The Bad Boy's Rules (Sample)

Od EliahGreenwood

Fiction Awards 2018 Winner in Best Teen Fiction Story, Best Humour Story & Best Wattpad book turned published... Více

The Bad Boy's Rules
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Everything Could Go Wrong.
Chapter 2 - The Deal
Chapter 3 - Run Away
Chapter 4 - The Enemy
Chapter 5 - The Point Of No Return
Chapter 6 - The Date
Chapter 7 - Not So Heartless After All
Chapter 8 - Liar, Liar
Chapter 9 - Roof Top And Confessions
Chapter 10 - Strangers With Memories
Chapter 11 - The New Girlfriend
Chapter 12 - Maybe I Missed You
Chapter 14 - Don't Let Me Go
Chapter 15 - Bad Boy's Secret
Chapter 16 - The Fight
IT'S HERE! MY BOOK IS PUBLISHED.
GIVEAWAY AND A FREE BOOK ON WATTPAD?
Get this book for free!

Chapter 13 - I Like You

524K 19.6K 13.2K
Od EliahGreenwood

''Where are you taking me?"

I asked for the third time as Haze drove, his blue eyes glued to the road. He just wouldn't listen. Or is it that he didn't want to answer? After I got Haze to tell my family he had to miss dinner, the whole Nicole-Kendrick act started. Nicole and Kendrick were great and Mariah seemed to buy it. That made it easy for me to flee into my room shortly after we cleaned up the table. I even got to avoid Kendrick's hate speech. I hoped Haze would forget about the deal and get busy but around midnight, my crappy phone rang. And here we were, both sitting in his rich kid car.

'' Hello? '' I shook my hand, trying to capture his attention.

'' It's me. '' He sang, amused.

'' Shut up. '' I rolled my eyes.

'' And dance with me. '' He added, laughing.

'' Would you stop answering in song lyrics, please ? '' I said, annoyed but secretly amused as well.

'' I will when you stop being too curious, love. '' He smiled, still not bothering to look at me.

''We've been driving for 1 hour... Can you blame me for being curious?" I pouted, resting my chin on my left hand as I looked out the window.

''We're going somewhere real nice, I promise." He smirked.

''Last time you said that, we ended up on a dusty rooftop." I giggled, mocking him.

''Oh come on, the view was nice, you know it." He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

Was he doing sexy things on purpose or was he just naturally attractive?

Yep. Same old question.

''Why was it so important for you that I came with you on this one particular night?" I asked, insisting.

''Oh my god, do you ever stop asking questions, Kingston?" He chuckled, rolling his eyes once more.

''Do you ever stop avoiding them, Adams?"

''Nope."

'' Jerk. ''

'' Prude. ''

A moment of silence followed. I couldn't help but smile at our weird complicity. I looked at him from the corner of my eye and saw that he was smiling as well... I liked the way we understood each other. We knew that we weren't really being mean to one another.

Oh my god, what was I thinking? I shook my head from left to right trying to shake that thought.

Why the hell did I agree to follow him?

Just like he was reading my mind, he put an end to the silence.

''We're here."

I tried to see but it was very dark. Too dark for my eyes to see anything.

Haze parked the car and stopped the engine. The night lights were turned off and what appeared took my breath away.

''Wow."

Wherever we were, the sky was amazing. You know how they say the lights in the city keep people from seeing the stars? Well, this was an enormous empty beach with absolutely no source of lights anywhere near it. The view was incredible.

''I know right." He smiled.

''How'd you find out about this place ? Oh my jesus, Haze." I said, mesmerized.

''It was an accident, believe it or not." We both got out of the car.

''And you decided to bring me here tonight because?" I asked, confused.

'' Well, because tonight is the blue comet, love. It only happens once in 200 years. ''

* totally fictional comet guys by the way *

My eyes widened as I looked at him. Was Haze being serious? Did he really give up on pissing Kendrick off for a cute comet date on the beach?

''Oh... And why did you choose me exactly?" I insisted.

''Because I didn't have anyone else, duh." He joked.

Well I think it was a joke?

''Gee, thanks." I chuckled.

"Oh come on, you know I'm kidding" He smirked like the cocky guy he is.

"At what time is this comet?" I glanced at the sky full of a stars.

"We got huh-" He looked at his phone. "At least 2 hours to kill."

"Nice," I made a face. Deep down, I knew he did it on purpose. He knew he'd have time alone with me. I wanted to be mad at him for disappearing out of nowhere for the past weeks but somehow, I was just happy that he was back. Or was he ?

Without answering, he went to open the trunk of his car. I followed him, curious.  He grabbed a bunch of covers, leaving me speechless.

"Really? You got covers? Let me guess,  you got us a cute picnic as well?" I mocked him.

"Oh shut up, you'd rather sit on the sand, princess?" He rolled his eyes.

"Point for you." I gave in. He grinned and we started walking on the beach until we found the perfect spot to put the covers and lay down. A moment of silence followed. It seemed to last forever. Haze was laying on his back staring at the stars. And then I just had to say it...

"Where were you?"

At first, it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulder but then, I felt bad. Like everytime I ask him a question and I feel his '' it's none of your buisiness '' look on me.

" When everything was falling apart.. " He sang you found me by the fray, finishing my sentence.

Still avoiding my question, I see.

"Come on, it's getting old," I sighed, sitting.

"What do you mean, love?" He played dumb.

"Last week. Where were you?" I said, my voice shaking a little bit. No comment on the shaking voice part, I feel stupid enough already.

"Around." He said briefly.

"Be honest, Haze."

"What else do you want me to say, Winter? It's not like I owe you or anything. I'm not your boyfriend."

His words hit me hard. He was more than right. What the hell was I doing?

"Right." I felt stupid. I think he kind of felt guilty because he sat as well and mumbled incomprehensible things trying to apologize.

"No, it's okay. You're right. You're not my boyfriend. But I thought you were my friend.. My mistake." I nodded, getting up.

"Winter... Wait." He stopped me.

He remained quiet for what seemed to be the longest wait ever.

"I've been out of town," He whispered, avoiding my eyes.

"What for?"

''I can't tell you anything else, love. You already know too much."

''Sure... Why didn't I see this one coming?" I sighed, annoyed.

Just put yourself in my shoes for a second. Can you imagine asking questions without ever getting answers ?

''I'm hungry." He said, causing me to laugh.

''Seriously? Way to ruin a dramatic moment." I tried to stay mad but couldn't.

''What? You're the one who mentionned a picnic." He smirked, hitting me gently in the arm with his elbow.

''You should've thought about that before driving 30 miles out of town," I smiled, amused.

''How have you been?" He suddenly said, dead serious.

"I've.. I've been good."I babbled,
surprised by his question. ''Why?"

He looked at me, biting his lower lip gently before saying...

''Because I've been away doesn't mean you haven't been on my mind."

My heart skipped a beat.

'' Could you just.. stop being so cute ? '' I let out.

He stayed surprised and then a cocky smile appeared on his lips.

I realized what I had just said. Oh my..

I babbled some words who made no sense.

''Did you just say I was cute?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

''No... I haven't. Absolutely not. I did not.." I felt so stupid.

How could I be such a failure?

For a mysterious reason, he seemed to understand how embarassed I was and he changed the topic.

I swear in that moment I wanted to look up and thank god.

- - - -

''I didn't know you to be such a romantic, Haze. Beach date and all." I giggled.

"There's a lot you don't know about me, love." He smiled.

''Oh trust me, I'm aware of that." I chuckled.

It had been exactly two hours since we had arrived to the beach. Haze and I had been saying stupid things for an hour and a half. I couldn't believe how easy it was to talk to this guy. It felt like I had known him forever.

We had been laughing and talking about random things and we didn't see the time pass.

Pretty crazy how nice this guy can be when he's not playing the street gang leader.

''This one looks like a purse."

''What? How is that a purse?" He cracked up, mocking me.

''I've never been good at constellations, okay?" I laughed, shaking my head from left to right.

''Wait, It's almost time." He said, glancing at the time on his phone. We stayed silent and opened our eyes widely. A few seconds passed and then it happened. The most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I was mesmerized. Literally.

Next thing I know, I felt a warm hand on mine...

Haze's hand.

I stopped breathing.

A million thoughts crossed my mind. I knew I had to remove my hand. I had to do something. Show a reaction, any reaction. But I couldn't.

I immediately turned my head and our eyes met.

He was staring at me. He was totally missing the comet.

''You know when you asked me to stop being cute?" He smirked.

''Yeah." I whispered..

He leant in and my heart stopped beating.

''You first."

He was staring at my lips. I had to do something, move away. He slowly leant in and soon enough, his lips were two centimeters away from mine. He was so close, I felt his breath on my skin. Before I could move away, his arms had circled my waist and he had pulled me closer. He then proceeded to place his hand on my cheek and gently rub it with his thumb.

Then, the inevitable happened. His lips collided with mine as I stopped breathing. He was kissing me softly, lightly brushing off my lips with his. His soft lips drove me crazy. Before I knew it, I found myself kissing him back. He smiled against my lips the second I gave into the kiss. It was like we both refused to let go because if we did, we would be brought back to reality. Brought back to this world where we knew we couldn't be together.

Then, reality caught up to us.

His phone rang. Haze cursed under his breath and pulled away. He gave me a sorry look and picked up the phone. I just sat there, staring at the sea with empty eyes.

I just kissed my cousin's enemy.

The ultimate manwhore, according to the boys.

Technically, he kissed me.

But I wanted to kiss him.

It was obvious now I had been lying to myself.

There is no going back.

I like Haze Adams.

-----------
Lol, well congrats genius, you finally admitted it to yourself. Haha.

Hey there guys! I have spent so much time trying to get this damn chapter published. First time, it got deleted and I had to rewrite the whole thing. I am so sorry about that. But from now, I am here to stay. I've got a couple of chapters already written ;)

STAY UPDATED ON THE BAD BOY'S RULES ANNOUNCEMENTS!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

3.2M 79.3K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
200K 12.2K 37
[totally unedited and my first time at writing so I hope you guys bear with the flaws and read if you are going to] "I don't know why, but I tend to...
9.9M 280K 54
"I don't know who you think you are coming here, and acting like you don't care about anything. Now listen here Princess, because I'm not going to re...
1.1M 25K 61
"Then fuck me like you hate me," he rasps. His voice deepening and becoming more husky and alpha like. "What's wrong love?" He uses a hand to lift my...