Gotham High: A Harley Quinn S...

By questiongirl

Gotham High has a new girl on campus. Her name, Harleen Quinzel. High school is supposed to be weird but this... More

Diary Entry
Obersevations
Biology Bestie
Cheery Chit Chat
Chatroom
The Boys
Party Probs- Part 1
Party Probs- Part 2
Uh oh!
Cold Feet
Something Fishy
A Sticky Sitation
The Diva of Debates
Science Fair- Part 1
Science Fear- Part 2
The Hospitable Hospital
Girls Night In
I Started A Joke
The Pleasure of a President
Brains and Brawn
Falling in Lo-ts of Snow
Harleen's Halo
Funalicious
Costume Couples Countdown
This is Harl-loween
Whodunit?
Crane's Clues
Chaos and Confusion
Impactful Punchline
Disney, Diaries and Delusions
Her Search For Love
His Story
Ace Chemicals
Her Smile
Riddle me a Date
Glasses and 'Jack' asses
Gotham Knights V.S Smallville Crows
Pre-Homecoming Jitters
Homecoming Lookbook
Homecoming

Consequences of a Joke

1.4K 55 23
By questiongirl

Last week was absolutely amazing! My first sleepover and I couldn't ask for anything better. Jack showed up, like my knight in shinning armor to save me from boredom and asked me to be HIS GIRLFRIEND!!'
Eeeeek! My mind was still lost in thought while sitting in math class. The Prince of mystery and fun himself, Jack Napier had asked ME to be HIS girlfriend! I wish those kids in Metropolis, Brooklyn, everywhere could see me now. I couldn't stop smiling as I entered the hallway. Although I haven't seen Jack since that night my mind still replayed our kiss over and over again. My first kiss and it was with him. Can life get better? "Hi Eddie!" I smile, waving him over.

"In a cheerful mood again Harleen?" Eddie said plainly, he has really been acting weird since the hospital, almost like he has this detached attitude. His eyes never looked straight at me, always being focused on his book. Yesterday I remember writing in my journal,
Figure out what's wrong with Eddie?
•Long pauses of silence
•Awkwardness. (Well more then his normal amount)
•Weird looks during the first few days of class.

"Yep, well it's so sunny, and warm out how can a girl not be happy?"

He gave me a look as if I was crazy, "34° Farenheight is not warm. The number is two degrees above freezing point in our system. Unless your Victor, I doubt anyone would considered warm."

Rude and more critical then before.

"Well, at least it's sunny!" I smile before my expression wavers a bit. The smile on my face fell, as I moved to see behind Ed, hoping to see if Jonathan was near bye. Sadly, I had no luck in finding him. Ed was alone again. "Oh...." I sigh in disappointment, I missed seeing Jonathan at school. "Is Johnny not here again?" Eddie nods, I take a deep breath. I wanted to talk to him but lately he hasn't responded to any of my messages.
Jonathan has not been back since the whole science fair accident. I am worried to what the whole chaotic situation could have done to him. Normally, Jonathan was a quiet and to himself person when he was in school. Besides Eddie and I he didn't talk to many others. After the police, and my hospitalization he was out "sick" from school. The police cleared him Wednesday so he was supposed to be back by now. My belief is his sickness is an excuse. For what? I have no clue. I pause, concern for Jonathan. "Is he doing okay?"

Eddie didn't answer me. He gave a small shrug. Again, I was getting this vibe that Eddie did not care to speak with me. Let's face it Ed took pride in 'knowing everything' , I am sure he is aware of what's going on with his best friend at this point. Otherwise Eddikipedia, as Jack, my very best boyfriend, called him, was just pretending to be smart. I knew for sure that was not the case.

"It's been a week, maybe I should visit-"

"No, give him space." Eddie piped in quickly, as if he was defending Jonathan. He did not need to defend Jonathan around me, we were friends.

"Okay..." I felt like I was letting him friend down. Soon enough I saw in the corner of my eye a boy trying to pass us, he looked exactly like Johnny but with a brown sweatshirt hood up and his headphones cranked loudly to block everyone out. Why would Johnny be trying to avoid us? I pout, before deciding to just go up and talk to him. Eddie tried to stop me, but I pulled away my arm. Something was up with these two, I just know it.

Then it hit me. Could this have to do with that stupid text Pamela sent? Maybe. I don't know what the message said, but felt a little foolish to ask him about it.

Why?
1.) People shouldn't let other people take their phones. So embarssing!
2.) I don't know what Red said in the first place.

I skip up along side Johnny, "Hey Johnny." He ignores me, I tap his shoulder. "Jonathannn" He still ignored me only to walk faster. Therefore I got right in the middle of his path. "Johnny!" I smile, waving. He gives a small nod before trying to get around me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing...I'm just in a hurry..." He said under his breath. His expression held no emotion, except I caught one thing. A small look in his light blue eyes, which made me feel bad.

"To class?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

"Now if you don't mind stepping out of my way."

His voice sounded so cold towards me. I didn't want to lose a friend. Before he could leave, I grabbed his hand. "Johnny, wait...I'm sorry..I don't know what I did but please don't be mad..."

"You don't know..." He looked at me in disbelief. The feeling in the pit of my stomach started to grow, maybe I should have just left him alone. I lowered my head down,

"Yes-No-Maybe? Is this about the science fair project still or-" I paused. "or the message Pamela sent you from my phone?"

His eyes widen, face slowly pinking. "What message?" He sounded like he choked on his gum.

"I don't know..." I lowered my head, "She didn't let me read it. We were playing Truth and Dare Friday night and she took my phone and deleted a message she sent to you, for my dare..."

"You didn't send that?"

"No, what did it say?"

He looked completely embarrassed, Did I make things worse? Jonathan fixed his glasses and then tried to move past me again. ".....Nothing of importance...."

"Johnny...please tell me...I don't like feeling like your mad at me."

"I'm not mad."

"Then tell me."

"No. I was stupid to believe it came from you...so stupid..." He shook his head.

"Your not stupid Johnny." I quickly reach out for him, "I should have texted you right after that message was sent and explained, I'm sorry." Trying to make him feel better, I hug him. "Please forgive me Jonathan, I never meant to make you mad at me."

His blue eyes looked down at me and softened. Jonathan's voice quietly spoke in my ear, sounding like he sighed. "I can never be mad at you Harleen."

The bell rang, making us both jump. "Oh! Class!" I let go of Jonathan to grab my book bag. "See you in writing!" With that I ran all the way to my next class, Biology.

The Biology room had improved greatly since the first day of class. In case anyone reading my journal was wondering. Plants, flowers and bushes were appearing as gifts from our teacher to the school so it appeared more accurate to the lessons. Whatever that mean. Mr.Woodrue insisted that it was the right thing to do as a teacher. From what I heard, Mr. Woodrue had Pamela convince Doctor Strange to give our class funds to use for the up keeping of the plants. Of course, she didn't protest the request at all. I have to say for a biology and chemistry teacher something always seems a little off when it comes to our teacher, Mr.Woodrue. Undoubtly, the whole staff at Gotham High is what some call unique and different but Mr. Woodrue always gives me the hebie jeebies. In my journal I have began to list a few insistences that prove him to different to the teaching professor.

Mr. Jason Woodrue
•All the chemicals are unlabeled or have the labels crossed out in the back two cabinets of the laboratory.
•His ramblings, and freak outs when anyone comes near the "fake door" in our classroom.
•"The Fake Door" a door, which is rumored to have been sealed with cement because an accident that occurred when the first class of Gotham High had Science.
Source: Edward Nashton
•Worst thing is his eyes, his eyes behind those silver framed glasses look like he hasn't slept for days or is on drugs or something.
•Gets Mad at Johnny and Eddie because they stay after class and touch his supplies. Although he does say students are allowed to stay after class, however, only some of the football players like Bane or girls like Pamela are allowed to stay after it seems like.

Trust me, the list most certainly goes on. The weirdest one involves Pamela, Bane, and a few others on the class trip to Egypt last year. I do not remember all the details, but the rumor has it that none of them came back the same.

Speaking of, I sat down beside Pamela. I started tap my pencil, gaining her attention.

"What." Pamela spoke taking the pencil from my hand. She started to use it to write something down on her paper.

"Last week...What did you send to Johnny?"

"Sorry Harley, we aren't playing truth or dare." Pamela had no focus in the conversation of ours. She wasn't even paying attention to my pleading with her to tell me. Her eyes were locked on Harvey as he walked through the classroom door. He sat down a row ahead of us, making eye contact with Pamela the whole time. They both held the same look in their eyes, guilt. It's funny how Biology was the one class Rachel didn't have with him, and it was where he would sit the closest to Pamela.
In that moment I recalled what my dare had been to Red the night of the sleepover. My face flushed in embarrassment. I was a hypercrit! All along I was mad with Pamela when I created the same awkward situation between her and Harvey, well made an awkward situation worse. Actually the more I think about it, my dare was so much more awful then her's. I might have messed with Harvey's feelings, and a romance with him and Rachel by having Pamela text Harvey false text to make it seem like she loved him. It's not like me and Johnny had feelings towards one another, so I began to feel guilty for what I have done. What kind of terrible human being am I?

Buzz Buzz Buzz

Pamela's phone went off, but she didn't dare look at it.

Buzz Buzz Buzz.

She casually slid the phone back into her purse without opening it. Wasn't she curious to who that was from?

"Students of Gotham High, may I have your attention." The voice from the P.A called out, everyone knowing it was Principle Strange speaking. "Now that everything has been reestablished to order, I have a special announcement to make..." His voice trailed off. "The results for the President of Gotham High is in. Your new President is-"

In that moment, none of us were prepare for what was coming next. Harvey and Pamela, in one room. Neither would take the news of defeat well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Okay, Considering the election has come to a close it needs to have results. So I thought it would be fun for you all to vote below to see who wins. Comment Dent or Isley. The name with the most comments, wins the title of Gotham High's President in the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

762K 20.6K 76
မင်းဟာ လူသားတွေကိုကယ်တင်နေတဲ့ဆရာဝန်မလေးပေမယ့်ကိုယ့်အတွက်တော့ အချစ်တွေကုသပေးမယ့် အချစ်ဒေါက်တာမလေးပါ..... #စဝ်ခ...
1.7M 63.4K 43
" Wtf is wrong with you, can't you sleep peacefully " " I-Its pain..ning d-down there, I can't...s-sleep " " JUST SLEEP QUIETLY & LET ME ALSO SLEEP...
382K 33.5K 94
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
7.3M 305K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...