Their Wings

By Mickyx101

Since she was a little kid Ella has been different. She spends most of her time alone, but that changes with... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Sleep
Chapter 2: Eyes
Chapter 3: Introductions
Chapter 4: Shadows
Chapter 5: Scars
Chapter 6: Sharing
Chapter 7: Almost
Chapter 8: Black
Chapter 9: Memories
Chapter 10: Legends
Chapter 11: Desicions
Chapter 12: Dreams
Chapter 13: Ahina
Chapter 14: Welcome
Chapter 15: Dressing
Chapter 16: Council
Chapter 17: Visitors Part 1
Chapter 17: Visitors Part 2
Chapter 18: Ambrosia
Chapter 19: Blade
Chapter 20: Revelations
Chapter 22: Sacrifice
Chapter 23: Initiation
Chapter 24: Roar
Chapter 25: Conflict
Chapter 26: Never
Chapter 27: Storm
Chapter 28: Loss
Chapter 29: Revelations
Chapter 30: Goodbye
Chapter 31: Cloaked
Chapter 32: Betrayal

Chapter 21: Confession

720 22 17
By Mickyx101

“I love you.” he whispered, a smile on his face.

“I love you too.” I whispered back, and his smile grew. Slowly he reached out his hand and caught mine, our fingers intertwining. It was amazing how perfectly our hands fit together as if they had been created to be the perfect pair. Luke squeezed my fingers gently, and I looked away from our hands to his face.

“You okay love?” he asked, and I smiled reassuringly.

“I’m better than okay, this is perfect.” I said and he chuckled.

We were both sitting on my bed, him leaning against one of the posts and me against the headboard opposite him. Our hands were grasped together in the centre of the bed, next to a plate of strawberries that Luke had brought. He laughed gently and tugged on my hand.

“Come here, you’re too far away.” he said with a mock pout. I giggled and moved across the bed until we were sitting next to each other. He leaned forward and plucked up a strawberry before moving to straddle my outstretched legs. I raised an eyebrow at him and he laughed. He bit half the strawberry before motioning for me to open my mouth. He fed me the other half of the strawberry while I tried to hold back laughter.

“Nice.” I said as he leaned forward, bracing himself on his arms next to my legs. His face was now inches from mine, his head cocked slightly.

“I agree.” he whispered and I laughed. He leaned forward a little and I mirrored his movement. Just as he made to complete the gap the door to the room banged open.

Luke pushed himself away from me and I straightened up. Together we turned to face the intruder. An Angelus with a sky blue aura and wings stood in the doorway, panting as if he had been running a marathon. He froze when he saw Luke and me together on the bed.

“What is it Skye?” asked Luke.

“Luke, the Council has been found.” he answered. Luke broke into a happy smile.

“Are they alright? Is my mom with them?” he asked excitedly.

Skye looked down. “Luke… they’re dead All of them.” he said quietly. I gasped and Luke froze, his eyes wide.

“W-what?” he stammered.

“They’re dead. Each of them stabbed through the heart with the…” he trailed off.

“With the what Skye?” Luke asked.

“The heria sword Luke.” Skye completed.

“Killed by the WHAT?” I asked in shock.

“Ella…” Luke said quietly. I turned to look at him but was faced with his profile. Slowly he lifted his head and turned to look at me. There were tears swimming in his golden eyes. My mouth dropped open at the sight.

“Ella, tell me it’s not true.” he whispered brokenly.

“Luke…” I started.

“No, no, no, no. This can’t be true.” Luke said, jumping off the bed away from me.

“It’s true sir. The sword was found with their bodies in the Chamber.” Skye interjected. Luke’s eyes raised to meet mine, and I recoiled from the hatred burning in them.

“You murdered them? Why?”

“I…”

“NO! How could you? No I know why, you’re Demonate aren’t you?”

“No Luke I would never…”

“Save it. I, I loved you… God how could I have been so blind. You never cared about me did you? The only reason you even gave me the time of day was to get close to the Council.”

“NO, you’ve got it wrong. Luke I…”

“I’m tired of your lies Ella. Just… I can’t do this. Take her Skye. Just get her out of here.” he said quietly, before walking out of the room. I stared after him, tears in my eyes. Skye slowly walked towards me, until he stood before the bed.

“Priestess.” Skye said, and my head snapped up to meet his gaze. He gave me a small bow and as he took hold of my arms with an iron grip, my world went black.

~O~O~

I woke up shivering, clutching at the sheets. My mind was a dull mass of horror. First my parents; and now this. Suddenly I couldn’t breathe; I was going to become Demonate. My heart started pounding as I thought over all of the dreams I had ever had. They all pointed to the same thing. I felt tears on my cheeks, my entire body shaking.

“No, no, no, no…” I mumbled to myself, but I was lost to the numb fear. “This is not happening.”

“Ella?” someone whispered quietly. My head shot up, trying to find the source of the disembodied voice.

I shook my head, too overcome to give a verbal response. Michelle nodded silently before getting up and walking out of the room. My tears were slowly stopping, though I had yet to cease shaking. One thought kept running rampant around my head, I was going to become evil.

I felt the bed dip behind me and before I could respond to the stranger warm arms encircled me and pulled me back to a firm chest. A completely unique scent invaded the air and slowly my body relaxed. Luke’s hands rubbed up my arms, warming me slowly.

“Another bad dream?” he asked. I bit my lip and nodded silently. Luke sighed and pulled me closer. Unconsciously I turned into his warmth burying my face in his chest.

“Do you want to tell me about it?” he asked and I vehemently shook my head. I felt Luke nod above me before resting his chin on top of my head. I burrowed further into his arms, trying to shy away from the dark thoughts invading my mind. Silence reigned in the room, the only sound being Luke’s quiet breaths. But I soon realised the visions weren’t going anywhere.

“Luke?” I whispered.

“Yeah?” he whispered back.

“Do you think I’ll become Demonate?” I mumbled into his chest.

“What? Speak up love.” he said quietly into my ear.

I raised my head a little until my ear was resting over his heart, “Do you think I’ll become Demonate?” I whispered.

“What? No, of course not! You could never become like them Ella.” Luke said adamantly.

“And what makes you so sure? How do you even know I’m going to get my wings?” I asked a little hysterically. The cursed tears reappeared and I angrily rubbed my eyes.

“Hey, hey listen to me.” Luke said, tilting my head up to face him. “You are sweet and you are kind and you’re beautiful. But above all of that you are good. You are good Ella. You could never become one of them.”

My eyes widened at his words and I lifted my head off his chest to look him straight in the eye. He smiled softly at the tears on my face and gently lifted a hand to wipe them away. His touch tingled on my skin.

“Do you really believe that?” I asked quietly.

Luke’s smile slowly faded until he was staring deep into my eyes, “Of course I do. Do you think I would fall in love with someone who wasn’t any of that?”

I froze and so did he. Love? Did Luke just say he loved me? Before I could respond the door opened again.

“Ella, the Council wishes to see you.” Michelle said from the doorway. I looked back at Luke, who was staring down at the bed.

“You should go Ella. They need to see you.” he said, his eyes slowly rising to meet mine. I nodded and got off the bed. I felt Luke’s eyes follow me as I left the room.

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Okay, um WOW!!! The response to this story is so amazing, thank you guys so much!!! I've passed 4 000 reads and I'm only 8 votes from 300, that is so cool and thank you all so much for reading...

To Leeroy-in-purple, anytime my darling. Though I have a habit of catching your writers block once you get over yours :) Love you girl. Guys please check out her 2 amazing books Taking Sephy and Un-Broken, they're in my library.

And lastly, there is a LOT of dialogue in this chapter but there had to be some. So what do you guys think? Is Ella going  to turn evil? Is Luke really in love with her? And what to the Council wnat with her.  Stay tuned for more!!!

The vote challenge has gone up to 8 votes a chapter so PLEASE click on that little button.

Love Micky xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 107 22
Jaylen Virago was a new mysterious student at Forks High School. As obnoxious as the students could get, Isabella Swan herself couldn't quite stop fr...
88.8K 2.3K 12
*COMPLETE* Rose is a shy girl, fresh out of an abusive relationship. Rose and her friends all have joined a self defense class and their instructor S...
16.6K 694 36
When the arena becomes real... like life and death real... As Pearl gradually descends into madness, Scott's faced with a choice between Pearl and Cl...
574K 9.8K 32
"Isaac is Infatuated by you, you can clearly see it in his eyes." Zoey Martin, Lydia Martin's sister, was pulled into the supernatural world after s...