The Girl in the Glade // Twin...

Per teenwolfgirl90

[CURRENTLY BEING EDITED] Clara is a simple girl trying to survive. Her new life finds her among roughly 50 b... Més

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
Author's Note
twenty seven
twenty nine
thirty

twenty eight

966 20 9
Per teenwolfgirl90

Around three we all gathered in front of the maze door, all of our stuff packed and ready to go. Chuck hovered next to me nervously and I smiled down at him and took the large pole from him. "I'll carry this, you take this." I handed him a light bag I packed and he smiled, eagerly pulling it on.

"Alright, listen up shanks! We're running until we can't run any longer! Hopefully we can all make it to the cliff before we need a break. Anyone have anything else to add?" Minho yelled out to the group.

"Shouldn't someone give some kind of pep talk?" Newt asked, looking around.

"Be careful. Don't die." Minho said with a smirk.

Newt rolled his eyes. "Great, we're all bloody inspired."

"You guys suck at this!" I told them, going up and standing in between them to face the group of gladers.

"You all know why we have to leave. We can't wait another day or we'll lose more of you for no reason and we've already lost so many. We know the way out and we have to fight to get there, are you ready?" I yelled out.

A few gladers yelled back but not all.

I shook my head and rose my arms. "I said, are you ready?!" I screamed nearly at the top of my lungs.

"Yeahhhh!" The group yelled in unison.

I nodded my head and smiled. "That's what I thought! Let's go!"

We turned and ran into the maze. I dropped to the back with Thomas while Newt and Minho led us to the cliff and to our exit. I kept an eye on Chuck and Newt while we ran but noticed Minho kept glancing at Newt as well. I smiled to myself at seeing Minho be such a great friend to Newt. He always has been. Chuck ended up dropping back by Thomas and I as we neared the cliff, towards the end of the run.

"Clara, no matter what happens you have to promise me you'll get through the griever hole and make sure the code is entered." Thomas said right before we stopped by the cliff.

I glanced at him then my eyes found Newt's at the front of the group. "Teresa and Chuck are going through. I'm standing with you guys. I already told you that."

"Yeah, I know. Just make it through. That's all I'm asking. I don't care if you fight with us I'm just..." He sighed and shook his head. "I'm just asking that you make it through."

I heard the concern in his voice and looked up at him. "I will Tommy." I patted his arm lightly before pulling him to the front where Minho and Newt stood, Chuck following behind us.

After taking a look around the corner I gasped and sank back against the wall, my arm automatically pushing Chuck against the wall.

"Griever?" Newt asked quietly.

"Several." I replied just as quiet as to not alarm anyone.

All the gladers gathered around us nervously, anxiously waiting for us to tell them what to do.

"Teresa, you and Chuck will be the first to dive through the hole. Thomas and Minho tied ivy vines and threw them through the hole so you guys know where you have to jump through." Teresa nodded as I spoke and wrapped an arm around Chuck's shoulder. "Chuck, you stay with me." Teresa said with a small smile.

"Okay, everyone, you all know what waits around that corner and you know it won't be a pretty fight. We just have to hold the grievers off long enough to get Teresa and Chuck through the hole so they can enter in the code and get us out of here." I spoke loud enough for everyone to hear but quiet enough so the grievers around the corner didn't hear me.

Chuck nodded but looked up at me, wrapping his arms around me. "Be careful Clara."

I smiled down at him and nodded, hugging him tightly. "You too Chuckie. I'll see you on the other side."

My eyes met Newt's and I felt a pang of guilt for not telling him my plan ahead of time. I separated from Chuck and wrapped my arms around Newt's neck. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I'm not going to let you fight without me."

I felt his lips against my temple and his warm breath in my hair. "I know love. I understand. Just please be careful."

I pulled back and kissed him lightly as we still had nearly fourty gladers around us. "You be careful too." I looked around at the kids surrounding us. "Everyone watch your back, this isn't going to be easy. Fight as hard as you can and remember getting Teresa and Chuck through the griever hole is the priority."

"We've lost so many already, let's not lose anymore!" Thomas added, inspiring our group. We all turned our attention to him and got our weapons ready. "Just create a path for those two and fight the grievers. It's time we get out of here and show those shuck creators who we really are!"

We all cheered and Thomas led us towards the cliff. I had my machete and the pole I took from Chuck and ran right in front of Teresa and Chuck. Thomas started the fight, his own blade connecting with the griever closest to the hole. I followed his lead and a small gap opened. "Teresa, now!" I screamed out.

She nodded and pulled Chuck through the small gap with her. I hit the griever on my end with my machete again and watched as Chuck disappeared into the hole. I felt a weight lift off my shoulders as I knew he was going down the ladder to safety. I kept hitting my griever over and over hearing the sounds of battle all around me.

Thomas joined me and grabbed the pole, pushing the griever over the edge. We had no time to rejoice as the griever fell into the blackness and we both turned to help the others. I immediately went to Newt's side and together we pushed the griever over the edge after a few minutes of hitting it over and over. We shared a small smile before there was a loud shriek that filled the air. We both covered our ears as the sound rang through the air. The griever that made the noise seemed to come from the sky as it landed on Minho.

"Minho!" Newt yelled, running towards him.

Thomas pushed against the griever with the long pole and a few other gladers, including myself, helped him to push the griever off of Minho. Sweat dripped down our faces as we fought the beast in an effort to save Minho but none of us gave up. I was finally able to break one of the grievers legs and it lost it's balance, tumbling back. Thomas pushed it with the pole as Newt and I pulled Minho to his feet. The second Thomas pushed the griever over the edge five more dropped from the sky. We formed a line, shoulder to shoulder, and started backing towards the griever hole. I looked around and noticed we had lost a lot of gladers already and now we were trapped. There was blood and oil all over the ground and the stench of it made my eyes water and my heart ache.

The grievers towered over us, backing us closer and closer to the cliff.

"What do we do?" I yelled to Thomas, beside me. He shook his head and took a step forward, blocking me from the closest griever.

"Clara, I think it's time you go down and help Chuck and Teresa." Thomas said, glancing over his shoulder at me.

I shook my head and took a step forward. "No, I'm not leaving you guys."

"Clara, listen to Tommy. See what's taken them so bloody long. We'll be right behind you." Newt glanced at me and I could see the plea in his eyes.

"No! I can't!" My machete shook in my hand as the exhaustion flooded through me but I couldn't leave them. They were my family now and there was no way I could leave without them. The grievers took another step closer and we were all right on the edge of the cliff. I glanced over my shoulder and saw nothing but the black abyss below us.

Teresa, hurry up!

I shouted in my head. Thomas flinched and glanced over his shoulder at me. I smiled apologetically and shrugged, not meaning to yell that loud in his head.

A few metallic arms started coming at us and we all stepped forward with our weapons. I smacked one arm with my machete but several more came at us. I screamed out as an arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me towards the hoard of grievers.

"Clara!" Newt and Thomas both yelled out. They lunged at the griever, weapons raised just as the beasts shut down. The arm released me and I went free falling through the air. I screamed out in fear until two strong arms caught me. The breath left me as I looked up into Newt's eyes. My arms went around his neck as he set me on the ground.

"Thank you." I whispered, hugging him tightly.

His arms were around me just as tight as he kissed my head lightly. "I'm glad that's over with."

I let out a short laugh and pulled him to the griever hole. Thomas was ushering everyone, well, everyone that survived, through the hole one at a time.

"Come on guys, be quick. Minho is on the other side to help you once you climb through." Thomas was saying as Winston jumped to the hole. He straddled the ledge as I had a few days ago before disappearing. "There's a ladder on the other side so just go down carefully."

Newt and I waited until we were the last ones and stepped up to where Thomas was waiting. "Clara, you go first." Thomas said, holding out a hand to help me. He smirked when I ignored the gesture.

I smiled at him and jumped to the hole, pulling myself through. I quickly climbed down the really tall ladder, glancing down at what awaited me. "Come on pokey let's go!" Minho yelled out, watching me climb down from the ground.

As soon as I landed Chuck's arms slid around my waist. "I was scared you didn't make it!"

I smiled down at him and shook my head. "Of course I made it you know I'm an excellent fighter."

He laughed and released me waiting to see who else was coming.

When Newt reached the ground he made his way over to me and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Thomas, you it?" Minho asked as Thomas climbed down.

"Yeah, that's all of us." Thomas replied with a sad tone.

We all looked around to see who was still with us and my heart clinched when I didn't see Jeff. My eyes met Clint's as he was searching the room. I saw the tears in his eyes and quickly went to him. "Jeff?" I whispered.

He shook his head and I hugged him. "I'm sorry Clint."

"Alright, I heard a door shut just down that hall so I think that's our way out." Minho said, interrupting my thoughts.

We all started following him down the hall with Thomas bringing up the rear. Teresa made her way to my side and we walked in silence, Chuck in front of us and Newt by my side. We walked right in front of Thomas down the narrow hallway all of us stopping when we heard screaming at the front.

"Minho?" Newt yelled, taking my hand in his.

"There's some sort of slide up here!" Fry Pan yelled in response.

We heard more yelling but this time it sounded like they were having fun. I looked at Newt who had a small smile on his face as we continued making our way towards the slide. Before we knew it we were the only ones left and I turned to Teresa. "You want to go first?"

She nodded and stepped forward, instantly disappearing. Chuck gasped and smiled at me before nearly running to where we assumed the slide was. "Chuck, be careful!" I shouted after him. I smiled when I heard his laughter all the way down.

Newt placed his hand on my lower back as we stepped closer. "Have fun." He murmured.

I grinned and took a tentative step forward, losing my breath as my butt hit the slide. I didn't expect to go this fast down the slimy, dark slide but had to admit it was pretty exhilarating. I twisted and turned with the slide spiraling down to who knows where. I noticed a powerful smell radiating through the slide that nearly made me want to empty my stomach but then I remembered Newt and Thomas would be following me down and I couldn't do that to them. My hand slid through some thick liquid that I quickly shook off.

As soon as I thought I couldn't take another minute of the slide I was thrown from it into a small, open room. I hit the ground with a hard thud and the air was knocked out of me once more when something, or I should say someone, landed on me. "Ow!"

"Clara!" Newt scrambled off of me and pulled me to my feet just as Thomas hit the ground.

Thomas looked around a moment before slowly rising to his feet. He looked as sick as I felt. "You okay Tommy?"

He nodded to me before walking towards Minho. "Where now?"

"There's another hallway up ahead so I'm thinking we have to go that way." Minho stated, beginning the trek down another dark hallway. We reached a door with an exit sign and we all looked at each other.

"Seriously?" Fry Pan asked, stating exactly how we all felt. It couldn't be this simple.

Thomas took a step forward and opened the door, gasping immediately. The stench of blood hit me first and I pulled Chuck into me. My arms wrapped around him, lightly resting on his chest as we made our way through the door. Bodies littered the floor everywhere, bodies in white lab coats and there was only one thing I could think of.

Chase.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

12.1K 212 32
Y/N was one of the first people sent up by WCKD. After over two years, a brunette boy comes up in the box and turns her life upside down. This is ba...
85.1K 1.8K 34
Being the first girl in the maze came with its own set of challenges... Including falling in love with a boy, meeting old friends and saving the worl...
121K 1.8K 17
Y/N and Airs were together in the Maze Trials when they escaped to the Sanctuary. Meeting Thomas' maze group, they help each other by searching for t...
196K 5K 65
❝ I just wish you could see the way that I feel about you.❞ ❝ Show me.❞ - EDEN had spent the whole of her life, that she remembered, trying to find s...