're in the presence of drunk Justin, he might just take advantage of this little body."

"Shut up." She playfully shoved me, but I held her so she couldn't move, her hands rested at the top of my chest.

"I'm only shutting up if you make me."

"You know, if you just want me to kiss you, you can say so. It's really not all that complicated."

"Oh? Really?"

"Yes."

"No more kissing for Bella then."

"No! Stop! Come here, you can't do that!"

I proudly grinned, pulling her arms back around my neck, crushing our lips together, her back arched so I was forced to lean forward more, her fingers running through my hair.

Now Saturday was going to he really exciting. I had the chance to block things from my mind.

_____________

Authors note:

Comment and vote!!!!

Any predictions? :$

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.1M 38.4K 67
"I will ruin you baby," he whispers digging his nails into my hips sending a chill cascading down my spine. "Then ruin me Jude, ruin me till there's...
468K 12.7K 34
(Under Major Editing) Camila Diaz is a nerd. No need denying it. Everyone knows, Camila knows, her friends know, her school knows, hell even her mom...
1.7K 156 24
Tess Stone. A girl that dosent give a shit about what people say about her. She moves to a new school in California and she dosent know how it's goin...
115K 2.1K 37
"I hate you," I could taste my own lies. He stepped closer and whispered in my ear, "face it goodie, you can't stay away from me." He was right as...