The Black Bag (Part 1 of 2)

By IsabelMariahHon

Richard Brammer is a run-of-the-mill 'normal' boy, living in a normal life with a single father. Despite his... More

First Glimpse ~ 01
Milder Consequence ~ 03
Confession Time ~ 04
Walking Misfortune ~ 08
Inquiry ~ 02
Lonely Hunt for Shadows ~ 11
Adoption ~ 05
Look of Knowing ~ 10
Death's Puzzle ~ 13
Point of No Return ~ 09
Stranger ~ 15
Leaving for Home ~ 06
Interruption ~ 14
Vengeance ~ 16
Author's Announcement
Extras: Character Profiles

Last Chance Left ~ 28

170 7 2
By IsabelMariahHon

 End of 2015, Age 19

His legs are screaming, yet he doesn't dare to slow down.

His breath hitches dangerously, his lungs going through overwork. His head is internally spinning, nausea threatening to settle in.

Even so, he doesn't stop. He can't stop. Not right now of all times. If that dream was real... If what he had just seen was true...

One clumsy leap somehow gets him over the low gate and onto the unruly lawn. The hanging yellow tape is swiped aside and the front door is thrown open.

He makes it up the steps by taking two at a time. His eyes flit to the stream of light under the only door to the right, and his hands fly to the knob...

He stands there at the entrance, spent and shaky, skin perspiring and thighs aching.

...She is there, alright... Just as he had told him she would be...

But there is one thing present that disturbs him: the familiar tote bag sitting right at the foot of the bed.

'...Why is it still here?'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
72.4K 3.1K 27
After barely surviving an attempt on her life, alchemy student Ariel investigates her new supernatural roommates as possible suspects. Nothing can pr...
11.7M 302K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
29.1M 921K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...