Rooftops

By afterwords_

They fell in love when they were young, in a city that never felt like home, at a time in their lives when th... More

Excerpt
Playlist
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Author's Note

Zero

11.4K 366 21
By afterwords_

Warning: As you begin to read this story, please keep in mind that these character's are older than any of the character's I have written in the past. Therefore, there will be mention of mature content.

Just to be clear, this part is a memory. xx Cassie.

||Zero||

"How far of a fall do you think it is?" I ask as I hold my hair to my neck so it won't get in my line of vision. I peek over the edge of the building, holding my breath after I speak because there's a tiny part of me that is scared I'll fall over, yet, that doesn't keep me from standing on the ledge, thirteen stories up. "A few seconds, or something close to a minute?" I ponder.

"Careful," Justin warns as he notices how close to the edge I'm standing. "Wouldn't want you to fall, now, would we?"

I look away from the streets, cars, and people that roam down below, and glance over my shoulder, my eyes catching his almost instantly. My heart clenches and I have to inhale sharply to catch my breath. "And if I do?" I ask him, but the tone of my voice suggests I'm not talking about physically falling off the building we're standing on. I'm talking about a whole other meaning of the word 'falling'. "If I fall- will you catch me?"

The corner of his lips twist upwards into a smile, understanding the deeper meaning behind my question, and takes a few steps closer, his hands stuffed in the front pockets of his ripped black jeans. "I'll always catch you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 326 25
Y/n (you're name) she lives in y/s (you're state) somewhere where it isn't too popular she has lived there her entire life. Now what happens when she...
2K 79 38
He loved a girl who never loved him back. Piece by piece he put his heart and life back together. Two decades later she is back but things have chang...
172K 6.1K 34
First, you're 18 and in love. You're at the peak of your youth and everything you've ever dreamed of is possible. Then, you're as good as homeless...