My Name is NOT Cupcake

By CaylahWest

Nova Moore always does the right thing. She's always made the grade and she's finally reaping the benefits. U... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Epilogue
She's the Alpha

Chapter Twenty-Five

9K 318 19
By CaylahWest

I don't know what I expected from my girls' day with Elias' mother but it was exactly what I needed. We got massages and went shopping at the mall before we just took a walk through the forest. Alexa showed me where the Sentinel trained and where the pack meetings were held. The training field was like four football fields put together with a dirt track surrounding it. The meeting place was called the Underwood. It was similar to a high school auditorium with a stage and everything, only bigger. I guess if it had to fit the entire town, it had to be big. Lastly, she showed me a clearing with a small waterfall and a pond. The water seemed to be coming from nowhere. Flowers were blooming everywhere in pure white, covering the clearing floor. It was a beautiful sight. I felt calm and at peace.

"What is this place?" I asked in wonderment. Alexa led me to the edge of the pond.

"It's called the Luna's circle. Only Lunas are allowed here. The circle is enchanted. I had a friend of mine set it up. She's a witch of old magic who works for our pack a lot. You'll meet her soon," she said. "Anyway, the flowers bloom year round and put off a feeling of peace and calm. The water is like a recharge. It gives you energy and drive when you come in contact with it. Being Luna is hard and tiring and sometimes you need a little extra charge," she explained. I knelt by the water and ran my hand in it. I felt energy run up my arm and through my body. I wanted to fall in.

"This is amazing. It's just what I needed. Thank you for showing me this, Alexa. I feel ten times better already," I said as I tossed my sandals aside and lay back in the flowers. I stuck my feet in the water and felt the energy creep up my legs. I took a deep breath as I closed my eyes and relaxed. I felt Alexa's hand on my stomach. It was silent for a moment as she just rubbed my small baby bump. If I weren't pregnant, this situation would be weird.

Alexa talked to me about being Luna and everything to expect. She told me about the Luna ceremony and told me stories about when she was Luna. It was nice to finally know what to expect.

"If you ever need help with the baby, just call me, or have Eli mind-link me, okay? I got my second try right anyway," Alexa joked. I opened my eyes as I interlocked my fingers at the start of my small bump.

"You got both tries right. Elias is a good man; I know he is. He just... he gets overwhelmed easily and doesn't know how to handle it. But I know he has a good heart," I defended him, looking at her. She squeezed my hand in hers and smiled gently at me.

"I'm glad that at least you see it," she smiled. "Speaking of, I should get you back before he gets too anxious and comes out looking for you," she chuckled. She stood before she helped me up as well. I slipped my sandals back on before we walked back to the car and then drove home. Elias was pacing on the front porch. He pulled me into him the moment he saw me.

"Nova, I'm so glad you're home. I was getting so worried, " he said, nestling his head in the crook of my neck. I giggled as his light stubble tickled my neck.

"I've been in town with your mother all day. You had nothing to worry about," I said as he finally let go of me.

"Trouble seems to follow you, cupcake," he said as he kissed the top of my head. I hit his chest lightly before I walked into the house. Elias followed Alexa and me through the house to the kitchen.

"If you're name is trouble, then yes," I said as I picked up the bell and jingled it. It was a second before Kendra came from around the corner. She was wearing a different variation of her nun outfit. She had her hands clasped in front of her as she approached us cautiously.

"Could you get each of us a glass of water?" I asked sweetly, trying to mimic Alexa's poise. I didn't miss the look of hatred before she turned to get three glasses. Alexa touched my shoulder gently as Kendra set the glasses of water down in front of us.

"I had a great day with you, Nova. We'll have to do it again," she smiled at me before she hugged me. I found myself smiling, too.

"Thank you... for everything," I replied. She shot me a wink before she drank some of her water and stood.

"I'm going to go see where Matt ran off to," she said. Elias gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I think he went to the training field. Love you, Mom," he said before she left. I drank my water quietly as I contemplated my day with Alexa. I found myself thinking about what she said about being Luna and it made me think.

"Why haven't I met the pack yet?" I asked. Elias nearly choked on the water. He set the cup down as I pat his back. When he calmed down, he looked at me incredulously.

"You want to?" he asked shocked. I only shrugged.

"Your mother was telling me about the Luna ceremony. Why haven't we had one yet?" I asked.

"I didn't think you wanted it just yet. I was going to give you time to... accept it," he answered.

"I have," I replied. Elias looked at me shocked and Kendra stared at me.

"You can't be serious?" she blurted. I looked at her with a polite but hostile smile.

"You can go now," I said. She hesitated and stole a glance at Elias before she left. Elias was still blinking in shock.

"You have?" Elias asked. I nodded.

"I mean, it's not like it's really a choice, right? I'm the only option and Luna is too important of a title to leave it empty. When Mathias decides to pass Alpha back to you, you'll need a Luna... and a mate. Who knows, I might even like it. Plus, I have your mother for help where I need it or don't understand. I'm your mate and we're having a baby. I think it's time I accept that I have to be Luna too," I explained. Elias was still for a moment before I was pulled into a breathless kiss.

I melted into him as my arms went around his neck and pulled me impossibly closer. It was only the third real passionate kiss we had, and that was including the kiss we had when I went into heat. It was what my body yearned for. But he had been careful since the beginning. Always careful, especially so since I left, but then again, it was my fault. He was walking on eggshells because I put him there. I was a flight risk and he was trying not to spook me. I didn't want him to walk on eggshells anymore. I was his and he was mine; whether he realized it yet or not.

His hands were on my hips then my lower back. I was drinking him in and he was doing the same. Pulling away, I found myself breathless and at a loss for words.

"I'll set it up," Elias said breathlessly with a smile. He pecked me again before he released me all together. All of the sudden, I was craving his touch. I reached out and held his hand in mine. He smiled wider before leading me to the home office. He sat at his desk before setting me on his lap. He feathered a kiss on my neck before Taylor, Peyton, and Minnie entered the office. They sat at the couch and looked at us expectantly. "We have a Luna ceremony to prepare," Elias announced. Minnie squealed and rushed over to hug me. I chuckled as I hugged her back.

"This is great! We have to go to Anna's Tailor shop to get you fitted for a dress, but we'll have to have a high waist because of the baby," she said excitedly. I stood and hesitated as I stretched.

"Maybe tomorrow. Right now, I'm tired and my feet hurt," I said, rubbing my hand over my stomach. Elias scooped me up and stood with me. I sighed and shook my head at him.

"What?" he asked. Taylor and Peyton stood.

"We'll handle the ceremony details, brother. You go take care of your mate," Taylor said. Elias carried me upstairs to our room and laid me down on the bed.

"When will I be able to walk on my own again?" I asked sarcastically. Elias only chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"Maybe in a few years when we're done having kids," he joked. "When do we get to find out the gender?" he asked. I laid back against the pillows and sighed as I rubbed my hand over my slightly protruding belly.

"A few weeks. Do you really want to know? It could be a surprise," I said. He sat next to me and moved my shirt up to touch the taunt skin of my stomach.

"If we have a son, I'll have to start training him to be Alpha right away," he explained. I sighed.

"Why can't you just let him be a normal boy? Why don't you let him have a childhood?" I asked.

"Because if it's a boy, he'll be born into the responsibility of Alpha. No ifs, ands, or buts," he replied. I rolled my eyes.

"That's how kids get messed up. I'm sure Lindsey Lohan was 'born into responsibility' too, and now she's a crack head. And what if we have a girl? Are you going to thrust all the Alpha responsibility onto her too?" I asked. He scoffed.

"Absolutely not? Plus, the chance of a mixed-breed female offspring even having the Lycan gene is rare. You didn't have it. Even if she was Lycan, she won't be Alpha of Rigor Moon. It's a male role," he explained.

"That's a bit sexist, don't you think?" I said, raising an eyebrow at him. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"It's not sexist, it's the truth. There is no such think as a female Alpha, but we won't have to worry about it. We're having a boy; whether it be this pregnancy or the next one," he said.

"Oh, hell no. What makes you think I'm getting pregnant again?" I asked incredulously. Getting pregnant the first time was an accident. Elias chuckled and kissed my temple before he stood.

"With all the sex we'll be having, it's bound to happen," he said with a mischievous smirk before he went to the bathroom. I lay there gaping after him. I couldn't believe how bluntly he put it. Actually, I could. I sighed and shook my head at myself. I couldn't deny how excited I got at the thought. I still craved Elias in ways my brain couldn't comprehend, but I was used to it by now.

After a moment, I got up and got dressed for bed. The t-shirt I wore was a little tight over my stomach, but I wasn't ridiculously big yet. Elias came back into the room just as I finished pulling up my shorts.

"What are you doing out of bed?" he asked worried, rushing to my side. I chuckled and got back in the bed. I sat criss cross and held my hands up in surrender.

"Better?" I joked. He smiled softly and kissed my cheek before getting in next to me. "You know, there's no way you're keeping me on bed rest the duration of my pregnancy," I said. He shrugged.

"Well, you won't be lifting a finger around me, and per your rule, I don't leave your side," he teased smugly. I shook my head and sighed.

"I didn't mean all the time. I just hated when you would leave me by myself all day before I left," I clarified. Elias sighed and pulled me into his lap, cuddling me.

"I know, and I'm sorry. It's just... being away from you all day was easier than hearing how much you hated me," he admitted. My eyes searched his face. He was telling the truth. I could see the longing, hurt, and vulnerability in his face. I sighed before I pecked his cheek.

"I don't hate you Elias," I said quietly. He sat up against the headboard and opened his arms for me.

"Come here, cupcake," he said softly. I snuggled closer to him, pressing my back into his chest. He moved my shirt to rub my stomach. "You're my mate, and I love you," he muttered into my neck before he kissed my cheek. I smiled gently and put my hand over his. He interlocked our fingers and held it tightly.

"I love you, too, Eli," I said quietly. He kissed my hand before tucking me under the covers. After turning off the lights, he got in the bed himself and rubbed my stomach until it lulled me to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 1K 19
Preview: I feel the blood running down my head from the attack. I try to move but my hands are pulled back from the silver chains on tied to the wal...
7K 158 17
Amara Knight is a young pack member of the Silver Moon Pack and best friend to the alpha's baby sister Kaden Black. After her parents death, she had...
75.9K 1.5K 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
21.6K 603 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...