Return Of The Shadow

Від MonsterCupcake61176

Sauron has returned to Middle Earth. His power is complete with the one ring. As his power spreads over Middl... Більше

Prologue
Chapter 1: A New Threat
Chapter 2: I Should Be Dead
Chapter 3: A Living Nightmare
Chapter 4: What Will You Do?
Chapter 5: The Bargain
Chapter 6: A Small Light
Chapter 7: Finding a Weakness
Chapter 8: Mellon Nin
Chapter 9: Evil at Work
Chapter 10: Choose
Chapter 11: Farewell
Chapter 12: You Deserve Death
Chapter 13: The Prisoner
Chapter 14: Amarth
Chapter 15: Scarred
Chapter 16: Freedom
Chapter 18: Death
Chapter 19: You Don't Belong in This World
Chapter 20: Found
Chapter 21: Ghosts
Chapter 22: Back From the Dead
Chapter 23: So Much Loss
Chapter 24: Fading
Chapter 25: The Boy
Chapter 26: I Do Understand
Chapter 27: Letting Go
Chapter 28: All That's Left
Chapter 29: The Fight
Chapter 30: Reunion
Chapter 31: Come Back
Chapter 32: It's Time to Move
Chapter 33: Preparing For Battle
Chapter 34: Last Goodbyes
Chapter 35: The Battle Begins
Chapter 36: Darkest Hour
Chapter 37: It Is Over
Chapter 38: Not the End
Epilogue

Chapter 17: Journey Through Mordor

861 71 90
Від MonsterCupcake61176

The four moved quietly and slowly across the black plains of Mordor. They had been going without a rest for almost two days, Legolas wouldn't allow them to stop for anything.

They would have been fine if it hadn't been for Faramir, he was in no condition to travel and was barely conscious. Boromir supported him as much as he could but he was exhausted as well.

Legolas had watched him struggle to help his brother but hadn't done anything to help, which was making Eowyn mad.

Faramir suddenly collapsed onto the groundtaking Boromir with him. Eowyn ran over to them and looked up at Legolas who watched in silence.

"Legolas, please help." She pleaded as she gripped Faramir's hand.

The elf turned to face her, the scar on his face made her cringe.

He looked down at Faramir and then at Boromir, his face remained stern and cold. He walked over and helped Faramir to his feet. He put the man's arm around his shoulder and began walking.

Boromir stood up and followed, he looked like he wanted to thank him but one glare from Legolas made him keep his mouth shut.

Eowyn followed in silence. She hadn't known Legolas long, or very well for that matter, had he always been like this? Cold and unforgiving? But he had always been loyal to his friends, he ha been willing to give his life for Aragorn.

Aragorn.

Would she ever see him again? Would she ever feel his arms around her again? Or his strong, gentle voice telling her that he loved her?

Would she see her brother again? She had already lost her parents and her uncle and cousin. Would she lose her brother and Aragorn too?

She looked up at Boromir, the man was about to fall over, she was too. She called out to Legolas.

"We need to rest."

Legolas paused and turned back to her.

"We have to put as much distance between us and Sauron as we can before he sends out his orcs, we cannot stop now."

"If we do not rest they will be able to catch us no matter how far we get." Eowyn argued.

They stared each other down until finally, Legolas conceded. He found a spot to lay Faramir down and took a seat himself, far away from Boromir. Eowyn sat next to Legolas who stared straight ahead and said nothing.

It seemed like all emotion had left him, he was just a shell now. He had no purpose except to get out of Mordor.

Eowyn pulled out the small skin of water they had been given. They had only been given two water skins filled with bitter water. She took a small sip then held it out to Legolas.

Without looking at her or the water he said, "I do not need it."

"Yes you do. Drink some."

He made no reply and continued to stare ahead. Sighing, Eowyn took another sip and then set the skin down next to her.

Boromir was trying to get some water into Faramir's mouth. His face revealed how frightened he was for his brother's life.

"Where are we headed to?" Eowyn asked Legolas.

"We go south from here. We will arrive near the desert of Harad and make our way north from there."

"And after that?"

"I do not know."

She looked at him. He didn't know?

"I thought you might have an idea." Legolas said turning to her suddenly

She widened her eyes, realizing what he wanted her to do, lead them to where Aragorn was.

"Legolas, what if they follow us? What if the find where they're hiding?

"Where else should we go then?!"
Legolas shouted, startling Eowyn.
"There is nowhere we can go that is safe from Sauron! We cannot go to anyone for help! Everyone I ever cared about is gone! My father, my people, all of them are gone!"

Eowyn looked at him in sorrow, he had truly lost everyone. Aragorn and his friends were the only ones he had left, and she couldn't bring him to them.

Legolas stood up and announced that they were leaving. He helped Boromir with Faramir and led them on through Mordor.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Two more days had past. If Sauron had been serious about releasing his orcs he would have done it that day.

Fear was settling on everyone. They moved quicker and more cautious than before. Legolas kept a watch for any orcs that could be nearby but they met no one.

Boromir struggled with Faramir. His brother was hanging onto life by a thread. He couldn't lose his brother, he was all he had left.

They were falling behind. Legolas didn't stop but thankfully Eowyn noticed and got his attention.

They waited for them to catch up. Boromir couldn't look at Legolas, he knew that the elf blamed him for everything that had happened. He wished that Legolas had just killed him in that cell. No, he wished that he had killed him at Amon Hem, when he had been the only thing standing between him and escape. Why couldn't he have just shot him? That way none of this would have happened.

He wouldn't have led countless men to their deaths, he wouldn't have killed his father or Pippin. He looked up at Legolas and saw the scar, he was responsible for his suffering.

If he had let them destroy the ring then Sauron would have been gone forever. He would have never been able to hurt Legolas again.

He had seen what the Dark lord had done to him, what he had turned him into. The quest that the Fellowship had set out to do had been his only chance to be rid of Sauron for good.

But it was too late now, there was nothing they could do to defeat Sauron, it was hopeless.

Suddenly Faramir collapsed. Boromir was immediately beside him. His eyes were closed and he was barely breathing, he was dying.

No... Not Faramir. Not my little brother.

Eowyn knelt down beside him. She looked at him with tears in her eyes. Boromir gazed at his brother helplessly, there was nothing they could do.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and to his surprise it was Legolas. He said nothing as he moved him aside, kneeling beside Faramir he placed one hand on his head and the other over his heart.

He closed his eyes and began to murmur something in elvish. Boromir glanced at Eowyn who was looking at Legolas with her eyes wide.

Legolas' body shook. His eyes shot open and he gasped as he jumped away from Faramir.

Boromir immediately turned to his brother while Eowyn raced over to Legolas who was lying on the ground.

"Faramir?"

His eyes opened slowly. He looked up at his brother in confusion.

"Boromir? Where are we? What-"
"Save your strength."

Boromir helped him sit up and looked at him in shock.

Most of his minor wounds had healed, his eyes were brighter and he looked much better than before.

Boromir glanced at Legolas who was slowly getting back to his feet.

"What did you do?" he asked.

Legolas turned around and faced them. Boromir noticed something different about his eyes. They were duller than they used to be, kind of a greyish blue, it looked like the color was fading.

"I gave him some of my light." he said calmly.

"What do you mean?" Eowyn asked.
"All elves have the light of the eldar in them. Some of us can give it to others to give them strength."
"Does it hurt you?"

Legolas hesitated before answering. "Yes."

"Why did you do that for me?" Faramir asked.
"Because you will need your strength. We must move as soon as possible, and we cannot stop."

"Why?" Eowyn asked.

"Because we are being followed."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Comment and let me know what you think!

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

2.7K 124 28
Hela's journey's continue with the One Ring being found, joining up with the Fellowship, and trying to mend the bond that which she broke. But with...
2.2K 192 29
"Without love, immortality is a punishment. With it, a life drowning in pain." "Well then what are we if we do not suffer for that immortal love?" Ar...
714 32 16
After years of denial, a savior finally realizes the depth of her feelings. Will her fear drag her down-- or her beloved? ---- Side-story to...
25.4K 525 23
If he knew what awaited for him in the Middle Earth, he would have returned sooner. Halbrand is a man with a dark past, but where will his choices le...