A Change in Fate || Cedric Di...

Bởi Accio_Butterbeer

The Triwizard Tournament is finally revived after centuries, but this time, seven champions are called for th... Xem Thêm

A Change in Fate
Playlist
Chapter 1: Analeigh, Portkeys, and a Diggory
Chapter 3: Duels and Dark Marks
Chapter 4: Trains and Tournaments
Chapter 5: A Sort-Of-Dramatic First Day
Chapter 6: October
Chapter 7: An Anxious Analeigh and Charmed Cedric
Chapter 8: The Champions
Chapter 9: Mornings
Chapter 10: Potions to Pictures
Chapter 11: Firsts
Chapter 12: Dragons
Chapter 13: The First Task
Chapter 14: Relationships and Rumors
Chapter 15: Questions
Chapter 16: Date Drama
Chapter 17: The Yule Ball
Chapter 18: A Happy Christmas
Chapter 19: Confrontations
Chapter 20: Butterflies
Chapter 21: Sweets
Chapter 22: The Second Task
Chapter 23: Cloud Nine
Chapter 24: Butterbeer and a Bother
Chapter 25: Looming Dread
Chapter 26: Indications
Chapter 27: The Third Task
Chapter 28: Fate and Foe
Chapter 29: The Truth Untold
Chapter 30: A Sliver of Hope
Chapter 31: Reality
Chapter 32: The Order of the Phoenix
Chapter 33: History
Chapter 34: The Hearing
Chapter 35: Revelations
Chapter 36: Rumor Has It
Chapter 37: First Day Fiasco
Chapter 38: The High Inquisitor
Chapter 39: Sacked
Chapter 40: The Hog's Head
Chapter 41: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter 42: Confidentiality
Chapter 43: A Holiday to Remember
Chapter 44: The Return
Chapter 45: Caught
Chapter 46: Falling to Pieces
Chapter 47: Wounded
Chapter 48: A Giant Surprise
Chapter 49: Riddle
Chapter 50: Awakening
Sequel
Sequel: Published!

Chapter 2: World Cup Catastrophe

17.3K 413 176
Bởi Accio_Butterbeer

When Analeigh opened her eyes on the day of the Quidditch World Cup finals, she was already in a good mood. She was glad that the people she was surrounded by enjoyed Quidditch like she did. She just couldn't wait until the final match of the World Cup. All in all, she felt like this day would be the best day in her life so far. She felt like simply nothing could go wrong.

The tent full of the Weasleys and their friends was filled with excitement. Nobody got up begrudgingly seeing as everyone was eagerly waiting for the time to head out and finally watch the final game.

When everyone had gotten up, eaten a hearty breakfast, and got ready to leave, the tent was noisier than ever together with the happy shouts and laughter coming from outside. Harry and Ron were proudly supporting Bulgaria whereas everyone else was on Ireland's side; Ginny's and Analeigh's teasing comments to Ron as he fawned over famous Seeker Viktor Krum put him in a bad mood for a while when they were about to leave, though.

"Oh, shove off," Ron had grumbled to the dirty blonde and his younger sister, who both erupted in giggles. His grumpiness soon faded when Harry assured him that Krum was in fact the greatest Seeker of all time and would no doubt bring his team to glory. Fred and George came up behind their brother, though, and continued the teasing that Ginny and Analeigh had just recently stopped.

"Ireland is going to win, without a doubt," Analeigh said to Hermione as they walked towards the stadium.

Hermione shrugged. "You know I'm not that into Qudditch, Leigh, but I do agree with you. If you want a debate on who's going to win, though, ask Harry or Ron."

"I am not talking to Leigh or Ginny. Those girls are bullies," Ron said accusingly, pointing at his sister and then Analeigh. Ginny had caught up and began walking next to Hermione who was now caught in the middle, right in between Ron and the the two girls he was accusing.

Eventually, they stopped in front of the Quidditch stadium's main entrance where a jolly man awaited them. Each of them handed their tickets as he told them enthusiastically, "Top box, as far and high as you can go!"

Mr. Weasley immediately obeyed and stepped inside happily. He reached the set of stairs first, and despite how high it was that it practically reached the sky, he kept his bright smile on his face. Analeigh, although knowing from the short time she's known Mr. Weasley, still couldn't believe how positive he could be. She hadn't even reached the first step and she was already dreading going all the way up.

By the time they were almost at the top, the entire stadium was practically filled to the brim — that just proved how long their walk was.

"Blimey, dad. How far up are we?" Ron asked, wiping the sweat forming on his forehead.

"Well, put it this way," a sneering voice cut in. "If it started to rain, you would be the first to know."

Analeigh noticed Harry, Ron, Hermione, and even Mr. Weasley tense up. She whipped around only to find the railing of the stairs behind her — the voice had come from below them. The group approached it and looked down and found an all too familiar pale, blonde boy accompanied by a man and woman similar features to his. Without a doubt, this was Draco Malfoy and his parents.

"Father got us to stay in the Minister's Box," Malfoy bragged. "Invitation from Cornelius Fudge himself!"

"Don't boast, Draco," the man Analeigh assumed to be Draco's father reprimanded, poking his son's chest with his wand. Analeigh couldn't help but chuckle at Malfoy's startled expression, but this caught their attention.

The man looked back up at the stairs and narrowed his eyes at Analeigh. "And who are you?" he questioned, looking at her like she was filth.

Analeigh had to admit that he was intimidating, but she straightened up and replied in a composed voice, "Analeigh Heart."

A look of realization came over his face.

"Ah, the famous trio's new little friend," he commented. Nobody said a word. "Lucius Malfoy."

"I don't think I asked."

Hermione nudged Analeigh hard in the ribs, causing her to wince. She didn't glare at her, knowing she was being scolded for for the right reason. She should not have said that. Now, this Lucius Malfoy would have a reason to hate yet another person associated with the Weasleys, a family he already loathed.

"Come on, Lucius," the woman with Lucius and Draco finally spoke. She seemed to be the only one acting mature out of all of them at the moment. "We must go."

Lucius held his menacing stare at Analeigh for a moment before glaring at the others. Draco did the same, but mostly to Harry, and then he and his parents finally walked away. Analeigh then felt a small tug and she was pulled away from the railing; it was Mr. Weasley. She knew from Ron's stories how his dad already had some tension with the Malfoys.

At last, in only about five minutes later, they had reached the top.

"Finally," Ron let out a loud exhale, dropping into the first seat and blocking everyone.

"Ron, move," Analeigh said, nudging him.

He sighed in response. "Only for the others. Still not forgiving you for making fun of me."

"Oh come on, Ron," she said with a playful nudge. "Lighten up. This game won't be fun to watch if you're not gonna commentate with me."

Ron didn't reply, but his tiny smile gave away that he wasn't mad at his friend anymore.

"Ladies and gentlemen... welcome!" said a booming voice. The audience erupted in excited cheers and applause, the sound almost deafening.

"That was Ludo Bagman, the head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports," Mr. Weasley informed the kids, trying to be heard over the noise.

"Welcome to the final of the four hundred and twenty-second Quidditch World Cup!" The audience roared and clapped so loudly again that she thought she was going to lose her hearing soon. Flags of either green or scarlet were waved in the air, indicating which team they were supporting. Of course, Ron and Harry, already clad in red accessories, waved their red-colored flags as well. The rest, including Analeigh, waved the green flags and showed off their Irish-themed outfits.

"And now," continued Bagman. "Without further ado, allow me to introduce... the Bulgarian National Team Mascots!"

From one side of the stadium, a long line of girls came striding out and dancing gracefully. Even from afar, Analeigh could tell they were beautiful — almost too beautiful. She knew after a split second that they were Veelas, having been classmates with many girls with Veela blood in her two years at Beauxbatons Academy.

Analeigh instinctively turned to the group of boys next to her. While she, Hermione, and Ginny were merely watching, all the boys (excluding Mr. Weasley, who wasn't paying attention to the Veelas — perhaps he already knew how to avoid being affected) were standing up and moving towards the balcony to take a closer look at them. Analeigh saw Hermione also noticing their sudden change in behavior, so she tried to grab ahold of Harry and Ron's shirts but missed.

"Harry, what are you doing?" Hermione asked them disapprovingly.

"They're being lured by them," Analeigh rolled her eyes. It was enough that many boys already fell for the Veelas at Beauxbatons.

Hermione sighed and said in a louder voice, "Boys!"

Luckily, the Veelas stopped dancing on time. Unfortunately for all the men, they had to leave, and stadium was filled with angry shouts. Ludo Bagman ignored them as he said, "And now, kindly put your wands in the air... for the Irish National Team Mascots!"

For a moment, all Analeigh could see were gold and green things zooming around the stadium. But when Mr. Weasley shouted, "Leprechauns!" she understood exactly that those were exactly what they were. Then, gold objects began falling from the sky — coins.

"Excellent!" Ron beamed, hurriedly gathering as much of them as he could.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen," said Ludo Bagman. "Kindly welcome the Bulgarian National Quidditch Team! I give you Dimitrov!" The first player from the Bulgarian team flew out from the bottom of the pitch, closely followed by the rest of them as their names were announced. "Ivanova! Zograf! Levski! Vulchanov! Volkov! Aaaaaand Krum!"

Despite the roaring from the crowd, Analeigh could hear Ron yelling, "Krum! It's Krum!"

"And now, please greet the Irish National Quidditch Team! Presenting Conolly!" A whizz of green shot out from the other side of the pitch. "Ryan! Troy! Mullet! Moran! Quigley! Aaaaaand Lynch!" The whole stadium practically shook from all the clapping, stomping, and cheering. "And let the game... begin!"

★ ★ ★

The day was truly amazing. Aside from Ireland winning the match, Analeigh felt at home as she conversed with her friends. She was glad she had this time to bond with them since she had only befriended everyone towards the end of her third year, but thanks to the kindness of the Weasleys, she got to be invited to the Quidditch World Cup and get to know them even better.

Analeigh grinned from ear to ear as she spoke ecstatically with Ginny. Hermione joined in once in a while as they spoke of Ireland's victory, but it was Ginny who matched Analeigh's enthusiasm because she was an avid Quidditch fan as well.

"I can't believe Krum got the snitch, though!" Ginny was saying.

"Of course he did," said Ron, walking in. "He's an artist!"

Analeigh decided not to rain on his parade by reminding him that Ireland still won the Quidditch World Cup Finals.

"He's like a bird, the way he flies!"

"I think you're in love, Ron."

"Of course he is," Analeigh sniggered. "Look, he's acting all smitten right now."

Before Ron could retort, Fred, George, and Harry began singing.

"Viktor, I love you, Viktor, I do!" they chorused. "When we're apart, my heart beats only for you!"

Shouts and booming sounds from outside the tent interrupted their celebration.

"Sounds like the Irish have got their pride on," Fred commented.

"Stop! Stop it!" Mr. Weasley suddenly yelled, barging into the living area inside the tent. Almost immediately, all the kids were silenced as they stared at the balding man in worry. "It's not the Irish."

"What?"

"Out, everyone, out!" Without any further instructions needed, they all grabbed their wands and stuck to each other as they stumbled out of the tent. Instead of the happy faces of Ireland's supporters or even the sulking ones of the Bulgarian supporters, they were met with a horrific sight: everyone seemed to be running fearfully away from something, people were screaming in terror, and the campsite had become a mess. But when Analeigh's eyes landed on a group of scary-looking men in masks in the distance, her heart stopped.

"Death Eaters," Mr. Weasley explained in a hurry. "Fred, George, Ginny is your responsibility. The rest of you, stick together. All of you must go to the Portkey."

Mr. Weasley pushed them all in the direction of the exit before he ran away to help the Ministry. To say it was chaotic was an extreme understatement. Everything was a literal blur; people were yelling, running in circles, some even tripping and struggling to get up amidst all the ruckus. And with everyone bumping into one another, Harry had gotten separated from Analeigh, Ron, and Hermione.

"Harry!" they all shouted, desperately reaching for him. But he quickly blended into the stampede and lost sight of him within seconds.

"We have to get Harry!" Ron said worriedly, stopping in his tracks.

"We should move out if the way," Analeigh quickly suggested. "That way, we can find him easily."

And so, the two followed Analeigh as she dragged them to the side of the forest, away from the crowd. But there was no difference — Harry was still nowhere to be seen. What they did see from there, though, was a group of people suspended mid-air, their heads tilted back.

"That's Mr. Roberts," Hermione gasped.

"Is that his family?" Analeigh gulped.

Hermione nodded solemnly. "They're all Muggles."

A grim silence came over them as they just stopped and watched everyone run for their lives while innocent Muggles were tortured and possibly dead by the looks of it. As the crowd thinned — albeit, it was still full of people pushing and shoving each other — Ron said, "Let's go and find Harry now."

The two girls nodded and dove into the chaos again. Yet another unfortunate event struck: this time, Analeigh was pulled away from Hermione and Ron, and the worst thing was that both parties didn't realize they had separated until minutes later when it was too late.

"Leigh?" Hermione called, turning in place.

"Uh, Hermione? Ron?" Analeigh said tentatively, trying to pinpoint where their voices came from.

"Leigh!" Their voices only seemed to be getting farther, so the only thing Analeigh could do now was find her way back to the Portkey on her own. Just as she began making her way forward, a flash of light hit the tree next to her and she stopped, startled. Turning around, she saw the masked men nearing her. Fear built up in Analeigh as she tried to run faster, fishing her wand out from her pocket in the process.

"Imperio!" a deep voice said. Analeigh ducked and saw the jet of light whizz above her head and she let out a loud exhale.

Analeigh finally grabbed ahold of her wand and quickly said, "Expelliarmus!" The man who sent the Imperius curse at her had his wand shooting out his hand and landing somewhere near Analeigh, but she didn't bother to pick it up. She didn't have the time to do that. Sadly, she didn't have the time to dodge the next attack.

"Stupefy!" said a different voice. This time, a force hit Analeigh squarely in her back and she was sent flying forwards face first. She didn't know what she hit before she lost consciousness, lying limply on the ground.yet.

And just that morning, Analeigh thought that this was going to be the most exciting day of her life — she certainly did not imagine that it would involve her getting stunned by a masked, dangerous Death Eater.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

494K 12.5K 45
Cedric Diggory has been my best friend ever since I was six years old. Our friendship had always been so perfect until my fourth year of Hogwarts ca...
275K 6.1K 47
Weasley, Amora Adele. Molly and Arthur Weasley's gorgeous daughter, the youngest of the Weasley triplets, Fred and George. The redhead clan's first d...
117K 1.9K 28
"I like you. It's doesn't feel like its nothing anymore." He said to the young brown hair caramel eyed girl in front of him. "Hermione...what you thi...
367 3 56
(Please drop a comment and ♥ the story if you like it. This encourages me to write better.) BOOK 5 (The Order of the Phoenix) COMING SOON LOVE IS I...